• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Updated Roster on GoGriz

HookedonGriz said:
atomik235 said:
Starting from scratch on the O Line? Of all the likely starters next year Pillans is thee only new one.

Yep his statement confused the hell out of me. o Line will be improved.

Depth at O-Line will always be a concern.

AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
atomik235 said:
Starting from scratch on the O Line? Of all the likely starters next year Pillans is thee only new one.

AZ is correct. There is no evidence that returning starters or contributors equals improvement. Zero. Depth is and has been a problem. Starting from scratch is closer to the truth than declaring the o line improved IMO. We'll see.

SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
atomik235 said:

AZ is correct. There is no evidence that returning starters or contributors equals improvement. Zero. Depth is and has been a problem. Starting from scratch is closer to the truth than declaring the o line improved IMO. We'll see.

Last year was starting from scratch but not this year with the amount a lot of those young guys played. We already looked quite a bit better in Spring to the point we should at least be adequate on the OL instead of the train wreck it was last year.

dayday said:
SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:

Last year was starting from scratch but not this year with the amount a lot of those young guys played. We already looked quite a bit better in Spring to the point we should at least be adequate on the OL instead of the train wreck it was last year.

The way we're losing O-linemen I'm more worried about depth than adequacy. We'll see adequacy fall off significantly if a couple of these guys go down. IMHO

AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
atomik235 said:

Don’t get me wrong, I totally agree with that. But you stated the offensive line is basically starting over and only has one returning starter and that’s just not true.

SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
atomik235 said:

If you have gone to practices and scrimmages, talked to the coaches and players, and looked at the roster, there is considerable evidence of improvement.

PlayerRep said:
SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:

If you have gone to practices and scrimmages, talked to the coaches and players, and looked at the roster, there is considerable evidence of improvement.

Bobby told me at the GSA BBQ there is much improvement!

reinell30 said:
PlayerRep said:
SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

I had a fairly lengthy discussion there with Germer, who indicated he believed several of the younger OL players would be challenging the upper classmen for PT this fall. That bodes well for improved depth.

PlayerRep said:
SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:

Lay out the evidence you have then.

The discussion was about returning starters. Their collective performance last season was not good. There is simply no evidence that their in-game performance will improve. I said we'll see, and we will.

If underclassman are going to push returning starters for PT, then that tells you all you need to know about returning starters.

As far as what coaches are saying....what do you think they would say?

kemajic said:
reinell30 said:
PlayerRep said:
SoldierGriz said:

I had a fairly lengthy discussion there with Germer, who indicated he believed several of the younger OL players would be challenging the upper classmen for PT this fall. That bodes well for improved depth.

I don't doubt that one bit. I've been singing Anderson's and Ganoung's (and a couple others) praises since they signed...but we've gotten our hopes up before only to have them shattered by injury....

HookedonGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
atomik235 said:

Don’t get me wrong, I totally agree with that. But you stated the offensive line is basically starting over and only has one returning starter and that’s just not true.

Agreed. My mistake. Thought I'd read that on here once before and was parroting that comment... :oops:

SoldierGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

The discussion was about returning starters. Their collective performance last season was not good. There is simply no evidence that their in-game performance will improve. I said we'll see, and we will.

If underclassman are going to push returning starters for PT, then that tells you all you need to know about returning starters.

Lay out your own evidence to back up what you said. I just don't understand posters who think that because they don't know something, or anything, no one else does either.

Do you really think that most players don't improve from year to year, and with more and different strength training?

Do you really not understand that new and younger players can push veteran players and make them better?

Do you not realize that people get injured and then they heal up over the year. See Angel V.

Also note that there are some players on the o-line who have been starters from time to time, not just the guys who ended up starting at the end of the year.

Do you not think that the coaches know what they are talking about?

Now again, where's your evidence to support your statement or view?

PlayerRep said:
SoldierGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
SoldierGriz said:

Lay out your own evidence to back up what you said. I just don't understand posters who think that because they don't know something, or anything, no one else does either.

Do you really think that most players don't improve from year to year, and with more and different strength training?

Do you really not understand that new and younger players can push veteran players and make them better?

Do you not realize that people get injured and then they heal up over the year. See Angel V.

Also note that there are some players on the o-line who have been starters from time to time, not just the guys who ended up starting at the end of the year.

You want me to lay out evidence that there is no evidence?

I will believe that this particular group of athletes can improve season over season when I see it happen.

Like I said...there is zero evidence the o line will be improved. Zero. Zip. Nada.

SoldierGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
SoldierGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

I will believe that this particular group of athletes can improve season over season when I see it happen.

Like I said...there is zero evidence the o line will be improved. Zero. Zip. Nada.

There is lots of evidence the o-line is improved. The practices show it. The scrimmages show it. The coaches and players say it. The roster sizes show it. The strength measurements show it.

What evidence in 2019 is to the contrary?

There is zero evidence you know what you are taking about. Zero. Zip. Nada.

PlayerRep said:
SoldierGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
SoldierGriz said:

There is lots of evidence the o-line is improved. The practices show it. The scrimmages show it. The coaches and players say it. The roster sizes show it. The strength measurements show it.

Hahahaha this is great. I second this. Call me an optimist.

PlayerRep said:
SoldierGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
SoldierGriz said:

Sure thing. We've been hearing the same things for a long time. Wait until next year. Give these guys an off season to add weight. They just need more time to develop. They are getting bigger. Looked improved in the spring. Showing signs of progress.

Your evidence is not evidence. It's fan speak in the spring less than 100 days from game time. We'll see.

Speaking from experience, Senior linemen individually are a helluva lot better than when they were Sophomores, and even Juniors. The Key to success depends on how well they can operate as a unit. That said,I believe line coaches seek that mix, early on. Go Griz

Seems we are hopeful for the Oline recruits brought under Stitt now? Cause that is where they came in, 2018, and yes I think they are a good lot. In general Bobby’s staff has been pretty disparaging of the Stitt players and recruits I think, which may be a mistake. Stitt recruited good players at many spots. Frankly, Bobby’s guys haven’t done a lot yet.

Buttegrizzle said:
Seems we are hopeful for the Oline recruits brought under Stitt now? Cause that is where they came in, 2018, and yes I think they are a good lot. In general Bobby’s staff has been pretty disparaging of the Stitt players and recruits I think, which may be a mistake. Stitt recruited good players at many spots. Frankly, Bobby’s guys haven’t done a lot yet.
Lol, you realize Bobby’s first real recruiting class isn’t even on campus yet right? And I would say the QB he brought in has done a lot, along with his son.

There had better be improvement on the o. Line considering that only Montana and Cal Davis were the only two teams that didn't have a single player from that unit on the 1st, 2nd,3rd or honorable mention players. I would say that is alarming .

Latest posts

Back