• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

"touchdown" tommy merlot

CDAGRIZ said:
Cowboys84 said:
Montana's only win in the playoffs was a game at home against a 3 loss Eastern Washington team..

I watched ewu and SDSU about 4 times each, in my opinion SDSU was by far the better team of the two.

I watched them both 6 times each, and EWU was by far the better team. Eags got screwed by having to play in the varsity bracket.

If you are that good than you should be able to beat the teams in your bracket.

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I watched them both 6 times each, and EWU was by far the better team. Eags got screwed by having to play in the varsity bracket.

The Griz weren’t as good as JMU or the Bizon. The real matchup was 12/17 in Fargo. That escapade last Saturday was an absolute embarrassment. You can say it wasn’t, you can say “at least we got there”, but you know the truth.

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:

The Griz weren’t as good as JMU or the Bizon. The real matchup was 12/17 in Fargo. That escapade last Saturday was an absolute embarrassment. You can say it wasn’t, you can say “at least we got there”, but you know the truth.

As a fan and being there it was a fun experience. A great season overall getting to the Championship. Can’t wait for next year. I am sure NDSU will roll over everyone next season too. Have a nice off-season! 👍

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

As a fan and being there it was a fun experience. A great season overall getting to the Championship. Can’t wait for next year. I am sure NDSU will roll over everyone next season too. Have a nice off-season! 👍

Glad you had fun. Wishing you a fine offseason, too, man.

bigsky33 said:
Special H said:
SDSU didnt beat NDSU in the playoffs.

But they sure beat your ass

And you guys couldn’t make it out of the quarterfinals. 😂

We are not the ones running around acting like we belong in the top 5. You delusional cads still think if Mellonit had played you would have had a chance when in reality you would have lost by more points.

I will be the first to admit the Griz are a long, long, long way from being relevant but you guys want to be us so bad you cant help but make asses of yourself on National TV

Special H said:
bigsky33 said:
And you guys couldn’t make it out of the quarterfinals. 😂

We are not the ones running around acting like we belong in the top 5. You delusional cads still think if Mellonit had played you would have had a chance when in reality you would have lost by more points.

I will be the first to admit the Griz are a long, long, long way from being relevant but you guys want to be us so bad you cant help but make asses of yourself on National TV
Wow... Where to start.

1) You don't think the griz are a top 5 team? Most on here do, including myself

2) You think that the Cats would have lost by more if our starting QB was in the game?

3) You think that we got our ass kicked on National TV because we wanted to be like you?

If Touchdown Tommy wasn’t knocked out of the game, it would have been much closer. Would the Bobcats have won? No.

Spanky2 said:
If Touchdown Tommy wasn’t knocked out of the game, it would have been much closer. Would the Bobcats have won? No.

Wrong. TDT had nothing to do with the Cat defense's inability to stop the Bison run game (380 yds). And when the score reached 38-3 and the Bison took their foot off the gas so as not to further embarrass their former player and coach, that doesn't happen if the Bobcat O was more effective with Mellott. More first downs? Sure. More points? Maybe field goals. But the inevitable beatdown was evident in the first quarter.

horribilisfan8184 said:
Spanky2 said:

Wrong. TDT had nothing to do with the Cat defense's inability to stop the Bison run game (380 yds). And when the score reached 38-3 and the Bison took their foot off the gas so as not to further embarrass their former player and coach, that doesn't happen if the Bobcat O was more effective with Mellott. More first downs? Sure. More points? Maybe field goals. But the inevitable beatdown was evident in the first quarter.

Ok, expert! Read my post again! If you don’t think a leader like Tommy would have made the game closer, you know nothing about sports and what a true leader can contribute. Once again, there is no doubt North Dakota State is the superior team.

I propose we change his nickname from “touchdown tommy” to something more realistic. You know, just to lower expectations a little. Something like “occasional first down tommy” or “reasonable completion percentage tommy.”

Spanky2 said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

Ok, expert! Read my post again! If you don’t think a leader like Tommy would have made the game closer, you know nothing about sports and what a true leader can contribute. Once again, there is no doubt North Dakota State is the superior team.

I read your stupid "what if" projections which show you think rank speculation means something, and merely gave you a dose right back. Mine is at least partially based on a constant, a reality, a known football quantity, which is the dominance of the Bison Offense which thoroughly out manned Cat D at every position, the same as we saw in Griz-Cat game. Leadership is one thing, but I got news for you, TM is not a messiah, but feel free to continue worshipping at his now injured feet.

SACCAT66 said:
Special H said:

Wow... Where to start.

2) You think that the Cats would have lost by more if our starting QB was in the game?

3) You think that we got our ass kicked on National TV because we wanted to be like you?

Griz are not a top 5 team in a watered down FCS, we are not very good in a really really weak division.

Yes, Cats would have lost by more than they did with Mellon at QB, NDSU schemed for him to play and would have picked him off 2 or 3 times if he threw the ball like he does. Either way you were ran over and crushed at every position. You team had one player that would have started at NDSU and that is Anderson.

I think you got your ass kicked and embarrassed on national TV because you had the easy side of the bracket and barely belonged in the playoffs. That was proven, good teams don't lose by 28 points bad teams do

Special H said:
SACCAT66 said:
Wow... Where to start.

Griz are not a top 5 team in a watered down FCS, we are not very good in a really really weak division.

Yes, Cats would have lost by more than they did with Mellon at QB, NDSU schemed for him to play and would have picked him off 2 or 3 times if he threw the ball like he does. Either way you were ran over and crushed at every position. You team had one player that would have started at NDSU and that is Anderson.

I think you got your ass kicked and embarrassed on national TV because you had the easy side of the bracket and barely belonged in the playoffs. That was proven, good teams don't lose by 28 points bad teams do

So who would your Top 5 be?

horribilisfan8184 said:
Spanky2 said:

I read your stupid "what if" projections which show you think rank speculation means something, and merely gave you a dose right back. Mine is at least partially based on a constant, a reality, a known football quantity, which is the dominance of the Bison Offense which thoroughly out manned Cat D at every position, the same as we saw in Griz-Cat game. Leadership is one thing, but I got news for you, TM is not a messiah, but feel free to continue worshipping at his now injured feet.

Thanks for clearing things up for me.

SACCAT66 said:
Special H said:

It doesn't matter, you have NDSU and everyone else playing for second.

James Madison would do the same thing to the next tier of teams that NDSU did to them. Rankings are not important to me but they are a necessary evil to set up a 16 team playoff.

Special H said:
SACCAT66 said:

It doesn't matter, you have NDSU and everyone else playing for second.

James Madison would do the same thing to the next tier of teams that NDSU did to them. Rankings are not important to me but they are a necessary evil to set up a 16 team playoff.

And where to project teams in next falls' first poll.

I will maintain that Touchdown Tommy (what a stupid and silly nickname by the way) would not have made the game any closer at all. This was a true beatdown just like the Griz game was and the defense was awful in both games as was the All American Anderson and the poor defense was the reason for the beatdown.

AllWeatherFan said:
I propose we change his nickname from “touchdown tommy” to something more realistic. You know, just to lower expectations a little. Something like “occasional first down tommy” or “reasonable completion percentage tommy.”

Mediocre Merlot?

Ursa Major said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Mediocre Merlot?

Takendown Tommy?

Back