• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sneed vs. Bauman

getgrizzy said:
George Ferguson said:
PlayerRep said:
George Ferguson said:
Not even close to reality with that statement. It wouldn't have mattered if it was Don Read, Bobby Hauck or Bill Belichick, Troy was not going to come to Montana. Stitt and Green did their diligence with Troy just like they do with every top player in the state. Troy said no thank you, and very respectfully I've heard, very early in the process. He has been quoting as saying he knew he was going to Bozeman since he was a little kid, that that was the ONLY college he ever wanted to play for, and he backed it up by turning down a PWO from UDUb among other schools.

Blame Bob Stitt for a lot of things, but not getting Andersen to change his mind on a lifelong dream is probably the dumbest criticism of Stitt there is.

I almost always agree with you, but what I heard from someone who was involved in the process told me what you said is not true. Are you absolutely sure you know what you're talking about with this one?

Haha, I don't mind if anyone doesn't agree with me, and yes, I do get things wrong sometime. BUT, I do know for a fact that Troy was offered a scholarship to the University of Montana, and I also know for a fact that he has said in multiple interviews that MSU was his dream school. That's all I was speaking too.

I'm also well aware how mad the Fitzgerald's were at UM for not offering him, and if you guys are saying that Troy would have came to UM if RJ had been offered, that's cool. And so in hindsight, then obviously, I wish the Griz would have offered him.

Also, if you guys are saying Troy only says MSU was his dream school in public because he's actually there now, and he really wanted to go to UM that's fine too. I don't know. I'm just taking the kid at his word, and I don't like to accuse kids of lying. So, yeah, I don't know.

What I do know is, Justin Green offered Troy a scholarship, and I do know he said MSU was where he always wanted to go, because I've actually heard him say it. That's all I was saying.

I was speaking on the Fitzgerald thing at all, so yeah, I guess Stitt defintiely whiffed on Fitzgerald, and if you guys are saying Troy would have chose UM if RJ got to come, then yes, Stitt whiffed on Troy apparently.

I’m about to plug in the BS meter, but before I do I want to give you a chance to supply a link to where Anderson said MSU is his dream school or anything to that effect.

“I’ve grown up going to Bobcat games over in Bozeman, being a fan of the Bobcats,” Andersen said. “I’ve gone to games in Missoula as well. I have friends at MSU and that play on the team and I feel like it’s a dream of mine to play for Montana State in the Big Sky Conference.”

garizzalies said:
I was thinking about the C.A.T.’s gold standard for their QBs—50% completion and 1:1 tds to ints (i.e., their 50/50 rule). Can you imagine if this low-bar was applied in any other industry/setting?

Sales Manager: hey get in here, it’s time for your 6-month review.

Sales Employee: yes, sir. Thanks for having me. I know I’m new around here but I’m enjoying it and really progressing.

MNGR: well let’s see. We provided you with a customer list, but you did not even complete 50% of those calls... do I have that right?

EE: By “complete”, do you mean to “make” a call or “finish” a call, because a lot of those customers hung up on me before I could finish.

MNGR: that’s a good point. I don’t really care about the number of attempts or drops. What really matters is that you are bringing in more customers than driving away? Did you do that?

EE: Almost!

MNGR: And I guess you only closed one deal, but you also only killed one hooker. So that’s really good. In fact, I’m going to give you a promotion!

EE: Boom!

Not too shabby when the previous two sales reps didn’t know how to use a telephone.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bobcatfan123 said:
I think it's a little to early to start having this conversation. If Bauman is even close to being as good as Sneed I would be happy as hell. But to be honest, as fans we shouldn't be expecting a freshman to come in and perform as well as one of the best Senior QB's in the conference on day 1. Not really fair to Bauman who hasn't even started his first game yet. Sneed is a proven commodity. Even close to average OL play and he might set the BSC on fire. On the other hand, Bauman will have one of the best O-Lines and probably the best RB corps in the Big Sky. Even with all that help my expectations are that he can manage games and keep defenses honest with his passing. Anything surpassing those expectations would be a bonus.

