• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Some Ask a Taboo Question: Is America Overreacting to Coronavirus?

AZGrizFan said:
Dutch Lane said:
Jesus, Az I do have a real job to attend to at times. It’s like about 10 of you fellas against little old me. I can’t keep up with all the bullshit that gets spewed here around the clock. So keep your hands over your ass and I will try and keep up better on my correspondence to the thread.

I’ll take that as you stipulating that you can’t/won’t back up your ridiculous diatribes....and FWIW, most of the bullshit getting spewed here is by you, ambulance chaser. :cool:

Day 99 Since Crozier was relieved.... :lol:

Ambulance chaser why you lousy mother fucker I oughta kick the living sh................wait a minute, come on Az, nobody says ambulance chaser, the preferred nomenclature is client counseling. We hang out in emergency room waiting rooms with fee agreement forms and wait for the aggrieved family member to show up in shock in need of a PI attorney. That’s like client counseling 101 Az, right after posting your business card all over the detention center waiting area and of course the prison library.smdh :lol: :thumb:

PlayerRep said:
Dutch Lane said:
What my thesis is that Trump has been denigrating the federal judiciary since he announced his election bid. Claiming a judge who had a Latino sir name would make a biased ruling against him because the guy was Mexican even though he was born in Indiana. Things like that start to take its toll after awhile. You never advise your “client” in this case Trump to take shots at the judges deciding the case for a reason.

If Trump, unlike you didn’t care about appearances he would have fired Rosenstein and Muller, and he would have issued pardons for Manafort, Stone and Flynn along time ago, but he’s afraid to at the moment because of the political fall out 4 months from the election Trump is smarter then you give him credit. Why hasn’t he pardoned those guys Az what’s he waiting on?

He’s anything if not a survivor and he will do his biding in due time. I believe his strategy was for Barr to handle the Flynn case for him so he doesn’t have to use a pardon. We will see now if that will still work, like I said there is a 7-4 split on the dc circuit and I think it will follow precedent and the federal rules of criminal procedure to reach the correct result. Then it will be up to the Supreme Court to overrule it’s own precedent to save Flynn, which I don’t think they will do because Roberts cares more about procedure and the rule of law then saving Trump from himself. So there’s that. Why do you think I’m wrong? Roberts, Gorsuch and Kavanaugh voted with the majority because they aren’t total shills like Naomi Rao, the trump appointed judge who wrote the opinion that the Flynn case should be taken away from Sullivan and be dismissed. She will have to convince at least 4 of her fellow judge that her legal analysis was correct which it wasn’t. So that’s my take on it. Like I said to Kem, read the briefs and court orders and educate yourself, or not. I doubt you you have the level of intellectual curiosity necessary to read 100s of pages of court documents to decide for your self, so just keep relying on the Foxnews and Breitbart cliff notes. Lol MAGA and KAG, all lives matter!

Ps. What did you think of the blm mural painted on Fifth Ave. right in front of Trump Tower, it was permitted by the city, by the way. Goddamn I love my country, we aren’t all a bunch of lemmings. :thumb:

I generally agree with your first para. Also, some, but not all, of the 2d para. The Trumpees except Cohen will likely get pardons, whether Trump is elected or not. Pardons might come sooner if he wasn't elected.

Why don't you explain and link the key things from the Circuit opinion and brief, that supports your thinking that the recent order will be overturned. Since you've read them. My impression from a article or two was that there is pretty good precedent for the Circuit opinion, but I don't know this area.

My view is that one or more of the 3 things cited by the DOJ motion to dicmiss was very egregious, and there is plenty of basis for doing what the DOJ did. And, it's the decision of the prosecutors, not the judge.

My uneducated view is that the Sup. Ct. would side with the DOJ.

Dutch? Show us some substance. We don't care how big your mouth is or what you think.

PlayerRep said:
Dutch Lane said:
What my thesis is that Trump has been denigrating the federal judiciary since he announced his election bid. Claiming a judge who had a Latino sir name would make a biased ruling against him because the guy was Mexican even though he was born in Indiana. Things like that start to take its toll after awhile. You never advise your “client” in this case Trump to take shots at the judges deciding the case for a reason.

