• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Some Ask a Taboo Question: Is America Overreacting to Coronavirus?

Dutch Lane said:
kemajic said:
IMO Sullivan is the one totally f###[#] right now. He can be removed from the case by the appeals court, which I suspect he views as his ticket to martyrdom. Your TDS overrides any semblance of common sense.
Why would the DC Circuit remove him from the case when there hasn’t been a motion filed by DOJ or Flynn’s attorney to do that and they would to have to allege some ethical violation against Sullivan. What would the be basis for that? He hasn’t even had a chance to rule on DOJ’s motion to dismiss the prosecution. That will happen once the case is remanded back if the en banc review overrules decision made by the 3 judge panel. Kem no need to get personal, read the briefs and the court orders like I did, they are very illuminating don’t just rely on Fox headlines. Read my man, simply read the court filings, and the truth will set you free.

AZGrizFan said:
Dutch Lane said:
There really isn’t much left to do for the prosecution Kem. Flynn has already entered guilty pleas on the record in front of two different judge so he stands convicted. The only thing left to do is his sentencing by judge Sullivan. Once that is done then Flynn can appeal his conviction to the dc circuit. You overestimate Barr and under estimate the institution of the federal judiciary. If Trump doesn’t pardon Flynn I suspect he will be sentenced to some prison time now. Trump lost at the Supreme Court yesterday 7-2 on his tax returns, so I think his constant bashing of the federal judiciary is starting to get tiresome (Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Roberts all voted against Trump and the DOJ). Trump will pardon Flynn if he sees it as an upside for him in the election, but remember Trump only does what he thinks is in his personal best interest. I think he is “ woke” enough lol to realize that a pardon will look bad and narcissists hate looking bad. IMO Flynn is totally f###[#] right now because to Trump loyalty is a one way street. :thumb:

Trump pardoning Flynn will look bad to whom? People who already were never going to vote for Trump anyways?

Only does what is in his personal best interest? What was Trump’s upside in passing prison reform? Exiting the Iran Nuclear deal? Exiting the Paris Accord? Approving the Keystone Pipeline? Exiting WHO? Holding UN/NATO accountable financially?

And are you implying that Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Roberts all voted against Trump because they’re “tired” of his bashing of the judiciary? :roll: :roll:

What my thesis is that Trump has been denigrating the federal judiciary since he announced his election bid. Claiming a judge who had a Latino sir name would make a biased ruling against him because the guy was Mexican even though he was born in Indiana. Things like that start to take its toll after awhile. You never advise your “client” in this case Trump to take shots at the judges deciding the case for a reason.

If Trump, unlike you didn’t care about appearances he would have fired Rosenstein and Muller, and he would have issued pardons for Manafort, Stone and Flynn along time ago, but he’s afraid to at the moment because of the political fall out 4 months from the election Trump is smarter then you give him credit. Why hasn’t he pardoned those guys Az what’s he waiting on?

He’s anything if not a survivor and he will do his biding in due time. I believe his strategy was for Barr to handle the Flynn case for him so he doesn’t have to use a pardon. We will see now if that will still work, like I said there is a 7-4 split on the dc circuit and I think it will follow precedent and the federal rules of criminal procedure to reach the correct result. Then it will be up to the Supreme Court to overrule it’s own precedent to save Flynn, which I don’t think they will do because Roberts cares more about procedure and the rule of law then saving Trump from himself. So there’s that. Why do you think I’m wrong? Roberts, Gorsuch and Kavanaugh voted with the majority because they aren’t total shills like Naomi Rao, the trump appointed judge who wrote the opinion that the Flynn case should be taken away from Sullivan and be dismissed. She will have to convince at least 4 of her fellow judge that her legal analysis was correct which it wasn’t. So that’s my take on it. Like I said to Kem, read the briefs and court orders and educate yourself, or not. I doubt you you have the level of intellectual curiosity necessary to read 100s of pages of court documents to decide for your self, so just keep relying on the Foxnews and Breitbart cliff notes. Lol MAGA and KAG, all lives matter!

