• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Griz

braves84 said:
Grizbballfan14 said:
Bobby Moorehead was a 2 year starter that has played in more games than any other griz in history but he was never named to an all big sky team. Not all 5 of our starters are going to make an all big sky team but that doesnt mean they don't deserve to be starters.

Personally, I dont put much stock into all conference awards in the big sky anyways.
I think falls role this upcoming year should be similar to the 2018-19 year when he backed up oguine, and rorie.
With the talent they have in the back court this up coming year there with be alot more competition for minuets, which isn't a bad thing.
After Akoh's second injury in 18/19 our best basketball was played with Timmy Falls starting as the 3rd guard. I would be really surprised if he isnt starting this upcoming season.

He can make any pass, is a tenacious defender, and is a good enough shooter to keep defenses honest. He may have a tendency to get reckless with some passes but has gotten a lot better with experience. Also, I've never seen someone throw a skip pass as quickly and as accurate as Timmy at this level. I think it's the most underrated facet of his game.

Timmy has proven himself as a lock down defender and a spark on offense, someone might be better but I would have to see it.
Are we looking at a legit 10 deep ?

Grizbballfan14 said:
braves84 said:
I think falls role this upcoming year should be similar to the 2018-19 year when he backed up oguine, and rorie.
With the talent they have in the back court this up coming year there with be alot more competition for minuets, which isn't a bad thing.
After Akoh's second injury in 18/19 our best basketball was played with Timmy Falls starting as the 3rd guard. I would be really surprised if he isnt starting this upcoming season.

He can make any pass, is a tenacious defender, and is a good enough shooter to keep defenses honest. He may have a tendency to get reckless with some passes but has gotten a lot better with experience. Also, I've never seen someone throw a skip pass as quickly and as accurate as Timmy at this level. I think it's the most underrated facet of his game.

That is a terrific post. You must know the game.

717s7e said:
Player Rep said: "suppose Falls and his family weren't necessarily excited about this: -- knowing the family, I assume that this was their idea and that they are excited for the opportunity to help the team. These are quality people who appreciate what Travis and the U have done to help their son.

I would feel a lot better about this if that's how it played out. Quite a gesture and sacrifice if they are really on board with this.

And yeah, I'm pretty shocked that it's Falls. I don't know their financial situation, but often times it goes beyond the money for guys; few people are better off financially than Michael Jordan but his son's loss of a scholarship was a factor in his decision to transfer from Illinois.

Just to be clear, I have not read this whole thread but from what I saw, there is no actual proof that Timmy was removed from scholarship right?....Just someone says they have inside info.

CleanHOUSE said:
Just to be clear, I have not read this whole thread but from what I saw, there is no actual proof that Timmy was removed from scholarship right?....Just someone says they have inside info.

Yes but that is like everything on egriz so you just have to consider the source and whether you believe it. Actual proof rarely happens on here.

While I don't often post on the men's side of basketball because it gets chaotic over here I'll say this. No matter what happens with Timmy he has been one of my favorite players to root for. Kind of the underdog making a better way for himself. I have also loved watching the interactions with him and TDC. I for one hope he is on the court next year. 45 years of watching Men Griz BB things are in a whole new world now.

CleanHOUSE said:

Timmy Falls lost his scholarship, but will be back next season regardless. That is a 100% fact. Stop trying to convince yourself of what you want to believe.

What kind of "proof" is even possible here? Nothing short of Travis, Timmy, or the University commenting on the matter would suffice as lock-down "proof" and that is NEVER going to happen, so we have to rely on those who have direct knowledge of the situation.

DPGriz said:
717s7e said:
Player Rep said: "suppose Falls and his family weren't necessarily excited about this: -- knowing the family, I assume that this was their idea and that they are excited for the opportunity to help the team. These are quality people who appreciate what Travis and the U have done to help their son.

I would feel a lot better about this if that's how it played out. Quite a gesture and sacrifice if they are really on board with this.

And yeah, I'm pretty shocked that it's Falls. I don't know their financial situation, but often times it goes beyond the money for guys; few people are better off financially than Michael Jordan but his son's loss of a scholarship was a factor in his decision to transfer from Illinois.

I'm not part of the Falls family, so I'm not 100% sure of how the family dynamics played out, but I can assure you they were not at all happy with him losing his schollie. While he could've transferred, he's a senior leader on a very talented and rising young team, so the idea of moving away and starting over at a new school for one season was certainly not very appetizing. I'm sure Travis had a sense that though Timmy could transfer, he likely wouldn't given that his family could handle his in-state tuition costs.