If Trump, unlike you didn’t care about appearances he would have fired Rosenstein and Muller, and he would have issued pardons for Manafort, Stone and Flynn along time ago, but he’s afraid to at the moment because of the political fall out 4 months from the election Trump is smarter then you give him credit. Why hasn’t he pardoned those guys Az what’s he waiting on?

He’s anything if not a survivor and he will do his biding in due time. I believe his strategy was for Barr to handle the Flynn case for him so he doesn’t have to use a pardon. We will see now if that will still work, like I said there is a 7-4 split on the dc circuit and I think it will follow precedent and the federal rules of criminal procedure to reach the correct result. Then it will be up to the Supreme Court to overrule it’s own precedent to save Flynn, which I don’t think they will do because Roberts cares more about procedure and the rule of law then saving Trump from himself. So there’s that. Why do you think I’m wrong? Roberts, Gorsuch and Kavanaugh voted with the majority because they aren’t total shills like Naomi Rao, the trump appointed judge who wrote the opinion that the Flynn case should be taken away from Sullivan and be dismissed. She will have to convince at least 4 of her fellow judge that her legal analysis was correct which it wasn’t. So that’s my take on it. Like I said to Kem, read the briefs and court orders and educate yourself, or not. I doubt you you have the level of intellectual curiosity necessary to read 100s of pages of court documents to decide for your self, so just keep relying on the Foxnews and Breitbart cliff notes. Lol MAGA and KAG, all lives matter!

Ps. What did you think of the blm mural painted on Fifth Ave. right in front of Trump Tower, it was permitted by the city, by the way. Goddamn I love my country, we aren’t all a bunch of lemmings. :thumb:

I generally agree with your first para. Also, some, but not all, of the 2d para. The Trumpees except Cohen will likely get pardons, whether Trump is elected or not. Pardons might come sooner if he wasn't elected.

Why don't you explain and link the key things from the Circuit opinion and brief, that supports your thinking that the recent order will be overturned. Since you've read them. My impression from a article or two was that there is pretty good precedent for the Circuit opinion, but I don't know this area.

My view is that one or more of the 3 things cited by the DOJ motion to dicmiss was very egregious, and there is plenty of basis for doing what the DOJ did. And, it's the decision of the prosecutors, not the judge.

Ditch. Are you there? Please respond.

Dutch Lane said:
I think I understand now what happened with Stone. Trump was barred by the constitution from pardoning Stone, thus the commutation of his sentence. I imagine that it will apply to anyone involved in the Russia investigation, including Flynn. No pardons only commuted sentences for any of the fellas but only after they are convicted and sentenced for a federal crime. Anyone have any thoughts on this. I see some commutations coming for Manafort and Flynn once he is sentenced. Well played by Whitehouse counsel Pat Cipollone and I’m sure Barr had a hand in this corruption. :thumb:

Nixon never even pardoned any of his fellas because even he thought he couldn’t get away with it. I’m now predicting that Trump pardons himself and his entire family for anything they did that was illegal under federal law. I don’t think the theory of a president self pardoning was contemplated by the founders. Lol I believe we will find out on January 21, 2020 of last minute pardons and commutations of Trumps friends and relatives. Lol :thumb:

Pls show us here pardon was barred by the Constitution.

Commuted to give him time to appeal, is what Trump said.

Dutch Lane said:
Dutch Lane said:
Touché Az, you the man when it comes to knowing what Trump might do, I sure can’t call em like you do, oh wise one. :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumb:

Flynn and Manafort? Now or after election. I think he saves em uses down the road to distract from a bad news week cycle or something to juice the base. I also think there will be a lot of specious executive orders flying out of the whitehouse until election. Foxnews is starting to ramp up attacks on Biden and Duckworth, it game on fellas. I can’t even keep up with posts before he does something else.

