• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lucas Johnson Scouting Report?

Cowboys84 said:
mthoopsfan said:
Sorry, but Centenio isn't nearly as good as Johnson. I can't imagine anyone would agree that he is.

Sneed was better than Jensen in any offense. Sneed was a much better qb. Jensen flamed out quickly. Stitt liked him, but even that wore out. Don't think anyone would disagree that Sneed was not better than Jensen.

The UNI qb turned out not to be that good as time went on, whether injuries or whatever. Not even close to Johnson. Anyone want to support Cowboy that UNI is better than Johnson?

The coaches like Johnson because he is dual-threat, is tough like Sneed, and has upside in the passing game (because he's only played one year in a passing offense (Georgia Tech wasn't a passing office)).

Again, learn something about football and do some research, if you're going to post your sh-t over here.

Centeio is a true dual threat quarterback he ran for almost 600 yards on the season in only 131 attempts..

he passed for almost 2900 yards on the season going 229-380. At 60.0%

Giving you facts... Admit it the gris got their 3rd option.... In Trey you must trust.
Maybe Centrino, not the UNI guy; he was never in a schollie mix. In any case, fall-backs should Johnson not commit. #1 for BH all along, but continue your denial, it's comical.

Cowboys84 said:
mthoopsfan said:
Sorry, but Centenio isn't nearly as good as Johnson. I can't imagine anyone would agree that he is.

Sneed was better than Jensen in any offense. Sneed was a much better qb. Jensen flamed out quickly. Stitt liked him, but even that wore out. Don't think anyone would disagree that Sneed was not better than Jensen.

The UNI qb turned out not to be that good as time went on, whether injuries or whatever. Not even close to Johnson. Anyone want to support Cowboy that UNI is better than Johnson?

The coaches like Johnson because he is dual-threat, is tough like Sneed, and has upside in the passing game (because he's only played one year in a passing offense (Georgia Tech wasn't a passing office)).

Again, learn something about football and do some research, if you're going to post your sh-t over here.

Centeio is a true dual threat quarterback he ran for almost 600 yards on the season in only 131 attempts..

he passed for almost 2900 yards on the season going 229-380. At 60.0%

Giving you facts... Admit it the gris got their 3rd option.... In Trey you must trust.

I've heard the Griz coaches say Johnson was the first choice. Have you?

Last season, in 2021, McElvain ran for 20 yards and threw for 237 yards.

In spring 2021, he had 77 yards for 2.0 per carry. 51% completion percentage.

In 2019, the year you cited, he rushed for a net 372 for 2.5 per carry. 50% completion percentage.

Ya, real productive duel-threat. Averages just over 2 yards per carry, and low 50% completion percentage.

AZGrizFan said:
why do y'all keep feeding that troll?

You mean the fat fuck troll who lives over here and posts here daily, even though he’s not a Griz fan, while lecturing us that we post too much about opponent teams, while he pretends to be a gravy loving Bison fan, when in all actuality he circle jerks with Drew Burkhart and the other cat troll fuck tards here and is completely triggered by anything anti bobcat. That dumb fuck or a different one? 😂

64n0j5.jpg

74264170.jpg

images

Cowboys84 said:
garizzalies said:

Gee. could you post more of this kind of stuff
You betcha. I could literally post NorDak memes all day every day. There is an infinite amount.

Here is a New York Times article from 1981 about how Montanans love to laugh at nodunks. That’s over 40 years ago!!

https://www.nytimes.com/1981/10/27/us/montana-nobody-can-say-why-finds-north-dakota-hilarious.html

This article is so good it deserves its own post

MONTANA (NOBODY CAN SAY WHY) FINDS NORTH DAKOTA HILARIOUS

By William E. Schmidt, Special To the New York Times
Oct. 27, 1981

''Do you know what the official tree of North Dakota is?'' a man asked recently, sidling up to an unsuspecting visitor in a local tavern. ''No? It's a telephone pole.''

''What about this one?'' another man said, eager to join in. ''Here's a North Dakota state highway sign: 'Drive Carefully. No hospital for 350 miles in any direction.' ''

In Montana, which borders North Dakota on the west, jokes like these are told everywhere. It seems that poking fun at North Dakota is a statewide pastime.

''I don't know why people here pick on them,'' said Mike Dalton, a disk jockey for radio station KQDI in Great Falls, Mont. Mr. Dalton has assembled what he says is the world's largest collection of North Dakota jokes in five paperback books called, appropriately, ''Mike Dalton's North Dakota Joke Books.''

