• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lucas Johnson Scouting Report?

CDAGRIZ said:
Cowboys84 said:
Lucas "Trey" johnson, the 3rd choice and future starting quarterback of THE Montana grizzlies, after the transfer quarterbacks from University of northern Iowa, and Colorado state said "thanks, but no thanks" and bolted to other programs.

Can you even imagine if we had to go Sixx deep to land a head coach? A transfer QB is one thing, but it's crazy to think about how nobody would take the Bozeman State job when offered. I was half-tempted to throw my hat into the ring. Maybe get the job and tank the program. Could've had a statue on campus.

Remember when they had an AD for about 4 and a half hours? Then the guy got a look at the place?

Cowboys84 said:
uofmman1122 said:
I would tell you that you're gonna be so mad when he beats your team, but you still seem too scared to tell us who your team is. :lol:

Here's a hint.... My team has at least two guys who have already been invited to the nfl combine this year.... Another reason for the gris to be green with envy...đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

And they still got their ass handed to them 29-3 (the 10 was cosmetic)? Just think how bad the ass beating will be now that those guys are gone. Hell yes Andersen, Hardy and McCutcheon were great players and seem like great kids. And it was never even a game with them. Sounds like a horrible waste of NFL talent for an FCS team.

UncleRico said:
Cowboys84 said:
Here's a hint.... My team has at least two guys who have already been invited to the nfl combine this year.... Another reason for the gris to be green with envy...đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

And they still got their ass handed to them 29-3 (the 10 was cosmetic)? Just think how bad the ass beating will be now that those guys are gone. Hell yes Andersen, Hardy and McCutcheon were great players and seem like great kids. And it was never even a game with them. Sounds like a horrible waste of NFL talent for an FCS team.
Not quite... But thanks for playing along...

Cowboys84 said:
mthoopsfan said:
Who had offers and publicly said no? Names and links please.

Will mcelvain of northern Iowa had a offer from montana and accepted an offer from central arkansas, Todd centeio of Colorado state had and offer from the grizzlies and accepted an offer from James Madison before Trey was offered.

Just go thru one of the numerous recruiting threads over here...

Centenio isn't very good. Played on a crappy team. Threw 10 picks, 8 in the last 4 games. The coach showed his confidence in him by bringing in 3 new qb's to run the offense.

Mcelvain is not any all star either. He was beaten out last fall. The Griz don't need a backup from NI.

I'll take the SDS starter, from a 12-2 team ranked in the Top 20. He is big and can run and throw. The coaches think his passing will continue to improve, after spending too many year in the Georgia Tech running game. He's a tough kid too.

3d choice. Yah, right. Learn something about the game if you are going to post on egriz.

Cowboys84 said:
Griz til I die said:
Can we just ban this guy already? If he can’t even make a factual statement about why McElvain and Centeio are both better than Johnson than I see no reason why he should be allowed to post anymore.

How many times have you stated a post with "in my opinion"?...

That's exactly what this is... My opinion...
I’m starting to think you’re on something.

EverettGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Can you even imagine if we had to go Sixx deep to land a head coach? A transfer QB is one thing, but it's crazy to think about how nobody would take the Bozeman State job when offered. I was half-tempted to throw my hat into the ring. Maybe get the job and tank the program. Could've had a statue on campus.

Remember when they had an AD for about 4 and a half hours? Then the guy got a look at the place?

Oh, the picture was priceless. Dude trying to muscle through it while the wife and kids were wishing for a tornado to take them literally anywhere else. #bobcatthings

CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:

Oh, the picture was priceless. Dude trying to muscle through it while the wife and kids were wishing for a tornado to take them literally anywhere else. #bobcatthings

Poor little junior probably feared they were going to plaster his mug on a porta shitter.

