• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana hb112

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
HB-112 is an embarrassment to the state of Montana :twocents: If it passes, perhaps losing the privilege of hosting playoff games is a just punishment for our collective ignorance and intolerance

Yes, I’m sure all the actual female athletes in the state feel just as you do. :roll: I guess they’re all just ignorant and intolerant too. You can support a person’s right to gender transformation AND a woman’s right to compete against ACTUAL biological females in athletic events. It doesn’t have to be all or nothing.

It’s simple. You have a Y chromosome, you don’t compete in female athletic events.

AZGrizFan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
HB-112 is an embarrassment to the state of Montana :twocents: If it passes, perhaps losing the privilege of hosting playoff games is a just punishment for our collective ignorance and intolerance

Yes, I’m sure all the actual female athletes in the state feel just as you do. :roll: I guess they’re all just ignorant and intolerant too. You can support a person’s right to gender transformation AND a woman’s right to compete against ACTUAL biological females in athletic events. It doesn’t have to be all or nothing.

It’s simple. You have a Y chromosome, you don’t compete in female athletic events.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

AZGrizFan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

It’s fairly presumptuous for you to speak on behalf of said female athletes. Am I to infer then that you have surveyed all female athletes in the state of Montana to gauge their opionon on the matter? If so I’d love to see that data. If not, who are you to speak on their behalf?

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
AZGrizFan said:

It’s fairly presumptuous for you to speak on behalf of said female athletes. Am I to infer then that you have surveyed all female athletes in the state of Montana to gauge their opionon on the matter? If so I’d love to see that data. If not, who are you to speak on their behalf?

Have you surveyed the state of Montana?

Should this person be competing against boys or girls? It's obvious, to me.

DWSEyH7U8AA_W46.jpg

ct-1519335156-ztf551pm59-snap-image

PlayerRep said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Have you surveyed the state of Montana?

Nope, so let me revise what I said. As a Montanan, I am embarrassed by the machinations of the Montana legislature, and would agree that the NCAAs punishment of its collegiate institutions is just and proportional. If they wanted to, could the NCAA ban postseason play entirely? Who knows, maybe that will be on the table in the future, and maybe that will draw even more negative national attention to the sad state of our legislature.

Post season play isn’t the end of the negative consequences. Other teams may also refuse to play at Montana, as was threatened against Idaho when it proposed similar legislation in 2020. California Assembly Bill 1887 bans state-funded travel to any state that passes a law which they deem discriminatory, so there goes our home games against the California schools. But wait, it gets better. The fed will also pull 350 million in education funding, tech companies and other businesses will refuse to do business in the state. Millions upon millions in revenue streams could potentially be lost, which is exactly what hundreds of business leaders told the state legislature, but it apparently fell on deaf ears.

On top of everything, the state may decide to put up a legal fight against any action taken by the NCAA or the feds withholding of funds, which would embroil the state in protracted and costly legal battles. Then there are the numerous suits that are sure to be brought against the state by other parties. Its all going to cost lots of money, and where will that money come from?

Copper Griz said:
HB112 is garbage. Political grandstanding that leaves wiggle room if the rubber actually meets the road. Montana = living 20 years behind everywhere else. Something to really hang our hats on. Thankfully the younger generations who aren’t afraid of things that don’t hurt them will effect change. The rest will suck their thumbs being scared to death of someone who is transgender. Really scary how they are infringing upon your rights. Pathetic imps. Mommy stop the different people from hurting me. They scare me since they don’t look like me and I can’t understand them.

Allowing males to participate in women's sports kills women's sports. Has nothing to do with being "afraid" of transgender's. My wife was on scholarship as a track athlete at the University of Colorado. If this shit was going on back in the early 90's she could have lost her scholarship to a dude.

This seems like an overreach of state law to me. In my mind this should be handled at the school/conference/NCAA level. This isn't a state government issue.

