• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Will Vaccine Passports Creep into Stadiums and Sports?

CDAGRIZ said:
ilovethecats said:
:lol:
You really think it would be a good idea to require upon entry paperwork of a vaccine for a virus that already has a 98 something percent survival rate?!

Woudn't it make more sense for those fearful of large events or fearful they may be near someone not vaccinated (despite being vaccinated themselves) to just avoid these large crowds? Man we live in a crazy world.

At MSU Costello said last week that getting a vaccine is a personal choice, but as long as it's available to anyone who wants to get it by then, we'll be going forward with this season completely normal, business as usual. Full capacity, and season ticket holders sitting in their own seats. Next to others sitting in their own seats. And those that are not comfortable with this setting, are more than welcome to not attend, or give up their season tickets. It's an amazing concept. Letting adults make their own decisions based on their own health and fear factors. :shock:

So, .500 ball it is.
Classless

HelenaHandBasket said:
Just a little note for all you "it is my choice whether I get vaccinated or not", it is also their choice on whether to allow you to attend or not. Honest question for all the people that continually say that they will not get vaccinated because they are not at high risk, is it that big of a deal to get vaccinated to lessen the risk for everyone? And for all the "personal choice" advocates, why would you choose not to?

What I find remarkable is that the people who yell, "I'm not gettin no damn vaccine. I'll do whatever the fvck I want because this Merica!!!" one minute and then turn around the very next minute and yell, "You can't tell me I can't shop here because I don't have the damn vaccine, this Merica!!!" do not even see their sky-high level of irony.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Just a little note for all you "it is my choice whether I get vaccinated or not", it is also their choice on whether to allow you to attend or not. Honest question for all the people that continually say that they will not get vaccinated because they are not at high risk, is it that big of a deal to get vaccinated to lessen the risk for everyone? And for all the "personal choice" advocates, why would you choose not to?

Well, I'm not anti-vax so only speaking for myself here. I'll get the vaccine when it is my turn if it means people stop losing their minds. Couldn't care less.

That said, if history has taught us anything, it doesn't seem wise to get to a place where businesses and government can require vaccinations and proof of vaccinations to move around freely. Which I think most businesses realize which is why I don't think we'll see many requiring proof of a vaccination upon entry. And if any do, they're taking a chance at losing businesses which is their right to take that risk.

To me it boils down to the science. We've been told for a year to trust and follow the science. As of today the science says that about 99% will survive this virus. What have we had, a little over 30 million positive cases in a population of over 300 million people? And people are really ok with showing proof of a vaccine of a virus with these tiny numbers?

Crazy world we're living in.

Whether I, or anyone, chooses to get it or refuse to get the vaccine, is none of your, or anyone's goddamned business. Natural antibodies are a factor. Veni vidi vici. This passport response is like all the other fear mongering and goal post moving which has gone on over this highly politicized virus. In effect, you have to prove your innocence. Pure totalitarian horsrshit(a Montana colloquialism, just for you HHB). :lol:

ilovethecats said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Well, I'm not anti-vax so only speaking for myself here. I'll get the vaccine when it is my turn if it means people stop losing their minds. Couldn't care less.

That said, if history has taught us anything, it doesn't seem wise to get to a place where businesses and government can require vaccinations and proof of vaccinations to move around freely. Which I think most businesses realize which is why I don't think we'll see many requiring proof of a vaccination upon entry. And if any do, they're taking a chance at losing businesses which is their right to take that risk.

To me it boils down to the science. We've been told for a year to trust and follow the science. As of today the science says that about 99% will survive this virus. What have we had, a little over 30 million positive cases in a population of over 300 million people? And people are really ok with showing proof of a vaccine of a virus with these tiny numbers?

To me, this is no different than immunization requirements by schools and universities. Crazy to think that MMR vaccination proof and TB screenings are required to attend MSU.

tourist said:
Whether I, or anyone, chooses to get it or refuse to get the vaccine, is none of your, or anyone's goddamned business. Natural antibodies are a factor. Veni vidi vici. This passport response is like all the other fear mongering and goal post moving which has gone on over this highly politicized virus. In effect, you have to prove your innocence. Pure totalitarian horsrshit(a Montana colloquialism, just for you HHB). :lol:

Bingo, cause it is Merica.

tourist said:

Except this is not accurate, Tourist. US Courts have upheld literally thousands of limitations on individual freedoms if it's determined to be in the common good. Will they with Covid? I don't know, but I know on which side I'm laying my money.

You're welcome to not get vaccinated; organizations, businesses and agencies are then welcome to tell you to fuck off.

