• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

"touchdown" tommy merlot

retiredpopo said:
he made some good passing reads I think he will do better then people think.

I disagree. He is not currently a D1 QB. I am not saying he can't be, but he is just not capable of making the required throws...right now. His coaches know it.

garizzalies said:
BWahlberg said:
MSU is going to look at a transfer or two to help the QB room
When has that ever worked for them?

Seriously, can anyone name an actual QB who transferred to MSC and was good?

Their Weather
+ Their “culture”
a QB wasteland

The best ones in recent memory transfered OUT of there or simply said “nah, I’m good.”

We can all agree MSU needs some consistency throwing the ball. I hope Tommy's better than he's looked, but regardless the kid's a beast & will see a lot of time moving forward. I haven't seen him practice yet so I can't say one way or the other, but the Buttians over here think he can, & I'm not one to doubt Grady Bennett. Vigen can coach QB's. Brock Jensen, Carson Wentz, Easton Stick & Josh Allen were all his QB's. I don't know if he recruited them, but he sure didn't hamper their development. I see the Vigen as a quality hire who will attract talent at the position just throwing (no pun intended) out those name to recruits & parents.

If Tommy develops into a good dual threat QB, he'll be giving us, and everyone else, nightmares for years to come.

Go Griz!

If he doesn't figure it out the Scat faithful will throw him under the bus as "Three and out Tommy" or "Turnover Tommy"

Bear Spray said:
We can all agree MSU needs some consistency throwing the ball.
No! I will never agree to that. You may speak for BM nation but stop trying to put words in my mouth.

I hope MSC never finds a consistent passer, just like the last almost DECADE! I hope they keep their “culture” and continue forever to neglect the most important position on the field.

P.S., I also think TD Tommy should change his name to Tommy Two Guns. 💪 💪

Bear Spray said:
garizzalies said:
When has that ever worked for them?

Seriously, can anyone name an actual QB who transferred to MSC and was good?

Their Weather
+ Their “culture”
a QB wasteland

The best ones in recent memory transfered OUT of there or simply said “nah, I’m good.”

We can all agree MSU needs some consistency throwing the ball. I hope Tommy's better than he's looked, but regardless the kid's a beast & will see a lot of time moving forward. I haven't seen him practice yet so I can't say one way or the other, but the Buttians over here think he can, & I'm not one to doubt Grady Bennett. Vigen can coach QB's. Brock Jensen, Carson Wentz, Easton Stick & Josh Allen were all his QB's. I don't know if he recruited them, but he sure didn't hamper their development. I see the Vigen as a quality hire who will attract talent at the position just throwing (no pun intended) out those name to recruits & parents.

...guarantee that Vigen is looking for a drop down in the likes of those caliber QBs...

grizghost said:
Bear Spray said:

...guarantee that Vigen is looking for a drop down in the likes of those caliber QBs...

Yep. Just got a 3 star receiver commit too. With the success of the program, the facilities, the engineering program, Bozeman, SW MT's outdoors, direct flights into the airport from everywhere, it's an easy sell for the Vigen. It's too bad the FCS is losing SHS & JMU. I think the MT schools are about to surprise some teams.

My guess is Touchdown Tommy will turn some heads on Saturday with what he can do it the passing game. There's also a possibility that he's not the only QB to play, especially if he struggles throwing the ball. Last, it will probably surprise people that the other QB might not be Rovig.

Two weeks ago, Mellott was named cat QB1. NC State QB later decided to transfer:

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sports/bobcats/football/montana-state-defeats-ut-martin-to-advance-to-fcs-quarterfinals/article_12ebc69b-c4b4-5367-89a9-a1678af25db3.html

IntuitiveGriz said:
grizpaws said:
which is probably why he chose MSU

WRONG

Mellott chose state because he is a 4.0 student considering Pee-Med or Engineering.

But thanks for being clueless.

Why would ANYONE choose msu for premed?

Look, it’s a fine school with a number of offerings equal to or better than UM’s (obviously engineering). But we have GOT to stop this bullshit narrative that they are superior in all STEM related studies. It’s wrong and it’s harmful to UM, as well as to potential students.

EverettGriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
WRONG

Mellott chose state because he is a 4.0 student considering Pee-Med or Engineering.

But thanks for being clueless.

Why would ANYONE choose msu for premed?

Look, it’s a fine school with a number of offerings equal to or better than UM’s (obviously engineering). But we have GOT to stop this bullshit narrative that they are superior in all STEM related studies. It’s wrong and it’s harmful to UM, as well as to potential students.

Over sensitive and read wrong into things much? 🙄

He had to pick msu because UM doesn't offer one of his two potential choices for a degree.

Simple as that.

IntuitiveGriz said:
So Mellott can't pass?

HS Career PASSING YARDS

Dave Dickinson - 5104

Tommy Mellott - 7089

Apparently high school receivers are much shorter than college ones. At MSU he keeps throwing it at their knees. 😉

Back