• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sneed vs. Bauman

ABQCat said:
bobcatfan123 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bobcatfan123 said:
I think it's a little to early to start having this conversation. If Bauman is even close to being as good as Sneed I would be happy as hell. But to be honest, as fans we shouldn't be expecting a freshman to come in and perform as well as one of the best Senior QB's in the conference on day 1. Not really fair to Bauman who hasn't even started his first game yet. Sneed is a proven commodity. Even close to average OL play and he might set the BSC on fire. On the other hand, Bauman will have one of the best O-Lines and probably the best RB corps in the Big Sky. Even with all that help my expectations are that he can manage games and keep defenses honest with his passing. Anything surpassing those expectations would be a bonus.

If Sneed had our offense (oline and rb's) he would be tough to stop. His style of play somewhat reminds me of Lulay. The QB comparison isn't even close at this point.

That's just it, right? Has Bauman even received Player of the Day yet? I don't doubt that he will be a serviceable QB, but let's let the fella get a few PODs before we start calling him the next Rob Compson.

ha Good stuff CDA. Ill keep you posted on Bauman's POD status.
Hmm. That's my schtick. There's enormous satisfaction in demonstrating that CDA is actually a good Cat fan with some insightful Bobcat posts. I already filed a post-it to let him know as soon as CB wins PoD. His response will be priceless.

18eqnudyq2h1qjpg.jpg

PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:
and the griz had about a .00001% chance of ever getting Troy. Stitt was an idiot but he had nothing to do with Troy coming to MSU. Troy was coming to MSU unless a power 5 school came knocking and even then it wouldn't have been a done deal.

Nope. My info comes directly from someone who was directly involved in the recruiting.

I’ve PM’d you stuff in the past Jack. I’m hurt. Lol. My info is better. I’m right on this one. But I won’t get in a pissing match. It means nothing now. We have him. You want him. It’s stitts fault

CDAGRIZ said:
ilovethecats said:
and the griz had about a .00001% chance of ever getting Troy. Stitt was an idiot but he had nothing to do with Troy coming to MSU. Troy was coming to MSU unless a power 5 school came knocking and even then it wouldn't have been a done deal.

Are you trying to suggest a recruit would voluntarily choose MSU over the chance to become a Griz if the offers are equal? I’ve officially heard it all, now.

Only a few here and there....

ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:

Nope. My info comes directly from someone who was directly involved in the recruiting.

I’ve PM’d you stuff in the past Jack. I’m hurt. Lol. My info is better. I’m right on this one. But I won’t get in a pissing match. It means nothing now. We have him. You want him. It’s stitts fault

Nope. You don't know what the Griz offered or didn't offer, or when they offered. My info comes directly from people trying to persuade Stitt to offer more, and match the Cats. Sittt was not sold on TA at all. You haven't talked to the Griz coaches, or gotten your info from them, and certainly haven't talked to Stitt. You are getting your info from only one side. Some of the media are in the same position. They weren't getting info from the Griz coaches (as they would never talk to the media about something like this), and they must have gotten info from the same side you did. Mine comes from the other side and someone in Dillon, perhaps even a high school coach. Even TA said he had considered the Griz seriously. Since the Griz didn't show much or enough interest, I can see why he went to the Cats. Why would he say he had considered the Griz an option, if he was always going to the Cats? After saying he was going to the Cats, why would he bother to say he considered the Griz an option (if he was always going to the Cats over the Griz)?

PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:

Nope. You don't know what the Griz offered or didn't offer, or when they offered. My info comes directly from people trying to persuade Stitt to offer more, and match the Cats. Sittt was not sold on TA at all. You haven't talked to the Griz coaches, or gotten your info from them, and certainly haven't talked to Stitt. You are getting your info from only one side. Some of the media are in the same position. They weren't getting info from the Griz coaches (as they would never talk to the media about something like this), and they must have gotten info from the same side you did. Mine comes from the other side and someone in Dillon, perhaps even a high school coach. Even TA said he had considered the Griz seriously. Since the Griz didn't show much or enough interest, I can see why he went to the Cats. Why would he say he had considered the Griz an option, if he was always going to the Cats? After saying he was going to the Cats, why would he bother to say he considered the Griz an option (if he was always going to the Cats over the Griz)?