Ps. What did you think of the blm mural painted on Fifth Ave. right in front of Trump Tower, it was permitted by the city, by the way. Goddamn I love my country, we aren’t all a bunch of lemmings. :thumb:

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
Good post. Like you, I don't like people just spewing a narrative, and then providing no facts to back it up, or cherry-picking.

Again, I don't like Trump (as opposed to some of his policies), but the constant bashing of Trump, including dishonest articles and headlines, got old long ago. The Wall St Journal has a recent editorial saying the next pandemic will be Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Well I won’t hold my hand on my ass waiting for Dutch to back up his claims. He’s still waiting for Crozier to get reinstated on the Roosevelt.... :lol:

Jesus, Az I do have a real job to attend to at times. It’s like about 10 of you fellas against little old me. I can’t keep up with all the bullshit that gets spewed here around the clock. So keep your hands over your ass and I will try and keep up better on my correspondence to the thread.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
Trump pardoning Flynn will look bad to whom? People who already were never going to vote for Trump anyways?

Only does what is in his personal best interest? What was Trump’s upside in passing prison reform? Exiting the Iran Nuclear deal? Exiting the Paris Accord? Approving the Keystone Pipeline? Exiting WHO? Holding UN/NATO accountable financially?

And are you implying that Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Roberts all voted against Trump because they’re “tired” of his bashing of the judiciary? :roll: :roll:

Good post. Like you, I don't like people just spewing a narrative, and then providing no facts to back it up, or cherry-picking.

Again, I don't like Trump (as opposed to some of his policies), but the constant bashing of Trump, including dishonest articles and headlines, got old long ago. The Wall St Journal has a recent editorial saying the next pandemic will be Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Pr, please do point out the fallacy in my narrative and what did I cherry pick? Have you read Rao’s decision or Sullivan’s brief? The most enlightening filing was Gleeson's 98 page pummeling of Barr and the DOJ.

Dutch Lane said:
AZGrizFan said:

What my thesis is that Trump has been denigrating the federal judiciary since he announced his election bid. Claiming a judge who had a Latino sir name would make a biased ruling against him because the guy was Mexican even though he was born in Indiana. Things like that start to take its toll after awhile. You never advise your “client” in this case Trump to take shots at the judges deciding the case for a reason.

If Trump, unlike you didn’t care about appearances he would have fired Rosenstein and Muller, and he would have issued pardons for Manafort, Stone and Flynn along time ago, but he’s afraid to at the moment because of the political fall out 4 months from the election Trump is smarter then you give him credit. Why hasn’t he pardoned those guys Az what’s he waiting on?

He’s anything if not a survivor and he will do his biding in due time. I believe his strategy was for Barr to handle the Flynn case for him so he doesn’t have to use a pardon. We will see now if that will still work, like I said there is a 7-4 split on the dc circuit and I think it will follow precedent and the federal rules of criminal procedure to reach the correct result. Then it will be up to the Supreme Court to overrule it’s own precedent to save Flynn, which I don’t think they will do because Roberts cares more about procedure and the rule of law then saving Trump from himself. So there’s that. Why do you think I’m wrong? Roberts, Gorsuch and Kavanaugh voted with the majority because they aren’t total shills like Naomi Rao, the trump appointed judge who wrote the opinion that the Flynn case should be taken away from Sullivan and be dismissed. She will have to convince at least 4 of her fellow judge that her legal analysis was correct which it wasn’t. So that’s my take on it. Like I said to Kem, read the briefs and court orders and educate yourself, or not. I doubt you you have the level of intellectual curiosity necessary to read 100s of pages of court documents to decide for your self, so just keep relying on the Foxnews and Breitbart cliff notes. Lol MAGA and KAG, all lives matter!

Ps. What did you think of the blm mural painted on Fifth Ave. right in front of Trump Tower, it was permitted by the city, by the way. Goddamn I love my country, we aren’t all a bunch of lemmings. :thumb:

I generally agree with your first para. Also, some, but not all, of the 2d para. The Trumpees except Cohen will likely get pardons, whether Trump is elected or not. Pardons might come sooner if he wasn't elected.

