• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Scott Gurnsy on bobcat players behavior after the game...

PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:
I have seen players stomp on the cat. I have seen players spit on the cat. I have seen griz players jam a griz flag in the cat. I have seen griz players flip me off. I have seen griz coaches flip me off. I have seen griz players and coaches together chant FTC to our crowd. I have seen griz players walk the divide trophy around our stadium talking trash.

Aside from these things what were cat players doing this weekend that was worse than these things? I’m genuinely asking.

First, I don't believe you. Second, I have never seen any team's players do what some Cats did after the game. If you want to defend that kind of behavior, have at it. It reflects poorly on the Cat program, as well as yourself.
Lol. Ok Jack. I don’t care if you believe me with all due respect. I’ve seen this stuff plenty of times over the years but especially in ‘15 after the griz spanked the Cats. And I’m on record saying that I don’t get too worked up over it.

I guess ignorance is bliss! I don’t believe the cats did any of the stuff people are saying. I’ve never seen any teams do any of the stuff I’ve seen griz teams do...

This is actually nice! I didn’t see it. I don’t believe it! Hoping this works in all aspects of life besides fcs college football!

ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:
I have seen players stomp on the cat. I have seen players spit on the cat. I have seen griz players jam a griz flag in the cat. I have seen griz players flip me off. I have seen griz coaches flip me off. I have seen griz players and coaches together chant FTC to our crowd. I have seen griz players walk the divide trophy around our stadium talking trash.

Aside from these things what were cat players doing this weekend that was worse than these things? I’m genuinely asking.

First, I don't believe you. Second, I have never seen any team's players do what some Cats did after the game. If you want to defend that kind of behavior, have at it. It reflects poorly on the Cat program, as well as yourself.
Lol. Ok Jack. I don’t care if you believe me with all due respect. I’ve seen this stuff plenty of times over the years but especially in ‘15 after the griz spanked the Cats. And I’m on record saying that I don’t get too worked up over it.

I guess ignorance is bliss! I don’t believe the cats did any of the stuff people are saying. I’ve never seen any teams do any of the stuff I’ve seen griz teams do...

This is actually nice! I didn’t see it. I don’t believe it! Hoping this works in all aspects of life besides fcs college football!

giphy.gif

The cat player flipping off the crowd should should be an automatic disqualifier. In my opinion the extracurricular crap after the game should be addressed by both coaches. To be excited about the win is great and parading around with the trophy is great but taunting the student section, flipping off the crowd and other displays of aggression should be stopped by both schools. In the off season Bodnar and Cruzado should communicate to the AD’s such juvenile delinquent behavior won’t be tolerated.
Secondly to ilovethecats. IMO using people’s names on any board is not cool.

nzone said:
The cat player flipping off the crowd should should be an automatic disqualifier. In my opinion the extracurricular crap after the game should be addressed by both coaches. To be excited about the win is great and parading around with the trophy is great but taunting the student section, flipping off the crowd and other displays of aggression should be stopped by both schools. In the off season Bodnar and Cruzado should communicate to the AD’s such juvenile delinquent behavior won’t be tolerated.

This thread keeps getting more and more asinine! GGNez needs to weigh in on this discussion immediately because to think a ring knocker baseball player from Hudson High is going to intervene in post game celebration behavior is a sign CTE has set in on some of the posters here! Think about it. Hudson High is famous for kidnapping the Naval Academy's goat for Christ's sake and everyone fully understands what a military cadet uses a goat for!

God! That imagery is as bad as thinking about what U.Utah Phillips said about scarcity of women, Montana men and sheep! Somehow this reminds me of middle school kids saying to a teacher "I'm not the only one!" when assigned detention for miscreant behavior. Anybody ever heard of a student body cheering section throwing potatoes at a visiting basketball team? Somebody told my neighbor's wifes sister-in-laws cousin's aunt that Guernsey and a lawyer who could not get into Harvard or Yale Law School started the potatoe throwing at that school. Not that I believe any such rumors would ever be substantiated because, well, you know most lawyers go to college simply to refine their innate mendacious, perfidious tendencies.

https://www-espn-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25351155/4-players-ejected-ole-miss-miss-state-game-fight?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&platform=amp#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.espn.com%2Fcollege-football%2Fstory%2F_%2Fid%2F25351155%2F4-players-ejected-ole-miss-miss-state-game-fight

They need a lawyer to intervene immediately and review that last play! Did a coach call timeout prior to the end of the quarter? If so, was the coach in the "box?" Whose aunt's sister-in-law cousin's announcer felt the players ejected were all at fault and therefore one team ought to have had their entire team disqualified...

