• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Scott Gurnsy on bobcat players behavior after the game...

PlayerRep said:
George Ferguson said:
SACCAT66 said:
PlayerRep said:
Many of the issues occurred on the Griz sideline,the NEZ and at midfield.Sitting behind the Cat bench wouldn't have given you a better view of the bad behavior.

Have you attended all the games in Bozeman? If not, how could you have seen all of what occurred.Tv doesn't show the whole field. It doesn't continue for long after the game is over.

I have been to every CAT/griz game in Bozeman since the 80's...I can say, that since the streak ended, and the rivalry has evened, the griz players have done the same thing on the Cats field, that the Cats did this last weekend. Trumaine Johnson, and about 10 others, flipped off our section (behind the griz bench) and yelled "FTC" (all the words) and planted a flag in the middle of the field...Every time the "Brawl of the wild" trophy has been won by the griz in Bobcat stadium, they have walked it to the student section first...then around the stadium, ending at the griz fans section...They then take it to the 50 yard line (on the Bobcat head) and start a FTG chant again....

SACCAT, honest question, and not saying you are making this up, BUT, how do you feel about Elvis Akpla? After the game you calim Tru flipped off the crowd, Elvis and Tru hugged, prayed together and stayed on the field together for a LONGGG TIME. Their friendship began when Elvis reached out to Tru and Kemp after the tazer incident. Elvis felt they were racially profiled. They then lived together while training for the NFL the following summer. And their friendship continues to this day. Do you think less of Elvis for befriending what you consider a "classless" Griz player? Is he less of a Bobcat hero to you now? I'm honestly curious about that.

I thought the Tru flipping off thing was made up. and had been discredited.

It is not appropriate for any team or player to do some of the things the Cats did.

Sac, were you at the recent game in Missoula? If you weren't, and I don't think you were, how can you even comment on what the Cats did in Missoula?

I was there. 3rd CAT/griz game in Missoula...We are 1-2 when I go there.

For Saccat and his brethren,

Do you support the behavior, or the more extreme behavior, of some of the Cats after the last Griz game?

If so, do you find that the behavior is what you want Cat football, and college football in MT, to known for?

In the athletic codes of conduct, there is language that essentially requires acceptable or good behavior.

Here's the first line of the MSU code of conduct for students:

"Montana State University expects students to maintain acceptable standards of behavior on campus and in the community"

From the UM Athletic Code: "Sportsmanship
On and off the field of competition our staff, athletes and fans will respect the sport, themselves and others. "

More from UM policy:

"That being said, participation in intercollegiate athletics at
the University of Montana is a privilege that carries responsibilities. Because of the public nature of competition, you are more visible to the community than your non-athlete peers.

Through your participation on an athletic team, you become a representative
of the University of Montana and Intercollegiate Athletics. It is expected, therefore, that you will conduct yourself in a manner that brings pride to your team, the department, the campus, and the community. In general, the University expects you to train and
strive for athletic excellence, to demonstrate academic honesty and integrity, to respect your fellow students and athletes, and to conduct yourself as a responsible citizen."

Wait! Pr, you have on multiple occasions vehemently posted you believe that players shouldn’t be held to a higher standard than the average student. Why the apparent sudden change in heart??

EverettGriz said:
Wait! Pr, you have on multiple occasions vehemently posted you believe that players shouldn’t be held to a higher standard than the average student. Why the apparent sudden change in heart??

My view hasn't nothing to do with holding athletes to higher standards than other students off the field. It has everything to do with with respecting the game generally .

So, nothing has changed. I still believe that it is odd that so much emphasis is put on athletic behavior off the field. However, I also know what reality is in this day and age, including in Missoula and Mt.

That being said, I would have the same view on the recent Cat behavior and any similar behavior by the Griz or any team regarding of codes of conduct or expectation in the community for athletic behavior. I believe that the recent Cat behavior disrespects the game of football, the school and the state. I am not trying to hold the Cats or Griz to any higher level of behavior. I want them to respect the game.

My family had opportunity to watch our Air Force nephew play against Navy, at Air Force, and against Army at West Point. Those teams respect the game and their schools. I loved how the winning team went with the losing team to the stand before the losing team's band and fans as the band played the alma mater. Then, both teams went to the winning team's band and listened to the winning team's alma mater.

EverettGriz said:

Did you support Serena's actions at the US Open final?

PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:

I did not. And I didn’t support the cat’s behavior. And I don’t support it when GRIZ players do it.