Why don't you explain and link the key things from the Circuit opinion and brief, that supports your thinking that the recent order will be overturned. Since you've read them. My impression from a article or two was that there is pretty good precedent for the Circuit opinion, but I don't know this area.

My view is that one or more of the 3 things cited by the DOJ motion to dicmiss was very egregious, and there is plenty of basis for doing what the DOJ did. And, it's the decision of the prosecutors, not the judge.

My uneducated view is that the Sup. Ct. would side with the DOJ.

Dutch Lane said:
PlayerRep said:

Pr, please do point out the fallacy in my narrative and what did I cherry pick? Have you read Rao’s decision or Sullivan’s brief? The most enlightening filing was Gleeson's 98 page pummeling of Barr and the DOJ.

My post was a general one and not directed at you. But, an example for you, would be that you would assert that Trump said that disinfectants should be ingested to ward oof the virus, and he did not say that.

Barr is toucher and smarter than Gleeson. I assume the DOJ to push back hard on the Gleeson brief. The rule of law needs to prevail over the mistakes, biases, and not-kosher actions of the early DOJ and FBI in the Flynn case.

Much what you say is colored by your biases, in my view.

Missoula county's new mask requirement for indoor public places. I wonder how compliance will be especially in the areas outside of Missoula. My view is that Bullock is afraid to issue such an order, because it may affect his election chances. Same with Mayor Engen. And the county health department is using the board to deflect attention to them.

"Public indoor spaces include but are not limited to retail stores, restaurants and bars, doctor offices, building lobbies and elevators, gyms and fitness services, gas stations, nonprofits, buses, and ride sharing services.

[I wonder how many people will avoid doctors' offices and then end up with health problems. I can see the doctors' office wanting to require this, tho. How many people will avoid restaurants because they won't want to wear a mask when waiting for food. My ears aren't great. I can't hear conversation well when people don't have masks. Gyms, I don't think so. Where's the data on spreading from gyms where people are spacing and being careful.]

Leahy said her order will also include recommendations for masks for youth ages 2 to 12. [Good luck with this one.]

In a setting such as a restaurant, Leahy said the health department would like people to wear masks when waiting on their order or their check after their meal."

[This will result in fewer people going to restaurants. Also, where's the data on spread in restaurants in Missoula?]

https://missoulian.com/news/local/missoula-county-requires-face-masks-at-indoor-public-spaces/article_84d64b3b-0b69-5bce-8c28-9a39cdcdeb64.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

Nineteen more people associated with Canyon Creek Memory Care in Billings have tested positive for COVID-19, according to a Friday afternoon press release from Yellowstone County's health department.

The 19 include nine staff members and ten residents, the release from Barbara Schneeman with RiverStone Health, Yellowstone County’s public health department, states. The 19 were included in Yellowstone County's 54 new cases reported Friday morning by the state.

That brings the total number of people affiliated with Canyon Creek who have tested positive for COVID-19 to 91. That's 55 residents and 36 employees.

Seven of those new positive patients had previously tested negative for COVID-19, and another seven had tests that were either unsatisfactory or inconclusive, according to the release. Five people were newly tested.

Five Canyon Creek residents have died since Monday, and another four residents are hospitalized in Yellowstone County hospitals.

Notice from our Big Sky condo association manager. Note that this indoor pool gets very little usage in the summer or winter. I didn't use it once this winter. Half of the time when we go to it, there is no one there.

"Good afternoon, Condo Owners,

Please be advised that the state of Montana remains in Phase 2 of reopening which does not permit HOA pools to open. This is due to no attendant to monitor capacity, wipe down/sanitize areas of concern after use, etc. We have received numerous requests to hire an attendant, utilize volunteers, among other ideas and suggestions.

Note that at this point in time, the liability surrounding these suggestions is too high and the pool license could be at stake if there were any violations to the guidelines.

We understand the frustration and appreciates your patience and cooperation during this uncertainty."