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
nzone said:

This thread keeps getting more and more asinine! GGNez needs to weigh in on this discussion immediately because to think a ring knocker baseball player from Hudson High is going to intervene in post game celebration behavior is a sign CTE has set in on some of the posters here! Think about it. Hudson High is famous for kidnapping the Naval Academy's goat for Christ's sake and everyone fully understands what a military cadet uses a goat for!

God! That imagery is as bad as thinking about what U.Utah Phillips said about scarcity of women, Montana men and sheep! Somehow this reminds me of middle school kids saying to a teacher "I'm not the only one!" when assigned detention for miscreant behavior. Anybody ever heard of a student body cheering section throwing potatoes at a visiting basketball team? Somebody told my neighbor's wifes sister-in-laws cousin's aunt that Guernsey and a lawyer who could not get into Harvard or Yale Law School started the potatoe throwing at that school. Not that I believe any such rumors would ever be substantiated because, well, you know most lawyers go to college simply to refine their innate mendacious, perfidious tendencies.

"My Gawd boys..that's Moose-Turd Pie!.......It's good though."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zb1qsVqjwg

ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:

Did you even go to the game last Saturday? I assume not.

PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:

Did you even go to the game last Saturday? I assume not.
You would assume incorrectly. But that’s ok too!

One other point on this dumb discussion. If any of the Cat players did in fact step over the "sportsmanship" line, perhaps it was justified. They may have been venting frustration after getting hit with a bag of human feces thrown by a griz fan.

Do you work ilovethecats or just troll rivals message boards. Seriously you need a life, wife or both. Most people have moved on from last Saturday why don’t you.

:clap: a
grizatwork said:
I sit behind their bench. I don't think they did anything we haven't done when we were in Bozeman. Much ado about nothing. Don't like it, defend your home field.

:clap:

Walkon79 said:
grizatwork said:
I sit behind their bench. I don't think they did anything we haven't done when we were in Bozeman. Much ado about nothing. Don't like it, defend your home field.

Many of the issues occurred on the Griz sideline,the NEZ and at midfield.Sitting behind the Cat bench wouldn't have given you a better view of the bad behavior.

Have you attended all the games in Bozeman? If not, how could you have seen all of what occurred.Tv doesn't show the whole field. It doesn't continue for long after the game is over.

I hated watching what I saw the cat players do. It was juvenile, it was classless, and it pissed me off.

That said, if you’re a GRIZ player or coach, get tougher and don’t allow it to happen again. To the victor goes the spoils. Want it to stop? Coach better. Play better. Be tougher.

EverettGriz said:
I hated watching what I saw the cat players do. It was juvenile, it was classless, and it pissed me off.

That said, if you’re a GRIZ player or coach, get tougher and don’t allow it to happen again. To the victor goes the spoils. Want it to stop? Coach better. Play better. Be tougher.

I'd like it stop, but I don't get to play or coach. So, I will complain on the internet and to various state and university administrators. It applies to both teams.

PlayerRep said:
Walkon79 said:
grizatwork said:

Many of the issues occurred on the Griz sideline,the NEZ and at midfield.Sitting behind the Cat bench wouldn't have given you a better view of the bad behavior.

Have you attended all the games in Bozeman? If not, how could you have seen all of what occurred.Tv doesn't show the whole field. It doesn't continue for long after the game is over.