HelenaHandBasket said:
ilovethecats said:

To me, this is no different than immunization requirements by schools and universities. Crazy to think that MMR vaccination proof and TB screenings are required to attend MSU.

With all due respect, you honestly don't see the difference between the two?

For starters, and it's HUGE starter in my opinion, these Covid vaccines aren't FDA approved. They worked at warp speed and got us something that by all accounts SHOULD work. But forcing people to get a vaccine that isn't even approved by the FDA yet is a slippery slope in my eyes.

Second, in regards to this discussion, we're talking about showing proof of a non-approved vaccine to travel and enter stadiums and such. This is a big difference in my eyes, and again I think we start walking a fine line just accepting this as normal.

We all agree that it should be up to businesses and universities to decide who they want to let in their establishments. But what if the tables were turned. What if UM instead focused on who was most vulnerable when deciding who could attend games? Anyone over 80 definitely wouldn't be allowed in. Those 70-79 maybe they allowed 2% capacity. Those 60-69 maybe 5%. They'd work their way down with those 20-29 would be allowed about like 80% and there would be no restrictions on those younger. Pack the place. You don't think people would be up in arms? Screaming how it's not fair? That's what this feels like to me.

tourist said:
indian-outlaw said:
Oh gawd...serious people that understand science...

That's a rare creature.
But, it's 'I won't do business with THEM!' If this creeps into sports and stadiums, I'm through with them, WHOMEVER them is. They want to alienate a certain percentage of their fan/booster/donor base, go for it!
Understand science... :roll:

We will all hold you to that! Did you hear the vaccine is just a step to put a microchip so Bill Gates can track you? Whats not understandable about science?

Don't agree on PUBLIC UNIVERSITIES. The are NOT a private concern. Tax dollar/donation funded. They do not arbitrarily determine who is worth, or 'safe'(hate that damn term). What is to stop the BOR from enacting some BS requirement to attend games, or attend state funded schools, or for that matter, to do away with all sports entirely? This is big brotherism, totalitarian control in its basic form. If you can't see that, you are hopeless.

tourist said:
Don't agree on PUBLIC UNIVERSITIES. The are NOT a private concern. Tax dollar/donation funded. They do not arbitrarily determine who is worth, or 'safe'(hate that damn term). What is to stop the BOR from enacting some BS requirement to attend games, or attend state funded schools, or for that matter, to do away with all sports entirely? This is big brotherism, totalitarian control in its basic form. If you can't see that, you are hopeless.

You know that the UofM requires immunization to enroll, right? And you know that your boy trump wanted to get the vaccine out as fast as possible? Or are these just inconvenient truths for you.

griznative24 said:
tourist said:

You know that the UofM requires immunization to enroll, right? And you know that your boy trump wanted to get the vaccine out as fast as possible? Or are these just inconvenient truths for you.
Do they require those same vaccines to attend sporting events? I don't remember them checking to see if I had a polio vaccine recently. Nor TB nor flu nor MMR.

ChesterGriz said:
griznative24 said:
Do they require those same vaccines to attend sporting events? I don't remember them checking to see if I had a polio vaccine recently. Nor TB nor flu nor MMR.

Are any of those diseases that they require immunization for currently a global pandemic? Good lord some of y'all are dumb.

griznative24 said:
ChesterGriz said:

Are any of those diseases that they require immunization for currently a global pandemic? Good lord some of y'all are dumb.

You are the idiot that brought up these vaccinations. Try for just a moment not to be a complete moron.

griznative24 said:
tourist said:

I assume those immunizations are FDA approved correct? And will you be fine showing proof of those to attend Griz games going forward? And any other vaccines they evidently can just make people get and people are ok with?

ChesterGriz said:
griznative24 said:

You are the idiot that brought up these vaccinations. Try for just a moment not to be a complete moron.

This thread literally has vaccination in its title LOL :roll:

ilovethecats said:
griznative24 said:
I assume those immunizations are FDA approved correct? And will you be fine showing proof of those to attend Griz games going forward? And any other vaccines they evidently can just make people get and people are ok with?

Will I be fine? Yes. Will you be fine not attending since you're scared of a vaccine?

griznative24 said:
ChesterGriz said:

Regardless of how they are labeled, the science is what the science says correct? Science says you have a MUCH better chance of NOT getting covid than getting it. And of the small percent of people who get it, science says you are WAY more likely to survive than you are to die from it.

I think obesity and heart disease should be considered a worldwide pandemic as well but no ones seems all that concerned about that. Gotta have our fast food!!! :eatu:

Back