''North Dakota is just a funny place,'' he said. ''There's nothing there.'' Joke Books Have Sold 25,000 Copies

Mr. Dalton says that he has sold 25,000 copies of his books, at $2.25 apiece, with proceeds going to charity. Surprisingly, North Dakotans take all this with something more approaching resignation than indignation. They have heard it all before.

''It's really nothing new, you know,'' says Wynona H. Wilkins, a professor of French at the University of North Dakota at Grand Forks. ''People have been poking fun at North Dakota for years. Fact is, we've become sort of a national synonym for Nowheresville, a place so remote that it's comic.''

In 1971, Mrs. Wilkins wrote an academic paper, ''The Idea of North Dakota.'' In it, she concluded, among other things, that ''everyone needs to feel superior to someone else, and almost everybody can feel superior to North Dakota, because it is so far away and so seemingly unimportant.'' The state is large, with an area as equal to New England and New Jersey combined, but its population, at 643,000, is less than that of metropolitan Syracuse. Hoople, Gackle and Zap Don't Help Image

''I confess it is difficult,'' Mrs. Wilkins said in a recent telephone interview, ''to take seriously a state where towns are actually named Hoople, Gackle and Zap.''
And except for its reputation for cold, wintery, miserable weather, Mrs. Wilkins says the state has virtually no national profile. Which reminded her of a joke:

''Did you hear about the tornados that devastated the town of Fair Weather, North Dakota? Afterwards, the city fathers decided to change the name of the town. They now call it Fair Weather, South Dakota.''

''You just get used to the jokes after awhile,'' said Robert J. Kallberg, press secretary to Gov. Allen I. Olson. Mr. Kallberg cited an example involving the Governor as proof that North Dakotans tend to take all the spoofing in good humor. Tennessean Questions State's Existence

Last summer a woman named Deborah Hollingsworth, of Murfreesboro, Tenn., wrote to Governor Olson, contending that since she had never met anyone from North Dakota, nor had she ever even seen a North Dakota license plate, she seriously doubted that the state even existed. She asked Governor Olson - if indeed there was a Governor Olson - to offer proof.

The Governor invited Miss Hollingsworth to Bismarck, the state capital, to see for herself. She was given an official tour of the town, feted at a reception with the Governor and, as final proof, presented with a satellite picture of the state to take home. ''I think that satisfied her,'' said Mr. Kallberg.

There is one other reason North Dakotans can brush off Montana's ill humor. They have their own victims to pick on. ''Most of the jokes they tell in Montana about us, we tell here about Norwegians,'' said Mrs. Wilkins. Many North Dakotans are of Scandinavian heritage.

In fact, Mrs. Wilkins asserted in her article, some Norwegians in North Dakota were so angry about being the butt of ethnic jokes that they decided to march to Washington to protest.

''When last heard from,'' Mrs. Wilkins added, ''they were more than halfway to Seattle.''

mthoopsfan said:
Cowboys84 said:
Too funny....

Colorado state hired a new coach this year and brought in quarterbacks that he thought fit his style better...no knock on centeio...

coach bobby did the same thing his first year at litigation u. .... He brought in Dalton Sneed to compete with gresch Jensen and run his system, sneed was a better option..

Will mcelvvain lost his job to injuries that started in the spring and lingered on and got gradually worse as the season went on...mcelvvain was mvfc newcomer of the year ...his coach at uni had nothing but praise the way mcelvvain handled the situation....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://wcfcourier.com/sports/college/uni/football/uni-quarterback-will-mcelvain-enters-transfer-portal/article_266f3c5c-4ff3-54a8-94dd-07762358c626.html&ved=2ahUKEwjSrqjp5fL1AhWoKEQIHUt9C0gQFnoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3fd5DL2oaLvYNLd3Ljfurc

If Trey is the next best thing why didn't he stick it out at san Diego State...

Hey Manning I see you are back.... Not really trusting your evaluation of talent here either...

How did the basketball season go for Timmy falls at d-2 csu Bakersfield, or the gal who left the gris who were so bummed about leaving?....heard she ended up at a n.a.i.a. school...Montana Western...haha.

Cowboys84 said:
garizzalies said:

Couldn't go through the whole weekend without thinking about or posting on bobcatnation 2.0. about montanas' big brother..keep showing how much you don't care.👍👍

Seems like somebody keeps posting on Egriz trying to compensate for something? Weird. Poor little Cowgirl. Small. Small Small

Cowboys84 said:
garizzalies said:

Couldn't go through the whole weekend without thinking about or posting on bobcatnation 2.0. about montanas' big brother..keep showing how much you don't care.👍👍

How many moons currently orbit you?