I have been to every CAT/griz game in Bozeman since the 80's...I can say, that since the streak ended, and the rivalry has evened, the griz players have done the same thing on the Cats field, that the Cats did this last weekend. Trumaine Johnson, and about 10 others, flipped off our section (behind the griz bench) and yelled "FTC" (all the words) and planted a flag in the middle of the field...Every time the "Brawl of the wild" trophy has been won by the griz in Bobcat stadium, they have walked it to the student section first...then around the stadium, ending at the griz fans section...They then take it to the 50 yard line (on the Bobcat head) and start a FTG chant again....

SACCAT66 said:
PlayerRep said:
Walkon79 said:
grizatwork said:

I have been to every CAT/griz game in Bozeman since the 80's...I can say, that since the streak ended, and the rivalry has evened, the griz players have done the same thing on the Cats field, that the Cats did this last weekend. Trumaine Johnson, and about 10 others, flipped off our section (behind the griz bench) and yelled "FTC" (all the words) and planted a flag in the middle of the field...Every time the "Brawl of the wild" trophy has been won by the griz in Bobcat stadium, they have walked it to the student section first...then around the stadium, ending at the griz fans section...They then take it to the 50 yard line (on the Bobcat head) and start a FTG chant again....
Of course they have. I can't understand the cowardly little pussies that say otherwise. Nobody can even remember the bus tipping incidents that use to occur between Butte central an Butte high back on the day. People are such snowflakes these days. I've seen all kinds of fights and bad blood between hs rivalries that ended with missing teeth that were patched up the next day.
Times have certainly changed.

bigkid said:
Do you work ilovethecats or just troll rivals message boards. Seriously you need a life, wife or both. Most people have moved on from last Saturday why don’t you.

I do work. Love my job. Maybe too much free time I admit. Surprised you’re calling me out but that’s ok.

To answer your questions, I guess I do need a life. I spend too much time following all sports, especially the cats and griz. I suppose there are worse things I could spend my time on.

My wife presumably falls in the same category. She ALSO thinks I probably focus too much of my attention on these boards. I apologize. It’s my entertainment.

Again, not sure what I said to make you mad. But it’s all good! Hope your thanksgiving was well.

SACCAT66 said:
PlayerRep said:
Walkon79 said:
grizatwork said:

SACCAT, honest question, and not saying you are making this up, BUT, how do you feel about Elvis Akpla? After the game you calim Tru flipped off the crowd, Elvis and Tru hugged, prayed together and stayed on the field together for a LONGGG TIME. Their friendship began when Elvis reached out to Tru and Kemp after the tazer incident. Elvis felt they were racially profiled. They then lived together while training for the NFL the following summer. And their friendship continues to this day. Do you think less of Elvis for befriending what you consider a "classless" Griz player? Is he less of a Bobcat hero to you now? I'm honestly curious about that.

George Ferguson said:
SACCAT66 said:
PlayerRep said:
Walkon79 said:

SACCAT, honest question, and not saying you are making this up, BUT, how do you feel about Elvis Akpla? After the game you calim Tru flipped off the crowd, Elvis and Tru hugged, prayed together and stayed on the field together for a LONGGG TIME. Their friendship began when Elvis reached out to Tru and Kemp after the tazer incident. Elvis felt they were racially profiled. They then lived together while training for the NFL the following summer. And their friendship continues to this day. Do you think less of Elvis for befriending what you consider a "classless" Griz player? Is he less of a Bobcat hero to you now? I'm honestly curious about that.

Nope, and I also dont think less of Trumaine...None of it really bothers me at all. Like someone else said, if you dont like it, then win. Players can do whatever they want after the game, they are the ones that were hitting and catching and throwing. My issue is when fans start saying both sides dont do it, when they clearly do. I was just following up on player reps comment of "have you seen it"...The answer is yes...

George Ferguson said:
SACCAT66 said:
PlayerRep said:
Walkon79 said:

I thought the Tru flipping off thing was made up. and had been discredited.

It is not appropriate for any team or player to do some of the things the Cats did.

Sac, were you at the recent game in Missoula? If you weren't, and I don't think you were, how can you even comment on what the Cats did in Missoula?

Back