Well, I coached him in hoops and know his family. I’m going by directly what both Troy said himself, as well as what his dad has said numerous times. I didn’t talk to any griz coaches. They could have offered the moon for all I know? But if you’ve ever talked to Troy, his parents, or other family members for that matter....the Griz never had a shot.

None of it matters I suppose. I guess I just found the comments funny.

ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:

Well, I coached him in hoops and know his family. I’m going by directly what both Troy said himself, as well as what his dad has said numerous times. I didn’t talk to any griz coaches. They could have offered the moon for all I know? But if you’ve ever talked to Troy, his parents, or other family members for that matter....the Griz never had a shot.

Well, you don’t know shit. I’ve personally coached zero kids in Montana, and I can tell you right now, after talking to many good kids from strong families, that no kid would ever take a pass on becoming a Griz in favor of the Bobs. We’re talking about talking with strong families, here. If you want to talk about talking with families that aren’t strong, you can go back to the EwU board ... if they even still have one ... with their weak families and bad kids.

I will be very interested to see if Andersen can have as big of an effect on the game from the linebacker position as he did from QB. I am sure they will use him on O some too but to be honest I think overall this may be a loss for the Cats. Troy was a big part of their offense last year and it seemed like alot of it came from him improvising and using his atheleticism to gain key first downs and touchdowns on long runs. I really dont think Baumann will be as effective from the QB positon as Andersen was even if he throws it better, and he may or may not. Even if they use Andersen on offense it wont be as frequently as if he was the starting QB which decreases his overall big play potential. I could be wrong but I just think he may have less overall efficacy and he was very effective last year.

ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:

Coached him in hoops at what age? Did TA or the family tell you if was offered a full ride, either early or later? Did they tell you Stitt was a big believer in him? Stitt was not a believer in him at all. Fact. Stitt was wrong.

Then how do you explain TA saying the Griz were an option? Was he lying? What he said is not consistent with what you said.

You are just exposing the Cat line. You probably don't have any real info. You certainly don't know what was happening on the Griz side.

What I think is people like you who have heard a bit only from the Cat side, thinking you know what actually happened. And your ignoring what TA actually said to the press.

Also, are you aware of any Dillon coaches who might have been friendly to the Griz?

The Griz would love to have TA. He's a terrific player, at multiple positions.

PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:

Coached him in hoops at what age? Did TA or the family tell you if was offered a full ride, either early or later? Did they tell you Stitt was a big believer in him? Stitt was not a believer in him at all. Fact. Stitt was wrong.

Then how do you explain TA saying the Griz were an option? Was he lying? What he said is not consistent with what you said.

You are just exposing the Cat line. You probably don't have any real info. You certainly don't know what was happening on the Griz side.

What I think is people like you who have heard a bit only from the Cat side, thinking you know what actually happened. And your ignoring what TA actually said to the press.

Also, are you aware of any Dillon coaches who might have been friendly to the Griz?

You obviously never coached the game. I'd listen to ilovethecats on this one.

cmtgrizzly said:
I will be very interested to see if Andersen can have as big of an effect on the game from the linebacker position as he did from QB. I am sure they will use him on O some too but to be honest I think overall this may be a loss for the Cats. Troy was a big part of their offense last year and it seemed like alot of it came from him improvising and using his atheleticism to gain key first downs and touchdowns on long runs. I really dont think Baumann will be as effective from the QB positon as Andersen was even if he throws it better, and he may or may not. Even if they use Andersen on offense it wont be as frequently as if he was the starting QB which decreases his overall big play potential. I could be wrong but I just think he may have less overall efficacy and he was very effective last year.

Then why in the hell would Choate have made this move? Have you guys not seen enough yet to understand Jeff Choate knows what he's doing? Maybe this year after he beats you for the fourth year in a row, on the way to a first round bye and second round home playoff game while the griz sit at home, maybe then you'll begin to understand. :thumb:

poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:

Actually, there have been 16 or 18 coaches in my wife's and my family. Lots of coaching, and playing, experience. Feel free to listen to cat, but you won't get the full/real story, because he doesn't know what Stitt was thinking and doing, nor the feedback UM was getting. And, even TA said that the Griz were an option notwithstanding his history with the Cats, and that in itself contradicts what cat was saying. Cat is caught having only the Cat side narrative, and it is not accurate, or fully accurate. As good of a player as TA has become, Stitt was not sold on him. Others in Griz nation were, including one of my sources. Hauck would have fought hard for TA.