[One virus death so far in all of Gallatin county.]

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

I think that has been going on for 3+ years already!

MikeyGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

It has, but now it's heading towards "pandemic".

PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:

"Don't think this is behind pay wall.]

"It’s been going around for some time and now appears to be in danger of spreading widely. I refer not to Covid-19, but to Donald-20, or, to use its pseudoscientific name, Trump Derangement Syndrome. Research has shown that TDS appears in five stages, each of advanced intensity. Perhaps there will be some value, if not promise of diminishment, in setting these parameters out for public awareness.

The cause of TDS is clear enough—Donald Trump, his looks, his manner, his nearly every utterance. So far there is no known cure. Ventilators are unnecessary in TDS, for people who progress beyond the first stage tend to vent quite vigorously on their own.

In Stage One, the afflicted has decided before 2016 that Donald Trump has serious, even strenuous, character flaws that disqualified him for the presidency or any other public office.

In Stage Two, one dwells upon Donald Trump’s looks.

In Stage Three, one is ready to believe anything—anything pernicious or salacious, that is—about Mr. Trump and to reject anything he has done that might be good for the country, if only because he is the man who did it.

In Stage Four, one imputes evil to Mr. Trump. One believes he became president of the United States to boost his hotel business. One is certain he has it in mind to create a dynasty, with Don Jr. and Jared Kushner waiting to succeed him as president-emperor. Even should Mr. Trump lose the forthcoming presidential election, Stage Four derangement syndrome sufferers believe he is unlikely to depart the White House willingly and is not beyond using military force to keep himself in power.

In Stage Five TDS, one is weighted down with all the symptoms of the first four stages, but brings to them an added choleric intensity of anger. At the mere mention of the name Donald Trump, unprintable expletives issue out of one’s foam-flecked lips.

Still, the nice thing about Trump Derangement Syndrome is that to prevent catching or spreading it, you don’t have to wear a mask or always be washing your hands or practice social distancing. All you have to do is turn off your television set."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-next-pandemic-trump-derangement-syndrome-11594336574

Just read Trump commuted Stone’ s sentence. Wow ballsy fucking move. Touché. Will it have been worth it is the big question. Next up Flynn, Manafort, et al., I don’t think this is going to gin up any new votes like you said Az. Curious as to why a commutation and not a full pardon. I read in essay on that in NewsWeek which argued Trump couldn’t pardon Stone because It could be construed as obstruction of justice because of Stones refusal to cooperate with the Mueller investigation. Stone was the fire wall between Trump and Wikileaks and Putin, if Trump would have pardoned Stone in exchange for his silence, the next DOJ could still prosecute Trump when he’s out of office for a quid pro quo. Paying Stone for his silence which would be indicted as conspiracy among other charges, but which saved Trump from impeachment and prosecution. That’s the opinion of the article anyway, she was a retried DOJ prosecutor.

PR, have you heard that rumor that a commutation rather a pardon would shield Trump from potential criminal liability and a pardon wouldn’t, once he was out of office? I will try and find the article and post it. I’m sure the best legal minds in America have researched and strategized these type of decisions going forward for him. If rump wins and Baar is AG, no worries. But if Trump loses and Biden nominates any of a number of former US attorneys to be his new law and order AG, like say Preet Bharara, or the recently fired Jeff Berman, or Jim Comey, Andy Mcabe, maybe Andy Wiesman, legal karma lol. They will be looking up Trumps ass for evidence of crimes for the next 8 years. Fellas it’s is paramount that you all get out to vote or he’s going jail. IMO lol.

As much as I dislike Trump as president I do find his antics and statements and tactics entertaining as hell, like a car wreck you have to look. He is shameless, maybe that’s why it is so fascinating to watch him riff and throw out complete bullshit like it’s true and he believes it’s true.

