• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana hb112

AZGrizFan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
It’s fairly presumptuous for you to speak on behalf of said female athletes. Am I to infer then that you have surveyed all female athletes in the state of Montana to gauge their opionon on the matter? If so I’d love to see that data. If not, who are you to speak on their behalf?

Am I to infer that you surveyed the entire state of Montana to verify their "embarrassment"? If not, who are you to speak on their behalf?

But since you asked, we do at least have some data that helps to gauge Montana’s stance on the matter, in the form of civic engagement!
- “Based on the official count recorded by legislative staffers, the public comments lawmakers have received about HB 112, HB 113, and HB 427 have been overwhelmingly opposed to the proposals. 1,984 messages have asked legislators to oppose the athletics ban, while 611 have favored it. More than 2,000 calls and messages have come in against the bills restricting medical treatment for transgender and nonbinary youth, while just over 500 have asked lawmakers to support them.” Montana Free Press

So while there is at least some evidence showing most Montanans do not support these bigoted pieces of legislation, there is not to my knowledge any evidence that a majority of the Montana population supports the bills.

My concern is that a pack of hounds that are practicing chasing a bear out of season will mistake one of the bearded trans gendered athletes and chase them across the U of M campus. The campus which while almost deserted because of declining enrollment and anti-American social distancing and mask rules put in by the Missoula County Health Board, will still contain a few citizens who sense the enormity of the threat and will use their concealed carry handguns. The ensuing firefight will result in another terrible book by Jon Krakauer.

My question is: Was this the best use of Rep. Turner’s time at the MT legislature? Is TG athletics a crisis, rivaling say, the pandemic, or any other problem facing the state right now? I mean, it really comes down to one old homophobe Republican destroying Giz and (theoretically, hey, it could happen) Bobcat playoff football. When boiled down to its essence, are MTGOP anti-football? That’s not a winning platform for MT state politics.

CDAGRIZ said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
I am thinking it must be rampant, and I say rampant because it sounds so much scarier, more harsh, than just saying widespread. But thinking some more, maybe it is unbridled. Well whichever, it surely requires the time and effort of the state legislature to pass such a statement bill that includes the powerful stance that the bill is void if the Federal gov't withholds funding.

:lol: I remember, geez, must be close to 5-6 years ago now, when CA said kids could use whatever restrooms they identified with in public schools and play whatever gender sport they identified with. A lot of people (myself included) were like, "HUH?!" Turns out, I haven't heard of any widespread consequences. I don't have any data, but I'd guess there just aren't enough male-to-female trans people playing sports at a high level to make a noticeable dent in girls/women's sports?

That said, I understand the concerns on the other side of it, too. Everyone uses the example of a guy who can't quite make the boys BB team "faking" like he's transgendered and becoming an all-CIF power forward on the girls side. The Juwanna Man take. I haven't seen it happen, but I suppose it could.
There have already been examples of trans men dominating women’s sports because they’ve been on testosterone hormones for years, yet they are forced (by bills like these) to compete against women because they are “biological females”. This literally creates and worsens the single problem most supporters of this bill are trying to prevent, but you won’t hear anything about it because it shows how little the “protect women’s sports” argument is based in reality.

If nothing else good comes of these bills, at least they have further helped to identify a true burgeoning crisis; bigotry is very much alive and well, and bigoted adults are unfortunately indoctrinating their children, perpetuating the crisis. So while many had hoped that such things might begin to fade with the older, ostensibly more bigoted and racist generations, those generations are likely passing those beliefs onto their children. This is where public education can hopefully play a vital role.

Buttegrizzle said:
My question is: Was this the best use of Rep. Turner’s time at the MT legislature? Is TG athletics a crisis, rivaling say, the pandemic, or any other problem facing the state right now? I mean, it really comes down to one old homophobe Republican destroying Giz and (theoretically, hey, it could happen) Bobcat playoff football. When boiled down to its essence, are MTGOP anti-football? That’s not a winning platform for MT state politics.

This x1000000!!!!!

This is an issue that impacts almost nobody. These goofballs act like there is going to be an epidemic of men becoming transsexuals for the sole of purpose of dominating women's athletics. It's such a backwater, redneck (and plain dumb) mentality that it embarrasses me to be a Montanan when I see our legislature giving credence to such idiocy.

gotgame75 said:
Buttegrizzle said:

This x1000000!!!!!

This is an issue that impacts almost nobody. These goofballs act like there is going to be an epidemic of men becoming transsexuals for the sole of purpose of dominating women's athletics. It's such a backwater, redneck (and plain dumb) mentality that it embarrasses me to be a Montanan when I see our legislature giving credence to such idiocy.

👆these guys get it

Yukon said:
Copper Griz said:
HB112 is garbage. Political grandstanding that leaves wiggle room if the rubber actually meets the road. Montana = living 20 years behind everywhere else. Something to really hang our hats on. Thankfully the younger generations who aren’t afraid of things that don’t hurt them will effect change. The rest will suck their thumbs being scared to death of someone who is transgender. Really scary how they are infringing upon your rights. Pathetic imps. Mommy stop the different people from hurting me. They scare me since they don’t look like me and I can’t understand them.

Allowing males to participate in women's sports kills women's sports. Has nothing to do with being "afraid" of transgender's. My wife was on scholarship as a track athlete at the University of Colorado. If this shit was going on back in the early 90's she could have lost her scholarship to a dude.

