• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sneed vs. Bauman

CDAGRIZ said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
All I got out of this was that Choatle has established the "Player of the Day" award over in Bozeman......man you guys do the cutest shit.
:lol:
And all you have to do to win Player of the Day is attack the ball at the highest point once. Second place went to the guy who blocked once. Third place was the guy who almost mastered the double knot.

Sixth place went to the griz last year. But, they have placed 2nd in the Brawl 3 years running! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

All I know if there were two Griz QB’s who both threw long passes that were perfect at practice. Both resulted in touchdowns. Griz are greater at QB than the Cats. Not even close. That hasn’t mattered the last three years, but this team is different. Going to be a good year.

Copper Griz said:
All I know if there were two Griz QB’s who both threw long passes that were perfect at practice. Both resulted in touchdowns. Griz are greater at QB than the Cats. Not even close. That hasn’t mattered the last three years, but this team is different. Going to be a good year.

Hope so. It’s been a long time since that’s happened. I’d take Sneed over Bauman . Anderson over Sneed if I could have one or the other.

Bear Spray said:
Copper Griz said:

Hope so. It’s been a long time since that’s happened. I’d take Sneed over Bauman . Anderson over Sneed if I could have one or the other.

Anderson is one heck of an athlete and a kid you want on the field at all times. He could probably punt and kick if you needed him to - not because he is great at it. He just wants to win and would find a way to get it done. The Griz (Stitt) totally whiffed on him. Sneed has the same mentality and I think he is a better QB. More versatile for that position because he can throw the ball. If Sneed stays healthy and has a serviceable O Line he should have a stellar year. Not sure I remember many players who can be productive at running back, QB and LB. Anderson is special. Will be glad when he graduates.

Copper Griz said:
Bear Spray said:
Copper Griz said:

Anderson is one heck of an athlete and a kid you want on the field at all times. He could probably punt and kick if you needed him to - not because he is great at it. He just wants to win and would find a way to get it done. The Griz (Stitt) totally whiffed on him. Sneed has the same mentality and I think he is a better QB. More versatile for that position because he can throw the ball. If Sneed stays healthy and has a serviceable O Line he should have a stellar year. Not sure I remember many players who can be productive at running back, QB and LB. Anderson is special. Will be glad when he graduates.

Not even close to reality with that statement. It wouldn't have mattered if it was Don Read, Bobby Hauck or Bill Belichick, Troy was not going to come to Montana. Stitt and Green did their diligence with Troy just like they do with every top player in the state. Troy said no thank you, and very respectfully I've heard, very early in the process. He has been quoting as saying he knew he was going to Bozeman since he was a little kid, that that was the ONLY college he ever wanted to play for, and he backed it up by turning down a PWO from UDUb among other schools.

Blame Bob Stitt for a lot of things, but not getting Andersen to change his mind on a lifelong dream is probably the dumbest criticism of Stitt there is.

I think it's a little to early to start having this conversation. If Bauman is even close to being as good as Sneed I would be happy as hell. But to be honest, as fans we shouldn't be expecting a freshman to come in and perform as well as one of the best Senior QB's in the conference on day 1. Not really fair to Bauman who hasn't even started his first game yet. Sneed is a proven commodity. Even close to average OL play and he might set the BSC on fire. On the other hand, Bauman will have one of the best O-Lines and probably the best RB corps in the Big Sky. Even with all that help my expectations are that he can manage games and keep defenses honest with his passing. Anything surpassing those expectations would be a bonus.

If Sneed had our offense (oline and rb's) he would be tough to stop. His style of play somewhat reminds me of Lulay. The QB comparison isn't even close at this point.

ABQCat said:
jodcon said:
What is this thread about? Sneed vs. Bauman in what? Golf? Tennis?

Sure as hell can't be football.
Sure it is. Things like the win loss stat is absolutely about football.
Unless it's 72-40-5. Then it isn't.

