• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Some Ask a Taboo Question: Is America Overreacting to Coronavirus?

Dutch Lane said:
PlayerRep said:
I said Congress released unmasking info; didm't mention Flynn in that regard. In point of fact, Flynn conversations were unmasked multiple times. Flynn did not unmask himself; that is just a dumb statement. Whether detected by NSA or FBI, that information is confidential intelligence information and it's illegal to leak it. Leaking of often worse then the initial step of unmasking. I hope a reporter or two gets in trouble over leaks. The leaking, and publishing of that info, is very inappropriate.

If you really did talk to a judge who said those things, those comments are wrong and inappropriate. The FBI agents who interviewed Flynn initially didn't believe he lied, and the whole thing was going to be dropped, until Comey et al decided to keep it alive in order to keep "investigating". Also, it's improper to start or continue an invalid investigation, set up/entrap someone, and then charge them with lying to the FBI. It's also improper to withhold favorable information from the defense. Surprising that a dui lawyer doesn't know and appreciate that.

Barr is a terrific AG. Glad he's smart, experienced and tough, and trying to get to the bottom of all this, correct some of the abuses and wrongs, and discourage anything like this happening again. Again, I believe of these people will be charged.
Did you see where Judge Sullivan petitioned the DC circuit for en banc review? What’s your prediction of the decision? I’m thinking it gets granted and the decision is reversed. The court split is 7-4 Democrat appointed judges, so yeah the case is getting remanded for a hearing in front of Sullivan. Question is when will Trump finally intervene and stop letting him twist in the wind?
The court does not prosecute, irrespective of what court. The DOG prosecutes and for very good reason in this case has decided not to. So who is to prosecute? Where do you think this goes but nowhere? This is nothing more than another stall. They underestimate Barr; he will not cave to this silliness.

back to the subject at hand... the commies take over hong kong and suddenly virus cases start to increase significantly - if 38 cases can be considered significant, given what is happening in the u.s.

kemajic said:
Dutch Lane said:
Did you see where Judge Sullivan petitioned the DC circuit for en banc review? What’s your prediction of the decision? I’m thinking it gets granted and the decision is reversed. The court split is 7-4 Democrat appointed judges, so yeah the case is getting remanded for a hearing in front of Sullivan. Question is when will Trump finally intervene and stop letting him twist in the wind?
The court does not prosecute, irrespective of what court. The DOG prosecutes and for very good reason in this case has decided not to. So who is to prosecute? Where do you think this goes but nowhere? This is nothing more than another stall. They underestimate Barr; he will not cave to this silliness.
There really isn’t much left to do for the prosecution Kem. Flynn has already entered guilty pleas on the record in front of two different judge so he stands convicted. The only thing left to do is his sentencing by judge Sullivan. Once that is done then Flynn can appeal his conviction to the dc circuit. You overestimate Barr and under estimate the institution of the federal judiciary. If Trump doesn’t pardon Flynn I suspect he will be sentenced to some prison time now. Trump lost at the Supreme Court yesterday 7-2 on his tax returns, so I think his constant bashing of the federal judiciary is starting to get tiresome (Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Roberts all voted against Trump and the DOJ). Trump will pardon Flynn if he sees it as an upside for him in the election, but remember Trump only does what he thinks is in his personal best interest. I think he is “ woke” enough lol to realize that a pardon will look bad and narcissists hate looking bad. IMO Flynn is totally fucked right now because to Trump loyalty is a one way street. :thumb:

PlayerRep said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
I wouldn't hold your breath on the mask mandate doing a whole lot. Here in NM we have been mandated to wear masks in public for 2 months now, and yet our cases continue to rise. Our restaurants were allowed to have indoor service at 50% capacity, but the governor announced today that, as of the 13th, they must go back to takeout and delivery only. However, even her health and human services cabinet secretary (who is a doctor) says that he believes that the majority of the spread is coming from large family and private gatherings where people are closely mingling without masks. Imagine that. We have been under very strict lockdown here and I think people are just fed up, especially the younger crowd who don't see much risk to themselves. How do you fix that? I don't think you do at this point.

Along the same line as your post, I sent the following email to the Missoula mayor last week (and posted this in this thread):

"See (below) what Cindy Farr said in the Missoulian recently. How would requiring masks in licensed business solve the problem that Cindy has stated? Where’s the data showing how many people have been infected in licensed businesses in Missoula or Missoula County? It drives me nuts when people just pull ideas out of a hat, and they have no data to back up the idea. Maybe there is data. If so, articulate it.

"Cindy Farr, incident commander for the local Health Department's COVID-19 response team, [said] in her daily briefing on Wednesday.

