• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MSU's Indoor Practice Facility

mthoopsfan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
I’m looking forward to 2024. Like I said, the Bison have a great team coming back. I see them opening up as #1 given what they have returning compared to other teams. I think they have a fantastic shot at winning a national championship.

Yup, you are like the Cats. Pre-season national champs.

From what you said, NDSU has some players returning from a team that lost a bunch of games, was unseeded, and didn't go far in the playoffs. When you return fewer good players, and don't bring in many more good players, your teams goes backwards not forwards. NDSU had a great and incredible run, but that appears to be over. UM had a good team, played very well after an early loss, and got to the national champ game. Wait till UM has a great team.

I see it more like 2010 when the Bison gelled late lost in OT to the eventual national champs in EWU.

I’ve watched many good teams at UM. I’ve watched Big Game Bobby take them to the championship and repeatedly lose.

I doubt many of you would remember him, but Dizzy Dean, baseballs predecessor to football broadcaster John Madden, once said, "It aIn't bragging if you can do it." NDSU has done it. Nine NCs in how many years? They have MY respect. :thumb:

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
So, we have a Bizon fan on this thread pleading his case that the Bizon were better than the Griz even though the Griz beat the Bizon. Isn’t that about like bragging that you’re very smart but you’re just a bad test taker? If the Bizon were the better team, the Bizon would’ve been the better team. They weren’t, so they weren’t.

Do you think the Giants were really better than the Patriots in 2007 or just better one game? Sometimes a team catches lightning in the bottle. I mean the Griz had..

A.) a game at home
B.) a game against an NDSU team dealing with the Entz distraction
C.) a game when they literally didn’t have a penalty called against them until the 4th quarter was completed
D.) a game against an NDSU team who has played and beat two top 10 teams on the road in two consecutive weeks

Like I said it doesn’t matter. It is win or go home. The regular season makes the bed you lie in regarding seeding etc.

I’m nearly responding to the “now that the Griz are better” comment. Look , it is what it is. Since 2010, that was the best Griz team by far. And since 2010 that was the worst Bison team by far. Unseeded with multiple losses. At home, it took 2 OT’s to beat them.

The Griz proved they have a long long long ways to go when they lit up the scoreboard with 3 points in the national championship.

Not reading all of that. UNDSU should've won in an elimination game if they were the better team.

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Do you think the Giants were really better than the Patriots in 2007 or just better one game? Sometimes a team catches lightning in the bottle. I mean the Griz had..

A.) a game at home
B.) a game against an NDSU team dealing with the Entz distraction
C.) a game when they literally didn’t have a penalty called against them until the 4th quarter was completed
D.) a game against an NDSU team who has played and beat two top 10 teams on the road in two consecutive weeks

Like I said it doesn’t matter. It is win or go home. The regular season makes the bed you lie in regarding seeding etc.

I’m nearly responding to the “now that the Griz are better” comment. Look , it is what it is. Since 2010, that was the best Griz team by far. And since 2010 that was the worst Bison team by far. Unseeded with multiple losses. At home, it took 2 OT’s to beat them.

The Griz proved they have a long long long ways to go when they lit up the scoreboard with 3 points in the national championship.

Not reading all of that. UNDSU should've won in an elimination game if they were the better team.

End of the day…both teams finished the season disappointed.

Will see how 2024 plays out.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I wasn't disappointed at all. UM had a great season. Huge fun. SDSU was a great team.

mthoopsfan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

I wasn't disappointed at all. UM had a great season. Huge fun. SDSU was a great team.

If I watched NDSU go 21 years without winning a national championship, and watch not one, not two, not three but four losses in the national championship game, I’d be disappointed.

2011BisonAlumni said:
mthoopsfan said:
Again, UM let it be close. Should have been 17 point win. The Griz would win 10 of 10.

I don’t agree. NDSU shot themselves in the foot on several drives. If you look at the stats on the game, it was essentially dead even. Yards, first downs, TOP etc.

It proved to be what it is. The Griz won in 2 OT’s.

I’m only responding to the claim that the Griz are “now better” than NDSU. They won one game, and proceeded to get smacked in the championship game.