This is a great way to lose recruits and coaches....Schools like MSU and UM need the NCAA a lot more than they need us.

tourist said:
HB112 needs to be passed and signed by GGG as fast as possible, and VERY PUBLICLY. [#]f### the NCAA and the rest of the left. This is still Montana, not f###[#] california, despite the uncontrolled influx to Missoula and Gallatin Counties.

This may come as a complete shock to you, but there are plenty of homegrown, multi generational Montanans who identify as liberal...

first11 said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

:thumb:

+1

tourist said:
HB112 needs to be passed and signed by GGG as fast as possible, and VERY PUBLICLY. [#]f### the NCAA and the rest of the left. This is still Montana, not f###[#] california, despite the uncontrolled influx to Missoula and Gallatin Counties.
That’s funny you say that, cause last I checked our republican governor is not from Montana. Our republican congressmen is not from Montana. Our republican auditor is not from Montana. Several republican legislators are not from Montana. Which side has the problem here? Gee I wonder!

AZGrizFan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Agree completely.

Part of the NCAA requirement is that a transitioning male would have to take testosterone depressing drugs for one year in order to compete..... by that statement alone, they are admitting that biological males have a competitive advantage in sports over biological females.... which I think is pretty factual and quite obvious. My gut tells me if you surveyed all of the high school and college female athletes throughout the United States, you would have an overwhelming percentage who are firmly against competing against biological males.

I don't have a strong opinion on this, but I'm curious if anyone knows how many biological males are currently playing women's sports in Montana. It must be in the thousands or tens of thousands if this bill (and its known attendant consequences) is a good idea, right? Surely, MT wouldn't pass sweeping legislation that would limit its participation on a national scale just because like 10 biological males are playing Class C hoops or running XC on the women's team. It must be a really big problem.

CDAGRIZ said:
I don't have a strong opinion on this, but I'm curious if anyone knows how many biological males are currently playing women's sports in Montana. It must be in the thousands or tens of thousands if this bill (and its known attendant consequences) is a good idea, right? Surely, MT wouldn't pass sweeping legislation that would limit its participation on a national scale just because like 10 biological males are playing Class C hoops or running XC on the women's team. It must be a really big problem.

I am thinking it must be rampant, and I say rampant because it sounds so much scarier, more harsh, than just saying widespread. But thinking some more, maybe it is unbridled. Well whichever, it surely requires the time and effort of the state legislature to pass such a statement bill that includes the powerful stance that the bill is void if the Federal gov't withholds funding.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
AZGrizFan said:

Am I to infer that you surveyed the entire state of Montana to verify their "embarrassment"? If not, who are you to speak on their behalf?

HelenaHandBasket said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I am thinking it must be rampant, and I say rampant because it sounds so much scarier, more harsh, than just saying widespread. But thinking some more, maybe it is unbridled. Well whichever, it surely requires the time and effort of the state legislature to pass such a statement bill that includes the powerful stance that the bill is void if the Federal gov't withholds funding.

:lol: I remember, geez, must be close to 5-6 years ago now, when CA said kids could use whatever restrooms they identified with in public schools and play whatever gender sport they identified with. A lot of people (myself included) were like, "HUH?!" Turns out, I haven't heard of any widespread consequences. I don't have any data, but I'd guess there just aren't enough male-to-female trans people playing sports at a high level to make a noticeable dent in girls/women's sports?

That said, I understand the concerns on the other side of it, too. Everyone uses the example of a guy who can't quite make the boys BB team "faking" like he's transgendered and becoming an all-CIF power forward on the girls side. The Juwanna Man take. I haven't seen it happen, but I suppose it could.

AZGrizFan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Am I to infer that you surveyed the entire state of Montana to verify their "embarrassment"? If not, who are you to speak on their behalf?

I already responded to that. Try to keep up

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
AZGrizFan said:

I already responded to that. Try to keep up

It's dizzying, for such a non-issue.

Latest posts

Back