This comment is so ridiculous I don't even know what to say. I am stunned over the stupidity of this mentality on many levels. Do you honestly believe that this could lead to an epidemic of transsexuals dominating women's sports? Do you believe that this is such a pending crisis impacting actual human lives that the government needs to be involved stat?

If the answer is yes, I pity your ignorance and basic lack of understanding of how human sexuality works.

To be honest, in my opinion, if you are willing to cut your anatomy off and transition to a whole different gender for the sole purpose of winning a sport, then I applaud your dedication. :lol:
But the fact that there are people like you out there that are ignorant enough to believe that this is really happening is more of an indictment of our society than any of this made-up Puritanical furor over this supposed tranny-takeover of women's athletics. What a joke.

gotgame75 said:
Buttegrizzle said:

This x1000000!!!!!

Well, someone has to defend women's rights, as the supposed party of women's rights sure as fuck ain't doing it. :thumb: :thumb:

AZGrizFan said:
gotgame75 said:
This x1000000!!!!!

Well, someone has to defend women's rights, as the supposed party of women's rights sure as [#]f### ain't doing it. :thumb: :thumb:

Again, where is your evidence that this was an issue for women, and where is your evidence that this represents the values and wishes of most Montanans. I showed you the only tangible evidence I could find, where is yours?

SaskGriz said:
My concern is that a pack of hounds that are practicing chasing a bear out of season will mistake one of the bearded trans gendered athletes and chase them across the U of M campus. The campus which while almost deserted because of declining enrollment and anti-American social distancing and mask rules put in by the Missoula County Health Board, will still contain a few citizens who sense the enormity of the threat and will use their concealed carry handguns. The ensuing firefight will result in another terrible book by Jon Krakauer.

Solid work here, Sask.

AZGrizFan said:
gotgame75 said:
This x1000000!!!!!

Well, someone has to defend women's rights, as the supposed party of women's rights sure as [#]f### ain't doing it. :thumb: :thumb:

The simple fact that you consider this a "women's rights" issue only highlights that you have absolutely no knowledge or understanding of either issue.

Kinda seems like two options here:

1. Allow a very small % of people compete in the gender of sport they identify with, enable the Griz/Cats to host CFB playoff games and games against the CA schools, and not look ridiculous;

OR

2. Force that very small % of people compete with their biological gender, obliterate the Griz/Cats ability to host those games, and look ridiculous.

Am I missing anything?

gotgame75 said:
Yukon said:
Allowing males to participate in women's sports kills women's sports. Has nothing to do with being "afraid" of transgender's. My wife was on scholarship as a track athlete at the University of Colorado. If this shit was going on back in the early 90's she could have lost her scholarship to a dude.

This comment is so ridiculous I don't even know what to say. I am stunned over the stupidity of this mentality on many levels. Do you honestly believe that this could lead to an epidemic of transsexuals dominating women's sports? Do you believe that this is such a pending crisis impacting actual human lives that the government needs to be involved stat?

If the answer is yes, I pity your ignorance and basic lack of understanding of how human sexuality works.

To be honest, in my opinion, if you are willing to cut your anatomy off and transition to a whole different gender for the sole purpose of winning a sport, then I applaud your dedication. :lol:
But the fact that there are people like you out there that are ignorant enough to believe that this is really happening is more of an indictment of our society than any of this made-up Puritanical furor over this supposed tranny-takeover of women's athletics. What a joke.

1. Won't be epidemic, but it's already happening and costing real females position in sports. (yes, I said real females)
2. Wasn't really talking about the government, just pointing out that this should not be happening.

I can tell you are a crusader for trans people. I don't really care.

Can someone explain what the "discrimination" is in these bills? I don't know or follow this issue or the bills?

"When determining where championships are held, NCAA policy directs that only locations where hosts can commit to providing an environment that is safe, healthy and free of discrimination should be selected."

What are the Olympic rules in this area?

Thx.

PlayerRep said:
Can someone explain what the "discrimination" is in these bills? I don't know or follow this issue or the bills?

"When determining where championships are held, NCAA policy directs that only locations where hosts can commit to providing an environment that is safe, healthy and free of discrimination should be selected."

Thx.

The NCAA has set their standard. One year of testosterone suppression medications and the athlete is eligible to compete. This bill bans those athletes from participation, violating the standards set by the NCAA. It seems pretty cut and dry.

PlayerRep said:

Thx.

Allowed since 2004. Surgery is longer required.

Anyone catch all those trans people winning all those medals??

PlayerRep said:

Thx.

according to the media, there is not one single place on earth that is "free of discrimination".

PlayerRep said:

Thx.

PR, I think that's where some people get hung up. Maybe the bills aren't discriminatory. Maybe they are. For me, that's not the practical issue here. With all things NCAA, I can't predict how logical/illogical it will be in making decisions. If the NCAA says the bills are discriminatory (which seems like a good possibility), it doesn't really matter if they are, at least in the short term. I can't pretend to be an advocate for anyone or anything besides Griz home playoff games, so that's pretty much the reason I don't think bills like this are worth it. I know that can likely seem insensitive, but that's as far as my understanding of the issue goes.

EverettGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Thx.

Allowed since 2004. Surgery is longer required.

Anyone catch all those trans people winning all those medals??

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/latest-news/rachel-mckinnon-becomes-first-transgender-woman-win-track-world-title-397473

iu

Back