They have a ways to go to be on a level that can actually realistically compete for a national championship.

"The Bison were flagged nine times for 60 yards, which included a staggering six false start penalties.”

So, only 3 other penalties, for 3 30 yards. Griz had 2 penalties for 30 yards. The late PI call against UM, which kept a Bison drive alive and resulted in a TD, was a bad call. The late hit out of bounds was questionable too, as UM’s safety had big momentum.

"One of NDSU's false-start penalties was fortunate because it nullified a blocked punt by the Grizzlies' Isiah Childs.”

Your “great” qb was 9-22.

The leading rushers in the game had about 50 yards.

UM had 6 3d down conversions; Bison had 3. Griz had 75 return yards; Bison had 18. Griz missed 3 FG’s; Bison missed 2.

2011BisonAlumni said:
mthoopsfan said:

If I watched NDSU go 21 years without winning a national championship, and watch not one, not two, not three but four losses in the national championship game, I’d be disappointed.

You are a bad fan. I am a good one.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I don't disagree entirely. Both teams had good seasons, though. One team just finished its season earlier with more losses.

mthoopsfan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
I don’t agree. NDSU shot themselves in the foot on several drives. If you look at the stats on the game, it was essentially dead even. Yards, first downs, TOP etc.

It proved to be what it is. The Griz won in 2 OT’s.

I’m only responding to the claim that the Griz are “now better” than NDSU. They won one game, and proceeded to get smacked in the championship game.

They have a ways to go to be on a level that can actually realistically compete for a national championship.

"The Bison were flagged nine times for 60 yards, which included a staggering six false start penalties.”

So, only 3 other penalties, for 3 30 yards. Griz had 2 penalties for 30 yards. The late PI call against UM, which kept a Bison drive alive and resulted in a TD, was a bad call. The late hit out of bounds was questionable too, as UM’s safety had big momentum.

"One of NDSU's false-start penalties was fortunate because it nullified a blocked punt by the Grizzlies' Isiah Childs.”

Your “great” qb was 9-22.

The leading rushers in the game had about 50 yards.

UM had 6 3d down conversions; Bison had 3. Griz had 75 return yards; Bison had 18. Griz missed 3 FG’s; Bison missed 2.

Look only the ending score matters…but the stats were similar. Bison had more yards, one less first down and 3 minutes less TOP. It was a very even game.

I never once complained about the Bison having penalties. Those were warranted calls.

I’m saying it is hard to believe the Griz were not called for one until 3:33 left in the game. There were plenty there, including a play at the end of the first half when the Griz both 1.) had 12 guys on the field and 2.) jumped offsides. NDSU kicked a field goal on the drive .

The difference was the home field. Plain and simple. Given the fact that it went two OT’s and that the stats were even, that is why I’m saying I don’t think the Griz win that game on a neutral field. I definitely don’t think they do if they went on the road, in back to back weeks to Montana State and USD and then come to the Fargodome.

The difference maker was the fans and the home field. I’m not complaining about it all. The Griz deserved it with the season they had.

I like how 2011 is complaining about officiating and penalties. The Bison had 6 motion penalties. Does he expect the officials not to call motion penalties. Otherwise, the Bison had 3 penalties for 30 years; UM had 2 penalties for 30 yards. Both were late in the game. One was a bad call, and the other was questionable. The penalties gave the Bison a TD they didn't deserve.

He thinks the Bison will be great next year, citing some good players who are returning, but not citing any new players from the Portal or transfers. UM has some good returning players too, including everyone on the offense (2-deep) except 2 o-lineman (Mayginnes didn't play much). UM also added a transfer running back and transfer o-lineman. I didn't mention McDowell, as I think the QB room will be stronger next season. The D is always strong and picked up some transfers. I assume there are multiple good younger players in the wings too.

mthoopsfan said:
I like how 2011 is complaining about officiating and penalties. The Bison had 6 motion penalties. Does he expect the officials not to call motion penalties. Otherwise, the Bison had 3 penalties for 30 years; UM had 2 penalties for 30 yards. Both were late in the game. One was a bad call, and the other was questionable. The penalties gave the Bison a TD they didn't deserve.