"The cases indicate that we are affecting those closest to us, those that we probably care about the most and are spending the most time with. We’re seeing families, friends and workplaces affected."

If the Missoula cases are affecting people who know each other, i.e. families, friends and work colleagues, why would masks in licensed businesses be necessary or helpful?"

To keep the virus from jumping from family A to family B (and C and D and......)

I've resigned myself to the fact we're not going to see college football as we like. Some good is bound to come out of it as I'm certain I'm not the only one who would watch the games with the sound muted because I was tired of listening to washed up jocks babble incessantly about their glory days. Can't understand why the love for those individuals but that's probably just me. Out of all this, I'm fascinated by some of the athletes from a few years ago respond to everything like Herschel.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/herschel-walker-responds-atlanta-mayor-call-for-help/sygD9B2t9xmPXpwBcDHfFN/

Dutch Lane said:
garizzalies said:
I believe there is an open container ordinance in Butte but only 2am-6am, or something like that, and not during festivals. The early-bird spin dry. I think there is one or two walk-up bars. One of the toughest bars in town has a free limo service.

Thanks for the information, that’s what I will always love about butte its practical and makes sense. Who needs to be having an open container from 2am to 6 am? Now 1:59 am or 6:01 am damn straight you should be able have an open container outside enjoying your beer or other favorite beverage. Which bar would that be with the limo? I’m gonna guess the pair a dice, no? :thumb:
I don’t think the pair-a-dice is still around. Besides, it went soft compared to the Party Palace.
The below link was in today’s paper. The picture is magnificent. Sounds like he was just doing a walk-by too. I’ve never had the cojones to call the limo, but the karaoke should have it’s own TV show. There is nothing more entertaining than seeing the roughest biker dude you can imagine singing Cher.
https://mtstandard.com/news/state...e_0427dbf2-3f11-5f73-962e-81ab34e62ff6.html

garizzalies said:
Dutch Lane said:
Thanks for the information, that’s what I will always love about butte its practical and makes sense. Who needs to be having an open container from 2am to 6 am? Now 1:59 am or 6:01 am damn straight you should be able have an open container outside enjoying your beer or other favorite beverage. Which bar would that be with the limo? I’m gonna guess the pair a dice, no? :thumb:
I don’t think the pair-a-dice is still around. Besides, it went soft compared to the Party Palace.
The below link was in today’s paper. The picture is magnificent. Sounds like he was just doing a walk-by too. I’ve never had the cojones to call the limo, but the karaoke should have it’s own TV show. There is nothing more entertaining than seeing the roughest biker dude you can imagine singing Cher.
https://mtstandard.com/news/state...e_0427dbf2-3f11-5f73-962e-81ab34e62ff6.html
Thanks for correction its been awhile. Party Palace was my next guess, loved the story an M and M patron getting harassed by the fellas outside the Party Palace so he tases two of them and then pulls out his carving knife. Lol good times. Lol :thumb:

He looks like a wimpier Sam Elliot from Road House.
First time I witnessed the karaoke there, I thought I was going to be a million dollar TV producer. Yes, I was drunk as shit, but you do not have to be a prospector to recognize a goldmine when you see one

Dutch Lane said:
kemajic said:
There really isn’t much left to do for the prosecution Kem. Flynn has already entered guilty pleas on the record in front of two different judge so he stands convicted. The only thing left to do is his sentencing by judge Sullivan. Once that is done then Flynn can appeal his conviction to the dc circuit. You overestimate Barr and under estimate the institution of the federal judiciary. If Trump doesn’t pardon Flynn I suspect he will be sentenced to some prison time now. Trump lost at the Supreme Court yesterday 7-2 on his tax returns, so I think his constant bashing of the federal judiciary is starting to get tiresome (Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Roberts all voted against Trump and the DOJ). Trump will pardon Flynn if he sees it as an upside for him in the election, but remember Trump only does what he thinks is in his personal best interest. I think he is “ woke” enough lol to realize that a pardon will look bad and narcissists hate looking bad. IMO Flynn is totally f###[#] right now because to Trump loyalty is a one way street. :thumb:
IMO Sullivan is the one totally f###[#] right now. He can be removed from the case by the appeals court, which I suspect he views as his ticket to martyrdom. Your TDS overrides any semblance of common sense.