poorgriz said:
cmtgrizzly said:

Then why in the hell would Choate have made this move? Have you guys not seen enough yet to understand Jeff Choate knows what he's doing? Maybe this year after he beats you for the fourth year in a row, on the way to a first round bye and second round home playoff game while the griz sit at home, maybe then you'll begin to understand. :thumb:

It’s impossible to predict the future, but the big reason Troy isn’t playing qb is because Troy doesn’t want to play qb. He wants to play LB and he may have an opportunity at the next level as a lb.

That said, if Troy walked in to Choate’s office and said “I want to play qb” I have no doubt Troy would instantly be the starting qb. Choate loves the +1 run game.

But as it stands now, Troy WANTS to be a full time lb.

poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:

Looks to me like the Anderson kid is better at PR than PR is at spotting PR

wbtfg said:
poorgriz said:
cmtgrizzly said:

It’s impossible to predict the future, but the big reason Troy isn’t playing qb is because Troy doesn’t want to play qb. He wants to play LB and he may have an opportunity at the next level as a lb.

That said, if Troy walked in to Choate’s office and said “I want to play qb” I have no doubt Troy would instantly be the starting qb. Choate loves the +1 run game.

It's always interesting to see all of the different takes in regards to players in this state. All we heard all year was what a joke it was for us to be playing our best linebacker at qb. We'll never win because we can't throw. Now this season we can apparently afford (hopefully afford) to put Troy where he wants to play. On defense. Suddenly the other side chimes in what a loss this is for our offense. :lol:

I understand it though. TA is an athlete we rarely see at this level. An in-state kid that can seemingly do it all. Pretty fun to talk about actually.

As wbtfg said, I think we'll still see TA on the offense side of the ball a decent amount. Just a little wrinkle to throw in there. But the kid wants to hit people. Our linebackers went from very mediocre last season to a group that I think can be one of the best in the league.

As has been said, a lot of posters have good sources that don't exist. Often their team's narrative becomes the "source". I have never understood why some people with no good/hard information disparage the people who actually have the good/hard information.

ilovethecats said:
wbtfg said:
poorgriz said:
cmtgrizzly said:

It's always interesting to see all of the different takes in regards to players in this state. All we heard all year was what a joke it was for us to be playing our best linebacker at qb. We'll never win because we can't throw. Now this season we can apparently afford (hopefully afford) to put Troy where he wants to play. On defense. Suddenly the other side chimes in what a loss this is for our offense. :lol:

I understand it though. TA is an athlete we rarely see at this level. An in-state kid that can seemingly do it all. Pretty fun to talk about actually.

As wbtfg said, I think we'll still see TA on the offense side of the ball a decent amount. Just a little wrinkle to throw in there. But the kid wants to hit people. Our linebackers went from very mediocre last season to a group that I think can be one of the best in the league.

I agree with your basic point, but part of this will depend on how well the new qb performs.

While I don't know how athletic TA is, I would doubt this is true:

"TA is an athlete we rarely see at this level." FCS has lots of kids who are very athletic. Maybe the Cats and Griz don't get many of them, but other schools do. I think of the many good athletes that the Griz and Cats have had, and I don't think TA is better than most of them. Maybe he is, but I am not there yet. I like his competitiveness and ability to win as much or more than his athleticism.

PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:
wbtfg said:
poorgriz said:

I agree with your basic point, but part of this will depend on how well the new qb performs.

While I don't know how athletic TA is, I would doubt this is true:

"TA is an athlete we rarely see at this level." FCS has lots of kids who are very athletic. Maybe the Cats and Griz don't get many of them, but other schools do. I think of the many good athletes that the Griz and Cats have had, and I don't think TA is better than most of them. Maybe he is, but I am not there yet. I like his competitiveness and ability to win as much or more than his athleticism.

You can define "athleticism" however you want but the reality is Troy Andersen is a freak of nature. 6' 3", 230 pounds and one of the fastest players in the FCS. Almost impossible to tackle one on one. I mean you could tackle him, but most couldn't. :lol:

wbtfg said:
poorgriz said:
cmtgrizzly said:

Disagree.

Back