If Sneed had our offense (oline and rb's) he would be tough to stop. His style of play somewhat reminds me of Lulay. The QB comparison isn't even close at this point.

That's just it, right? Has Bauman even received Player of the Day yet? I don't doubt that he will be a serviceable QB, but let's let the fella get a few PODs before we start calling him the next Rob Compson.

Tucker Bauman did get a Player of the Day Award on I believe practice 3. This was mostly because his mom made cupcakes for the team.

My mistake. You’re absolutely correct. I’m also regretting making fun of their “Juice on three” chant, as it has become rather apparent that the meaning is more Capri Sun than Bison.

garizzalies said:
I was thinking about the C.A.T.’s gold standard for their QBs—50% completion and 1:1 tds to ints (i.e., their 50/50 rule). Can you imagine if this low-bar was applied in any other industry/setting?

Sales Manager: hey get in here, it’s time for your 6-month review.

Sales Employee: yes, sir. Thanks for having me. I know I’m new around here but I’m enjoying it and really progressing.

MNGR: well let’s see. We provided you with a customer list, but you did not even complete 50% of those calls... do I have that right?

EE: By “complete”, do you mean to “make” a call or “finish” a call, because a lot of those customers hung up on me before I could finish.

MNGR: that’s a good point. I don’t really care about the number of attempts or drops. What really matters is that you are bringing in more customers than driving away? Did you do that?

EE: Almost!

MNGR: And I guess you only closed one deal, but you also only killed one hooker. So that’s really good. In fact, I’m going to give you a promotion!

EE: Boom!
Nice Work! :clap:

If you keep working hard you're going to make CDA VERY happy some day. :thumb:

and the griz had about a .00001% chance of ever getting Troy. Stitt was an idiot but he had nothing to do with Troy coming to MSU. Troy was coming to MSU unless a power 5 school came knocking and even then it wouldn't have been a done deal.

ilovethecats said:
and the griz had about a .00001% chance of ever getting Troy. Stitt was an idiot but he had nothing to do with Troy coming to MSU. Troy was coming to MSU unless a power 5 school came knocking and even then it wouldn't have been a done deal.

Are you trying to suggest a recruit would voluntarily choose MSU over the chance to become a Griz if the offers are equal? I’ve officially heard it all, now.

George Ferguson said:
getgrizzy said:
George Ferguson said:
PlayerRep said:
I almost always agree with you, but what I heard from someone who was involved in the process told me what you said is not true. Are you absolutely sure you know what you're talking about with this one?

Haha, I don't mind if anyone doesn't agree with me, and yes, I do get things wrong sometime. BUT, I do know for a fact that Troy was offered a scholarship to the University of Montana, and I also know for a fact that he has said in multiple interviews that MSU was his dream school. That's all I was speaking too.

I'm also well aware how mad the Fitzgerald's were at UM for not offering him, and if you guys are saying that Troy would have came to UM if RJ had been offered, that's cool. And so in hindsight, then obviously, I wish the Griz would have offered him.

Also, if you guys are saying Troy only says MSU was his dream school in public because he's actually there now, and he really wanted to go to UM that's fine too. I don't know. I'm just taking the kid at his word, and I don't like to accuse kids of lying. So, yeah, I don't know.

What I do know is, Justin Green offered Troy a scholarship, and I do know he said MSU was where he always wanted to go, because I've actually heard him say it. That's all I was saying.

I was speaking on the Fitzgerald thing at all, so yeah, I guess Stitt defintiely whiffed on Fitzgerald, and if you guys are saying Troy would have chose UM if RJ got to come, then yes, Stitt whiffed on Troy apparently.

I’m about to plug in the BS meter, but before I do I want to give you a chance to supply a link to where Anderson said MSU is his dream school or anything to that effect.

“I’ve grown up going to Bobcat games over in Bozeman, being a fan of the Bobcats,” Andersen said. “I’ve gone to games in Missoula as well. I have friends at MSU and that play on the team and I feel like it’s a dream of mine to play for Montana State in the Big Sky Conference.”

