• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Root for the Kitties?

bigsky33 said:
WaGriz4life said:
No one is saying the Griz are the best team in the FCS. Just saying the Griz coaches and players are better than MSU. Game wasn’t close to competitive. Congrats on not winning the Big Sky not beating the Griz and not winning the national title.

I guess you mean like the game before in 2019 when the Cats destroyed the Griz. The Cats players and coaches were better than the Griz. Game wasn’t close to competitive.
If you're so inclined to go back in time, we should really talk about 1986-2001,

kemajic said:
bigsky33 said:
I guess you mean like the game before in 2019 when the Cats destroyed the Griz. The Cats players and coaches were better than the Griz. Game wasn’t close to competitive.
If you're so inclined to go back in time, we should really talk about 1986-2001,

Wasn't talking about decades ago. Lot's have changed since back in those days. I was referring to the game previous to the 2021 game, very recent history. The Cats have been to the semis two seasons in row and now to a natty. Where have the Griz been?

kemajic said:
bigsky33 said:

Wasn't talking about decades ago. Lot's have changed since back in those days. I was referring to the game previous to the 2021 game, very recent history. The Cats have been to the semis two seasons in row and now to a natty. Where have the Griz been?

bigsky33 said:
kemajic said:

If the facts don't fit your narrative, they can't be presented or considered, correct? :roll:

bigsky33 said:
kemajic said:

Champs of the state of Montana. Convincingly. We would be glad to see the 2nd best team in MT win the NC.

kemajic said:
bigsky33 said:
Champs of the state of Montana. Convincingly. We would be glad to see the 2nd best team in MT win the NC.

Unlike the Griz, the focus for Vigen, with his NDS pedigree, is the national championship. Looks like Bobby changed his focus to the Montana Championship after the bad beat down he took in 2019. The Griz were only the best team in Montana for that one game. The best team in Montana is in the Natty and not sitting home watching it on TV.

bigsky33 said:
kemajic said:

Unlike the Griz, the focus for Vigen, with his NDS pedigree, is the national championship. Looks like Bobby changed his focus to the Montana Championship after the bad beat down he took in 2019. The Griz were only the best team in Montana for that one game. The best team in Montana is in the Natty and not sitting home watching it on TV.

Bobby did mention after the 2019 beatdown that UM should get back to focusing on beating the cats.

Kem, Griz fans here have chastised Cat fans for prioritizing Cat/Griz instead of the playoffs, BS title, and a natty. 17 years in a row will do that to you. Now it appears the shoe is on the other foot. You & many others are hanging your hats on a Cat/Griz win and downplaying the Griz playoff win over Eastern in the rematch game. You're pushing a Cat/Griz win and downplaying 3 Cat playoff wins, 2 against teams that beat NDSU in 2021. Actually, those teams beat NDSU 3 times in 2021. You're downplaying a shot a the national title. I'll take a run to the natty over Cat/Griz any year, every year. I remember in 2015 when UM beat NDSU - 'how about that!' was Stitt's quote. A great griz win. Did that mean the griz were the better team than NDSU that year?

bigsky33 said:
kemajic said:

The Griz made it to the quarterfinals, where they lost their two best offensive players early in the game and got beat by a team that would’ve beaten the Cats, too.

The team that beat JMU is probably also going to beat the Cats in a few days.

And the Griz kicked the Cats’ ass this year because the Griz were a better team than the Cats this year. Period.

Bear Spray said:
Kem, Griz fans here have chastised Cat fans for prioritizing Cat/Griz instead of the playoffs, BS title, and a natty. 17 years in a row will do that to you. Now it appears the shoe is on the other foot. You & many others are hanging your hats on a Cat/Griz win and downplaying the Griz playoff win over Eastern in the rematch game. You're pushing a Cat/Griz win and downplaying 3 Cat playoff wins, 2 against teams that beat NDSU in 2021. Actually, those teams beat NDSU 3 times in 2021. You're downplaying a shot a the national title. I'll take a run to the natty over Cat/Griz any year, every year. I remember in 2015 when UM beat NDSU - 'how about that!' was Stitt's quote. A great griz win. Did that mean the griz were the better team than NDSU that year?
We were quite happy to get revenge on EWU in the playoffs as well as handing a beatdown to MSU, but we don't have delusional EWU fans trolling eGriz; we have many cat fans pounding their chests here. No one is downplaying a shot at the NC, where did you read that? We enjoyed every one of our 7 runs, all of which came after a win over MSU. It doesn't have to be either/or, it can be both as we've shown.

We have extra time to work toward 2022 with our very young team. We'll be there.

Grizlaw said:
bigsky33 said:

The Griz made it to the quarterfinals, where they lost their two best offensive players early in the game and got beat by a team that would’ve beaten the Cats, too.

The team that beat JMU is probably also going to beat the Cats in a few days.