Dutch Lane said:
kemajic said:
There really isn’t much left to do for the prosecution Kem. Flynn has already entered guilty pleas on the record in front of two different judge so he stands convicted. The only thing left to do is his sentencing by judge Sullivan. Once that is done then Flynn can appeal his conviction to the dc circuit. You overestimate Barr and under estimate the institution of the federal judiciary. If Trump doesn’t pardon Flynn I suspect he will be sentenced to some prison time now. Trump lost at the Supreme Court yesterday 7-2 on his tax returns, so I think his constant bashing of the federal judiciary is starting to get tiresome (Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Roberts all voted against Trump and the DOJ). Trump will pardon Flynn if he sees it as an upside for him in the election, but remember Trump only does what he thinks is in his personal best interest. I think he is “ woke” enough lol to realize that a pardon will look bad and narcissists hate looking bad. IMO Flynn is totally f###[#] right now because to Trump loyalty is a one way street. :thumb:

I don't know what will happen and don't know this area of the law. I wonder if the whole circuit will want to get invovled, as en banc is rare and they may not want to touch this hot potato, regardless of their personal feelings. By denying en banc, they won't be criticized. I wonder if a federal judge has the right/ability to make this en banc request? I don't know if this could get to the Sup Ct, but, if it could, I assume the Judge would not prevail. In my view, he has been overstepping his bounds and authority. I see enough evidence of abuses by the government, perhaps 3 of them, so my view is that DOJ under Barr should have intervened.

Dutch Lane said:
kemajic said:
There really isn’t much left to do for the prosecution Kem. Flynn has already entered guilty pleas on the record in front of two different judge so he stands convicted. The only thing left to do is his sentencing by judge Sullivan. Once that is done then Flynn can appeal his conviction to the dc circuit. You overestimate Barr and under estimate the institution of the federal judiciary. If Trump doesn’t pardon Flynn I suspect he will be sentenced to some prison time now. Trump lost at the Supreme Court yesterday 7-2 on his tax returns, so I think his constant bashing of the federal judiciary is starting to get tiresome (Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Roberts all voted against Trump and the DOJ). Trump will pardon Flynn if he sees it as an upside for him in the election, but remember Trump only does what he thinks is in his personal best interest. I think he is “ woke” enough lol to realize that a pardon will look bad and narcissists hate looking bad. IMO Flynn is totally fucked right now because to Trump loyalty is a one way street. :thumb:

Trump pardoning Flynn will look bad to whom? People who already were never going to vote for Trump anyways?

Only does what is in his personal best interest? What was Trump’s upside in passing prison reform? Exiting the Iran Nuclear deal? Exiting the Paris Accord? Approving the Keystone Pipeline? Exiting WHO? Holding UN/NATO accountable financially?

And are you implying that Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Roberts all voted against Trump because they’re “tired” of his bashing of the judiciary? :roll: :roll:

AZGrizFan said:
Dutch Lane said:

Trump pardoning Flynn will look bad to whom? People who already were never going to vote for Trump anyways?

Only does what is in his personal best interest? What was Trump’s upside in passing prison reform? Exiting the Iran Nuclear deal? Exiting the Paris Accord? Approving the Keystone Pipeline? Exiting WHO? Holding UN/NATO accountable financially?

And are you implying that Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Roberts all voted against Trump because they’re “tired” of his bashing of the judiciary? :roll: :roll:

Speaking of the Iranian Nuclear deal:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/10/world/middleeast/iran-nuclear-trump.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Would like to hear IDAs take even though I understand he can't address what is happening.

mcg said:
PlayerRep said:
Along the same line as your post, I sent the following email to the Missoula mayor last week (and posted this in this thread):

"See (below) what Cindy Farr said in the Missoulian recently. How would requiring masks in licensed business solve the problem that Cindy has stated? Where’s the data showing how many people have been infected in licensed businesses in Missoula or Missoula County? It drives me nuts when people just pull ideas out of a hat, and they have no data to back up the idea. Maybe there is data. If so, articulate it.

"Cindy Farr, incident commander for the local Health Department's COVID-19 response team, [said] in her daily briefing on Wednesday.

"The cases indicate that we are affecting those closest to us, those that we probably care about the most and are spending the most time with. We’re seeing families, friends and workplaces affected."

If the Missoula cases are affecting people who know each other, i.e. families, friends and work colleagues, why would masks in licensed businesses be necessary or helpful?"

To keep the virus from jumping from family A to family B (and C and D and......)

Perhaps, but I have not seen any data in Missoula articles to suggest that spread has occurred in a restaurant, or that a restaurant employee has spread to a customer. Nor data on spread from a business employee to a customer or visitor. In fact, the above article suggests that that is now how spread is occurring.

Thus, I still don't see the new Missoula mask requirement as being connected to data or reality that it will keep spread from going to family A to family B. Obviously, the health department has more data than I do. But, if they want more people to adhere to these things, they need to release more data and explain why these requirements will help.

It makes sense to me that spread can occur in crowded indoor bars.

