• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MSU's Indoor Practice Facility

ABQCat said:
The Mainline Trophy will be in Bozeman for nearly the whole year.

I honestly never heard of it before. To hear about it out of context, I would have assumed it is was for excellence in IV drug self administration. Inclusiveness gone bonkers. But, hey, do what you do do best.

3-7-77 said:
ABQCat said:

I honestly never heard of it before. To hear about it out of context, I would have assumed it is was for excellence in IV drug self administration. Inclusiveness gone bonkers. But, hey, do what you do do best.

Yeah, the first thing I thought of was the tale of Bruce Berry in the Neil Young song “Tonight’s The Night” — doesn’t bring to mind anything remotely positive.

goatcreekgriz said:
3-7-77 said:

Yeah, the first thing I thought of was the tale of Bruce Berry in the Neil Young song “Tonight’s The Night” — doesn’t bring to mind anything remotely positive.

Listen, if UM doesn’t win the Mainline trophy that I first learned about yesterday, I will be forced to withdraw all support for the University. But, we have to win it in the right way. No cradling; I want legitimate sets.

grizaremoregooder said:
GrizWin99 said:
Maybe I am a bad alum, but the only sports I actually care about in this rivalry are FB and BB. With the other sports, I am glad kids can get an education while doing what they love.
Amen, could care less about track or tennis. UM's facilities are head and shoulders above MSU in those two sports.

If you could care less, how do you know the facilities are head and shoulder are above msu in those sports?... :?:

3-7-77 said:
ABQCat said:

So much a Montana thing to have/do... :shock:

garizzalies said:
:clap: :clap: bubz back to talking trash about women’s golf.
All is right in the world

It’s only a matter of time before they start crowing about the rodeo team. Because who DOESN’T follow college rodeo these days?

BozAngelesGriz said:
garizzalies said:
:clap: :clap: bubz back to talking trash about women’s golf.
All is right in the world

It’s only a matter of time before they start crowing about the rodeo team. Because who DOESN’T follow college rodeo these days?

Not the NCAA, NAIA, or NJCAA. Rodeo is under the National Intercollegiate Rodeo Association meaning that only a couple of rodeo people actually care enough to monitor rodeo. Here’s a who’s who of the top 25 men’s rodeo teams. Not exactly a who’s who of big name colleges.

1. Missouri Valley College
2. Montana State
3. Montana Western
4. College of Southern Idaho
5. Black Hills State University
6. Iowa Central Community College
7. Tarleton State University
8. Mid-Plains Community College
9. New Mexico State
10. Gillette College
11. McNeese State
12. Casper College
13. Fort Scott Community College
14. Sam Houston State
15. South Dakota State
16. Treasure Valley Community College
17. Northwest Mississippi Community College
17. Weber State
19. University of West Alabama
20. Central Arizona College
21. University of Wyoming
22. Idaho State
23. Cal Poly
24. Utah Valley University
25. Three Rivers College

Oh, and the vaunted women’s team that was made such a big deal of at Gameday, not even the best women’s team in the state. MSU-Northern is ranked #2 while the female scats come in at #5.

alabamagrizzly said:
BozAngelesGriz said:

Not the NCAA, NAIA, or NJCAA. Rodeo is under the National Intercollegiate Rodeo Association meaning that only a couple of rodeo people actually care enough to monitor rodeo. Here’s a who’s who of the top 25 men’s rodeo teams. Not exactly a who’s who of big name colleges.

2. Montana State
3. Montana Western
9. New Mexico State
10. Gillette College
11. McNeese State
12. Casper College
14. Sam Houston State
15. South Dakota State
17. Weber State
22. Idaho State
23. Cal Poly
25. Three Rivers College

Oh, and the vaunted women’s team that was made such a big deal of at Gameday, not even the best women’s team in the state. MSU-Northern is ranked #2 while the female scats come in at #5.

And no mention of u.of montana rodeo team. Why is that?

Livininthebush said:
alabamagrizzly said:

2. Montana State
3. Montana Western
9. New Mexico State
10. Gillette College
11. McNeese State
12. Casper College
14. Sam Houston State
15. South Dakota State
17. Weber State
22. Idaho State
23. Cal Poly
25. Three Rivers College

Well off the top of my head I’d say nobody has cared enough about rodeo at Montana to start a team. Unless you count Western which is affiliated with Montana but I’m not. Again, why do you care about Montana so much? Griz envy run that deep?

alabamagrizzly said:
Livininthebush said:

Well off the top of my head I’d say nobody has cared enough about rodeo at Montana to start a team. Unless you count Western which is affiliated with Montana but I’m not. Again, why do you care about Montana so much? Griz envy run that deep?

Here you go, and you're welcome... :thumb:
Big article on u.of montana rodeo team.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.umt.edu/rodeo/meet-the-team.php&ved=2ahUKEwjcwoGBrJOEAxU8ITQIHcm9BDAQFnoECEMQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1WLIXmSYhbkELKGo4f4yCl

Livininthebush said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Here you go, and you're welcome... :thumb:
Big article on u.of montana rodeo team.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.umt.edu/rodeo/meet-the-team.php&ved=2ahUKEwjcwoGBrJOEAxU8ITQIHcm9BDAQFnoECEMQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1WLIXmSYhbkELKGo4f4yCl

Again, thank you for proving your deep interest in ALL things Montana. You sure you’re not a closet massachist Griz fan? It must be really emotionally conflicting to post like you hate the Griz but be secretly in love with us.

alabamagrizzly said:
BozAngelesGriz said:

2. Montana State
3. Montana Western
9. New Mexico State
10. Gillette College
11. McNeese State
12. Casper College
14. Sam Houston State
15. South Dakota State
17. Weber State
22. Idaho State
23. Cal Poly
25. Three Rivers College

Look out for Iowa Central Community College. They could be a sleeper pick in the Hoedown with their bronco bustin’ squad. Fort Scott Community College also has a shot at the steer rasslin’ title. Don’t waste your time on Northwest Mississippi Community College or Three Rivers College; I’m told most of their athletes have never even milked a bull.

mthoopsfan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
I mean do you really believe that? I’m guessing NDSU opens #1 this next season with what they have coming back.

