• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sentinel is adding a game changer..

Plenty of touches!? He averaged 3 pass attempts per game, whether the ball got there or not! Colby Marley was a great RB, and he did his job exceptionally for the first half of every game. But, when u don't get playing time your scholarship chances decline. Lucky for him Rocky finally offered him today. Cutler acts like it's a team sport, but it's really all about him. He is looking at his win column before he worries about stats and his players. Anybody check out maxpreps to see what the stats of the titans players were? Don't look too hard, there isn't any. 4 seniors on 2 state championship teams and 1 finally got an offer today!?

Badjuji, it is a team sport and that is way the Titans played it this year! You would find NO Titans’ fans that would agree with you! Titans would have beat GF Central without Mr. Lee as they dominated both the offensive and defensive lines of scrimmage! With said, Mr. Lee was the best athlete and player on the field that day! Manley was good for first halves because that is all he played during the regular season and two playoff games because of the lopsided scores.

That was just an outside perception. I know they blew everyone away this year, but looking at it from a players point of a view, I would be a little worried as the season progressed. Coaching staff is incredible. No doubt about that.

granitegriz said:
Badjuji, it is a team sport and that is way the Titans played it this year! You would find NO Titans’ fans that would agree with you! Titans would have beat GF Central without Mr. Lee as they dominated both the offensive and defensive lines of scrimmage! With said, Mr. Lee was the best athlete and player on the field that day! Manley was good for first halves because that is all he played during the regular season and two playoff games because of the lopsided scores.

Titans were the best team, by far. Horton made a huge mistake not throwing more. 8 in the box and they still ran too much. I would have like to have seen what could have happened had the Mustangs not thrown 3 INT's in the endzone and catch one just a step out of the back....ooh if's and but's were candy and nuts....

JFC, this kid is 16, maybe 17 years old. Probably not much younger than your posts suggest. Or, maybe you have your eye on an eighth grader somewhere. Could entice him with the promise of scholly, T-shirt and cap, then close the deal with three or four candy bars. :roll:

Tourist, I don’t think you get it. Your 1950s approach to recruiting doesn’t cut it these days.
Cats have already shown this kid love, early and often. Prior to turning 17. Griz are way behind now. In similar situations in the past, the Griz could sneak in late with a matching offer and steal the recruit away. Doubt that’ll work this time.

Fellas, the kittens and the Griz have way different recruiting philosophies.

kittens... more like spaghetti (throw high) on the wall, offer many (last year over 150) and see if players commit via showing early love

Griz... get them in camp, talk to them directly and offer only the chosen few.

Both ways work and have problems...

Personally if I was a coach I'd like to see him in action at Sentinel (Or at least at camp this summer) before I threw him a bone.

I was told he has been going to the griz camps since he was in 7th grade. They've seen him. Again, I wouldn't wait too long. The cats are showing a lot of love and interest. It would suck you lose to the cats again just bcuz they were looking out of state.

Badjuju said:
I was told he has been going to the griz camps since he was in 7th grade. They've seen him. Again, I wouldn't wait too long. The cats are showing a lot of love and interest. It would suck you lose to the cats again just bcuz they were looking out of state.

Relax.... If he's that good he will get an offer.

Badjuju said:

I know....I just hate how Hauck ignores the in-state kids.

Stop traffic. Could it be that the staff would like to see what this young man can do in a regulation football game before offering him? I know it might sound crazy...

Prediction!!!! With a throwing offense, he kills it! I dont think things will be much different coming up from 8 man. It's a much faster game. Speed kills!

I’m not sure when Junior day is but I’m guessing we will start to see a few offers trickle in after that like they always do, not sure what position Jaxon will play if he plays RB he will likely be competing for a scholarship to either school with the likes of Demarcus Carr and a few other RBs as this class has quite a few good RBs. If he comes in at WR that’s more likely to be a drop off in talent in the state and might only have to compete with Oran Nash-Bergen but I could see them both getting offers. I hope this doesn’t turn into the same situation as it did with Mark Estes I’m almost sure we didn’t offer and he ended up going to msu, very similar story to transferring to an AA school to play and both from Drummond

grizfan1984 said:
I’m not sure when Junior day is but I’m guessing we will start to see a few offers trickle in after that like they always do, not sure what position Jaxon will play if he plays RB he will likely be competing for a scholarship to either school with the likes of Demarcus Carr and a few other RBs as this class has quite a few good RBs. If he comes in at WR that’s more likely to be a drop off in talent in the state and might only have to compete with Oran Nash-Bergen but I could see them both getting offers. I hope this doesn’t turn into the same situation as it did with Mark Estes I’m almost sure we didn’t offer and he ended up going to msu, very similar story to transferring to an AA school to play and both from Drummond

All good points. Carr is my #2 player in the state over Jaxon.
A couple corrections. We did offer Estes but he shut down recruiting fairly early on. He wanted to go to MSU. Also, Jaxon was living in Phillipsburg, not Drummond. Anyone from there will correct you on that, lol.

dayday said:
A couple corrections. We did offer Estes but he shut down recruiting fairly early on. He wanted to go to MSU. Also, Jaxon was living in Phillipsburg, not Drummond. Anyone from there will correct you on that, lol.

Attention to details. :thumb: Well done.

Back