George Ferguson said:
Copper Griz said:
Bear Spray said:
Copper Griz said:

Not even close to reality with that statement. It wouldn't have mattered if it was Don Read, Bobby Hauck or Bill Belichick, Troy was not going to come to Montana. Stitt and Green did their diligence with Troy just like they do with every top player in the state. Troy said no thank you, and very respectfully I've heard, very early in the process. He has been quoting as saying he knew he was going to Bozeman since he was a little kid, that that was the ONLY college he ever wanted to play for, and he backed it up by turning down a PWO from UDUb among other schools.

Blame Bob Stitt for a lot of things, but not getting Andersen to change his mind on a lifelong dream is probably the dumbest criticism of Stitt there is.

I almost always agree with you, but what I heard from someone who was involved in the process told me what you said is not true. Are you absolutely sure you know what you're talking about with this one?

Copper Griz said:
Bear Spray said:
Copper Griz said:

I am told that Anderson has the potential to be the first player in any conference to be elected first team all conference at 3 positions, and be all-American in two of them. He's that good.

Player is spot on here. I posted a long story last winter about how stitt and his staff totally dropped ball with Troy when they were recruiting best friend and Dillon teammate RJ Fitzgerald. Troy and RJ grew up together going to griz games not cat games. Andersons old man went to Eastern Oregon so there was no family connection to MSU. Yeah his older sister was on the MSU track team but he was a griz fan from early on thanks to RJ’s dad and uncle who both played on NCship teams for the griz. They had Anderson if they wouldn’t have treated the Fitzgeralds so shabbily. Oh by the way RJ plays for MSU also but he should have been a legacy Griz with deep family ties and Troy would have signed with him. So yeah unfortunately stitt dropped the ball on this one.

And don’t forget it was Ty who pointed him out to Choate his freshman year. That’s why he played rb against WSU as a true freshman and gained 35 yrds on 5 carries instead of playing LB. Choate had no freaking idea what he had in landing both RJ and Anderson. smh

PS. Take a look at RJ’s bio on the MSU roster page. Mentions both his dad and uncle John as playing for Griz. George you have been gaslighted by the MSU fellas regarding Anderson. :thumb:

Dutch Lane said:
Player is spot on here. I posted a long story last winter about how stitt and his staff totally dropped ball with Troy when they were recruiting best friend and Dillon teammate RJ Fitzgerald. Troy and RJ grew up together going to griz games not cat games. Andersons old man went to Eastern Oregon so there was no family connection to MSU. Yeah his older sister was on the MSU track team but he was a griz fan from early on thanks to RJ’s dad and uncle who both played on NCship teams for the griz. They had Anderson if they wouldn’t have treated the Fitzgeralds so shabbily. Oh by the way RJ plays for MSU also but he should have been a legacy Griz with deep family ties and Troy would have signed with him. So yeah unfortunately stitt dropped the ball on this one.

And don’t forget it was Ty who pointed him out to Choate his freshman year. That’s why he played rb against WSU as a true freshman and gained 35 yrds on 5 carries instead of playing LB. Choate had no freaking idea what he had in landing both RJ and Anderson. smh

PS. Take a look at RJ’s bio on the MSU roster page. Mentions both his dad and uncle John as playing for Griz. George you have been gaslighted by the MSU fellas regarding Anderson. :thumb:
Oh snap! Ferguson? Wrong? Can this be true!?

bobcatfan123 said:
I think it's a little to early to start having this conversation. If Bauman is even close to being as good as Sneed I would be happy as hell. But to be honest, as fans we shouldn't be expecting a freshman to come in and perform as well as one of the best Senior QB's in the conference on day 1. Not really fair to Bauman who hasn't even started his first game yet. Sneed is a proven commodity. Even close to average OL play and he might set the BSC on fire. On the other hand, Bauman will have one of the best O-Lines and probably the best RB corps in the Big Sky. Even with all that help my expectations are that he can manage games and keep defenses honest with his passing. Anything surpassing those expectations would be a bonus.

If Sneed had our offense (oline and rb's) he would be tough to stop. His style of play somewhat reminds me of Lulay. The QB comparison isn't even close at this point.

That's just it, right? Has Bauman even received Player of the Day yet? I don't doubt that he will be a serviceable QB, but let's let the fella get a few PODs before we start calling him the next Rob Compson.

