• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MSU's Indoor Practice Facility

EverettGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I don't disagree entirely. Both teams had good seasons, though. One team just finished its season earlier with more losses.

And one of those teams was honestly, objectively and indisputably better than the other.

Hint: it is not the one which lost more games, lost a round earlier in the playoffs, should have lost in the second round of the playoffs, and which lost head to head to the other team.

Agree.

That was the point in what I was trying to make. I don’t think Montana’s performance at home proved they were indisputably a better team. Had they done that, they wouldn’t have been out gained in total yards and let the game go to 2 OT’s.

I don’t think NDSU was a better “team” than JMU in 2021 when they beat them in the playoffs. They won that game because it was at home. I don’t think they win in Virginia. If played on a neutral field it is a coin flip.

You can be a fan, acknowledge and celebrate a win, and also call it for what it is.

Also….if you look at the scoreboard, look at the stats, and don’t think the home field was the difference, then you really aren’t giving credit to the environment/stadium that Griz fans are proud about.

2011BisonAlumni said:
EverettGriz said:
And one of those teams was honestly, objectively and indisputably better than the other.

Hint: it is not the one which lost more games, lost a round earlier in the playoffs, should have lost in the second round of the playoffs, and which lost head to head to the other team.

Agree.

That was the point in what I was trying to make. I don’t think Montana’s performance at home proved they were indisputably a better team. Had they done that, they wouldn’t have been out gained in total yards and let the game go to 2 OT’s.

I don’t think NDSU was a better “team” than JMU in 2021 when they beat them in the playoffs. They won that game because it was at home. I don’t think they win in Virginia. If played on a neutral field it is a coin flip.

You can be a fan, acknowledge and celebrate a win, and also call it for what it is.

Also….if you look at the scoreboard, look at the stats, and don’t think the home field was the difference, then you really aren’t giving credit to the environment/stadium that Griz fans are proud about.

The crowd noise cost UM 7 points by giving the Bison a do-over on the blocked punt.

Was your 75% passer only 9-22 because of the crowd? His poor passing, caused mostly by the UM pass rush and pass defense, was way more important than the crowd. And your big runner only getting about 50 yards. The Bison scored a late TD with a long fake punt, a weak late hit call at the end of the play, and a bad PI call later in the drive.

A game played on a neutral field, or even in Fargo, would have been a different game. It wouldn't have been almost exactly the same game as was played in Griz stadium.

2011BisonAlumni said:
EverettGriz said:

Agree.

I...I don't think my post says what you think it says.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
So, maybe stop posting about how bitter you are about it and thank the Griz for beating the Bizons? Just a thought.

I’m not bitter.
Given what they lost to the NFL and to the transfer portal, I think NDSU hit close to their max . I don’t think they could have beat SDSU.

My original response was the comment “now that the Griz are better than NDSU”…..I was merely trying to say that one 2OT win, at home doesn’t mean that the program is now “better”.

They were the better in one game, at home, which was played in December of 2023.

Again. It took a 1 loss Griz team 2OT’s to beat a 3 loss unseeded NDSU team, coming off two weeks of playoff games on the road against the #6 and #3 seed teams.

You keep posting about it on eGriz.com, but you’re not bitter? Dude, the better team won.

mthoopsfan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Agree.

The crowd noise cost UM 7 points by giving the Bison a do-over on the blocked punt.

Was your 75% passer only 9-22 because of the crowd? His poor passing, caused mostly by the UM pass rush and pass defense, was way more important than the crowd. And your big runner only getting about 50 yards. The Bison scored a late TD with a long fake punt, a weak late hit call at the end of the play, and a bad PI call later in the drive.

A game played on a neutral field, or even in Fargo, would have been a different game. It wouldn't have been almost exactly the same game as was played in Griz stadium.

Yes I think the crowd played into it. He also was playing with a broken rib and also lost Zach Mathis in the first quarter .

Begs to question why he didn’t more carries….but you do realize the Bison out gained the Griz on the ground, right?

I watched that game surrounded by Griz fans, and not one thought that the personal foul or PI were not the right calls.