I think I understand now what happened with Stone. Trump was barred by the constitution from pardoning Stone, thus the commutation of his sentence. I imagine that it will apply to anyone involved in the Russia investigation, including Flynn. No pardons only commuted sentences for any of the fellas but only after they are convicted and sentenced for a federal crime. Anyone have any thoughts on this. I see some commutations coming for Manafort and Flynn once he is sentenced. Well played by Whitehouse counsel Pat Cipollone and I’m sure Barr had a hand in this corruption.

Nixon never even pardoned any of his fellas because even he thought he couldn’t get away with it. I’m now predicting that Trump pardons himself and his entire family for anything they did that was illegal under federal law. I don’t think the theory of a president self pardoning was contemplated by the founders. Lol I believe we will find out on January 21, 2020 of last minute pardons and commutations of Trump himself and friends and relatives. Lol :thumb: Highly reckless to some degree but he is certainly is not dumb. He has the best legal minds at DOJ working on plan B his exist strategy. There are a lot of loose ends and investigations to tie up. Wonder if Barr will enter into a non prosecution agreement of Trump and his people:and sign it right before they both leave office. Clinton did the same thing so he would not get prosecuted for lying when he left office and that was with Ken Starr who was a prick. This will be an agreement be between friends and political allies, Trump and Barr who represents the govt. in the agreement who most importantly he Trumps favorite wingman, like Holder and Obama. Lol. Wonder though if you have to have identifiable potential charges as part of the agreement unlike a blanket pardon.

This will be the most riveting and entertaining election in history. Trumps will ramp up the base and go postal on Biden and anyone he thinks is attacking him. This f###[#] pandemic is the only thing holding us back, I want more rally’s and marches it’s what makes our country so f###[#] great the right to assemble and march and rally and say whatever the [#]f### you want to say about Trump or Biden, open carry, Anti fa, dandy boys, blm, Goddamn I love my country :thumb: What’s the consensus on the thread about the desecration of the confederate statutes? It’s a great distraction for Trump imo. He knows how to craft a narrative and sell it shamelessly.

Nobody in Nixon's inner group had been charged when Nixon left. Dutch, you need to get some history.

You are a prime example of Trump Derangement Syndrome.

PlayerRep said:
Dutch Lane said:
I think I understand now what happened with Stone. Trump was barred by the constitution from pardoning Stone, thus the commutation of his sentence. I imagine that it will apply to anyone involved in the Russia investigation, including Flynn. No pardons only commuted sentences for any of the fellas but only after they are convicted and sentenced for a federal crime. Anyone have any thoughts on this. I see some commutations coming for Manafort and Flynn once he is sentenced. Well played by Whitehouse counsel Pat Cipollone and I’m sure Barr had a hand in this corruption. :thumb:

Nixon never even pardoned any of his fellas because even he thought he couldn’t get away with it. I’m now predicting that Trump pardons himself and his entire family for anything they did that was illegal under federal law. I don’t think the theory of a president self pardoning was contemplated by the founders. Lol I believe we will find out on January 21, 2020 of last minute pardons and commutations of Trumps friends and relatives. Lol :thumb:

Pls show us here pardon was barred by the Constitution.

Commuted to give him time to appeal, is what Trump said.

Jesus fucking Christ PR, article II, section II of course.Smh Trump said he gave him time to appeal? there’s no point to appeal now he’s free. Trumps not going to come out and say I can’t pardon you, because I don’t want to get prosecuted when I leave office, but I can commute your sentence. That’s why no pardon. He has very good legal counsel who are in uncharted waters and are being cautious as hell.

PlayerRep said:
PlayerRep said:

Dutch? Show us some substance. We don't care how big your mouth is or what you think.

Like your one line critiques. I just another wrote a tome and that’s all you got, lazy PR lazy.

PlayerRep said:

Nobody in Nixon's inner group had been charged when Nixon left. Dutch, you need to get some history.

You are a prime example of Trump Derangement Syndrome.