AZGrizFan said:
Dutch Lane said:

Good post. Like you, I don't like people just spewing a narrative, and then providing no facts to back it up, or cherry-picking.

Again, I don't like Trump (as opposed to some of his policies), but the constant bashing of Trump, including dishonest articles and headlines, got old long ago. The Wall St Journal has a recent editorial saying the next pandemic will be Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Things are getting interesting and I hope Australia joins. The Aussies always welcomed our service members when I was on active duty.

https://m-economictimes-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/m.economictimes.com/news/defence/in-clear-message-to-china-india-to-invite-australian-navy-for-malabar-drill/amp_articleshow/76885282.cms?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fm.economictimes.com%2Fnews%2Fdefence%2Fin-clear-message-to-china-india-to-invite-australian-navy-for-malabar-drill%2Farticleshow%2F76885282.cms

Today's MT virus report:

Another record. 127 new cases. 54 in Yellowstone, 39 in Gallatin, 28 in Richland, 5 in Big Horn (now up to 107). None in Missoula (the new mask requirement is already working). 2 in Lake.

21 hospitalizations, 710 active cases, and 28 deaths. Deaths are coming from the Billings dementia facility. I assume there will be many more there. That is unfortunate.

"There were also two additional deaths tied to the Canyon Creek Memory Care center in Billings, a man in his 90s and a man in his 80s, who both died Thursday.

Earlier this week, the public health agency in Yellowstone County announced that more than 60 residents and more than a dozen employees at Canyon Creek Memory Care had tested positive for the virus. Three residents have died at the facility from COVID-19.[Now up to 5 there.]

[11 of 28 deaths in MT in 2 elder homes. In June, NY Times said 42% of deaths had been in elder homes.]

Many of the new cases recently have been tied to gatherings beyond what current guidelines recommend, such as weddings. Others are related to group settings such as workplaces. There's also an outbreak on the Crow Reservation in southeastern Montana."

https://missoulian.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/montana-adds-127-covid-19-cases-another-record-2-more-deaths-in-billings/article_9e28947f-5060-515a-8535-6aea346ff128.html#tracking-source=home-breaking

PlayerRep said:
Today's MT virus report:

Another record. 127 new cases. 54 in Yellowstone, 39 in Gallatin, 28 in Richland, 5 in Big Horn (now up to 107). None in Missoula (the new mask requirement is already working). 2 in Lake.

21 hospitalizations, 710 active cases, and 28 deaths. Deaths are coming from the Billings dementia facility. I assume there will be many more there. That is unfortunate.

"There were also two additional deaths tied to the Canyon Creek Memory Care center in Billings, a man in his 90s and a man in his 80s, who both died Thursday.

Earlier this week, the public health agency in Yellowstone County announced that more than 60 residents and more than a dozen employees at Canyon Creek Memory Care had tested positive for the virus. Three residents have died at the facility from COVID-19.[Now up to 5 there.]

Many of the new cases recently have been tied to gatherings beyond what current guidelines recommend, such as weddings. Others are related to group settings such as workplaces. There's also an outbreak on the Crow Reservation in southeastern Montana."

https://missoulian.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/montana-adds-127-covid-19-cases-another-record-2-more-deaths-in-billings/article_9e28947f-5060-515a-8535-6aea346ff128.html#tracking-source=home-breaking

Thanks. I'm pretty concerned with the Crow outbreak and how many of the ones in Billings are also Crow. Have many friends in Lodge Grass.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

Good post. Like you, I don't like people just spewing a narrative, and then providing no facts to back it up, or cherry-picking.

Again, I don't like Trump (as opposed to some of his policies), but the constant bashing of Trump, including dishonest articles and headlines, got old long ago. The Wall St Journal has a recent editorial saying the next pandemic will be Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Well I won’t hold my hand on my ass waiting for Dutch to back up his claims. He’s still waiting for Crozier to get reinstated on the Roosevelt.... :lol:

kemajic said:
Dutch Lane said:
IMO Sullivan is the one totally f###[#] right now. He can be removed from the case by the appeals court, which I suspect he views as his ticket to martyrdom. Your TDS overrides any semblance of common sense.
Why would the DC Circuit remove him from the case when there hasn’t been a motion filed by DOJ or Flynn’s attorney to do that and they would to have to allege some ethical violation against Sullivan. What would the be basis for that? He hasn’t even had a chance to rule on DOJ’s motion to dismiss the prosecution. That will happen once the case is remanded back if the en banc review overrules decision made by the 3 judge panel. Kem no need to get personal, read the briefs and the court orders like I did, they are very illuminating don’t just rely on Fox headlines. Read my man, simply read the court filings, and the truth will set your free.

Back