• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sam Vidlak, Class of 2021 QB Commits! (Enters 2022 Portal)

This would absolutely be a huge pick up. Bigger and better than the other drop down potentials we are seeing. Vidalk is the real deal.

WyomingGrizFan said:
goatcreekgriz said:
Makes more sense than the ho-hum from Northern Iowa. Hope he signs with UM.

What? Another Craig Ochs?
An Ochs for Christmas, we deserve it.

https://oregonstate.rivals.com/news/oregon-state-quarterback-sam-vidlak-enters-transfer-portal

AZGrizFan said:
dayday said:
You could be correct. Hauck has done it before but it be tricky thing to bring in another RS-freshman with Britt being that then you have Brown and Huot sandwiched in between. So it’s a good point and Hauck has said he would prefer a QB in each class.

However, I think you bring in the best talent you can and not worry about that. Last year taught us about how much not having a stud at QB and a good back up can derail a very talented team.

One could argue that if we hadn’t been missing several OTHER studs who WERE on the team, the QB we had would have been fine.

1,000% spot on!

goatcreekgriz said:

That Ho hum QB is still getting offers despite the commitment. Eastern Washington offered him a few days ago as did FBS Florida International

ordigger said:
goatcreekgriz said:

That Ho hum QB is still getting offers despite the commitment. Eastern Washington offered him a few days ago as did FBS Florida International
Huh? The UNI transfer signed with Central Arkansas.

kemajic said:
ordigger said:

No, committed on the 15th, never signed that we know of. Still posting offers on 22nd, 23rd and 24th.

https://twitter.com/willsnupe/status/1471136124550660102
https://twitter.com/willsnupe/status/1473832522991742978
https://twitter.com/willsnupe/status/1474066920026644493
https://twitter.com/willsnupe/status/1474421446596300821

Commitment no longer exists in college football.

ordigger said:
kemajic said:
Commitment no longer exists in college football.
This happens all the time. Guys commit and then continue to receive offers. Hell, this has happened to several of our big recruits over the last couple of years that still signed with us. Publicly thanking a school that offered you a scholarship on social media does not at all mean he isn't committed to UCA.

But also, if he gets an offer later that's better for him and his career than UCA, he's not a bad guy for taking it.

I think once you’ve committed to a school you should have to forsake all others and work odd jobs at your school for free. You should have to give back 10% of your income to that school for the rest of your life. Kids today don’t realize that they owe everything to the school to which they commit. Great job ruining everything, NCAA.

CDAGRIZ said:
I think once you’ve committed to a school you should have to forsake all others and work odd jobs at your school for free. You should have to give back 10% of your income to that school for the rest of your life. Kids today don’t realize that they owe everything to the school to which they commit. Great job ruining everything, NCAA.

BTW, CDA, I wanted to thank you for the creative Christmas card this year. We greatly enjoyed it!

5-C2-ED95-B-5-CBA-4-D2-F-A9-A3-7334781-D49-F6.png

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

BTW, CDA, I wanted to thank you for the creative Christmas card this year. We greatly enjoyed it!

5-C2-ED95-B-5-CBA-4-D2-F-A9-A3-7334781-D49-F6.png

My pleasure, homie! Happy Holidays!

Oregon 3A is a terrible division with really small schools, there are 5 divisions in OR., this school had to drop down in order to win. Kid might be fine but don't fall in love with the stats, everyone has stats when playing against Sisters of the Blind..

We should be recruiting the Joshua Woods WA Gatorade POY from Graham Kapowsin who just led his team to a Natty with a win over a Georgia team that has the nation's top recruit. Committed to EWU without any bigger offers, waiting to sign until late signing..

juggriz said:
Oregon 3A is a terrible division with really small schools, there are 5 divisions in OR., this school had to drop down in order to win. Kid might be fine but don't fall in love with the stats, everyone has stats when playing against Sisters of the Blind..

We should be recruiting the Joshua Woods WA Gatorade POY from Graham Kapowsin who just led his team to a Natty with a win over a Georgia team that has the nation's top recruit. Committed to EWU without any bigger offers, waiting to sign until late signing..

Why would a kid like that think about the Griz when he can go to EWU and throw it 80 times a game? Our offense seems to just suck more every year. If you want to be a game manager then come on over, I’m afraid we just aren’t a real destination for good aspiring college qbs who like to throw it. Hopefully Huot will be the one, after Brown and Rostad, but I’m thinking he will probably be moved to defense as well like where his dad and uncle played.

Jesse said:
juggriz said:

Why would a kid like that think about the Griz when he can go to EWU and throw it 80 times a game? Our offense seems to just suck more every year. If you want to be a game manager then come on over, I’m afraid we just aren’t a real destination for good aspiring college qbs who like to throw it. Hopefully Huot will be the one, after Brown and Rostad, but I’m thinking he will probably be moved to defense as well like where his dad and uncle played.
Neither Rostad will play QB at UM.

grizfan1984 said:
Jesse said:
Neither Rostad will play QB at UM.

I think you’re probably right. Someone mentioned it last week, but I really wish we’d expand our HS QB recruiting footprint a bit. There are tons of talented kids who go unsigned and could’ve been of service against JMU. IDK if I’ve told the story on here, but one of my best friends was All-CIF and got almost no looks because he was 5’11” and like 170lbs. The schools that offered him had stadiums smaller than his HS and I guess he just decided to focus on school. I took him to a game in Missoula years ago and he was like, “Damn, I wish I knew about this place in HS.” Not saying he would’ve panned out, I never saw him play, but I think All-CIF means something.

I’m all for having Montana kids on the roster, but it might be a good idea to have a guy or two behind center who have faced FBS level talent in HS. Then again, I’m not a coach and know as much about football as I do about giving birth.

juggriz said:

So the kid that earned a scholly from OSU isn't worth the time and effort for UM but the guy that only had an offer from EWU is?

juggriz said:
Yeah, for sure Dante Olson couldn't play at this level.

juggriz said:

I hate this argument. It's 2021, not 1991. There is readily available video on almost every kid out there these days. Nobody scouts box scores anymore. Or at least there is no reason that they should be.

Back