• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ribs Recipe

snap said:
Thinking about throwing a big pork tenderloin on the smoker this afternoon. I did one a year or two ago but left it on way too long and dried the shit out of it. I plan on paying better attention to it this time and pulling it off around 140 internal temp. The cupboard is a little bare right now so I think I'll just coat it with mustard and rub and throw that SOB on some apple wood at 225 or so. I planned on just grilling it but I'm almost out of charcoal and the road to town is an icy bitch right now. I was sliding around last night coming home and that was with chains on. Glad I picked up a case of PBR last night cause I'm not going anywhere today if I don't have to. Anyone here ever smoked a pork tenderloin?

I have done lots of full loins.

1. Season liberally with your favorite q rub
2. Slather with a good whole grain mustard
3. Pack a thin layer of dark brown sugar on the loin (mustard should help hold it on)
4. Use a spray bottle to mist brown sugar with your favorite bourbon
5. Wrap the whole loin with strips of bacon
6. Smoke to your desired degree of doneness (using the remote read thermometer you should own by now), while spritzing loin every 30 minutes or so with bourbon or mopping with a mixture of bourbon and your favorite q sauce.

Damn grzfnz, I wish you could have chimed in just a little bit earlier. I got the mustard and rub on and sat it in the fridge for a few hours. Then, threw it on the smoker and have been brushing Q sauce on every half hour since. Gonna pull it off in about 10 minutes. It looks great and I'll probably just loosely wrap it in foil for 10 or 15 minutes to let it rest. The bourbon spritz is gonna have to wait for the next one but damn that sounds good.

Just sliced it up and man, this is great. Nice and smokey, crispy bark on the outside, moist. Just piled up a bunch of thin slices on a toasted bun and had a kick ass smoked pork sandwich. Wish you were here.

snap said:
Just sliced it up and man, this is great. Nice and smokey, crispy bark on the outside, moist. Just piled up a bunch of thin slices on a toasted bun and had a kick ass smoked pork sandwich. Wish you were here.
Snap, will you marry me????

That sounds friggin awesome!

Finally pulled the trigger on a "a-maze-n" pellet smoker for cold smoking. Should have it early next week and plan on breaking it in by smoking up a couple pounds of pepper jack cheese. Should be pretty sweet for cheese, salmon, etc...

oh, and yes Hammer. Of course I'll marry you (you just made me the happiest man in the world).

snap said:
Finally pulled the trigger on a "a-maze-n" pellet smoker for cold smoking. Should have it early next week and plan on breaking it in by smoking up a couple pounds of pepper jack cheese. Should be pretty sweet for cheese, salmon, etc...

oh, and yes Hammer. Of course I'll marry you (you just made me the happiest man in the world).
You poor fucking bastard, that guy makes those skank Kardasians look needy... :mrgreen:

polsongrizz said:
snap said:

You poor f***[*] bastard, that guy makes those skank Kardasians look needy... :mrgreen:

I think the wedding is off. The son of a bitch won't call me back. Some folks I've talked to have seen him whoring around Butte with another man. :eek:

On a more serious note, I just bought another Maverick et 732 on amazon and it's coming with a set of Grizzly paw meat pullers for 59.99. I got my first one a while back at the urging of pretty much everyone on here and the thing is great. I'm gonna give the used one to my brother when my new one gets here (I was gonna give him the new one for his b-day, but figured I should keep the new one and give him the used one).

edit. I thought about the new 733, but decided to stick with the 732 because the updated features don't really mean much to me. Plus, it's 10 bucks more and didn't come with the meat pullers.

snap said:
polsongrizz said:
snap said:

You poor f***[*] bastard, that guy makes those skank Kardasians look needy... :mrgreen:

I think the wedding is off. The son of a bitch won't call me back. Some folks I've talked to have seen him whoring around Butte with another man. :eek:

On a more serious note, I just bought another Maverick et 732 on amazon and it's coming with a set of Grizzly paw meat pullers for 59.99. I got my first one a while back at the urging of pretty much everyone on here and the thing is great. I'm gonna give the used one to my brother when my new one gets here (I was gonna give him the new one for his b-day, but figured I should keep the new one and give him the used one).

edit. I thought about the new 733, but decided to stick with the 732 because the updated features don't really mean much to me. Plus, it's 10 bucks more and didn't come with the meat pullers.