I have a BA in history didn’t Kem tell you? You remember G. Gordon Liddy and James McCord, they were in the middle of Nixons inner group, convicted January 1973, Nixon didn’t resign until August 1974. So there’s that. Don’t fuck with me I matriculated down the field at UM. Go Griz.

Again that’s all you got TDS? Weak PR, pretty pretty pretty weak. Con law was my favorite class so I’m kinda a junky I even appeared in DC and got sworn into the Supreme Court bar. Lol. This is like watching the Super Bowl of con law for me. Lol. I don’t like Trump but I do appreciate his fucking balls the size of Texas, he’s going to go down swing for the fences at every pitch and pull every fucking card he can play until the election. I think the grind is starting to take its physical toll on him a bit. He sounds tired to me, but he’s gotta have something planned to shake things up an October surprise? Maybe Durham report drops or the other one? Hillary’s emails are found at Andrew Weiners place? :lol: thanks

PlayerRep said:
PlayerRep said:

Ditch. Are you there? Please respond.
I can’t link articles, but I found one that you might enjoy with a humorous connection to Montana from the 1920’s. You went to Stanford right, go to volume 73 Stanford Law Review June 2000, “Why do Rule 48(a) Dismissals Require “Leave of Court”?” Real good read, explains it better then the briefs. Flynn’s lawyer Sydney Powell is winning the public narrative but I think the dc circuit will reverse the 3 judge panel and remand back to Sullivan for a hearing on DOJs motion to dismiss, the law is clear on this. An appeals court will never grant mandamus prior to the lower court actually ruling on the motion. I don’t think the Supreme Court would accept cert. on it either not until a final judgment is entered by Sullivan.

I think Sullivan wants to hear from Flynn’s fired attorneys at Covington & Burling and the line prosecutors who resigned over this and maybe even Shea and Barr himself. I think the mechanism going forward if Sullivan denies the motion, I believe Gleason would be appointed special counsel by the court and proceed to the sentencing hearing advocating on behave of the US, and Barr’s people would be sidelined, I would think. Lol. Remember Sullivan is the same judge that threw out Sen. Ted Stevens convictions for prosecutorial misconduct and then went after some of the AUSA’s with bar complaints, he’s known as a tough but fair by the book old judge, right of center politically, he was first appointed by Reagan, then Bush Sr. and then Clinton. That doesn’t happen often a judge first appointed to the bench by republicans and then appointed by a Democrat. I think he’s going to ream out the DOJ over this because a thing like this has never happened since the 1920’s Montana case, the rule was changed for this very reason. I think there might be some candor toward the tribunal issues with the DOJ attorneys. This case tied up a lot of court time and resources which pisses most judges off, at least the ones I know. IMO.

Interesting note, I dont think Trump will be able to help Flynn until after he is sentenced because like I referenced in another post I don’t believe he can pardon Flynn because of the impeachment, he can only grant clemency. What’s your take on Flynn/Sullivan after you read the SLR. I liked the colors on their web cite.

the ccp virus has been a big boon to the ccp expanding it's power. for instance, you can now be arrested for holding up a blank piece of paper in hong kong (hong gone):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LapEeirRA_Y

argh! said:
the ccp virus has been a big boon to the ccp expanding it's power. for instance, you can now be arrested for holding up a blank piece of paper in hong kong (hong gone):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LapEeirRA_Y

Are you saying we (USA) did nothing to help democracy there ? Under this admin. I am shocked about that. :roll:

i think the administration should have pulled together american companies, and other companies doing a lot of business in the u.s. who are located in hong kong, and let them know the costs of staying there would include tariffs, reduction in purchases from those companies by the u.s. government, etc... i think the only way the u.s. will manage to decouple much from china is by making it expensive to buy chinese products here. inconvenient and a little costly for sure, but companies with production in other countries need to have customers steered towards them, so they have the cash to strengthen alternate supply chains, etc... the ccp wants to dominate this century with their brutal dictatorship, cheating ways, and ignoring of international laws, but it'll be a lot harder with less dollars coming from the u.s.. indeed, the way they built up to this point was largely with u.s. dollars (plus ip theft, unfair trade practices, etc).