That’s like me saying Bergen only returned a punt because of a block in the back.

2011BisonAlumni said:
mthoopsfan said:

I watched that game surrounded by Griz fans, and not one thought that the personal foul or PI were not the right calls.

That’s like me saying Bergen only returned a punt because of a block in the back.

I watched with 26,000 Griz fans who were at game and all of them thought PI call was bad and most the late hit too.

There were no blocks in back on punt return. We watched it many times at qb club, from several angles.

mthoopsfan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

I watched with 26,000 Griz fans who were at game and all of them thought PI call was bad and most the late hit too.

There were no blocks in back on punt return. We watched it many times at qb club, from several angles.

I know there wasn’t. I didn’t say there was.

You are saying NDSU only scored the TD from missed calls and a special teams play.

NDSU made a play on special teams.
Montana made a play on special teams.

But someone Montana’s TD counts more?

Go rewatch the game. Those two penalties you referenced were 100% the right call.

2011BisonAlumni said:
mthoopsfan said:

You are saying NDSU only scored the TD from missed calls and a special teams play.

Go rewatch the game. Those two penalties you referenced were 100% the right call.

No, one was clearly wrong and the other was marginal.

The Bison made a nice ST play, and then needed 2 bad 15 yards penalties to score. UM's ST team plays didn't need penalties. In fact, one, the blocked punt, need the penalty on the Bison not to be called. The Bison were lucky to be in the game.

You still haven't explained how your 75% completion percentage qb was 9-22, and how the home field advantage caused that. 9-22 is 41%. That's pretty bad.

The buffaloes had a good run but The Griz were always the better program. Not sure that’s even debatable now. Better facilities, better fans, better school, better campus, etc. And now there’s no doubt about the better team. The team The Griz beat was the most undisciplined team I’ve ever seen. No focus whatsoever. Head in the clouds and didn’t even really want to be there

That 2011 class is very bitter now that The Griz are clearly better. I can understand their angst, particularly with all their good coaches and players opting to leave, none wanting to portal in, and fan interest plummeting. Once the allure of winning starts to wear off, soon Und hockey will make all fats forget the buffaloes ever existed

mthoopsfan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

The Bison made a nice ST play, and then needed 2 bad 15 yards penalties to score. UM's ST team plays didn't need penalties. In fact, one, the blocked punt, need the penalty on the Bison not to be called. The Bison were lucky to be in the game.

You still haven't explained how your 75% completion percentage qb was 9-22, and how the home field advantage caused that. 9-22 is 41%. That's pretty bad.

Those penalties were both clear cut penalties. The Bison player was several yards out of bounds when he was hit. That’s a penalty. The PI was a clear penalty.

I have explained it. Environment. Broke Ribs. Lost Mathis.

I’d say defense also played a factor….but he just plain missed several throws. I do think the rib injury was affecting him pretty severely.

2011BisonAlumni said:
mthoopsfan said:

Those penalties were both clear cut penalties. The Bison player was several yards out of bounds when he was hit. That’s a penalty. The PI was a clear penalty.

I have explained it. Environment. Broke Ribs. Lost Mathis.

I’d say defense also played a factor….but he just plain missed several throws. I do think the rib injury was affecting him pretty severely.

Don’t forget wind direction, dew point, time difference, elevation, ball PSI, cleat length, and hangnails. Those all played significant roles. And, sure, there was the defense. But that was just a minor part of it.

I was surprised to see this article. MSU is only 3M shy of their 25M goal for a new indoor practice facility. MSU looks to break ground on it this year.

it was curious to read that article

There were no blocks in back on punt return. We watched it many times at qb club, from several angles. Reading sports articles can be surprisingly beneficial for nursing students working on dnp project help They often contain valuable insights into team dynamics, leadership, and stress management—skills that are directly transferable to nursing practice. Moreover, they can inspire innovative health promotion projects, especially in areas like patient motivation and teamwork. Engaging with such material could provide a fresh perspective and enhance the practical application of their DNP project.
agree.

Back