Too soon to say, but "dink and dunk" that eats up clock and scores would certainly keep the D off the field so much. And that's not a bad thing.
It may not be pretty, but it gets the job done. And that's kinda been Bobby Ball, hasn't it? It often ain't pretty but it wins a lot more often than it doesn't.

horribilisfan8184 said:
AZGrizFan said:

All you need to understand about eGriz is it's loaded with posters who, if served a 5 star, seven course meal while dining with a gorgeous actress, would still complain the portions were too small, the candle light too dim, the waiter too friendly, and the date too horny.

POTY!

GrizGuy said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
All you need to understand about eGriz is it's loaded with posters who, if served a 5 star, seven course meal while dining with a gorgeous actress, would still complain the portions were too small, the candle light too dim, the waiter too friendly, and the date too horny.

POTY!

We have our standards !

mthoopsfan said:
Cowboys84 said:
Will mcelvain of northern Iowa had a offer from montana and accepted an offer from central arkansas, Todd centeio of Colorado state had and offer from the grizzlies and accepted an offer from James Madison before Trey was offered.

Just go thru one of the numerous recruiting threads over here...

Centenio isn't very good. Played on a crappy team. Threw 10 picks, 8 in the last 4 games. The coach showed his confidence in him by bringing in 3 new qb's to run the offense.

Mcelvain is not any all star either. He was beaten out last fall. The Griz don't need a backup from NI.

I'll take the SDS starter, from a 12-2 team ranked in the Top 20. He is big and can run and throw. The coaches think his passing will continue to improve, after spending too many year in the Georgia Tech running game. He's a tough kid too.

3d choice. Yah, right. Learn something about the game if you are going to post on egriz.

Too funny....

Colorado state hired a new coach this year and brought in quarterbacks that he thought fit his style better...no knock on centeio...

coach bobby did the same thing his first year at litigation u. .... He brought in Dalton Sneed to compete with gresch Jensen and run his system, sneed was a better option..

Will mcelvvain lost his job to injuries that started in the spring and lingered on and got gradually worse as the season went on...mcelvvain was mvfc newcomer of the year ...his coach at uni had nothing but praise the way mcelvvain handled the situation....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://wcfcourier.com/sports/college/uni/football/uni-quarterback-will-mcelvain-enters-transfer-portal/article_266f3c5c-4ff3-54a8-94dd-07762358c626.html&ved=2ahUKEwjSrqjp5fL1AhWoKEQIHUt9C0gQFnoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3fd5DL2oaLvYNLd3Ljfurc

If Trey is the next best thing why didn't he stick it out at san Diego State...

Dude nobody cares what you have to say.
Literally not one. You can’t name a single poster who appreciates your crap.
You’re so desperate for validation around here, but no one likes you at all. It’s so sad really
So desperate, like when the Fartgo Golden Corral runs out of hotdish:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GIwfdZFYxO8

garizzalies said:
You’re so desperate for validation around here, but no one likes you at all. It’s so sad really

Well considering I was responding to somebody else and you decided to chirp in, I believe you care a whole lot...

Cowboys84 said:
garizzalies said:

Well considering I was responding to somebody else and you decided to chirp in, I believe you care a whole lot...

I picture you eating Chef Boyardee meals off of those 1970s floral pattern tan plates. I know it’s a very specific image, but you fit the bill. I feel like you also call ground beef “hamburger meat” and have a cookie jar.

Cowboys84 said:
garizzalies said:

Oh I was responding to someone else too but you just can’t stay away. Pathetically sad existence you got going on living as a troll on your rival’s board.
Reminds me of that time you tried to tell a joke on here and it failed miserably.
We were all telling NoDaker jokes because there is an infinite amount of them, and in each one the NoDakers were always the butt of the joke. You didn’t have any actual jokes of your own about Montanans, as you’re not funny and wouldn’t know a joke if it shit in your mouth, so you had to copy/paste some link to jokes but the joke was on you because in each of the MT “jokes” you cited, the Montanan was NOT the butt of the joke, more like the roll model others envy. It fit you perfectly. That still cracks me up, just how dumb you are, and how you try so hard to be accepted but it always backfires in your face. :lol:

Cowboys84 said:
mthoopsfan said:

Too funny....

