• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Trio of Griz into portal

fanofzoo said:
GrizTexas said:
I think my new two least favorite words in the English language are now "transfer portal" !

What about the word "commit "

You do realize that "commit" doesn't carry a lifetime contract. A scholarship in essence is a 1 year commitments for both parties.

GrizTexas said:
I think my new two least favorite words in the English language are now "transfer portal" !

How about the Griz get a great commit through the transfer portal? It’s a two way street, especially when we’re still someplace a lot of kids want to play...once they hear about us that is.

alabamagrizzly said:
GrizTexas said:

How about the Griz get a great commit through the transfer portal? It’s a two way street, especially when we’re still someplace a lot of kids want to play...once they hear about us that is.

you mean like 3/5 of our O-line? Or 3/5 of our defensive backfield? :lol: :lol:

I am not sure who questioned whether they were retaining schollies or not, but that was moronic. Bryson was starting at TE and Brayden was rotating in about every other series on DL. Will be missed, but best wishes to them both! ....Edit: Oh, it was PR, never mind!

granitegriz said:
I am not sure who questioned whether they were retaining schollies or not, but that was moronic. Bryson was starting at TE and Brayden was rotating in about every other series on DL. Will be missed, but best wishes to them both! ....Edit: Oh, it was PR, never mind!

They can do what they want, but I'd want to stay around for at least another fall to play with my teammates and go for a national championship. A championship team is a chance of a lifetime. There is zero need for any masters degree, in order to go to med school. There are sometimes needs for more science courses. Former Griz Ty Timmer and Vinnie Huntsberger did the WAMMI program at UW, from UM. My nephew from Bozeman/Dartmouth did the WAMMI program. He's now an ortho surgeon in Kirkland WA, after doing a sport ortho fellowship at USC. Ty is in his ortho residency at NDSU. Vinnie an ER doc in Sandpoint.

I see that the TE had 5 catches, and the DE had 1 tackle, in the spring season.

No one "questioned" anything. A question was asked. This is a football message board. I've sometimes thought you were a moron too.

AZGrizFan said:
alabamagrizzly said:

you mean like 3/5 of our O-line? Or 3/5 of our defensive backfield? :lol: :lol:

Here’s everyone who’s transferred in, 19 in all. That’s not counting the guys who won’t be arriving tell fall. I may have missed one or two. Most of these guys are starters. I’m assuming most of these guys were brought in to shore up the barren cupboards that were left by the previous staff. I’m figuring we’ll see less in the future as Haucks recruits begin to fill the ranks. Maybe not though as more FBS kids use the portal, why not scoop them up.

QB
Cam Humphrey RSr
Kirk Rygol RJr
Robbie Patterson IV RSo
RB
Marcus Knight Jr
Ryan Arntson RJr
WR
Max Gardiner Jr
OL
AJ Forbes RSo
Moses Mallory RSr
Kordell Pillans RSr
Dylan Cook RSr
DL
Joe Babros RSr
Justin Belknap RSr
LB
Patrick O’Connell RJr
CB
Omar Hicks Onu RSr
Trajon Cotton RSo
Justin Ford RJr
S
Robby Hauck RJr
Gavin Robertson RSr
K
Jack Cooper RJr

PlayerRep said:
They can do what they want, but I'd want to stay around for at least another fall to play with my teammates and go for a national championship. A championship team is a chance of a lifetime. There is zero need for any masters degree, in order to go to med school. There are sometimes needs for more science courses. Former Griz Ty Timmer and Vinnie Huntsberger did the WAMMI program at UW, from UM. My nephew from Bozeman/Dartmouth did the WAMMI program. He's now an ortho surgeon in Kirkland WA, after doing a sport ortho fellowship at USC. Ty is in his ortho residency at NDSU. Vinnie an ER doc in Sandpoint.

I don’t agree with PR on a lot, but he nailed it on the head with this one. Winning a national title is something that they will treasure for so many reasons until the end of their days, while other schooling is not typically a one-time opportunity. They have a lifetime ahead of them to pursue their educational and professional dreams. They only had this one opportunity to play football again and compete for a national title (one of the greatest thrills imaginable).

But it is their decision and I do truly wish them the best of luck!

firmgriz said:
PlayerRep said:

I don’t agree with PR on a lot, but he nailed it on the head with this one. Winning a national title is something that they will treasure for so many reasons until the end of their days, while other schooling is not typically a one-time opportunity. They have a lifetime ahead of them to pursue their educational and professional dreams. They only had this one opportunity to play football again and compete for a national title (one of the greatest thrills imaginable).

We've won twice in 124 years, if they are med-students types, I hope they are good at understanding the odds of something happening.

firmgriz said:
PlayerRep said:

One other minor point: Being in the transfer portal does not automatically mean they're going anywhere. Two things have to happen ... they have to get an offer, and the new school has to have a graduate program that fits their needs. They're certainly good enough to take care of part one, but part two might be more problematic. And -- if Hauck is being as supportive as claimed -- they have not necessarily "burned their bridges" at UM. They could find a "good enough" graduate program at Montana and perhaps still get at least a partial schollie.

SaskGriz said:
firmgriz said:

We've won twice in 124 years, if they are med-students types, I hope they are good at understanding the odds of something happening.

National title? Are you all drinking Riley and Bobby's Koolaid? How about getting a win over MSU first?

firmgriz said:
PlayerRep said:

I agree with both of you. I think is our best team since the 2011 team, hell maybe even the 2009 team. Throw in the fact that all of the elite teams are playing right now and the possibility of mounting injuries and a gassed football team, and I would say this is our best chance we have had in a long time to make a run at the title.

SaskGriz said:
firmgriz said:

I said "go for" a national championship. UM has had high hopes of going for a national championship many more times than twice, although not in recent years.

Griz til I die said:
firmgriz said:

I agree with both of you. I think is our best team since the 2011 team, hell maybe even the 2009 team. Throw in the fact that all of the elite teams are playing right now and the possibility of mounting injuries and a gassed football team, and I would say this is our best chance we have had in a long time to make a run at the title.

Every person close to the program that I've talked to, including coaches, has thought this team was national championship caliber. That was before Knight went down. I saw nothing in the two games to dissuade me from agreeing this is a national championship caliber team. I don't see any glaring holes, and I see lots of depth.

Back