• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Where’s Daniel Britt?

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:
Okay, feel free to show data on your first para, not being good decision making.

Having few picks shows good decision-making. TD's are production, not decision-making.

YPA and YPC are not decision-making. Learn the game.

Your basketball example is production, not decision-making. Learn the game.

If you don't think YPA reflects decision making then I question YOUR Football 101 knowledge. Continually dumping off to pad your "completion" stats is comically inept.

YPA has little or nothing to do with decision-making. It's production. Decision-making for a qb is primarily interceptions. On occasion, it can be a fumble. It is also RPO decision-making, but only the coaches would know that about our qb's. You are welcome to question anything or anything about me, but I have total confidence in my football knowledge, as well as most other things in my life.

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:
If you don't think YPA reflects decision making then I question YOUR Football 101 knowledge. Continually dumping off to pad your "completion" stats is comically inept.

YPA has little or nothing to do with decision-making. It's production. Decision-making for a qb is primarily interceptions. On occasion, it can be a fumble. It is also RPO decision-making, but only the coaches would know that about our qb's. You are welcome to question anything or anything about me, but I have total confidence in my football knowledge, as well as most other things in my life.

Continually dumping off most certainly is decision-making. Poor decision making. But let me put it a different way. I don't want a Griz QB that NEVER looks downfield, and on the rare time that he does, the chances of completing a pass go to almost ZERO. I don't care if a QB can complete 70% of his passes in the first 3 yards from the LOS. That is a QB who is afraid to take shots or who CAN'T take shots. We brag about Brown's arm, yet almost every long pass Saturday was underthrown. His longest pass completion was 17 yards. That ain't gonna cut it. Sure, maybe it's Rosey and Hauck, maybe they don't trust him to go longer, maybe he doesn't trust the O-line to hold the pocket long enough to let the play develop, but he stares down EVERY receiver he throws to, so that's gonna lead to a lot of bad decisions given that it's very easy for the defender to know who the ball is going to ahead of time.

And if interceptions or fumbles are "decision making", then he's doing a piss poor job. He's got just 5 career TD passes against 4 INT's. The longest pass of his CAREER is just 22 yards. I've lost track of the # of fumbles due to lack of pocket awareness.

Anyway, I'm done. Sounds like we're gonna see a lot of Brown Saturday, so should be a shitload of fun.

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:

Continually dumping off most certainly is decision-making. Poor decision making. But let me put it a different way. I don't want a Griz QB that NEVER looks downfield, and on the rare time that he does, the chances of completing a pass go to almost ZERO. I don't care if a QB can complete 70% of his passes in the first 3 yards from the LOS. That is a QB who is afraid to take shots or who CAN'T take shots. We brag about Brown's arm, yet almost every long pass Saturday was underthrown. His longest pass completion was 17 yards. That ain't gonna cut it. Sure, maybe it's Rosey and Hauck, maybe they don't trust him to go longer, maybe he doesn't trust the O-line to hold the pocket long enough to let the play develop, but he stares down EVERY receiver he throws to, so that's gonna lead to a lot of bad decisions given that it's very easy for the defender to know who the ball is going to ahead of time.

And if interceptions or fumbles are "decision making", then he's doing a piss poor job. He's got just 5 career TD passes against 4 INT's. The longest pass of his CAREER is just 22 yards. I've lost track of the # of fumbles due to lack of pocket awareness.

Anyway, I'm done. Sounds like we're gonna see a lot of Brown Saturday, so should be a shitload of fun.

Nope. Some offenses and schemes are built that way. Look at Stitt's offense. Sometimes coaches tell QB's to do that. Sometimes downfield receivers aren't open. Afraid to take shots or can't take shots, is actually an example of good decision-making. He doesn't stare every receiver down. If he did, he would get picked more.

The UM receivers had individual longs of 17, 16, 15, 12, 11, 9 and 9. 6 passes were completed by Brown. Brown's YPA was slightly longer than Johnson's. Brown averaged 8.8 per catch. Johnson averaged 7.5. Johnson's longest completion was 12; Brown's was 17. So, are you guys saying that Johnson's decision-making was worse than Brown's in the SS game. According to your stats, it was.

mthoopsfan said:
PTGrizzly said:
Consistent good production comes from good decision making. If you don’t have good production, chances are higher that you aren’t making the best decisions.

Side note: it is possible to talk football, while disagreeing, without being a condescending ass. I realize that’s your personality, but one might consider changing it.

I disagree with your first para. You are the one who snipes at me, not vice versa. Also, don't say I'm cherry-picking if I'm not. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. I'm already tired of you. You are just an ass. Is this your idea of having a discussion. "it is possible to talk football, while disagreeing, without being a condescending ass. I realize that’s your personality, but one might consider changing it." Compare that to me telling you to learn the game.

What’s to disagree with the first paragraph? Consistent good production comes from good decision making. That’s pretty hard to argue against.

