• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Root for the Kitties?

CDAGRIZ said:
poorgriz said:
Anybody gonna answer Walkon?

Oh, I know this scene:

Well, Dale, JMU is what's called a better team than MSU, so, yeah, they're pretty good . . .

Look, I'm happy for the Bobcats to have made the final for the first time since ever. Enjoy the gift.

Agree JMU was\is very good - but they couldn't get it done against NDSU. If the Cats lose on the 8th, I would probably concede that the order of best teams in the country is probably NDSU, JMU, MSU. However if the Cats win, that leaves no doubt as to who is the best team in the FCS, 2021.

poorgriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Oh, I know this scene:

Well, Dale, JMU is what's called a better team than MSU, so, yeah, they're pretty good . . .

Look, I'm happy for the Bobcats to have made the final for the first time since ever. Enjoy the gift.

Agree JMU was\is very good - but they couldn't get it done against NDSU. If the Cats lose on the 8th, I would probably concede that the order of best teams in the country is probably NDSU, JMU, MSU. However if the Cats win, that leaves no doubt as to who is the best team in the FCS, 2021.

First, you aren't winning next week.

Second, ya better put UM in front of MSU since you got your ass handed to you in an embarrassing fashion.

hubcap said:
poorgriz said:

Second, ya better put UM in front of MSU since you got your ass handed to you in an embarrassing fashion.

That is what was said by you guys on here before each playoff game. That is why they play the game. Anything can happen.
And, I guess you mean we got schooled like we beat the Griz in embarassing fashion in 2019. One win in the last five years doesn't put UM in front!.

ilovethecats said:
What an odd thread.

Of course you should NOT root for the Cats! What the hell is going on?

All that said, please pick me up if my car breaks down. :cool:

Well said, ILTC.
I've had this pipe dream about driving on a lonely, bitchin' cold night, and coming across someone I loathe, broken down on the side of the road. I'd slow down, recognize this person, this person recognizes me, and I drive off. I'd pick you up, and save your scat ass, though. :thumb:

hubcap said:
poorgriz said:

We'll see. As for UM being in front of MSU... nah. I will admit you were better on that day though. Reminds me of when we crushed EWU the year they won the National Championship. Yep, we whipped them and were the better team on that day, but I can also admit they were the better team overall.

I was just talking about this the other day. I love the state of Montana but I’m not from Montana. Hell I even think the town of Bozeman is pretty cool. You must have to be born in or from Montana to even consider rooting for the cats!? The Montana boy connection? I don’t get it! I don’t like the cats or their wanna be fans! I cannot and will not be rooting for the cats!

bigsky33 said:
hubcap said:

Right! So using your 'Griz logic', since SDSU beat NDSU TWICE in 2021, and SHSU beat them as well.....MSU is national champs?? Whatever you say, dumbass.......

CDAGRIZ said:
cclarkblues said:
Well I do have a Cat national champion t-shirt from 1984, but it could just be a 37 year old forgery.

Odds are it’s a fake. Kind of a cool novelty item, though. My friend’s grandfather had one of those “Dewey Defeats Truman” newspapers. Great conversation piece.

Actually MSU is the only team to win National NCAA football titles at 3 different levels: https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/three-of-a-kind-a-montana-state-bobcats-national-championship-retrospective/collection_731b1225-817c-5a86-a2ac-4fe3acf9152f.html?fbclid=IwAR2gZ2xPCnqVHQryV_c2ZjwyBSFlZuW8MzAWpb0wj4UKnmI8q-rkhtbp45U But I digress - was JMU really that much better than the gris? Or was it just those pesky injuries again....

Bear Spray said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Odds are it’s a fake. Kind of a cool novelty item, though. My friend’s grandfather had one of those “Dewey Defeats Truman” newspapers. Great conversation piece.

Actually MSU is the only team to win National NCAA football titles at 3 different levels: https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/three-of-a-kind-a-montana-state-bobcats-national-championship-retrospective/collection_731b1225-817c-5a86-a2ac-4fe3acf9152f.html?fbclid=IwAR2gZ2xPCnqVHQryV_c2ZjwyBSFlZuW8MzAWpb0wj4UKnmI8q-rkhtbp45U But I digress - was JMU really that much better than the gris? Or was it just those pesky injuries again....

Win? Or claim? I know one is claimed after a tie and another is a Paul Bunyan tale, so I’m not sure.

I think JMU was better than the Griz this year, and the Griz were most assuredly better than the Bobcats this year.

Bear Spray said:
bigsky33 said:
Right! So using your 'Griz logic', since SDSU beat NDSU TWICE in 2021, and SHSU beat them as well.....MSU is national champs?? Whatever you say, dumbass.......