Again….a double OT win at home didn’t tell me much. If that game is played on a neutral field , I’d take NDSU last year 9 times outta 10.

UM won….not taking that away from them….but I don’t think the better team really won.

If UM had taken advantage of several missed opportunities, UM would have won by 2.5 TD's. NDSU was fortunate to beat the (lowly) Cats. UM crushed the CatesWhat NDSU have coming back? They were good, but not great against UM. They were not great during the season. I assume SDSU will be pre-season no. 1. Are you going to be some Cat posters and declare NDSU as pre-season national champions. Do you realize that the Bison lost 4 games, including 3 in the conference?

Will agree to disagree . I don’t think UM wins that game on a neutral field, which is why I said the better team didn’t win. Quite honestly , I don’t know if UM wins that game again in WG…..But…they earned the home field advantage for sure. It played a huge part. 56 minutes and 27 seconds of football played in that game before UM was called for a penalty.

Next year? Here are few…
QB Cam Miller (MVFC 2nd team)
QB Cole Payton (leading rusher)
SS Cole Wisniewski (all American 1st team)
WR Eli Green (leading receiver ..not sure how we wasn’t all MVFC- had 98 yards and a TD against Montana)
WR Raja Nelson (honorable mention all MVFC)
DE Dylan Hendricks (MVFC 1st team who was out against UM)
DT Eli and Will Mostaert (Eli was MVFC 2nd team, Will was hurt last year)
OL Grey Zabel (turned down $250k NIL offer from K State. If he doesn’t get hurt, he’s heading to NFL)
FB Hunter Brozio (MVFC 1st team)
K Griffin Crosa (most accurate K in NDSU history)

There is a lot coming back ….far more than SDSU. More than Montana.

If they stay healthy, they will be the team to beat next year.

2011BisonAlumni said:
mthoopsfan said:
If UM had taken advantage of several missed opportunities, UM would have won by 2.5 TD's. NDSU was fortunate to beat the (lowly) Cats. UM crushed the CatesWhat NDSU have coming back? They were good, but not great against UM. They were not great during the season. I assume SDSU will be pre-season no. 1. Are you going to be some Cat posters and declare NDSU as pre-season national champions. Do you realize that the Bison lost 4 games, including 3 in the conference?

Will agree to disagree . I don’t think UM wins that game on a neutral field, which is why I said the better team didn’t win. Quite honestly , I don’t know if UM wins that game again in WG…..But…they earned the home field advantage for sure. It played a huge part. 56 minutes and 27 seconds of football played in that game before UM was called for a penalty.

Next year? Here are few…
WR Eli Green (leading receiver ..not sure how we wasn’t all MVFC- had 98 yards and a TD against Montana)
OL Grey Zabel (turned down $250k NIL offer from K State. If he doesn’t get hurt, he’s heading to NFL)

That list is pretty weak. Another multiple loss season for Bison.

2011BisonAlumni said:
mthoopsfan said:

Next year? Here are few…

Oh I see. So what you're saying is that the fatties of undsu have zero national championships because they played all their playoff games at home.

Yeah, sounds about right actually.

EverettGriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Next year? Here are few…

Oh I see. So what you're saying is that the fatties of undsu have zero national championships because they played all their playoff games at home.

In several of those years, it wouldn’t have mattered where the game was played.

NDSU never played a 2 OT game against an opponent at home.

The difference in this year’s game between UM and NDSU was the home field. No….I do not think the Griz beat that NDSU team on a neutral field.

Again…I’m not complaining about it. I just am just responding to the claim that the better team won. I really don’t think that was the case.

2011BisonAlumni said:
EverettGriz said:

In several of those years, it wouldn’t have mattered where the game was played.

NDSU never played a 2 OT game against an opponent at home.

The difference in this year’s game between UM and NDSU was the home field. No….I do not think the Griz beat that NDSU team on a neutral field.

Again…I’m not complaining about it. I just am just responding to the claim that the better team won. I really don’t think that was the case.

Again, UM let it be close. Should have been 17 point win. The Griz would win 10 of 10.

2011BisonAlumni said:
56 minutes and 27 seconds of football played in that game before UM was called for a penalty.
Bwahahaha.
First you complained about field conditions and now you are complaining about the refs!!!
Are you sure you are not a bubcat?

garizzalies said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
56 minutes and 27 seconds of football played in that game before UM was called for a penalty.
Bwahahaha.
First you complained about field conditions and now you are complaining about the refs!!!
Are you sure you are not a bubcat?

I didn’t complain about field conditions.

Yes, the officiating played a part. I watched the game with several Griz fans and it was stated by them, not just me.

I’m not saying that was the sole factor in the Bison losing. It was a factor though.

Back