• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NoCo Thread

At this point there is not much point in worrying, it will be an unimpressive year record wise, but with 3 Frosh and 3 Soph and a 1Sr and 1Jr getting most of the playing time we have shown we can beat anyone in Bigsky (maybe EWU blows us away idk) and we dont have to play great to do it so as long as we keep improving it wont take a miracle or getting hot to win the BigSky tourney

As good as Bannan and Whitney are, Beasley is easily the best freshman with the most upside in the roster. Very quick, finishes well, has a nice handle and can shoot the ball. Rest of the BSC will know this dudes name pretty well before he’s gone.

Griz til I die said:
Big Sage said:
It doesn’t matter what the coach said, and the stats don’t matter. We’re 0-3 in the BSC, and not very good
No we are a good team and have great players, we’re just not very good at finishing games, and that’s what’s cost us.

So it's coaching then?

UMFan12 said:
Our typical offense bit us in the ass countless times again. How many games until DeCuire changes it? The guards multiple times had to stop dribble penetration because of the 2 bigs being camped on the blocks, like the offense calls for. That doesn’t work. You need space to drive. We don’t have any.

Agree. But space can also be created by having an outside threat and inside-outside game. We have no 3-point threat, so opponents can just pack it in.
It's hard to win when trading 2's for 3's. Griz made 1 three last night, Bears 7.

Play as a team and not as individuals ie - WA and AZ and you have a much better chance of winning. Look at the #1 team in the country and you will get my point!

Griz2k said:
Griz til I die said:
No we are a good team and have great players, we’re just not very good at finishing games, and that’s what’s cost us.

So it's coaching then?
No it’s an execution problem. It’s not Decuires fault that Bannan was out of position on the final play last night. Everyone on that court should know that they need to put a body on Hume, and Bannan failed at that.

Did that last-second shot by Bannan remind anybody else of the legendary last-second shot by Christian Laettner against Kentucky?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgtjNok5LZw

Hume made that last play.....and another big one few minutes earlier ....from behind the basket. Cut baseline stopped behind hoop....Bannan slipped. Hume caught it and came from behind hoop to lay it in. Unusual and very effective plays. No real fault on Bannan and whoever thinks preseason all big sky "big" man Steadman would have done better hasn't been watching him this year. "Big" man did pull down ONE rebound last night. 6 points......missed a few easy little hook shots.....traveled at least once (like most games) while trying to establish "strong " post position. Underwhelming are best.

maroonandsilver said:
UMFan12 said:
Our typical offense bit us in the ass countless times again. How many games until DeCuire changes it? The guards multiple times had to stop dribble penetration because of the 2 bigs being camped on the blocks, like the offense calls for. That doesn’t work. You need space to drive. We don’t have any.

Agree. But space can also be created by having an outside threat and inside-outside game. We have no 3-point threat, so opponents can just pack it in.
It's hard to win when trading 2's for 3's. Griz made 1 three last night, Bears 7.

Yeah I agree this has been the formula to beat us now for years, except the one odd year we had Dorsey and Manuel and Pridgett shooting 46% from 3....And we had Ogunie and Rorie driving.......yet (side note that team never felt special even though its the one time we had 3pts shooting in recent memory...Maybe because we had NOTHING for post or PF presence that year)

maroonandsilver said:
UMFan12 said:

We also made 21 FT’s to the Bears’ 9.

Mousegriz said:
Hume made that last play.....and another big one few minutes earlier ....from behind the basket. Cut baseline stopped behind hoop....Bannan slipped. Hume caught it and came from behind hoop to lay it in. Unusual and very effective plays. No real fault on Bannan and whoever thinks preseason all big sky "big" man Steadman would have done better hasn't been watching him this year. "Big" man did pull down ONE rebound last night. 6 points......missed a few easy little hook shots.....traveled at least once (like most games) while trying to establish "strong " post position. Underwhelming are best.

Hey pre-season Big Sky mvp. :roll:

Dillon said:
Play as a team and not as individuals ie - WA and AZ and you have a much better chance of winning. Look at the #1 team in the country and you will get my point!

To be fair they have a freshman who is one of the best players in the country and doesn't seem to worry about putting up numbers for NBA scouts. Suggs is impressive and the best player Few has had.

citay said:
Did that last-second shot by Bannan remind anybody else of the legendary last-second shot by Christian Laettner against Kentucky?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgtjNok5LZw

That crossed my mind to just after the fact. I think Laettner had a little more time if I remember right. Bannan got that off quickly, they only had a second.

fanofzoo said:
Mousegriz said:

Hey pre-season Big Sky mvp. :roll:

Agree, plus the guy driving was in no mans land, it was fortunate for them that Bannan slipped and it opened up.

Griz til I die said:
Got my coffee ready, let’s do this Griz!

I'm with ya. Go Griz!

Riley Corcoran just said that the Griz have lost three Big Sky conf. games by less than a total of 5 seconds combined.

Hume looks like the best player in the Big Sky, by a lot. We are not a good shooting team. It’s a rebuild year. Bannan should not be shooting 3s or anything beyond 10-12 feet. He’s 0-14 from 3s this season.

This team plays so ugly and it defies logic. I don't know what the recipe is for this team to catch a gear an go. Maybe they aren't capable of doing it.

Just can't get baskets to extend leads, and have a 1/4 second lapses on defense.

Latest posts

Back