You’re essentially saying that if a QB has a guy open for a 5 yard check down, and another open 15 yards down the field, and he takes the check down he’s making a good decision because it’s a completed pass. Anybody with any football knowledge knows in that scenario it’s a bad decision. Using completion % without YPA is just bad and outdated stats. We have better tools to evaluate football, it’s good to use them, this isn’t the 60’s anymore.

PTGrizzly said:
mthoopsfan said:
I disagree with your first para. You are the one who snipes at me, not vice versa. Also, don't say I'm cherry-picking if I'm not. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. I'm already tired of you. You are just an ass. Is this your idea of having a discussion. "it is possible to talk football, while disagreeing, without being a condescending ass. I realize that’s your personality, but one might consider changing it." Compare that to me telling you to learn the game.

What’s to disagree with the first paragraph? Consistent good production comes from good decision making. That’s pretty hard to argue against.

You’re essentially saying that if a QB has a guy open for a 5 yard check down, and another open 15 yards down the field, and he takes the check down he’s making a good decision because it’s a completed pass. Anybody with any football knowledge knows in that scenario it’s a bad decision. Using completion % without YPA is just bad and outdated stats. We have better tools to evaluate football, it’s good to use them, this isn’t the 60’s anymore.

Nope, and you have zero evidence that that is occurring. You don't know what decision-making is. Completion percentage is a terrific measurement for good decisions, as well as few interceptions. Obviously, never played the game. Plus, you have thin skin.

mthoopsfan said:
PTGrizzly said:

Nope, and you have zero evidence that that is occurring. You don't know what decision-making is. Completion percentage is a terrific measurement for good decisions, as well as few interceptions. Obviously, never played the game. Plus, you have thin skin.

You are correct that I didn’t play football in college. Much like our HC.

There are plenty of people who played football who don’t understand it as well as those who didn’t play it. And you keep on missing the point. Completion % WITHOUT additional context (YPA, AYPA) isn’t telling a person as much as you think it is. At this point you’re just being stubborn, and I’m repeating myself (common occurrence when talking with the elderly) so I’ll excuse myself from the rest of the conversation. Have a day.

Rotting on the sidelines, waiting to announce his transfer out of Montana after wasting two years of his life in the program.

I was excited to see this kid play for the Griz because I personally watched him play in Henderson and the kid is talented and has more potential to lead the Griz than Brown by a long shot.

If a player screws up once or twice and/or manages to offend his highness and they won’t see the field again.

Bob is a retread who couldn’t make it in the Bigs and he ended up back in Missoula, The only thing he has managed to do that Stitt didn’t was beat the Sh*ttens. Other than that he had done a dadgum thing to turn this team around.

The ONLY reason the Griz have been ranked as high as they were this year is directly due to the power teams moving up to the FCS Belt conference over the last five years.

I don’t believe he is the best coach for the job.

mthoopsfan said:
Britt's stats for this year:

4 carries for minus 1.5 average.

4-5 for 45 yards, long of 15.

I game. NW St.

You should love him then. 80% completion %. 0 fumbles. 0 INT’s. 10.1 Yards per completion.

How’s this for a trend:
2020: 14 yards / completed pass; completion % 67%
2021: 10.4 yards / completed pass; completion % 65%
2022: 8.7 yards / completed pass; completion % 55%

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:
Britt's stats for this year:

4 carries for minus 1.5 average.

4-5 for 45 yards, long of 15.

I game. NW St.

You should love him then. 80% completion %. 0 fumbles. 0 INT’s. 10.1 Yards per completion.

How’s this for a trend:

He's never won a game as a starter and never played in a game with a winning record.

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:

How’s this for a trend:

He's never won a game as a starter and never played in a game with a winning record.

Those last three lines are Brown’s declining performance. He’s actually regressing as a QB under Rosy.

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:

Those last three lines are Brown’s declining performance. He’s actually regressing as a QB under Rosy.

Brown has no interceptions in 2022, in 5 games. That's a good stat.

I hope to see LJ but
Brown is
27-48 (42% of total going to 1 receiver, Roberts )
56% pass completion
22 rushing att for a net 11 yards
7 sacks
1 pass td
1 rush td

I hope to see LJ but
Brown is
27-48 (42% of total going to 1 receiver, Roberts )
56% pass completion
22 rushing att for a net 11 yards
7 sacks
1 pass td
1 rush td

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:

Nice deflection. You have no comment on the declining performance?

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:

114 yards total offense on Saturday. Is that a good stat? Did the Griz win that game? 114 total yards. Got your knee pads shined up for tomorrow night’s QB Club? You bringing KB with ya? Maybe take him to The Depot afterwards?

Britt’s junior year stats…(senior year wiped out by pandemic)

10-1 as the starting quarterback.
140-181 with 24 TDs and ONE interception.
800 yards rushing.
Nevada State Champions.

Back