PlayerRep said:
George Ferguson said:
Copper Griz said:
Bear Spray said:

I almost always agree with you, but what I heard from someone who was involved in the process told me what you said is not true. Are you absolutely sure you know what you're talking about with this one?

Haha, I don't mind if anyone doesn't agree with me, and yes, I do get things wrong sometime. BUT, I do know for a fact that Troy was offered a scholarship to the University of Montana, and I also know for a fact that he has said in multiple interviews that MSU was his dream school. That's all I was speaking too.

I'm also well aware how mad the Fitzgerald's were at UM for not offering him, and if you guys are saying that Troy would have came to UM if RJ had been offered, that's cool. And so in hindsight, then obviously, I wish the Griz would have offered him.

Also, if you guys are saying Troy only says MSU was his dream school in public because he's actually there now, and he really wanted to go to UM that's fine too. I don't know. I'm just taking the kid at his word, and I don't like to accuse kids of lying. So, yeah, I don't know.

What I do know is, Justin Green offered Troy a scholarship, and I do know he said MSU was where he always wanted to go, because I've actually heard him say it. That's all I was saying.

I was speaking on the Fitzgerald thing at all, so yeah, I guess Stitt defintiely whiffed on Fitzgerald, and if you guys are saying Troy would have chose UM if RJ got to come, then yes, Stitt whiffed on Troy apparently.

George Ferguson said:
PlayerRep said:
George Ferguson said:
Copper Griz said:

Haha, I don't mind if anyone doesn't agree with me, and yes, I do get things wrong sometime. BUT, I do know for a fact that Troy was offered a scholarship to the University of Montana, and I also know for a fact that he has said in multiple interviews that MSU was his dream school. That's all I was speaking too.

I'm also well aware how mad the Fitzgerald's were at UM for not offering him, and if you guys are saying that Troy would have came to UM if RJ had been offered, that's cool. And so in hindsight, then obviously, I wish the Griz would have offered him.

Also, if you guys are saying Troy only says MSU was his dream school in public because he's actually there now, and he really wanted to go to UM that's fine too. I don't know. I'm just taking the kid at his word, and I don't like to accuse kids of lying. So, yeah, I don't know.

What I do know is, Justin Green offered Troy a scholarship, and I do know he said MSU was where he always wanted to go, because I've actually heard him say it. That's all I was saying.

I was speaking on the Fitzgerald thing at all, so yeah, I guess Stitt defintiely whiffed on Fitzgerald, and if you guys are saying Troy would have chose UM if RJ got to come, then yes, Stitt whiffed on Troy apparently.

http://skylinesportsmt.com/andersen-commits-to-msu/

George Ferguson said:
PlayerRep said:
George Ferguson said:
Copper Griz said:

I’m about to plug in the BS meter, but before I do I want to give you a chance to supply a link to where Anderson said MSU is his dream school or anything to that effect.

I was thinking about the C.A.T.’s gold standard for their QBs—50% completion and 1:1 tds to ints (i.e., their 50/50 rule). Can you imagine if this low-bar was applied in any other industry/setting?

Sales Manager: hey get in here, it’s time for your 6-month review.

Sales Employee: yes, sir. Thanks for having me. I know I’m new around here but I’m enjoying it and really progressing.

MNGR: well let’s see. We provided you with a customer list, but you did not even complete 50% of those calls... do I have that right?

EE: By “complete”, do you mean to “make” a call or “finish” a call, because a lot of those customers hung up on me before I could finish.

MNGR: that’s a good point. I don’t really care about the number of attempts or drops. What really matters is that you are bringing in more customers than driving away? Did you do that?

EE: Almost!

MNGR: And I guess you only closed one deal, but you also only killed one hooker. So that’s really good. In fact, I’m going to give you a promotion!

EE: Boom!

CDAGRIZ said:
bobcatfan123 said:

That's just it, right? Has Bauman even received Player of the Day yet? I don't doubt that he will be a serviceable QB, but let's let the fella get a few PODs before we start calling him the next Rob Compson.

Tucker Bauman did get a Player of the Day Award on I believe practice 3. This was mostly because his mom made cupcakes for the team.

Back