• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sam Vidlak, Class of 2021 QB Commits! (Enters 2022 Portal)

Looks to be a very good get for Montana.
Now the $10,000 question, if he puts up those kind of numbers next year, does he get higher level offers and stay commuted.

fanofzoo said:
grizindabox said:
fanofzoo said:
But what about Rostad ?

What about him?

It just seems like every QB is the next coming, somebody ain't playing.

This is nothing new it happens every year. You recruit the best players you can get. Depth is vital to success and if you want to get better recruiting depth is the key. Good players do not shy away from competition, they thrive on it and get better. Brown is a good quarterback, Rostad is a good quarterback, Patterson is a good quarterback and Humphrey is a good quarterback. As the sayings go cream rises to the top and iron sharpens iron. The best one will be the starting quarterback next fall and that is only positive for the Griz and our future. Every position has its competition and the quarterback is no exception. Surprises happen every year and someone steps up and pulls away. Dave Dickenson is the perfect example of a pleasant surprise. I remember Tommy Lee telling me how Dave would be hard to keep out of the lineup as a sophomore because he was such a quick study, a natural leader and the staff was a surprised at how good he really was and how quickly he separated himself from the other quarterbacks on the roster.

Wonder if we will bring in 2 QBs in the class I’m not sure if we have already offered but I thought for sure Camden Sirmon would be a Griz.

He certainly looks good on tape, but I think we need to recruit about 3 guys out of that receiving corps! They never broke off a route. There was a time of two when he just threw the ball and they ran and got it! If these guys have been playing together as long as indicated why not recruit the whole battery?

Southern Oregon has some legit football talent and is often overlooked by UO and OSU. SOU offered this kid early last year and I don’t doubt that OSU would be interested next year in him. Keep that southern Oregon connection rollin

grizfan1984 said:
Wonder if we will bring in 2 QBs in the class I’m not sure if we have already offered but I thought for sure Camden Sirmon would be a Griz.

This is the potential recruit that immediately came to my mind.Will be interesting to watch what happens but for now it feels good to have 1 high quality QB recruit committing for the 2021 class.

I dont know if this will ease anyone's concern, but he said on twitter that he had wanted to come here since going to camp the summer of his freshman year. I have a feeling that if he planned on waiting for bigger offers he wouldn't have committed right away. Seems to me like Montana is his dream school and I'm excited to have him be a Griz!

fanofzoo said:
grizindabox said:
fanofzoo said:
But what about Rostad ?

What about him?

It just seems like every QB is the next coming, somebody ain't playing.

Rostad is better at this point.

Vidlak is a pure pocket passer, but only 6’1” and not a runner, which actually fits Bobby’s past system best. Other than Sneed almost all his qbs here have been primarily pocket passers. However, I don’t think any were 6-1 or under.

Grizbballfan14 said:
I dont know if this will ease anyone's concern, but he said on twitter that he had wanted to come here since going to camp the summer of his freshman year. I have a feeling that if he planned on waiting for bigger offers he wouldn't have committed right away. Seems to me like Montana is his dream school and I'm excited to have him be a Griz!

Seems to have a friendly connection with Dante Olson's family as well.

HookedonGriz said:
Interesting side note, Sam’s team played this last year in 3A classification. They had been in 4A prior to that but hadn’t won enough. Oregon introduced a new rule that let teams who had a certain low winning % to drop a classification to be more competitive. It seemed to have worked as these guys marched directly to a state championship.

3A in Oregon would be like Class A in Montana. As far as the size of school.

WaGriz4life said:
HookedonGriz said:
Interesting side note, Sam’s team played this last year in 3A classification. They had been in 4A prior to that but hadn’t won enough. Oregon introduced a new rule that let teams who had a certain low winning % to drop a classification to be more competitive. It seemed to have worked as these guys marched directly to a state championship.

3A in Oregon would be like Class A in Montana. As far as the size of school.

That is correct. His school has close to 500 kids.

Latest posts

Back