other actions should include stuff like getting rid of all the spies china has put in our universities and businesses. they consider anyone of chinese ancestry 'theirs', and have now problem trying to coerce them to spy, even if they are american citizens. i have already given examples of people i know being recruited to spy, and i believe it really is very widespread. we also need to closely monitor those who stay here for communications with the ccp, especially the ccp contacting them, and for f's sake, make it illegal to participate in their '1000 scholars' program, as well as the confucius institutes, which are going to be renamed but will still be where the spying is organized.

it is too bad this thread got moved, it has a lot of interesting information in it, but i figured it was going to be taken off the main page when all the pissing matches started, with some trying to prove their cleverness or some such shit, which could have been done on plenty of other threads, so as to not f-up this mostly informational and civil one.

argh! said:
it is too bad this thread got moved, it has a lot of interesting information in it, but i figured it was going to be taken off the main page when all the pissing matches started, with some trying to prove their cleverness or some such shit, which could have been done on plenty of other threads, so as to not f-up this mostly informational and civil one.

Yup, I knew Dutch was going to screw it up and get it moved. Too bad. He's a jerk. At least, I. can retire from the thread.

Over 127,000 views and 2,900 posts yeah let’s shut it down now its just not very popular or provides any useful information. This is to the moderators, are your guys fucking high? Why would you mess with a good thing during a fucking pandemic, the college football season is in chaos all on top of a presidential election. I don’t I understand your business model, isn’t a lot of traffic supposed to be a good thing on a message board. Thanks it was fun while it lasted, now I going back to the football board and gonna post some more about the that recent Supreme Court decision allowing for $150 tax credits to small Montana Christian schools, yeah, yeah that’s the ticket. :thumb:

Ps. Really why doesn’t someone (moderators) have the goddam common curtesy to at least explain what the fuck it is you are supposed to moderate and why you fuck with popular threads? Arg! Doesn’t the ccp pull shit like this? Great job you Marxist deep state bastards. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Pr, you are just projecting when you call your fellow posters jerks. Lol :thumb:

Dutch Lane said:
Over 127,000 views and 2,900 posts yeah let’s shut it down now its just not very popular or provides any useful information. This is to the moderators, are your guys f###[#] high? Why would you mess with a good thing during a f###[#] pandemic, the college football season is in chaos all on top of a presidential election. I don’t I understand your business model, isn’t a lot of traffic supposed to be a good thing on a message board. Thanks it was fun while it lasted, now I going back to the football board and gonna post some more about the that recent Supreme Court decision allowing for $150 tax credits to small Montana Christian schools, yeah, yeah that’s the ticket. :thumb:

Ps. Really why doesn’t someone (moderators) have the goddam common curtesy to at least explain what the [#]f### it is you are supposed to moderate and why you [#]f### with popular threads? Arg! Doesn’t the ccp pull shit like this? Great job you Marxist deep state bastards. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Pr, you are just projecting when you call your fellow posters jerks. Lol :thumb:

As I said, you are jerk. You just shut down the most clicks on egriz of all time. And in a time with no news, and few views/clicks.

I often would notice 5 users, 15 users not logged in, and 1100 guests. Now the guests won't be viewing. And there will be few or no posts. Good job, Dutch.

You are a huge loser. Hope I get to meet you sometimes, and tell you to your face.

I very much appreciate the objective information compiled by PR, Argh!, and others in this thread. I hope you keep posting updates.

AZGrizFan said:
Dutch Lane said:
Jesus, Az I do have a real job to attend to at times. It’s like about 10 of you fellas against little old me. I can’t keep up with all the bullshit that gets spewed here around the clock. So keep your hands over your ass and I will try and keep up better on my correspondence to the thread.

I’ll take that as you stipulating that you can’t/won’t back up your ridiculous diatribes....and FWIW, most of the bullshit getting spewed here is by you, ambulance chaser. :cool:

Day 99 Since Crozier was relieved.... :lol:

137,000 covid deaths in the US.

Latest posts

Back