• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Will Vaccine Passports Creep into Stadiums and Sports?

If it helps to put some of you more at ease about vaccine passports, back in the day I travelled quite a bit in Africa and some in south-east Asia and we all had these little booklets with a record of all our shots in them. They weren't a big deal, nothing nefarious about them. It was mostly to show you had your yellow fever shot and I used mine to stash US $10 bills which sometimes helped border guards see their way clear to an entry stamp.

On a side note someone mentioned that heart disease and obesity are also pandemics, could be but I don't think those are contagious, except maybe at Golden Corral.

heightsgriz said:
Can we get this kind of banter in an ACTUAL FOOTBALL THREAD?

Next thing you know, the ncaa, players, parents, and all the rest of the namby pambys will be demanding face guards and masks on football players. Too many rules....

"What is an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA)?

An Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) is a mechanism to facilitate the availability and use of medical countermeasures, including vaccines, during public health emergencies, such as the current COVID-19 pandemic. Under an EUA, FDA may allow the use of unapproved medical products, or unapproved uses of approved medical products in an emergency to diagnose, treat, or prevent serious or life-threatening diseases or conditions when certain statutory criteria have been met, including that there are no adequate, approved, and available alternatives. Taking into consideration input from the FDA, manufacturers decide whether and when to submit an EUA request to FDA.

Once submitted, FDA will evaluate an EUA request and determine whether the relevant statutory criteria are met, taking into account the totality of the scientific evidence about the vaccine that is available to FDA."

[Looks like the FDA approves emergency use of unapproved products.]

ilovethecats said:
indian-outlaw said:
Hopefully we can get rid of the rif raf.

:lol:
You really think it would be a good idea to require upon entry paperwork of a vaccine for a virus that already has a 98 something percent survival rate?!

Woudn't it make more sense for those fearful of large events or fearful they may be near someone not vaccinated (despite being vaccinated themselves) to just avoid these large crowds? Man we live in a crazy world.

At MSU Costello said last week that getting a vaccine is a personal choice, but as long as it's available to anyone who wants to get it by then, we'll be going forward with this season completely normal, business as usual. Full capacity, and season ticket holders sitting in their own seats. Next to others sitting in their own seats. And those that are not comfortable with this setting, are more than welcome to not attend, or give up their season tickets. It's an amazing concept. Letting adults make their own decisions based on their own health and fear factors. :shock:

The vaccines also help stop the general community spread of the covid. If fewer and fewer people get covid, eventually the covid will die out. If the spread of covid is stopped sooner than later, new variants that are potentially bigger problem and more delay are less likely to develop and spread.

SaskGriz said:
On a side note someone mentioned that heart disease and obesity are also pandemics, could be but I don't think those are contagious, except maybe at Golden Corral.
I assume most people know this but I’ll just speak for myself. I’m aware that heart disease and obesity aren’t contagious. I’m aware that Covid is contagious. Covid could be the most contagious virus in the history of mankind. It doesn’t change what the science says. This very second the science says you’re not very likely to get Covid. We’ve had 30 million cases of more than 300 million people.

Of those poor people in the tiny percentage who do test positive, you’re very unlikely to be hospitalized, and even less likely to die. Again, this is just off the actual data.

I guess my point is let’s not pretend too much this is about keeping people healthy and saving lives. If it was just about saving lives, we’d do far more tackling the heart disease and obesity pandemics than we have been. And those two pandemics will continue taking thousands of lives every year long after we’re talking about vaccines for Covid.

It seems valid to me but I’ll respect your opinion.

PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:
:lol:
You really think it would be a good idea to require upon entry paperwork of a vaccine for a virus that already has a 98 something percent survival rate?!

Woudn't it make more sense for those fearful of large events or fearful they may be near someone not vaccinated (despite being vaccinated themselves) to just avoid these large crowds? Man we live in a crazy world.

