• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

"touchdown" tommy merlot

Bear Spray said:
grizghost said:
...guarantee that Vigen is looking for a drop down in the likes of those caliber QBs...

Yep. Just got a 3 star receiver commit too. With the success of the program, the facilities, the engineering program, Bozeman, SW MT's outdoors, direct flights into the airport from everywhere, it's an easy sell for the Vigen. It's too bad the FCS is losing SHS & JMU. I think the MT schools are about to surprise some teams.
UM and MSU will be dominant in FCS as many quality schools move to FBS. One day, UM and MSU will see the light and make the move to FBS.

Spanky2 said:
Bear Spray said:
Yep. Just got a 3 star receiver commit too. With the success of the program, the facilities, the engineering program, Bozeman, SW MT's outdoors, direct flights into the airport from everywhere, it's an easy sell for the Vigen. It's too bad the FCS is losing SHS & JMU. I think the MT schools are about to surprise some teams.
UM and MSU will be dominant in FCS as many quality schools move to FBS. One day, UM and MSU will see the light and make the move to FBS.
And what conference would they be moving to?

Spanky2 said:
Bear Spray said:

Makes me wonder why NDSU hasn't moved up? Money money (not mony mony) is the issue. It costs an assload to fly teams from MT to FBS locations, not to mention scholorships, additional coaches, etc, etc. We're regionally isloated - 8 hour drive to Salt Lake City & Laramie, 7 to Wazu - our closest football fbs locations I can think of. I love the FCS tournament though, the FBS is a whore to the almighty dollar.

Bear Spray said:
Spanky2 said:

Makes me wonder why NDSU hasn't moved up? Money money (not mony mony) is the issue. It costs an assload to fly teams from MT to FBS locations, not to mention scholorships, additional coaches, etc, etc. We're regionally isloated - 8 hour drive to Salt Lake City & Laramie, 7 to Wazu - our closest football fbs locations I can think of. I love the FCS tournament though, the FBS is a whore to the almighty dollar.

You taking a horse and wagon to Wazzu? It’s 4 1/2 hours MAX to Pullman…

AZGrizFan said:
Bear Spray said:

Bear Spray is driving from Bozeman.

Bear Spray said:
grizghost said:
...guarantee that Vigen is looking for a drop down in the likes of those caliber QBs...

I would love to know the number of football players that are engineering students by the time they graduate. You’re right though, it is ranked 134 in the country for engineering

WaGriz4life said:
Bear Spray said:
I would love to know the number of football players that are engineering students by the time they graduate. You’re right though, it is ranked 134 in the country for engineering

Listen, stay in your lane. You can talk crap all you want about the football teams, but you have no idea how good of an engineering school MSU has. I do. I am faculty there. I've been faculty elsewhere. I taught graduate level courses at other institutions using undergraduate textbooks at MSU. You should be really fucking proud of that school as it provides a fantastic education to the future engineers that will serve the state of Montana - even if you hate the football team. As for how many FB players start in engineering and finish in engineering...I estimate (safely) that it's a greater percentage than non-FB players.

coochorama42 said:
WaGriz4life said:

Listen, stay in your lane. You can talk crap all you want about the football teams, but you have no idea how good of an engineering school MSU has. I do. I am faculty there. I've been faculty elsewhere. I taught graduate level courses at other institutions using undergraduate textbooks at MSU. You should be really f###[#] proud of that school as it provides a fantastic education to the future engineers that will serve the state of Montana - even if you hate the football team. As for how many FB players start in engineering and finish in engineering...I estimate (safely) that it's a greater percentage than non-FB players.
OK fine I looked it up. MSU has 16 engineering majors on their roster and 13 of them are Freshman.

WaGriz4life said:
Bear Spray said:
Yeah, but it's the second best in MT.

I love all the posts disparaging Tommy. “Well he can run but He can’t pass!”

Shit. We have the same thing in Patterson. And KB doesn’t seem to make reads, pass well or run well, yet. I don’t think we (collectively, the Griz) are in a position of high ground when it comes to ridiculing any ones QB right now.

Tommy is very smart, a workout machine, a student of the game and Sulser-fast. He will be a thorn in our sides.