He has busted every traditional norm and greatly enhanced the power of the executive to its highest point since FDR. I’m not a fan of the unitary executive so, but you MAGA fellas are going to get a belly full of executive orders if Trump loses. Here’s a fun one I read about about for you 2A disciples, a federal tax on bullets, well because they are not technically the “arm” in firearm now are they, or limit the right to only possess revolutionary war era muskets (think black power like rendezvous lol). Or this crazy one you can only possess a certain number of bullets at a time, like 3, or you have to get a ration card that you redeem once a month for 6 bullets. So you will have to make every shot count. Really crazy things that someone is researching right now at some progressive think tank. I’m thinking that if Trump loses you are going to see at least 4 maybe 5 or 6 Supreme Court vacancies, so this is a really fucking important election. We shall see, :thumb:

PlayerRep said:
PlayerRep said:

"Don't think this is behind pay wall.]

"It’s been going around for some time and now appears to be in danger of spreading widely. I refer not to Covid-19, but to Donald-20, or, to use its pseudoscientific name, Trump Derangement Syndrome. Research has shown that TDS appears in five stages, each of advanced intensity. Perhaps there will be some value, if not promise of diminishment, in setting these parameters out for public awareness.

The cause of TDS is clear enough—Donald Trump, his looks, his manner, his nearly every utterance. So far there is no known cure. Ventilators are unnecessary in TDS, for people who progress beyond the first stage tend to vent quite vigorously on their own.

In Stage One, the afflicted has decided before 2016 that Donald Trump has serious, even strenuous, character flaws that disqualified him for the presidency or any other public office.

In Stage Two, one dwells upon Donald Trump’s looks.

In Stage Three, one is ready to believe anything—anything pernicious or salacious, that is—about Mr. Trump and to reject anything he has done that might be good for the country, if only because he is the man who did it.

In Stage Four, one imputes evil to Mr. Trump. One believes he became president of the United States to boost his hotel business. One is certain he has it in mind to create a dynasty, with Don Jr. and Jared Kushner waiting to succeed him as president-emperor. Even should Mr. Trump lose the forthcoming presidential election, Stage Four derangement syndrome sufferers believe he is unlikely to depart the White House willingly and is not beyond using military force to keep himself in power.

In Stage Five TDS, one is weighted down with all the symptoms of the first four stages, but brings to them an added choleric intensity of anger. At the mere mention of the name Donald Trump, unprintable expletives issue out of one’s foam-flecked lips.

Still, the nice thing about Trump Derangement Syndrome is that to prevent catching or spreading it, you don’t have to wear a mask or always be washing your hands or practice social distancing. All you have to do is turn off your television set."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-next-pandemic-trump-derangement-syndrome-11594336574

boy guy my heart goes out to him!..I think he hit stage (5)...I fear he might not come out of it and live a normal life again!

Dutch Lane said:
AZGrizFan said:
Well I won’t hold my hand on my ass waiting for Dutch to back up his claims. He’s still waiting for Crozier to get reinstated on the Roosevelt.... :lol:

Jesus, Az I do have a real job to attend to at times. It’s like about 10 of you fellas against little old me. I can’t keep up with all the bullshit that gets spewed here around the clock. So keep your hands over your ass and I will try and keep up better on my correspondence to the thread.

I’ll take that as you stipulating that you can’t/won’t back up your ridiculous diatribes....and FWIW, most of the bullshit getting spewed here is by you, ambulance chaser. :cool:

Day 99 Since Crozier was relieved.... :lol:

Dutch Lane said:
AZGrizFan said:

Stone - commuted. One down (so much for “waiting” on something).

The “mural” is graffiti. If it’s deemed NOT graffiti, then anyone, at any time, is free to paint over it with THEIR own mural. The street becomes a blank palate.

And yes, you TDS’ers ARE a bunch of lemmings.