There is an incredible amount of backcourt talent gathering this fall, new and incumbent. I'll be happy to see Timmy's tenacious effort and team first mindset on the floor, will add to what could develop into a breakout year for them and the program, knock on wood. I don't need to know the particulars, really none of my business.

gotgame75 said:
CleanHOUSE said:

Timmy Falls lost his scholarship, but will be back next season regardless. That is a 100% fact. Stop trying to convince yourself of what you want to believe.

What kind of "proof" is even possible here? Nothing short of Travis, Timmy, or the University commenting on the matter would suffice as lock-down "proof" and that is NEVER going to happen, so we have to rely on those who have direct knowledge of the situation.

What fck are you on about..I mean you named the type of proof there could be...hence why one might ask if there is any such proof when they see people talking in certain terms. I didn't read all 100 post so I thought I would ask if there was certain proof in there somewhere. I don't give shit one way or the other if it was Timmie or someone else that gave up their scholarship.

CleanHOUSE said:
gotgame75 said:

What fck are you on about..I mean you named the type of proof there could be...hence why one might ask if there is any such proof when they see people talking in certain terms. I didn't read all 100 post so I thought I would ask if there was certain proof in there somewhere. I don't give shit one way or the other if it was Timmie or someone else that gave up their scholarship.

If you don't give a sh*t, why bother asking a rhetorical question when you already know the answer? Proof? This is eGriz, not the New York Times. I'll be sure to quote Timmy and Travis when I write the expose´ for the Kaimin :lol: :lol:

I want a signed affidavit from Falls. Also, if you could corroborate it with a school billing statement and Falls’ parents banking statements where they are paying his tuition. Maybe even the original check if I’m going to be a stickler on the best evidence rule. Thanks...

gotgame75 said:
CleanHOUSE said:

If you don't give a sh*t, why bother asking a rhetorical question when you already know the answer? Proof? This is eGriz, not the New York Times. I'll be sure to quote Timmy and Travis when I write the expose´ for the Kaimin :lol: :lol:
lul you only see what you want to see, what are you so butt hurt about?? I questioned the wisdom egriz? Which I didn't, I literally just asked I asked what the proof was to be sure I didn't miss something official...nothing rhetorical about that. And why would anybody ever ask about something when they don't have a preference for what answer is going to be hmmmm?.....5head pepga

dayday said:
I want a signed affidavit from Falls. Also, if you could corroborate it with a school billing statement and Falls’ parents banking statements where they are paying his tuition. Maybe even the original check if I’m going to be a stickler on the best evidence rule. Thanks...

That seems a bit extreme dude, I mean I wouldn't go around telling people Falls is off scholarship based on a single anonymous egriz post, but I would tend to believe it is probably true. Also it is unethical to be calling for the release of private financial data. Please refrain from doing that in the future. Thank You.

gotgame75 said:
DPGriz said:

I'm not part of the Falls family, so I'm not 100% sure of how the family dynamics played out, but I can assure you they were not at all happy with him losing his schollie. While he could've transferred, he's a senior leader on a very talented and rising young team, so the idea of moving away and starting over at a new school for one season was certainly not very appetizing. I'm sure Travis had a sense that though Timmy could transfer, he likely wouldn't given that his family could handle his in-state tuition costs.

Well if they weren't 1000% on board then I think it was totally the wrong call to take his ride. I can appreciate that TDC didn't want to lose anyone but these are athletic scholarships not financial aid, either make a tough cut based on performance or don't oversign your roster. Asking a 3 year contributor to walk on as a senior is a slap in the face and seems to be taking advantage of the player and his family.

DPGriz said:
gotgame75 said:

Well if they weren't 1000% on board then I think it was totally the wrong call to take his ride. I can appreciate that TDC didn't want to lose anyone but these are athletic scholarships not financial aid, either make a tough cut based on performance or don't oversign your roster. Asking a 3 year contributor to walk on as a senior is a slap in the face and seems to be taking advantage of the player and his family.

or TDC was fine with him walking.

grizindabox said:
DPGriz said:

or TDC was fine with him walking.

Yeah I agree, if your going to keep the trust of your team an uphold the sanctity of veteran leadership then I don't think you can take Falls scholarship. So I think Falls must have said "we need to get this guy in and i dont need my scholarship you can use it" or TDC said "we taking your scholarship and your welcome to stay if, but its fine if you move on" which would indicate the relationship isnt great...and there has been some turmoil with Falls. Or it might not be Falls of Scholarship. My guess would be the first, Falls strikes me as a guy that wants to win above all any would love to go down in history by making the tournament and pull a upset. If money wasn't an issue I would give up my scholi in my last year for a the best shot at glory.

dayday said:

Significantly underrated post. :lol: :thumb: :clap:

Latest posts

Back