Cowboys84 said:
mthoopsfan said:

Hey Manning I see you are back.... Not really trusting your evaluation of talent here either...

How did the basketball season go for Timmy falls at d-2 csu Bakersfield, or the gal who left the gris who were so bummed about leaving?....heard she ended up at a n.a.i.a. school...Montana Western...haha.

Hey, you are the guy who thinks the UNI qb who hasn’t started for a couple years, and who completes about 50% of his passes and averages 2 yards per carry, is a dual-threat qb better than Johnson, a starter on a top FBS team. Now, that’s funny. You haven’t shown the ability to evaluate any player on any team.

Feel free to quote and link anything I ever said about Falls or Momberg that was not right. I liked Falls. Wish he hadn’t given up on his academics during the pandemic and was still at UM. Mostly what I said about Momberg is that the new coach should not have cut 6 scholarship players including her, without giving at least some of them a chance. Only 1 of the players new to the program has contributed anything this year, and the others he recruited don’t even get on the court. I thought some were saying he was such a great recruiter that he had to make a lot of room for the great recruits he was going to bring in right away.

Falls is playing 6th man for Cal St - San Bernardino. His team is 17-2. In the last 4 games, Falls:

1. Played 17 minutes, scored 10 on 4-5 shooting, was 2-2 from 3, and had 5 assists, 1 TO, 3 rebounds and 1 block.

2. Played 25 minutes, scored 16 on 5-9 (2-4) shooting and had 3 steals.

3. Started and scored 6.

4. Played 16 and scored 2 in a loss. Prior to the loss, Cal St - SB was ranked 3d in D-II.

Momberg is at Western. After starting the first game and shooting well, she went home for a couple weeks due to a death in the family. She Is working her minutes back up now, but not starting. In last game, played 17, scored 9, and was 2-4 from 3. In prior game, played 14 and scored 4. Game before that: played 24, scored 10 and shot 4-6. Then played 21 and scored 3 in 1-1 shooting. Prior to that, played 14 and scored 2, and played 19 and scored 10 in 4-5 shooting.

Battle of MSU is starting to play more and better for the Cats, has been their 3d leading scorer (almost 2d) in the past month, and is the only Cat to score in double figures in each of the games in the past month. He also seems to be on the court at the end of most of the close games.

mthoopsfan said:
Cowboys84 said:

Hey, you are the guy who thinks the UNI qb who hasn’t started for a couple years, and who completes about 50% of his passes and averages 2 yards per carry, is a dual-threat qb better than Johnson, a starter on a top FBS team. Now, that’s funny. You haven’t shown the ability to evaluate any player on any team.

Feel free to quote and link anything I ever said about Falls or Momberg that was not right. I liked Falls. Wish he hadn’t given up on his academics during the pandemic and was still at UM. Mostly what I said about Momberg is that the new coach should not have cut 6 scholarship players including her, without giving at least some of them a chance. Only 1 of the players new to the program has contributed anything this year, and the others he recruited don’t even get on the court. I thought some were saying he was such a great recruiter that he had to make a lot of room for the great recruits he was going to bring in right away.

Falls is playing 6th man for Cal St - San Bernardino. His team is 17-2. In the last 4 games, Falls:

1. Played 17 minutes, scored 10 on 4-5 shooting, was 2-2 from 3, and had 5 assists, 1 TO, 3 rebounds and 1 block.

2. Played 25 minutes, scored 16 on 5-9 (2-4) shooting and had 3 steals.

3. Started and scored 6.

4. Played 16 and scored 2 in a loss. Prior to the loss, Cal St - SB was ranked 3d in D-II.

Momberg is at Western. After starting the first game and shooting well, she went home for a couple weeks due to a death in the family. She Is working her minutes back up now, but not starting. In last game, played 17, scored 9, and was 2-4 from 3. In prior game, played 14 and scored 4. Game before that: played 24, scored 10 and shot 4-6. Then played 21 and scored 3 in 1-1 shooting. Prior to that, played 14 and scored 2, and played 19 and scored 10 in 4-5 shooting.

Battle of MSU is starting to play more and better for the Cats, has been their 3d leading scorer (almost 2d) in the past month, and is the only Cat to score in double figures in each of the games in the past month. He also seems to be on the court at the end of most of the close games.
Mcelvain, must have showed some ability to run the offense at litigation u.or why would coach bobby offer him a chance to come to the u? Haha....the former quarterback at Uni had at least one other fcs offer and he took that
offer at the University of central Arkansas over the college in zootown..

As far as momberg and falls, n.a.i.a. and d-2 that says it all.

Back