He thinks the Bison will be great next year, citing some good players who are returning, but not citing any new players from the Portal or transfers. UM has some good returning players too, including everyone on the offense (2-deep) except 2 o-lineman (Mayginnes didn't play much). UM also added a transfer running back and transfer o-lineman. I didn't mention McDowell, as I think the QB room will be stronger next season. The D is always strong and picked up some transfers. I assume there are multiple good younger players in the wings too.

Have I one time complained about a single penalty called against NDSU?

I’m saying it is very important to at least acknowledge the fact that the Griz didn’t have one penalty until 3:33 left in the game….and you can’t say it was 100% because of clean play.

That , along with the home crowd, was the difference in that game. The Griz do not beat that NDSU team on a neutral field in Frisco.

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

I don't disagree entirely. Both teams had good seasons, though. One team just finished its season earlier with more losses.

And one of those teams was honestly, objectively and indisputably better than the other.

Hint: it is not the one which lost more games, lost a round earlier in the playoffs, should have lost in the second round of the playoffs, and which lost head to head to the other team.

2011BisonAlumni said:
mthoopsfan said:

I’m saying it is very important to at least acknowledge the fact that the Griz didn’t have one penalty until 3:33 left in the game….and you can’t say it was 100% because of clean play.

That , along with the home crowd, was the difference in that game. The Griz do not beat that NDSU team on a neutral field in Frisco.

You complained about penalties in the game. You failed to mention that your team had 6 motion penalties. I wouldn't be mentioning and complaining about penalties if my team had 6 motion penalties. Yes, I can say it was be cause of clean play, and I can also say the 2 called were bad calls. The difference was that the Griz were the better team and played better and the home crowd was a big help. The Griz would have beaten the Bison on any neutral field, including in any parking lot or playground. The Bison weren't very good last season. Just admit it.

2011BisonAlumni said:
mthoopsfan said:

Guess we'll never know because one of the two teams wasn't good enough to make it to Frisco.

mthoopsfan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

You complained about penalties in the game. You failed to mention that your team had 6 motion penalties. I wouldn't be mentioning and complaining about penalties if my team had 6 motion penalties. Yes, I can say it was be cause of clean play, and I can also say the 2 called were bad calls. The difference was that the Griz were the better team and played better and the home crowd was a big help. The Griz would have beaten the Bison on any neutral field, including in any parking lot or playground. The Bison weren't very good last season. Just admit it.

I’ll agree to disagree. The home field was the difference maker. The Griz needed that to win in 2 OT.

They don’t win that game on a neutral field.

It is all the irrelevant though. Quite frankly, I’d rather watch NDSU lose that game than watch NDSU put up 3 points in the national championship game.

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Guess we'll never know because one of the two teams wasn't good enough to make it to Frisco.

They didn’t make it. That isn’t to say they weren’t good enough to.

The Griz were good enough to win a national championship in 2009. They just didn’t win it.

2011BisonAlumni said:
mthoopsfan said:

I’ll agree to disagree. The home field was the difference maker. The Griz needed that to win in 2 OT.

It is all the irrelevant though. Quite frankly, I’d rather watch NDSU lose that game than watch NDSU put up 3 points in the national championship game.
The Griz would have beaten NDSU at a neutral site because they were the better team, as evidenced by the fact that they won.

"The team that lost was actually better" is some loser-ass shit, if I've ever heard it, but not surprising coming from you.

2011BisonAlumni said:
mthoopsfan said:

So, maybe stop posting about how bitter you are about it and thank the Griz for beating the Bizons? Just a thought.

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

So, maybe stop posting about how bitter you are about it and thank the Griz for beating the Bizons? Just a thought.

I’m not bitter.
Given what they lost to the NFL and to the transfer portal, I think NDSU hit close to their max . I don’t think they could have beat SDSU.

My original response was the comment “now that the Griz are better than NDSU”…..I was merely trying to say that one 2OT win, at home doesn’t mean that the program is now “better”.

They were the better in one game, at home, which was played in December of 2023.

Again. It took a 1 loss Griz team 2OT’s to beat a 3 loss unseeded NDSU team, coming off two weeks of playoff games on the road against the #6 and #3 seed teams.

Back