• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MSU's Indoor Practice Facility

mthoopsfan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
In several of those years, it wouldn’t have mattered where the game was played.

NDSU never played a 2 OT game against an opponent at home.

The difference in this year’s game between UM and NDSU was the home field. No….I do not think the Griz beat that NDSU team on a neutral field.

Again…I’m not complaining about it. I just am just responding to the claim that the better team won. I really don’t think that was the case.

Again, UM let it be close. Should have been 17 point win. The Griz would win 10 of 10.

I don’t agree. NDSU shot themselves in the foot on several drives. If you look at the stats on the game, it was essentially dead even. Yards, first downs, TOP etc.

It proved to be what it is. The Griz won in 2 OT’s.

I’m only responding to the claim that the Griz are “now better” than NDSU. They won one game, and proceeded to get smacked in the championship game.

They have a ways to go to be on a level that can actually realistically compete for a national championship.

2011BisonAlumni said:
garizzalies said:
Bwahahaha.
First you complained about field conditions and now you are complaining about the refs!!!
Are you sure you are not a bubcat?

I didn’t complain about field conditions.

Yes, the officiating played a part. I watched the game with several Griz fans and it was stated by them, not just me.

I’m not saying that was the sole factor in the Bison losing. It was a factor though.
Oh ok, so you’re actually complaining about the conditions just off of the field and around it?
That sounds even dumber.

So, we have a Bizon fan on this thread pleading his case that the Bizon were better than the Griz even though the Griz beat the Bizon. Isn’t that about like bragging that you’re very smart but you’re just a bad test taker? If the Bizon were the better team, the Bizon would’ve been the better team. They weren’t, so they weren’t.

2011BisonAlumni said:
EverettGriz said:
Oh I see. So what you're saying is that the fatties of undsu have zero national championships because they played all their playoff games at home.

Yeah, sounds about right actually.

In several of those years, it wouldn’t have mattered where the game was played.

NDSU never played a 2 OT game against an opponent at home.

The difference in this year’s game between UM and NDSU was the home field. No….I do not think the Griz beat that NDSU team on a neutral field.

Again…I’m not complaining about it. I just am just responding to the claim that the better team won. I really don’t think that was the case.

Yes, you are! You are not only complaining intensely, you are whining excuses intensely. You should settle down and move on to 2024. Like the bubcats, you can claim the preseason championship.

alabamagrizzly said:
Livininthebush said:
Here you go, and you're welcome... :thumb:
Big article on u.of montana rodeo team.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.umt.edu/rodeo/meet-the-team.php&ved=2ahUKEwjcwoGBrJOEAxU8ITQIHcm9BDAQFnoECEMQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1WLIXmSYhbkELKGo4f4yCl

Again, thank you for proving your deep interest in ALL things Montana. You sure you’re not a closet massachist Griz fan? It must be really emotionally conflicting to post like you hate the Griz but be secretly in love with us.

Nope, just a realist when it comes to teams I pay attention to.

Just because some over here have the name griz, or grizzlies etc in their screen name doesn't necessarily make you or them a "better fan". Than some over here

I like them but I don't "love" or "hate" the griz, not that invested.

BTW I just pointed out to you that the u.of Montana DOES indeed have a rodeo team thats all ...RELAX.... :)

CDAGRIZ said:
So, we have a Bizon fan on this thread pleading his case that the Bizon were better than the Griz even though the Griz beat the Bizon. Isn’t that about like bragging that you’re very smart but you’re just a bad test taker? If the Bizon were the better team, the Bizon would’ve been the better team. They weren’t, so they weren’t.

Let's not forget the bezzzzzin damn near lost to the bubs, who it most certainly could be said "shot themselves in the foot", so I'm guessing he would agree the bubs were the best team. Oh, and as a kindly reminder, the GRIZ beat those same bubs like 10,004 to 7.

Livininthebush said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Again, thank you for proving your deep interest in ALL things Montana. You sure you’re not a closet massachist Griz fan? It must be really emotionally conflicting to post like you hate the Griz but be secretly in love with us.

Just because some over here have the name griz, or grizzlies etc in their screen name doesn't necessarily make you or them a "better fan". Than some over here

BTW I just pointed out to you that the u.of Montana DOES indeed have a rodeo team thats all ...RELAX.... :)

145 posts in two months would indicate you more than “like or hate” the Grizzlies.

2011BisonAlumni said:
garizzalies said:
Bwahahaha.
First you complained about field conditions and now you are complaining about the refs!!!
Are you sure you are not a bubcat?

I didn’t complain about field conditions.

Yes, the officiating played a part. I watched the game with several Griz fans and it was stated by them, not just me.

I’m not saying that was the sole factor in the Bison losing. It was a factor though.

