• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sentinel is adding a game changer..

NitrousRMK said:
Lee didn't and doesn't want to play RB. He is afraid that he will get hurt. Head Coaches records? Don't think he has any.
His 10 touchdowns in a single game in 1987 puts him in an a 8 way tie for a national 8-man football record.

grizfnz said:
NitrousRMK said:
Lee didn't and doesn't want to play RB. He is afraid that he will get hurt. Head Coaches records? Don't think he has any.
His 10 touchdowns in a single game in 1987 puts him in an a 8 way tie for a national 8-man football record.

I certainly hope you cleared this with the prof before posting. If it's actually true, it makes it even worse, I think. I'm still learning.

CDAGRIZ said:
grizfnz said:
NitrousRMK said:

I certainly hope you cleared this with the prof before posting. If it's actually true, it makes it even worse, I think. I'm still learning.

i take it all back. you have found your place in the world.

argh! said:
CDAGRIZ said:
grizfnz said:
NitrousRMK said:

i take it all back. you have found your place in the world.

Thanks, argh! It means a lot. :thumb:

NitrousRMK said:

http://www.hudl.com/profile/9844929/Jaxon-Lee

It didn't seem like he was afraid to run the ball. I guess I could be wrong but watching him take over the game when the ball was in his hands was pretty impressive to watch. Granted it's against 8 man football players and AA is going to be an eye opener. With another year of strength and conditioning, I think we'll all be crossing our fingers that coach Hauck gets a hold of him. Offense or defense, I think he's got a bright future and Sentinel is the perfect place to find out. Proof is on the tape right? Check it out.

I think it would be very interesting to know how many Montana kids have made the NFL from AA, A, B, and C? I know I don’t have the time, but Montana has produced quite a few of 8 man players, and I would think because of democratic , we would sit fairly high vs other small states in this category? Just curious but all those numbers would be interesting.

keena52 said:
I think it would be very interesting to know how many Montana kids have made the NFL from AA, A, B, and C? I know I don’t have the time, but Montana has produced quite a few of 8 man players, and I would think because of democratic , we would sit fairly high vs other small states in this category? Just curious but all those numbers would be interesting.

Damn typo. Demographic not democratic. Bad

keena52 said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/friv/birthplaces.cgi?country=USA&state=MT

grizfnz said:
keena52 said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/friv/birthplaces.cgi?country=USA&state=MT
Only one last name shows up on that list three times.
Coincidentally, Jax just so happens to have that blood in his veins, too

grizfnz said:
keena52 said:

Thanks. It list where they were born. Casey grew up in Chester 8 man. They have Chase right, but they are missing Curry Valier, Spencer from Scobey, and I know I’m missing 1 or 2 others. Pretty impressive for small school kids.

Is this the same coach that called a timeout at the end of a game so Barrett Stanghill could tie the 10 touchdown record? Makes perfect sense.

NitrousRMK said:
Is this the same coach that called a timeout at the end of a game so Barrett Stanghill could tie the 10 touchdown record? Makes perfect sense.
:lol: IDK, are you the same?
I realize it’s a small town but I think it’s crazy that one guy can wear so many hats. I believe he is the head coach, principal, and I think AD, and/or counselor and teacher. That sounds like the definition of an “overlord” to me. Oh yeah, and his kid’s the QB.
This is at least the second star athlete to recently transfer from there to AA for their senior season (Estes the cat WR)

Mo$$ said:
PlayerRep said:
Why is he moving to Missoula or going to Sentinel?

1. As Vim has stated, I believe he's been leaning towards moving up to 11 man to show that he can play with a higher level of competition. He is on the radar with some larger programs outside of the state after attending a camp or two last summer. Herm Edwards and crew being one of them.

2. Small town politics. It's not worth going into too much detail but there's a direct correlation between the number of times he touched the ball and how many points the Titans scored. Had he been allowed to carry the rock at RB (instead of WR) more than he did, he would have broken some records, including the head coaches...

Not sure where you are getting your information about small town politics. But I seriously doubt Cutler or JC Holland would hold him up from getting more touches. I am sure it was simply to get more exposure for playing 11 man. To bad he decided to pick sentinel. I haven’t seen anything has been impressive about any of the AA Missoula schools. Kind of funny that Sentinal has to recruit players from out of town for Basketball and Football. I can’t wait for Hellgate to beat Sentinal this coming football season. If Hellgate would have made a few plays against Sentinal this last season they would have beat them. Big Sky was pretty close to beating them also. But none of them even made the playoffs this last season.

CDAGRIZ said:
argh! said:
CDAGRIZ said:
argh! said:
jeezus, can you finds some new jokes? i'm all for recycling, but sometimes you gotta pitch it in the garbage.

I didn't attempt to make a joke.

well if you think so, that's even worse.

Not sure I follow, but fair enough.

6kGD.gif

zootownrox said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Mo$$ said:
PlayerRep said:
Why is he moving to Missoula or going to Sentinel?

1. As Vim has stated, I believe he's been leaning towards moving up to 11 man to show that he can play with a higher level of competition. He is on the radar with some larger programs outside of the state after attending a camp or two last summer. Herm Edwards and crew being one of them.

2. Small town politics. It's not worth going into too much detail but there's a direct correlation between the number of times he touched the ball and how many points the Titans scored. Had he been allowed to carry the rock at RB (instead of WR) more than he did, he would have broken some records, including the head coaches...

#2 is ridiculous if true.
Best of luck to the young man!

#2 is ridiculous, but not surprising. I remember there being a lot of stupid politics involved in high school football when I played at a small school back in the day.

How about the coach insisting to run it "up the gut" when you are playing 6 man football with the state 200M 3rd placer as WR. :lol:

PhxGriz said:
zootownrox said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Mo$$ said:

#2 is ridiculous, but not surprising. I remember there being a lot of stupid politics involved in high school football when I played at a small school back in the day.

How about the coach insisting to run it "up the gut" when you are playing 6 man football with the state 200M 3rd placer as WR. :lol:

8-Man

VimSince03 said:
PhxGriz said:
zootownrox said:
CDAGRIZ said:

8-Man

That was my experience. We were sharing small town coach stories.

PhxGriz said:
VimSince03 said:
PhxGriz said:
zootownrox said:

8-Man

That was my experience. We were sharing small town coach stories.

Ah. Misinterpreted it.

But yeah. Running up the gut builds character....or something.

MO$$, let's get to the facts. He had plenty of "touches" this year! Only close game all season was Shelby, and they needed his speed at receiver as they had a huge defensive line. Titans already had a very, very good running back in Colby Manley. Biased much???

Back