Buttegrizzle said:
I love all the posts disparaging Tommy. “Well he can run but He can’t pass!”

Shit. We have the same thing in Patterson. And KB doesn’t seem to make reads, pass well or run well, yet. I don’t think we (collectively, the Griz) are in a position of high ground when it comes to ridiculing any ones QB right now.

Tommy is very smart, a workout machine, a student of the game and Sulser-fast. He will be a thorn in our sides.

Agreed 100%. As much as it pains me, and despite the trolls who’ve come out of the woodwork to gloat in the last 24 hours, I have to root for the Montana team today.

coochorama42 said:
WaGriz4life said:

Listen, stay in your lane. You can talk crap all you want about the football teams, but you have no idea how good of an engineering school MSU has. I do. I am faculty there. I've been faculty elsewhere. I taught graduate level courses at other institutions using undergraduate textbooks at MSU. You should be really f###[#] proud of that school as it provides a fantastic education to the future engineers that will serve the state of Montana - even if you hate the football team. As for how many FB players start in engineering and finish in engineering...I estimate (safely) that it's a greater percentage than non-FB players.

Yep. I had a nephew, who grew up in Missoula, graduate from MSU engineering. ( He wore his Griz shirts the whole time on campus.) 2 years ago he was hired away from NASA by the R&D department of Apple. Not a bad gig.

daGrizJ said:
coochorama42 said:

Yep. I had a nephew, who grew up in Missoula, graduate from MSU engineering. ( He wore his Griz shirts the whole time on campus.) 2 years ago he was hired away from NASA by the R&D department of Apple. Not a bad gig.

Nor are the tens of thousands of high-level professional jobs held by UM graduates around the nation.

So msu has an engineering program. Uh, congrats, I gusss?

EverettGriz said:
daGrizJ said:

Nor are the tens of thousands of high-level professional jobs held by UM graduates around the nation.

You are right-on about UM. It is an excellent school academically. However they do a terrible job selling what they have as evidenced by the enrollment problems. It is a major failure on the part of UM leadership. MSU has a strong leader in Cruzado and does a fantastic job of selling what they have. Bodnar seems to be on the right track of turning things around.

bigsky33 said:
EverettGriz said:

You are right-on about UM. It is an excellent school academically. However they do a terrible job selling what they have as evidenced by the enrollment problems. It is a major failure on the part of UM leadership. MSU has a strong leader in Cruzado and does a fantastic job of selling what they have. Bodnar seems to be on the right track of turning things around.

Enrollment is cyclical. Always has been, alway will be. But yes, UM needs to do a better job selling itself, and it starts with UM alumni and fans stopping the statements about the relative success of msu engineering students. Great. They should have success, and I’m happy for them. But they’re no more successful than a UM graduate in hundreds of programs.

AZGrizFan said:
Bear Spray said:

From Missoula. Who cares about Missoula? UM's not even in the FCS tournament anymore! :p

Bear Spray said:
AZGrizFan said:

From Missoula. Who cares about Missoula? UM's not even in the FCS tournament anymore! :p

:delete: :delete: :delete: :protesst: :punch: :poke:

EverettGriz said:
daGrizJ said:

Come on Everett, you're better than that. Not hijacking this post, but we all should be supportive of our flagship universities. No one said UM doesn't have successful grads & programs. The PT program absolutely rocks, as does the business & law programs for examples. MSU's engineering program is one of the best buys in the country for the education - and experience provided. I live adjacent to MSU & can tell you it's a driving force in the growing pains in Bozeman. The MSU engineering program is one facet of that successful growth & our athletic department gets it - and student athletes do as well. Good on them - they should be coming to Montana for an education first! As for Touchdown Tommy, let's root for him to have the day of his life today - we'll need it. All you Buttians who've seen him throw the ball & believe in him - thank you! Success today for MSU is success for all of Montana & will help both schools recruiting.

Fully supportive of msu’s engineering program and it’s graduates. Just don’t buy into the absolutely false narrative that msu’s STEM programs are superior to those at UM, and I’ll constantly call it false when someone claims it

Back