• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Weber State Wildcats Scouting Report

I think that the Griz have been playing well in all 3 phases all season long and match up well versus the Wildcats. Griz win by 10

Pack the stadium. If you can’t make it give your tickets to someone who will. Get off your ass and cheer. Make noise shut them down. That’s what we can do. I don’t want to hear any bullcat excuses about hunting season and video games. Show the fuck up and rock this game.

dupuyer griz said:
Pack the stadium. If you can’t make it give your tickets to someone who will. Get off your ass and cheer. Make noise shut them down. That’s what we can do. I don’t want to hear any bullcat excuses about hunting season and video games. Show the f*** up and rock this game.

+1000!!!

I love these reports. The closer I get to the bottom of each report the more excited I get about the game. The last line of Brint's predicting a Griz victory always raises my expectations. This game will be pure pandemonium!

get'em_griz said:
dupuyer griz said:
Pack the stadium. If you can’t make it give your tickets to someone who will. Get off your ass and cheer. Make noise shut them down. That’s what we can do. I don’t want to hear any bullcat excuses about hunting season and video games. Show the f*** up and rock this game.

+1000!!!

If I was the governor of Montana I would give Dupuyer a badge, a new rig and an oversized right-footed cowboy boot, with a pointy tip, and set him loose on the residents of the state. :clap: :clap: :clap:

The Weber State return man is Rashid Shaheed.

Will we "have our hands full" against him? Hauck thinks so. Of course, he also said we'd "have our hands full" with about a hundred other things. :D

I assume the UM coaches have a full report from the SDS coaches on how to deal with Weber. That can't hurt.

While their game at SDS had 40,000, I doubt that many, if any, Weber players have played in Griz stadium. I don't know how loud SDS stadium is, and how close the stands are to the sidelines.
does anyone know these things?

I wonder what, if anything, a 3-3-5 defense does to adjust to a strong run offense. If UM is running anything like the SDS defense, there should be some good data from the SDS v. Weber game.

PlayerRep said:
I assume the UM coaches have a full report from the SDS coaches on how to deal with Weber. That can't hurt.

While their game at SDS had 40,000, I doubt that many, if any, Weber players have played in Griz stadium. I don't know how loud SDS stadium is, and how close the stands are to the sidelines.

I wonder what, if anything, a 3-3-5 defense does to adjust to a strong run offense. If UM is running anything like the SDS defense, there should be some good data from the SDS v. Weber game.

Montana's rush defense has been solid this year holding opponents to 3.4 YPC. Second in the league, I believe.

Weber and PSU's rush stats are nearly identical for the season. Did the Griz make any major adjustments vs PSU? I can't recall, but I know they held them to under 2.0 ypc in that game.

PlayerRep said:

Has it really been 4 years since Weber has come to Missoula!? That was the OT loss too... Wow, time sure flies.

dupuyer griz said:
I got three extra tickets, so we're bringing 7.

dupuyer griz said:

I feel ya man, but I fear those days are long gone at WaGriz. 22,000 Saturday. Sad.

The lot we’ve tailgated in for 20 years used to be jam packed and now there are empty spots all over the place. Second year of Hauck return, Griz playing well and it still just feels different in and around WaGriz on Saturdays.

Raider said:
dupuyer griz said:

I feel ya man, but I fear those days are long gone at WaGriz. 22,000 Saturday. Sad.

The lot we’ve tailgated in for 20 years used to be jam packed and now there are empty spots all over the place. Second year of Hauck return, Griz playing well and it still just feels different in and around WaGriz on Saturdays.

I hate to open this can of worms, but could the anti-Hauck sentiment in Missoula (warranted or not) be a factor?

Htowngriz said:
Raider said:
dupuyer griz said:

I hate to open this can of worms, but could the anti-Hauck sentiment in Missoula (warranted or not) be a factor?

That is a great question, but I really don’t think that is the case. The lot we tailgate in (Lot T) is a reserved lot and a prime location, right out the East exit. It used to be crazy in there, with a ton of out of town folks. Now there are 10-15 empty spots every weekend, and the folks that are showing up are getting there later and later. That lot used to be hoping 3-4 hours before the game. It was like that for decades. Now, it’s half empty an hour before kickoff. Just feels like people are “over it”.

I think it's the aging of the population.

People would rather watch the game on TV when it gets cold outside. And they're not willing to do the work involved in selling their tickets or giving them to someone else. So the unused tickets lead to empty seats.

However, I think the stadium will be rocking on Saturday. The weather looks decent, and this is the biggest game at WaGriz in years!

The fans will return. Once the Griz start winning consistently and make deep playoff runs year after year, I think we'll see that excitement return... or at least I hope it will. It's been 10 years since we've had any kind of success as a national-contender.

Raider said:
Htowngriz said:
Raider said:
dupuyer griz said:

That is a great question, but I really don’t think that is the case. The lot we tailgate in (Lot T) is a reserved lot and a prime location, right out the East exit. It used to be crazy in there, with a ton of out of town folks. Now there are 10-15 empty spots every weekend, and the folks that are showing up are getting there later and later. That lot used to be hoping 3-4 hours before the game. It was like that for decades. Now, it’s half empty an hour before kickoff. Just feels like people are “over it”.

Yeah, and I suppose Missoula isn't immune to the nationwide trend of millennials being less interested in attending live sporting events, and having less disposable income to do so.

The money is dying off, old farts can't make the trips, etc etc. Not as big of a deal to the younger generations. Times are changing.

Raider said:
Htowngriz said:
Raider said:
dupuyer griz said:

...the graying of america...
...only look as far as the boom crew...
...some of those guys need walkers...
...the graying of griz nation...

... :shock: ...

Back