• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Updated Roster on GoGriz

PlayerRep said:
George Ferguson said:
Brennan Corbin and Jalen Hemphill also gone. The older Fouch is also gone. Interesting that Hemphill and Fouch have brothers on the team that are expected to be major contributors this season. RR also gone, but we all knew that one quite a while ago.

RR?

As more guys come in who look like they are probably scholarship guys, I assume it means that other marginal guys with scholarships now won't get scholarships for next year. It's getting to be a tougher business. Scholarships start on July 1, is that right?

RR is Randy Rodriguez

George Ferguson said:
Brennan Corbin and Jalen Hemphill also gone. The older Fouch is also gone. Interesting that Hemphill and Fouch have brothers on the team that are expected to be major contributors this season. RR also gone, but we all knew that one quite a while ago.

All are still around town too this summer so it could be an error or they are being asked back after camp. Corbin is a real good athlete that couldn’t find a position. I always thought TE made sense for him. He flashed a couple times during the Spring game at DE.

Didn't the Griz have an all-conference running back in Calhoun that is not on the roster any longer? Does anyone know where he ended up? Also, a player from Colorado, I think Banks was his last name. Does anyone know where he ended up?

BigSkyBears said:
Didn't the Griz have an all-conference running back in Calhoun that is not on the roster any longer? Does anyone know where he ended up? Also, a player from Colorado, I think Banks was his last name. Does anyone know where he ended up?

Never heard of ‘em. :geek:

bigsky33 said:
Wow, quite a lot of turnover on the Griz. Sounds like dissention setting in with Hauck.
It's part of getting better, which is happening step by step.

BigSkyBears said:
Probably about the same place several of the MSU coaches.

kemajic said:
bigsky33 said:
Wow, quite a lot of turnover on the Griz. Sounds like dissention setting in with Hauck.

Ya mean like when MSU players leave because Choate won't settle for mediocrity and knows we can get better players and then griz fans say we're losing good players? heh heh

poorgriz said:
kemajic said:
bigsky33 said:

Ya mean like when MSU players leave because Choate won't settle for mediocrity and knows we can get better players and then griz fans say we're losing good players? heh heh

Roster turnover at 15 for Griz. It’s like 25 or more for cats. One team is in their 2nd year of a new staff (where there should be more than 15) and another is in year 4. You’re grasping at straws here.

HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:
kemajic said:
bigsky33 said:

Roster turnover at 15 for Griz. It’s like 25 or more for cats. One team is in their 2nd year of a new staff (where there should be more than 15) and another is in year 4. You’re grasping at straws here.

BS33 - PoorGriz? Anyone. Anyone? The Cats could have easily lost the Griz-Cat game last year. They really should have, but a young team let them back in the game. This in BH’s first year back with a lot of holes that needed filled. Patience and commitment will pay off. I would say the same for Choate, but he seems to be shuffling the cards when his team needs consistency more than ever. How many coaches left last year with a team that made the playoffs? Something is very strange and just does not add up. Getting better through attrition and inconsistency. Ya, sure. Ok.

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/griz-football-notebook-seven-more-players-gone-from-roster/article_680ef036-7423-5910-b2e8-6ba4173df6a7.html?utm_content=bufferb06af&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=LEEDCC

Nick Fouch is gone too

Copper Griz said:
HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:
kemajic said:

BS33 - PoorGriz? Anyone. Anyone? The Cats could have easily lost the Griz-Cat game last year. They really should have, but a young team let them back in the game. This in BH’s first year back with a lot of holes that needed filled. Patience and commitment will pay off. I would say the same for Choate, but he seems to be shuffling the cards when his team needs consistency more than ever. How many coaches left last year with a team that made the playoffs? Something is very strange and just does not add up. Getting better through attrition and inconsistency. Ya, sure. Ok.
Other than Meyer, which players left due to injury? I feel, attrition is about as expected for the 2nd year after a coaching change. Hauck is very happy with the returnees. That's a great sign.

Here are the 15:

Tanner Wilson - couldn’t crack rotation
Randy Rodriguez - had potential, got playing time
Brennan Corbin - couldn’t crack rotation
Nick Fouch - couldn’t crack rotation
Caleb Mitchell - couldn’t crack rotation
Wheeler Harris - couldn’t crack rotation
Jalen Hemphill - couldn’t crack 2 deep
Rey Green - wanted a shot a RB, transfer to CWU
Jeremy Calhoun - Bobby’s doghouse
Seamus Hennessy - couldn’t crack rotation
Jake Olsen - couldn’t crack rotation
Devin Maua - couldn’t crack rotation
Cody Meyer - medically retired
Payton Stoner - medically retired
Tim Semenza - graduated and got good job

The biggest losses from a talent perspective are probably Rodriguez and Calhoun. Corbin has talent but just can’t find a position.

I still think the two biggest losses are Meyer & Stoner. If for no other reason than continuity on the O-line. We’re starting from scratch again, with the exception of Sirmon.

AZGrizFan said:
I still think the two biggest losses are Meyer & Stoner. If for no other reason than continuity on the O-line. We’re starting from scratch again, with the exception of Sirmon.

The two tackles are likely the same as last year, Colton & Conlon & one of the rotational guys, Dylan, Skylar, @ guard to go with Cy & the big kid from Alaska. But I’d also bet you’ll see some of the RS’s in rotation.

Copper Griz said:
HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:
kemajic said:

..is anyone surprised that players are moving on..Griz/Cats are not dominate teams yet so both
coaches need to make changes..both coaches have coached FBS level talent so not surprised to
see certain kids move on..the dominate BSC teams will be EWU/UCD and they are both packed
with high level talent..both Hauck/Choate know that they need to take it up a couple of notches
to be respected contenders!...if you're going to hit the bull's eyes you need to threw the darts
and see whats working..

bgbigdog said:
AZGrizFan said:

The two tackles are likely the same as last year, Colton & Conlon & one of the rotational guys, Dylan, Skylar, @ guard to go with Cy & the big kid from Alaska. But I’d also bet you’ll see some of the RS’s in rotation.

Stoner and Meyer?! They weren’t going to be starters.

Guard will be an interesting battle. Everyone is seeming to forget about Villanueva. He’s going to be healthy for Fall camp is the word. 6’5” 320 lb RS-SR with lots of starts under his belt. If he’s ready to go he may start over Martin at LG.

dayday said:
bgbigdog said:
AZGrizFan said:

Stoner and Meyer?! They weren’t going to be starters.

Guard will be an interesting battle. Everyone is seeming to forget about Villanueva. He’s going to be healthy for Fall camp is the word. 6’5” 320 lb RS-SR with lots of starts under his belt. If he’s ready to go he may start over Martin at LG.

Scott & Hart are still on the roster as well. Would be great to see all of them healthy & playing well.

atomik235 said:
Starting from scratch on the O Line? Of all the likely starters next year Pillans is thee only new one.

Yep his statement confused the hell out of me. o Line will be improved.

Latest posts

Back