And the Griz kicked the Cats’ ass this year because the Griz were a better team than the Cats this year. Period.

Gee, didn't the Cat's just beat South Dakota State, who beat NDSU, missing their best offensive RB and two of their best defensive players. Injuries are part of the game. And, until a game is played, you don't know that JMU would have beat the Cats. The Cats have been a different team since they played the Griz. Most posters on here said we would lose each game played in the playoffs. And yes, like I said, the Griz were a better team this year in that one game. As far as the season is concerned, the Cats were the better team.

:thumb:
kemajic said:
Bear Spray said:
We were quite happy to get revenge on EWU in the playoffs as well as handing a beatdown to MSU, but we don't have delusional EWU fans trolling eGriz; we have many cat fans pounding their chests here. No one is downplaying a shot at the NC, where did you read that? We enjoyed every one of our 7 runs, all of which came after a win over MSU. It doesn't have to be either/or, it can be both as we've shown.

We have extra time to work toward 2022 with our very young team. We'll be there.

:thumb:

Root for the scats? HA!
Someone mentioned the old T-Shirt slogan, "I have two favorite teams, the Grizzlies, and whoever plays the bobcats."
Still got that T-shirt, in a frame now. It kind of fell apart after about 40 years.
But this should have been taught from day one, in school. Simple as A-B-C:

A - Anybody
B - But
the
C - cats

Til the day I die...no kumbaya here.

3-7-77 said:
Root for the scats? HA!
Someone mentioned the old T-Shirt slogan, "I have two favorite teams, the Grizzlies, and whoever plays the bobcats."
Still got that T-shirt, in a frame now. It kind of fell apart after about 40 years.
But this should have been taught from day one, in school. Simple as A-B-C:

A - Anybody
B - But
the
C - cats

Til the day I die...no kumbaya here.

Always
Be
Closing

i got a T-shirt that says “I’ve got 99 problems, but the ‘Scats ain’t one of ‘em!”

oh great. at Frisco bar. 99% Bison fans. 1-2 tables of kitties and they do the Eat Griz shit or whatever chant.. Bison fans just laugh at them & continue order drinks from half naked girls in NDSU gear.... oopa

bigsky33 said:
Gee, didn't the Cat's just beat South Dakota State, who beat NDSU, missing their best offensive RB and two of their best defensive players. Injuries are part of the game. And, until a game is played, you don't know that JMU would have beat the Cats. The Cats have been a different team since they played the Griz. Most posters on here said we would lose each game played in the playoffs. And yes, like I said, the Griz were a better team this year in that one game. As far as the season is concerned, the Cats were the better team.

Yep…we’ll never know what would’ve happened if a million little things would’ve been different. We will find out in a couple days what happens when the Cats play the winner of the varsity side of the bracket, though. If they get the win against NDSU, I’ll tip my hat and congratulate them.

Grizlaw said:
bigsky33 said:

Yep…we’ll never know what would’ve happened if a million little things would’ve been different. We will find out in a couple days what happens when the Cats play the winner of the varsity side of the bracket, though. If they get the win against NDSU, I’ll tip my hat and congratulate them.

Yep, no matter what happens in the Championship game the Cats will have had a heck of a season. Since SDSU beat the Bison, I would say they made the Cats side of the bracket the toughest. The bottom line is though, no matter what side of the bracket you were on you had to win to get to the Championship. The Cats did it and the Griz did not.

South Dakota State traveled to Davis, then back to Brookings, then to Sacramento, then back to Brookings, then to Pennsylvania, then back to Brookings, then to bozo. They were hardly the team that played NDSU. Bozeman played UT Martin who has one of the worst defenses in the league, the Sam Houston Softies, and a beat up jackrabbit team. Hardly a tough draw especially when you see EWU, Montana, JMU, and NDSU
In the champions bracket. But hey your still playing. Right! The thing that’s interesting is cat fans find their way to egriz to puff out their chest until they become the last team to lose…..

bigkid said:
South Dakota State traveled to Davis, then back to Brookings, then to Sacramento, then back to Brookings, then to Pennsylvania, then back to Brookings, then to bozo. They were hardly the team that played NDSU. Bozeman played UT Martin who has one of the worst defenses in the league, the Sam Houston Softies, and a beat up jackrabbit team. Hardly a tough draw especially when you see EWU, Montana, JMU, and NDSU
In the champions bracket. But hey your still playing. Right! The thing that’s interesting is cat fans find their way to egriz to puff out their chest until they become the last team to lose…..

Will be a great season for the Cats no matter what Vigen being new, nobody knew what to expect. He did a good job and you can see his NDSU pedigree. He knows what it takes to get to the top.

bigsky33 said:
bigkid said:

Will be a great season for the Cats no matter what Vigen being new, nobody knew what to expect. He did a good job and you can see his NDSU pedigree. He knows what it takes to get to the top.

You’re trying too hard. Go home cat.

Back