• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Scott Gurnsy on bobcat players behavior after the game...

GriznBigfork said:
As a former player myself I did not like Mr Gurnsey going down to match the level a some of the Cat players.

In his position he should have used a little more professionalism. Could he have called out the players actions sure, but to call the entire team classless was to far.

I am an old man and I realize I came from a different era. I know I would not have been as successful as I was if I did not learn to take a deep breath before responding to actions or words of others.

Mr Player Rep you can call me an idiot for my opinion as you are entitled to free speech, but maybe sometimes you should reread your posts before hitting enter because many times you come off as an idiot.

You are welcome to your opinion. I am entitled to mine, and I stand by it.

I am glad Gurns called out the extreme aspects of the Cat behavior. Someone needs to do that, and he's as good as anyone else to do. That type of behavior should not be tolerated.

ilovethecats said:
I have seen players stomp on the cat. I have seen players spit on the cat. I have seen griz players jam a griz flag in the cat. I have seen griz players flip me off. I have seen griz coaches flip me off. I have seen griz players and coaches together chant FTC to our crowd. I have seen griz players walk the divide trophy around our stadium talking trash.

Aside from these things what were cat players doing this weekend that was worse than these things? I’m genuinely asking.

First, I don't believe you. Second, I have never seen any team's players do what some Cats did after the game. If you want to defend that kind of behavior, have at it. It reflects poorly on the Cat program, as well as yourself.

ilovethecats said:
I have seen players stomp on the cat. I have seen players spit on the cat. I have seen griz players jam a griz flag in the cat. I have seen griz players flip me off. I have seen griz coaches flip me off. I have seen griz players and coaches together chant FTC to our crowd. I have seen griz players walk the divide trophy around our stadium talking trash.

Aside from these things what were cat players doing this weekend that was worse than these things? I’m genuinely asking.

Oh Jesus. You're just scratching the surface of things I've seen and heard from griz players coaches and fans. I"m actually pretty surprised PR is taking this approach here, unless he's truly claiming ignorance in thinking griz players don't participate in those types of celebrations after a griz win. Give me a fukcing break. And to have Scott Gurnsey call someone else out for classless behavior? That's funny. I can't count the number of times he has laughed ON AIR when players on opposing teams get hurt. And yes, he also did ON AIR threaten to beat a fan to death with a plunger. Lastly, he did comment ON AIR about a certain RB that was pounding the shit out of the griz, that he "Hopes he breaks his leg." And yes PR I 100 percent applaud Jason for his comments and calling our Gurnsey for using his public forum to call en entire program classless and encouraging recruits to choose "Big Brother" UM over MSU. That's ridiculous and he obviously just went on a tirade because the griz lost. Choate has more class than Bobby Hauck I can promise you that, unless Bobby really has matured and gained more class throughout the years.

I'm OK with the players rushing the field in celebration. I'm not a fan of throwing your helmets but that's because my coaches taught us that your helmet is your most expensive and important piece of equipment you have. We got in serious trouble if we sat on it or ever lost track of it. I feel bad for kids that play at a school that doesn't have a rivalry game like Cat Griz. That was a great game and both schools should be proud. I was hit in the face with a snowball warming up for a Cat Griz game in Bozeman. I didn't give the stick finger salute to the Cat fans. Hell I thought it was a hell of a throw. I did take offense to the MSU players that rushed the field giving the finger to the fans. Most of the fans were from the State of Montana and it's their taxes that are funding these programs. There's not need for this crap.

I think it’s impossible for Gurnsey to not be biased in this circumstance, especially after such an intense, emotional ending. He shed blood, sweat and tears as a griz player and is emotionally invested in the team. He was sour about the loss and probably spoke without really thinking it through. Does not mean he is a bad guy and I certainly don’t think he is. I have been to many Cat/Griz games over the years in both stadiums. I personally didn’t see any difference in celebration from any other year or either team. I know how emotionally invested we as fans get, so I can’t imagine what it was like to have played in the game. I know at that age, I acted more on emotions than I did logic. Thank God that changed as I got older. I hope everyone can give the Cats, Scott Gurnsey and everyone else a bit of a break on this. I’m guessing everyone involved is not as bad or good as they portrayed in the heat of the moment.

All this discussion about "class."

Seems like a pretty subjective matter and an exercise in futility.

It's fun watching you guys stick and move tho!

Happy Turkey Day you bunch of weirdos😁

If gurnsy was so upset with the actions of the cats I wonder what his reaction was to the actions of sambrano and Johnson at the end of the Montana and uni game in 2011.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25328943/espn-college-football-haters-guide-rivalry-week

I suppose it's time to let the indignant folks know what other teams fans and coaches have done in rivalries. All in all I'd say our schools involved in the Montana Super Bowl are relatively tame and respectful of each other. The ESPN article shows just a bit what other rivalry games have seen. I'd venture to say the old Butte-Butte Central games had more pure hate than the MSU-UM game does.

poorgriz said:
ilovethecats said:

Oh Jesus. You're just scratching the surface of things I've seen and heard from griz players coaches and fans. I"m actually pretty surprised PR is taking this approach here, unless he's truly claiming ignorance in thinking griz players don't participate in those types of celebrations after a griz win. Give me a fukcing break. And to have Scott Gurnsey call someone else out for classless behavior? That's funny. I can't count the number of times he has laughed ON AIR when players on opposing teams get hurt. And yes, he also did ON AIR threaten to beat a fan to death with a plunger. Lastly, he did comment ON AIR about a certain RB that was pounding the shit out of the griz, that he "Hopes he breaks his leg." And yes PR I 100 percent applaud Jason for his comments and calling our Gurnsey for using his public forum to call en entire program classless and encouraging recruits to choose "Big Brother" UM over MSU. That's ridiculous and he obviously just went on a tirade because the griz lost. Choate has more class than Bobby Hauck I can promise you that, unless Bobby really has matured and gained more class throughout the years.

