• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Updated Roster on GoGriz

SoldierGriz said:
Dutch Lane said:
I heard a few pwo’s were asked not to report in the fall. I don’t get it. Does anyone know if there is a limited number of walk on spots? Why would you not want your walk on’s to keeping walking on?

RTD; that's why.
Not sure what you mean. Are you mocking the RTD thing or do you actually believe that the dominant years didn’t have any need for walk on’s like colt Anderson? If that’s what you meant :roll: kinda of a dick comment to make about walk on’s IMO.

SoldierGriz said:
Dutch Lane said:
I heard a few pwo’s were asked not to report in the fall. I don’t get it. Does anyone know if there is a limited number of walk on spots? Why would you not want your walk on’s to keeping walking on?

RTD; that's why.

Only if he’s concerned with the roster limit which is 105 I believe. Not sure if that’s at the beginning of practice or by week 1. We currently sit at 108. Other then that, I don’t see why you wouldn’t want a couple extra body bags around.

Dutch Lane said:

A few posts above, you’ll note a pretty rational suggestion about allowing kids who likely won’t see the field to find their way to programs where they can. But it would be better for everyone if the coaches just pretended that wasn’t the case & kept the spot open for those kids, right? No, not really.

True: Roster is at 108

Has to be at 105 by the first day of class or the first game (which ever occurs first)

Dutch Lane said:

I think UM had 3 Walk-ons... There were many with partials.
and all three walk-ons are still listed on Gogriz

Dutch Lane said:
SoldierGriz said:
Dutch Lane said:

RTD; that's why.
Not sure what you mean. Are you mocking the RTD thing or do you actually believe that the dominant years didn’t have any need for walk on’s like colt Anderson? If that’s what you meant :roll: kinda of a dick comment to make about walk on’s IMO.

Good Lord, reach down and untwist your panties. There are only so many roster spots. Some players who undoubtedly worked their asses off will not make the cut. RTD requires the top talent...

I don't think Colt ever had to worry...

Dutch Lane said:

Probably being replaced by new walkons. FCS teams have 63 athletic-based scholarships to split up amongst 85 players. However many total players are on the team gives you a rough idea on how many players are walkons. Typically we have around 105-110 players on roster when the season starts. So that means there are around 20-25 walkons every year.

getgrizzy said:
Dutch Lane said:

Probably being replaced by new walkons. FCS teams have 63 athletic-based scholarships to split up amongst 85 players. However many total players are on the team gives you a rough idea on how many players are walkons. Typically we have around 105-110 players on roster when the season starts. So that means there are around 20-25 walkons every year.

I think the pre-school roster for FCS is still limited to 90 (or 95). A preferred walk-on is "guaranteed" a spot on the roster for pre-season practice. Except apparently when the guarantee goes away, which may be the case this year if what was posted is true. After school starts, the roster size can be increased and other walk-ons can start practicing. FBS can have 105 in pre-season camp. Is my understanding.

PlayerRep said:
getgrizzy said:
Dutch Lane said:

I think the pre-school roster for FCS is still limited to 90 (or 95). A preferred walk-on is "guaranteed" a spot on the roster for pre-season practice. Except apparently when the guarantee goes away, which may be the case this year if what was posted is true. After school starts, the roster size can be increased and other walk-ons can start practicing. FBS can have 105 in pre-season camp. Is my understanding.

Nope have to be down to 105 when school starts or 1st game

Was changed a few years ago

Paytonlives said:
PlayerRep said:
getgrizzy said:
Dutch Lane said:

Nope have to be down to 105 when school starts or 1st game

Was changed a few years ago

Nope. Looks like it's now 110.

"17.10.2.1.2 Limit on Number of Participants. [FBS/FCS] There is limit of 110 student-athletes who may engage in practice activities prior to the institution's first day of classes or prior to the fifth day before the day of the institution's first contest, whichever occurs earlier. (Adopted: 1/11/94, Revised: 12/15/06, 4/26/17 effective 8/1/17, 4/25/18)"

https://web3.ncaa.org/lsdbi/search/bylawView?id=25336

Paytonlives said:
Thats the first site that has shown that number... Oh well the point is it is not 95

Correct. Not 95 anymore. The sites are confusing. It looked to me that the number once went to 105 and then went up again to 110, perhaps the next year. I think the last blurb had been adopted.

Griziron said:
The roster has been updated. https://gogriz.com/roster.aspx?path=football Some of the changes I noticed.

Randy Rodriguez, Tanner Wilson, and Wheeler Harris aren't listed.
Cole Rosling moved from DE to DT.
Jed Nagler is a LB.
Cy Sirmon, Cole Sain, and Conor Quick are listed as centers. Most of the players that were listed as "OL" are now centers, guards or tackles.
Sklyer Martin is listed as OT, but I thought he was playing guard in spring.
Levi Janacaro is with the RB. Le Texier is the only FB.

Didn't look like any of the weights were updated.

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/1124108902407139329

bgbigdog said:
Paving the way for a transfer QB that Bobby seems to always find.

Yep. I’m always hoping he’ll get another Craig Ochs, but understand that it can be a Jason Washington.

Brennan Corbin and Jalen Hemphill also gone. The older Fouch is also gone. Interesting that Hemphill and Fouch have brothers on the team that are expected to be major contributors this season. RR also gone, but we all knew that one quite a while ago.

George Ferguson said:
Brennan Corbin and Jalen Hemphill also gone. The older Fouch is also gone. Interesting that Hemphill and Fouch have brothers on the team that are expected to be major contributors this season. RR also gone, but we all knew that one quite a while ago.

RR?

As more guys come in who look like they are probably scholarship guys, I assume it means that other marginal guys with scholarships now won't get scholarships for next year. It's getting to be a tougher business. Scholarships start on July 1, is that right?

Latest posts

Back