Colorado state hired a new coach this year and brought in quarterbacks that he thought fit his style better...no knock on centeio...

coach bobby did the same thing his first year at litigation u. .... He brought in Dalton Sneed to compete with gresch Jensen and run his system, sneed was a better option..

Will mcelvvain lost his job to injuries that started in the spring and lingered on and got gradually worse as the season went on...mcelvvain was mvfc newcomer of the year ...his coach at uni had nothing but praise the way mcelvvain handled the situation....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://wcfcourier.com/sports/college/uni/football/uni-quarterback-will-mcelvain-enters-transfer-portal/article_266f3c5c-4ff3-54a8-94dd-07762358c626.html&ved=2ahUKEwjSrqjp5fL1AhWoKEQIHUt9C0gQFnoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3fd5DL2oaLvYNLd3Ljfurc

Sorry, but Centenio isn't nearly as good as Johnson. I can't imagine anyone would agree that he is.

Sneed was better than Jensen in any offense. Sneed was a much better qb. Jensen flamed out quickly. Stitt liked him, but even that wore out. Don't think anyone would disagree that Sneed was not better than Jensen.

The UNI qb turned out not to be that good as time went on, whether injuries or whatever. Not even close to Johnson. Anyone want to support Cowboy that UNI is better than Johnson?

The coaches like Johnson because he is dual-threat, is tough like Sneed, and has upside in the passing game (because he's only played one year in a passing offense (Georgia Tech wasn't a passing office)).

Again, learn something about football and do some research, if you're going to post your sh-t over here.

Cowboys84 said:
mthoopsfan said:

Too funny....

Your posts kinda have that ransom note appearance. iF yoU Know what i Mean.

garizzalies said:
Cowboys84 said:
Oh I was responding to someone else too but you just can’t stay away. Pathetically sad existence you got going on living as a troll on your rival’s board.
Reminds me of that time you tried to tell a joke on here and it failed miserably.
We were all telling NoDaker jokes because there is an infinite amount of them, and in each one the NoDakers were always the butt of the joke. You didn’t have any actual jokes of your own about Montanans, as you’re not funny and wouldn’t know a joke if it shit in your mouth, so you had to copy/paste some link to jokes but the joke was on you because in each of the MT “jokes” you cited, the Montanan was NOT the butt of the joke, more like the roll model others envy. It fit you perfectly. That still cracks me up, just how dumb you are, and how you try so hard to be accepted but it always backfires in your face. :lol:

I remember that! It was stuff like "You know you're from Montana if you grew up with world class skiing within an hour of your house" and "Montanans be fly fishing". Just a humungous swing and miss by one of our resident insecure Griz-envying gravy guzzlers.

Maybe everyone should just ignore the troll poster that is Cowgirl? You really want to get under their skin. Just stop paying attention to their ridiculous posts. Cat troll posing as a Bizon fan when convenient. They will probably try a different profile, but seriously stop feeding the little trolls on this board. Will make them crazy.

mthoopsfan said:
Cowboys84 said:
Too funny....

Sorry, but Centenio isn't nearly as good as Johnson. I can't imagine anyone would agree that he is.

Sneed was better than Jensen in any offense. Sneed was a much better qb. Jensen flamed out quickly. Stitt liked him, but even that wore out. Don't think anyone would disagree that Sneed was not better than Jensen.

The UNI qb turned out not to be that good as time went on, whether injuries or whatever. Not even close to Johnson. Anyone want to support Cowboy that UNI is better than Johnson?

The coaches like Johnson because he is dual-threat, is tough like Sneed, and has upside in the passing game (because he's only played one year in a passing offense (Georgia Tech wasn't a passing office)).

Again, learn something about football and do some research, if you're going to post your sh-t over here.

Centeio is a true dual threat quarterback he ran for almost 600 yards on the season in only 131 attempts..

he passed for almost 2900 yards on the season going 229-380. At 60.0%

Giving you facts... Admit it the gris got their 3rd option.... In Trey you must trust.

Back