Like I said, I support the Gurns on this one. Someone needs to call out the Cat's behavior. Can't believe you would support that behavior. The Carroll announcer was out of line. The rest of you are idiots, in my view.

Mich Griz said:
I'm OK with the players rushing the field in celebration. I'm not a fan of throwing your helmets but that's because my coaches taught us that your helmet is your most expensive and important piece of equipment you have. We got in serious trouble if we sat on it or ever lost track of it. I feel bad for kids that play at a school that doesn't have a rivalry game like Cat Griz. That was a great game and both schools should be proud. I was hit in the face with a snowball warming up for a Cat Griz game in Bozeman. I didn't give the stick finger salute to the Cat fans. Hell I thought it was a hell of a throw. I did take offense to the MSU players that rushed the field giving the finger to the fans. Most of the fans were from the State of Montana and it's their taxes that are funding these programs. There's not need for this crap.

My guess is that the players giving the finger and doing the other crap, were not from MT.

Hey, I have supported the Cats and their coaches more than any other poster this season, and I as right. I know and like TG. I have met Choate and like him.

Sorry, but I now have a different view of the Cat team. I hope that Choate and TG rein in their guys. I will probably weigh in at some point with the Pres and the coaches.

PlayerRep said:
Hey, I have supported the Cats and their coaches more than any other poster this season, and I as right. I know and like TG. I have met Choate and like him.

Sorry, but I now have a different view of the Cat team. I hope that Choate and TG rein in their guys. I will probably weigh in at some point with the Pres and the coaches.
I'm certain that will make them straighten up and fly right.

braves84 said:
If gurnsy was so upset with the actions of the cats I wonder what his reaction was to the actions of sambrano and Johnson at the end of the Montana and uni game in 2011.

Yeah! Gosh, I wonder too. I mean, I've been waiting for almost nine years for someone to talk about Johnson and Sambrano after the UNI game in 2011, and what a local radio broadcaster heard in literally dozens of counties might think about those things.

PlayerRep said:
Jason Walker must be an idiot. What he said about Gurnsey is classless too. Just like some of the Cat players. I generally agree with Gurnsey that some of the Cat players were classless. I don't really care, but that doesn't mean they behaved well.

f*** Jason Walker. Jason, you should look in the mirror.

You sir don't know Jason Walker. I suggest you shut your f-ing trap. For the record, my neighbor played with Guernsey and disagreed with every word he said.

grizbrokebacker1 said:
PlayerRep said:
Jason Walker must be an idiot. What he said about Gurnsey is classless too. Just like some of the Cat players. I generally agree with Gurnsey that some of the Cat players were classless. I don't really care, but that doesn't mean they behaved well.

You sir don't know Jason Walker. I suggest you shut your f-ing trap. For the record, my neighbor played with Guernsey and disagreed with every word he said.

Jason Walker can go to the city dump. You know it. I know it. PR knows it. Bob Dole knows it. My neighbor's friend is friends with your neighbor's friend, and he said Jackson Waller is a fucking hack.

This is a really dumb thread. Wow! Do you really think Griz fans are any different than Cat fans. There are always a few fans from each school that makes fools out of themselves!🤠👍😀🐪

bigsky33 said:
This is a really dumb thread. Wow! Do you really think Griz fans are any different than Cat fans. There are always a few fans from each school that makes fools out of themselves!🤠👍😀🐪

Totally agree. I'm completely fine with Bobcat players unsuccessfully stabbing a blunt object into the Grizzly bear at midfield after their win. They deserved it. You can't hate on players for parading around awkwardly after winning their Super Bowl. I think we can stop with the rumors about Bobcat players throwing fecal matter and urinating in the tunnel. That's just EWU stuff.

CDAGRIZ said:
grizbrokebacker1 said:
PlayerRep said:

Jason Walker can go to the city dump. You know it. I know it. PR knows it. Bob Dole knows it. My neighbor's friend is friends with your neighbor's friend, and he said Jackson Waller is a f***[*] hack.
Classless

PlayerRep said:

Well if you really set out on a mission to change what players are allowed to do, make sure you're clear it should apply to both teams, because the griz have done the EXACT same rhing, and in my view, worse things. Oh, and Waded won't be bullied with some bullshit opinion about sportsmanship in the best college football rivalry in the country. She will tell you to stick it up your ass.

grizbrokebacker1 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
grizbrokebacker1 said:
PlayerRep said:

Jason Walker can go to the city dump. You know it. I know it. PR knows it. Bob Dole knows it. My neighbor's friend is friends with your neighbor's friend, and he said Jackson Waller is a f***[*] hack.
Classless

Say that to your friend's neighbor's friend's friend's face. He will tell you in no uncertain terms that Jalen Willer decreases the value of paper when he writes upon it, and makes advertisers run for the hills on his basement circle jerk YouTube/Vimeo thing.

Back