I think I understand now what happened with Stone. Trump was barred by the constitution from pardoning Stone, thus the commutation of his sentence. I imagine that it will apply to anyone involved in the Russia investigation, including Flynn. No pardons only commuted sentences for any of the fellas but only after they are convicted and sentenced for a federal crime. Anyone have any thoughts on this. I see some commutations coming for Manafort and Flynn once he is sentenced. Well played by Whitehouse counsel Pat Cipollone and I’m sure Barr had a hand in this corruption. :thumb:

Nixon never even pardoned any of his fellas because even he thought he couldn’t get away with it. I’m now predicting that Trump pardons himself and his entire family for anything they did that was illegal under federal law. I don’t think the theory of a president self pardoning was contemplated by the founders. Lol I believe we will find out on January 21, 2020 of last minute pardons and commutations of Trumps friends and relatives. Lol :thumb:

Dutch Lane said:
I think I understand now what happened with Stone. Trump was barred by the constitution from pardoning Stone, thus the commutation of his sentence. I imagine that it will apply to anyone involved in the Russia investigation, including Flynn. No pardons only commuted sentences for any of the fellas but only after they are convicted and sentenced for a federal crime. Anyone have any thoughts on this. I see some commutations coming for Manafort and Flynn once he is sentenced. Well played by Whitehouse counsel Pat Cipollone and I’m sure Barr had a hand in this corruption. :thumb:

Nixon never even pardoned any of his fellas because even he thought he couldn’t get away with it. I’m now predicting that Trump pardons himself and his entire family for anything they did that was illegal under federal law. I don’t think the theory of a president self pardoning was contemplated by the founders. Lol I believe we will find out on January 21, 2020 of last minute pardons and commutations of Trumps friends and relatives. Lol :thumb:

The corruption was in the impeachment/investigation in the first place. Done under Obama/Biden. THAT was the corrupt part.

Dutch Lane said:
Touché Az, you the man when it comes to knowing what Trump might do, I sure can’t call em like you do, oh wise one. :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumb:

Flynn and Manafort? Now or after election. I think he saves em uses down the road to distract from a bad news week cycle or something to juice the base. I also think there will be a lot of specious executive orders flying out of the whitehouse until election. Foxnews is starting to ramp up attacks on Biden and Duckworth, it game on fellas. I can’t even keep up with posts before he does something else.

I think I understand now what happened with Stone. Trump was barred by the constitution from pardoning Stone, thus the commutation of his sentence. I imagine that it will apply to anyone involved in the Russia investigation, including Flynn. No pardons only commuted sentences for any of the fellas but only after they are convicted and sentenced for a federal crime. Anyone have any thoughts on this. I see some commutations coming for Manafort and Flynn once he is sentenced. Well played by Whitehouse counsel Pat Cipollone and I’m sure Barr had a hand in this corruption.

Nixon never even pardoned any of his fellas because even he thought he couldn’t get away with it. I’m now predicting that Trump pardons himself and his entire family for anything they did that was illegal under federal law. I don’t think the theory of a president self pardoning was contemplated by the founders. Lol I believe we will find out on January 21, 2020 of last minute pardons and commutations of Trump himself and friends and relatives. Lol :thumb: Highly reckless to some degree but he is certainly is not dumb. He has the best legal minds at DOJ working on plan B his exist strategy. There are a lot of loose ends and investigations to tie up. Wonder if Barr will enter into a non prosecution agreement of Trump and his people:and sign it right before they both leave office. Clinton did the same thing so he would not get prosecuted for lying when he left office and that was with Ken Starr who was a prick. This will be an agreement be between friends and political allies, Trump and Barr who represents the govt. in the agreement who most importantly he Trumps favorite wingman, like Holder and Obama. Lol. Wonder though if you have to have identifiable potential charges as part of the agreement unlike a blanket pardon.

This will be the most riveting and entertaining election in history. Trumps will ramp up the base and go postal on Biden and anyone he thinks is attacking him. This fucking pandemic is the only thing holding us back, I want more rally’s and marches it’s what makes our country so fucking great the right to assemble and march and rally and say whatever the fuck you want to say about Trump or Biden, open carry, Anti fa, dandy boys, blm, Goddamn I love my country :thumb: What’s the consensus on the thread about the desecration of the confederate statutes? It’s a great distraction for Trump imo. He knows how to craft a narrative and sell it shamelessly.

Latest posts

Back