I would advise any man that lives in the woods alone to go with the meat puller....

snap said:
polsongrizz said:
snap said:

That other man just happens to be the full packer brisket (30 lbs) that I bought at the Meat Block that's going home to get brined for two weeks then get smoked for 12-14 hrs just in time for St Pats. Since the irish don't know anything other that boiling their briskets I though I may throw some seriously good corned beef at them. Yes the cabbage will be just as good this way also,. It's kinda a rip off way to make pastrami but it turns out almost as good as the real
stuff. The pastrami police will go crazy and try to have me arrested,but that's ok I'm used to pissing off the irish and the wops!
Bottom line is my sandwich, smoked brisket,sauteed onions,pepperjack cheese with Durkees slathered on the buns makes about the best Sammy I ever made or purchased. Don't forget to throw on some Wickles pickles or Famous Daves are good too.. Best Sammy in the state, outside of my 3/4 lb patty melt on black rye(fuck that marbled rye junk) with sautéed sweet onions and chopped wickles with Russian dressing.

Ursa Major said:
snap said:
polsongrizz said:
snap said:

I would advise any man that lives in the woods alone to go with the meat puller....

:lol: So true.

Hammer. I hope you don't mind that I rubbed one out as I read your post. That corned beef sammy sounds so good. And don't get me started about the patty melt.

Trying out the new cold smoker this afternoon. Got some cheddar on one rack and a couple pounds of almonds on the other rack. Using some bourbon barrel pellets that I got with my order. Smells awesome.

snap said:
Trying out the new cold smoker this afternoon. Got some cheddar on one rack and a couple pounds of almonds on the other rack. Using some bourbon barrel pellets that I got with my order. Smells awesome.

Not sure if you're located near a Cash & Carry store or not, but they sell 20# bags of cherry pellets for about $10. That's where I also get 25# chuck rolls to smoke up for bbq beef sandwiches, pulls like pork but tastes like brisket.

grzfnz. No Cash and Carry in my area. Never even heard of it but that's a great deal on pellets. I pretty much live in the middle of nowhere so the internet is my friend when it comes to stuff like that. I got eight pounds of pellets with the cold smoker I ordered so I figure that should keep me going for awhile. Smoked the cheese and almonds for about 3.5 hours, then wrapped the cheese up tight in saran wrap and plan on letting it sit in the fridge for 3 weeks or so. The smoker worked perfectly. This thing is sweet. I pulled the almonds off at 3 hours and salted them up. I'm eating some as I type this and they're the best smoked almonds I've ever had. I recommend this little cold smoker without reservation. The only reason to not get this little unit is if you hate smoked cheese and smoked nuts.

People often tell me that I'm an idiot. That I'm a moron. I'm stupid. A dim-witted chowderhead.

I just smile because I know how wrong they are. After all, would an idiot be cold smoking a block of velveeta this afternoon? Of course not, and that's exactly what your ol' buddy snap is up to.

snap said:
People often tell me that I'm an idiot. That I'm a moron. I'm stupid. A dim-witted chowderhead.

I just smile because I know how wrong they are. After all, would an idiot be cold smoking a block of velveeta this afternoon? Of course not, and that's exactly what your ol' buddy snap is up to.

Id take that cold smoked velveta melt it down with a nice smoked porter or nut brown ale, add some chopped roasted garlic and a spoonful or 2 of some good spicy brown mustard to make a killer cheese sauce for some home made soft pretzels.

e9ezy6e7.jpg

Oh shit grzfnz. That would be ridiculous. When you get a chance, post up how to make those pretzels. I'm game for giving it a shot. Your smoked velveeta cheese sauce and soft pretzel combo may just be the best thing ever.

Just pulled the velveeta off the smoker after about 3 hours of smoke. It looks perfect. Temp in the smoker hovered between 60 and 65 the whole time. Gonna wrap it up and let it mellow in the fridge for a few weeks.

snap said:
When you get a chance, post up how to make those pretzels.

1. Go get some Le Petit Outre pizza dough.
2. Shape that crap into pretzels.
3. Shake some salt on 'em.
4. Bake at 400 'til golden brown.
5. Enjoy!

Snap, we get taste of home magazine and this recipe was in an issue last fall and my wife and I made this recipe for snacking while watching an away Griz game and they turned out really good. Grzfnz may have a better recipe but this one worked out well for us and it was our first time making pretzels. We love the pretzels from the pretzel place in southgate mall and these were pretty close.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/soft-beer-pretzels" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

snap said:

HA!!

Latest posts

Back