Good job. I’m still plugging that meter in. Only it’s for PR and I thinks he’s going to peg it all the way to the right. Yep, yep he did.

getgrizzy said:
George Ferguson said:
getgrizzy said:
George Ferguson said:

Good job. I’m still plugging that meter in. Only it’s for PR and I thinks he’s going to peg it all the way to the right. Yep, yep he did.

Wrong thread?
https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=83041

CDAGRIZ said:
getgrizzy said:
George Ferguson said:
getgrizzy said:

Wrong thread?
https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=83041

Well, I, uh. No.

ilovethecats said:

Nope. My info comes directly from someone who was directly involved in the recruiting.

George Ferguson said:
getgrizzy said:
George Ferguson said:
PlayerRep said:

Presumably said after he signed. Did he also say the Griz offered him only a partial? Assume he wasn't go to say that he wanted to be a Griz but they didn't offer him a full schools, so he took the full with the Cats.

ilovethecats said:

He's studying Ag Business, his sister ran track at MSU, and I think there is a family connection to the Choate family as well.

Perhaps the Griz didn't go after him with both guns blazing, but I think UM had as much of a chance at Troy as MSU did in landing Jesse Sims.

wbtfg said:
ilovethecats said:

He's studying Ag Business, his sister ran track at MSU, and I think there is a family connection to the Choate family as well.

Perhaps the Griz didn't go after him with both guns blazing, but I think UM had as much of a chance at Troy as MSU did in landing Jesse Sims.

Interesting. Do you know if the offers were equal? I mean, my brother ran train at Eastern Oregon University, which resulted in a family connection to that school, but the offers were equal, and I took my talents elsewhere.

CDAGRIZ said:
wbtfg said:
ilovethecats said:

Interesting. Do you know if the offers were equal? I mean, my brother ran train at Eastern Oregon University, which resulted in a family connection to that school, but the offers were equal, and I took my talents elsewhere.

I'm not sure I'd admit to my brother running a train there, CDA....but you go for it! :thumb: :thumb:

Bear Spray said:
CDAGRIZ said:
wbtfg said:
ilovethecats said:

I'm not sure I'd admit to my brother running a train there, CDA....but you go for it! :thumb: :thumb:

I said what I said. Check your math.

wbtfg said:
ilovethecats said:

"Andersen said, despite his deep Bobcat ties, he did consider Montana as an option." I don't think he was offered a full scholly. I know an article or two said he was offered a UM scholly, but I'm not sure he got more than a PWO. I will ask my sources who were involved at the time and trying to persuade Stitt to go after him harder.

Don't most three or four-year Starters have a Huge 1st year?
ie. like the black jesus, the red-headed stepchild or super dave?

maybe Sneed's toast on this one

CDAGRIZ said:
bobcatfan123 said:
I think it's a little to early to start having this conversation. If Bauman is even close to being as good as Sneed I would be happy as hell. But to be honest, as fans we shouldn't be expecting a freshman to come in and perform as well as one of the best Senior QB's in the conference on day 1. Not really fair to Bauman who hasn't even started his first game yet. Sneed is a proven commodity. Even close to average OL play and he might set the BSC on fire. On the other hand, Bauman will have one of the best O-Lines and probably the best RB corps in the Big Sky. Even with all that help my expectations are that he can manage games and keep defenses honest with his passing. Anything surpassing those expectations would be a bonus.

If Sneed had our offense (oline and rb's) he would be tough to stop. His style of play somewhat reminds me of Lulay. The QB comparison isn't even close at this point.

That's just it, right? Has Bauman even received Player of the Day yet? I don't doubt that he will be a serviceable QB, but let's let the fella get a few PODs before we start calling him the next Rob Compson.

ha Good stuff CDA. Ill keep you posted on Bauman's POD status.

bobcatfan123 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bobcatfan123 said:

Hmm. That's my schtick. There's enormous satisfaction in demonstrating that CDA is actually a good Cat fan with some insightful Bobcat posts. I already filed a post-it to let him know as soon as CB wins PoD. His response will be priceless.

bobcatfan123 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bobcatfan123 said:

Thanks a million! Honestly.

Back