Yes, you are correct. Refs didn’t call the many holding and PI calls on Bison.

2011BisonAlumni said:
mthoopsfan said:
Again, UM let it be close. Should have been 17 point win. The Griz would win 10 of 10.

I don’t agree. NDSU shot themselves in the foot on several drives. If you look at the stats on the game, it was essentially dead even. Yards, first downs, TOP etc.

I’m only responding to the claim that the Griz are “now better” than NDSU. They won one game, and proceeded to get smacked in the championship game.

They have a ways to go to be on a level that can actually realistically compete for a national championship.

You must not have even watched the game. You are being a crybaby. You had a down season. You won’t be any better next season.

Copper Griz said:
Livininthebush said:

145 posts in two months would indicate you more than “like or hate” the Grizzlies.

Look closer, I did say I LIKED them...it's not that difficult !!.

Livininthebush said:
Copper Griz said:

Look closer, I did say I LIKED them...it's not that difficult !!.

Calm down there big dog. We’re just having fun at your expense. No need to get hostile with all the exclamation points.😂

mthoopsfan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

You must not have even watched the game. You are being a crybaby. You had a down season. You won’t be any better next season.

What you mean “you had a down season “? Or “you won’t be better next season “?

I don’t play football for the NDSU Bison.

CDAGRIZ said:

Do you think the Giants were really better than the Patriots in 2007 or just better one game? Sometimes a team catches lightning in the bottle. I mean the Griz had..

A.) a game at home
B.) a game against an NDSU team dealing with the Entz distraction
C.) a game when they literally didn’t have a penalty called against them until the 4th quarter was completed
D.) a game against an NDSU team who has played and beat two top 10 teams on the road in two consecutive weeks

Like I said it doesn’t matter. It is win or go home. The regular season makes the bed you lie in regarding seeding etc.

I’m nearly responding to the “now that the Griz are better” comment. Look , it is what it is. Since 2010, that was the best Griz team by far. And since 2010 that was the worst Bison team by far. Unseeded with multiple losses. At home, it took 2 OT’s to beat them.

The Griz proved they have a long long long ways to go when they lit up the scoreboard with 3 points in the national championship.

Montanabob said:
soooooo.
will the turf be blue and gold, or green?

I swear to God, if they go the Boise State smurf turf or the EWU bloody kotex route, I will personally go to bozo and burn it down! Is nothing sacred anymore?

https://youtu.be/02nIKodm_3I

2011BisonAlumni said:
mthoopsfan said:

You act like you do. I am sorry that you were apparently unable to understand what I was saying to you. Must be a ND thing. Now I understand where ND jokes came from.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Do you think the Giants were really better than the Patriots in 2007 or just better one game? Sometimes a team catches lightning in the bottle. I mean the Griz had..

A.) a game at home
C.) a game when they literally didn’t have a penalty called against them until the 4th quarter was completed
D.) a game against an NDSU team who has played and beat two top 10 teams on the road in two consecutive weeks

Like I said it doesn’t matter. It is win or go home. The regular season makes the bed you lie in regarding seeding etc.

I’m nearly responding to the “now that the Griz are better” comment. Look , it is what it is. Since 2010, that was the best Griz team by far. And since 2010 that was the worst Bison team by far. Unseeded with multiple losses. At home, it took 2 OT’s to beat them.

The Griz proved they have a long long long ways to go when they lit up the scoreboard with 3 points in the national championship.

And your 2d to last para states what the current status is, and will likely be in future. Feel free to keep living in the past.

mthoopsfan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

You act like you do. I am sorry that you were apparently unable to understand what I was saying to you. Must be a ND thing. Now I understand where ND jokes came from.

Clearly I do.

I just think it is weird when people say, “we”, “us”, “you guys” etc when talking about any team they personally aren’t involved with.

mthoopsfan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

A.) a game at home

And your 2d to last para states what the current status is, and will likely be in future. Feel free to keep living in the past.

I’m looking forward to 2024. Like I said, the Bison have a great team coming back. I see them opening up as #1 given what they have returning compared to other teams. I think they have a fantastic shot at winning a national championship.

2011BisonAlumni said:
mthoopsfan said:

I’m looking forward to 2024. Like I said, the Bison have a great team coming back. I see them opening up as #1 given what they have returning compared to other teams. I think they have a fantastic shot at winning a national championship.

Yup, you are like the Cats. Pre-season national champs.

From what you said, NDSU has some players returning from a team that lost a bunch of games, was unseeded, and didn't go far in the playoffs. When you return fewer good players, and don't bring in many more good players, your teams goes backwards not forwards. NDSU had a great and incredible run, but that appears to be over. UM had a good team, played very well after an early loss, and got to the national champ game. Wait till UM has a great team.

Back