Really isn't any logic needed. You got your asses kicked. Your "scary" OLine & RBs did absolutely nothing. Your "scary" DLine and LBers did absolutely nothing. Matter of fact, #15 "highlights" were played in the locker room for days afterwards. How could you even make an argument that your team is better? It isn't. Had you beat us in the playoffs, I would admit otherwise. Now, if you beat NDSU, I'd be happy to crown you the better team. But......it won't happen, dumbass.....

Bear Spray said:
CDAGRIZ said:

And here I thought the “everyone gets a trophy” movement started post Y2K.
Does the NAIA (which is not an NCAA organization by the way) trophy rotate between schools every other year, do both schools have their own or did they cut the thing in half??

grizfnz said:
Bear Spray said:

Does the NAIA (which is not an NCAA organization by the way) trophy rotate between schools every other year, do both schools have their own or did they cut the thing in half??

:lol: Great point. They don't even know what it's for. It's like an old trophy in your HS trophy case that nobody remembers. WTF is this even for? It just says "Gene O'Leary 1950" and has a genie lamp on top.

CDAGRIZ said:
grizfnz said:

:lol: Great point. They don't even know what it's for. It's like an old trophy in your HS trophy case that nobody remembers. WTF is this even for? It just says "Gene O'Leary 1950" and has a genie lamp on top.

GF nailed it! There is a gentleman’s agreement with the NAIA Teams that everybody gets a turn and no “cuts”.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

GF nailed it! There is a gentleman’s agreement with the NAIA Teams that everybody gets a turn and no “cuts”.

A lot of people are out there saying unless you've tied for an NAIA National Championship in the NCAA and declared yourself the overall champion, your program doesn't have the right to treat a three-way tie for third as a conference championship. It's what separates the haves from the have-nots.

https://myteamisbetterthanyourteam.com/path;winner=Montana%20St;loser=Alabama;sport=CFB;year=2021;method=2

...for the sake of 17 pages i post...
...decided to root for the cats...
...the day after hell freezes over...

... :fuel: ...

grizfnz said:
Bear Spray said:

There's a better chance than most want that the FBS will give a trophy to a team on a covid forfeit this year. We can't change what happened, kinda like you can't change facts......

Bear Spray said:
grizfnz said:

There's a better chance than most want that the FBS will give a trophy to a team on a covid forfeit this year. We can't change what happened, kinda like you can't change facts......
If it happens to UNDSU you can damn sure bet Asterisk State University would hoist another flag with pride.

Ursa Major said:
Bear Spray said:
If it happens to UNDSU you can damn sure bet Asterisk State University would hoist another flag with pride.

Holy shit! I didn't even think of this possibility. They absolutely would hoist a flag for their third NCOI ("National Championship Open to Interpretation").

hubcap said:
Bear Spray said:
Really isn't any logic needed. You got your asses kicked. Your "scary" OLine & RBs did absolutely nothing. Your "scary" DLine and LBers did absolutely nothing. Matter of fact, #15 "highlights" were played in the locker room for days afterwards. How could you even make an argument that your team is better? It isn't. Had you beat us in the playoffs, I would admit otherwise. Now, if you beat NDSU, I'd be happy to crown you the better team. But......it won't happen, dumbass.....

I"m not about making excuses dude - let's see if you can do the same. The Cats got crushed in Missoula & I haven't cast any shade on UM, they had a fine season. As for the Cats D, Um scored 22 on the Cats D - most the entire season. EW 20. SHS 19, SDSU 17. Cats D #2 in nation in points allowed. #13 total D. You're not impressed? How many MSU games did you watch? I'm sure Bobby's playing #15 highlights & will relish it when he wins the Buck Buchanan award too. :thumb: How many times have we heard Egrizzers bashing Cat fans for putting too much emphasis on Cat Griz over the years? A shi+ ton. So now you're going to live on one game while the Cats have won 3 playoff games & are playing for a Natty? Isn't that the goal of RTD - to win the Natty - or is it just to with the turd mountain trophy? SDSU beat NDSU twice this year. Cats rolled them. SHSU beat NDSU too. Cats smashed them. Troll away & enjoy the win - I"ll take what MSU's done this year anytime & if you could be honest you would too.

CDAGRIZ said:
Bear Spray said:

Win? Or claim? I know one is claimed after a tie and another is a Paul Bunyan tale, so I’m not sure.

I think JMU was better than the Griz this year, and the Griz were most assuredly better than the Bobcats this year.
THIS. The games don’t matter crowd is hilarious. They say the Griz say this stuff. When have the Griz ever gone to the National Title game or even semis when they haven’t beat the Cats??

Back