Nothing's going to change until BH changes. The reason you guys don't like it is because you're being force fed your own cooking. Until he makes a commitment to stop dehumanizing MSU, expect it to continue.

Cledus said:
Nothing's going to change until BH changes. The reason you guys don't like it is because you're being force fed your own cooking. Until he makes a commitment to stop dehumanizing MSU, expect it to continue.

Oh, please.

EverettGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:

I did not. And I didn’t support the cat’s behavior. And I don’t support it when GRIZ players do it.

Good. Then we agree.

https://sports.yahoo.com/dan-mullen-stops-postgame-interview-prevent-florida-players-planting-flag-fsus-logo-223946793.html

That Coach wanted his players to be classy and not parade the flag around :clap:

Brother Bear said:
https://sports.yahoo.com/dan-mullen-stops-postgame-interview-prevent-florida-players-planting-flag-fsus-logo-223946793.html

That Coach wanted his players to be classy and not parade the flag around :clap:
No, he wanted to avoid an all out fight because FSU players were there.

Cledus said:
Whatever you say snowflake.

The.Real.2506 said:
Its hilarous to think a guy with a FTC tattoo is talking about "class"
Couldn't be more accurate...Gurnsey has always been a Griz homer with a big mouth...really questionable at times whether he should even have access to a live mic.

Too many Griz fans on this board with entitlement and drama queen issues. And yes I played the game. Get over your pussy selves to whom it applies. I will be a Montana fan this coming weekend although not expecting a positive outcome.

PlayerRep said:
Cledus said:

Oh, please.

He's right. So how do you feel about Hauck's comments and actions towards the Bobcats? Like refusing to call us Montana State because we don't deserve to have "Montana" in our name. Saying he wished there were five quarters so he could kick our asses some more. Making the team stay in Livingston so they didn't spent the $$ in Bozeman. Saying he was going to kick the Cat's asses and then smoke a cigar on our 50 yard line? There are many many others.

poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Cledus said:

Oh, please.

He's right. So how do you feel about Hauck's comments and actions towards the Bobcats? Like refusing to call us Montana State because we don't deserve to have "Montana" in our name. Saying he wished there were five quarters so he could kick our asses some more. Making the team stay in Livingston so they didn't spent the $$ in Bozeman. Saying he was going to kick the Cat's asses and then smoke a cigar on our 50 yard line? There are many many others.

...good grief! Bobby still playing inside your heads?

EverettGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:

I'm sure I'm not alone among Cat fans in saying that I don't support this behavior either. I don't care what the jersey color is. The only reason any of us are on here defending our kids is to point out the massive hypocrisy in some of the fans on here. I personally want to see FTG-FTC DIE A QUICK DEATH. It's not really that clever or imaginative. It's just vulgar..

BTW, POOOR GRIZZLIES!!😀😀😀👍

grizghost said:
poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Cledus said:

Oh, please.

...good grief! Bobby still playing inside your heads?

Hey, I have no problem with any of that! I absolutely love the rivalry and Bobby is good for it because he hates the Cats so much! Granted, I can't see Choate ever making comments like Bobby has made in the past but he definitely understands the rivalry and knows how important it is to win that game. I also have no problem with players dancing around and celebrating the win, flipping off the crowd, parading the Divide trophy around, whatever. Sure it's kind of immature but these are college kids having a good time and blowing off steam after putting their blood and guts, sweat, and tears into this game. IMO teams cross the line from time to time and they need to be held accountable for that. For example the NAU player that literally took a real axe to our new turf in Bozeman. That's a bit overboard IMO and they did have to pay us for it. :evil: :evil:

poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Cledus said:

Oh, please.

That's great. I like what Hauck does and how it gets into the heads of people like you.

Dehumanizing? Now that is pretty funny. You guys sound like democrats. Bobby dehumanizes us Cats. This makes our players, or some of them, misbehave after games when we win. It's Bobby's fault, not ours or our players. Jeez, take some responsibility.

Walkon79 said:
EverettGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:

I'm sure I'm not alone among Cat fans in saying that I don't support this behavior either. I don't care what the jersey color is. The only reason any of us are on here defending our kids is to point out the massive hypocrisy in some of the fans on here. I personally want to see FTG-FTC DIE A QUICK DEATH. It's not really that clever or imaginative. It's just vulgar..

BTW, POOOR GRIZZLIES!!😀😀😀👍

X 1,000. I agree, class on both sides has been gone for a long time now. I miss the good old days when you knocked them down, helped them up and lined up and did it again. Respect!!

Back