At MSU Costello said last week that getting a vaccine is a personal choice, but as long as it's available to anyone who wants to get it by then, we'll be going forward with this season completely normal, business as usual. Full capacity, and season ticket holders sitting in their own seats. Next to others sitting in their own seats. And those that are not comfortable with this setting, are more than welcome to not attend, or give up their season tickets. It's an amazing concept. Letting adults make their own decisions based on their own health and fear factors. :shock:

The vaccines also help stop the general community spread of the covid. If fewer and fewer people get covid, eventually the covid will die out. If the spread of covid is stopped sooner than later, new variants that are potentially bigger problem and more delay are less likely to develop and spread.
I agree. Vaccines tend to be good for viruses. I simply don’t like the idea of people being forced to take non-FDA approved vaccines which is where this discussion began.

But we’re on the same page in regards to why we have vaccines and how they are used to combat viruses.

SoldierGriz said:
I got the shot. No issues.

I also don't care if others get it. Just like I don't care if others wear a mask.

How are mask mandatory states having infection rates go up while those with no mandate are not?

This whole thing is a cluster. I'm to the point where I don't trust anything Politicians say...Fauci is a national disgrace.

...I think if people want to get vaccinated and are compromised great get one!...I personally don't want it
in my body...I got a flu shot 8 years ago nearly kill me... so I will pass and just do my best to stay healthy
....close to 99 percent survival rate I think I will do fine! ...so if you got your shot pat yourself on the back but
don't expect us to do the same!...

ilovethecats said:
SaskGriz said:
I assume most people know this but I’ll just speak for myself. I’m aware that heart disease and obesity aren’t contagious. I’m aware that Covid is contagious. Covid could be the most contagious virus in the history of mankind. It doesn’t change what the science says. This very second the science says you’re not very likely to get Covid. We’ve had 30 million cases of more than 300 million people.

Of those poor people in the tiny percentage who do test positive, you’re very unlikely to be hospitalized, and even less likely to die. Again, this is just off the actual data.

I guess my point is let’s not pretend too much this is about keeping people healthy and saving lives. If it was just about saving lives, we’d do far more tackling the heart disease and obesity pandemics than we have been. And those two pandemics will continue taking thousands of lives every year long after we’re talking about vaccines for Covid.

It seems valid to me but I’ll respect your opinion.

I see your point, but heart disease and obesity are not contagious. It's not just saving lives; it's also about stopping the spread. And stopping the spread before new variants, some of which aren't covered by the vaccines, take hold.

Except for true anti-vaxers, all of you have had multiple vaccines over the years, and many of those were required for entering school or traveling abroad. The vaccines are very effective and safe. Why fight the vaccines. My view is just get the goddam vaccines and help out your selves, your families and friends, the country and the world. How hard is that?

ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:
I agree. Vaccines tend to be good for viruses. I simply don’t like the idea of people being forced to take non-FDA approved vaccines which is where this discussion began.

But we’re on the same page in regards to why we have vaccines and how they are used to combat viruses.

Almost nobody is being forced to take a vaccine. Some are just not going to be allowed to take a cruise, etc. without the vaccine. That's different.

The vaccines are effectively approved by the FDA because the FDA is allowing them to be used on a so-called emergency basis. The FDA wouldn't allowed emergency use without being damn sure the vaccines are safe. In addition, these vaccines are almost shockingly effective.

grizghost said:
SoldierGriz said:
I got the shot. No issues.

I also don't care if others get it. Just like I don't care if others wear a mask.

How are mask mandatory states having infection rates go up while those with no mandate are not?

This whole thing is a cluster. I'm to the point where I don't trust anything Politicians say...Fauci is a national disgrace.

...I think if people want to get vaccinated and are compromised great get one!...I personally don't want it
in my body...I got a flu shot 8 years ago nearly kill me... so I will pass and just do my best to stay healthy
....close to 99 percent survival rate I think I will do fine! ...so if you got your shot pat yourself on the back but
don't expect us to do the same!...

It's not a 99% survival rate for many other people, i.e. those who are older or have health problems. It's much more than about yourself. People over 85 have a 175 times chance of dying from covid than those 30-39. 75-84 have a 62 times chance of dying than people 30-39. These figures don't include people who have health problems. Much much higher for them.

DeSantis made a good point. Having to have the vaccine to board a cruise ship in Miami, bound for the Bahamas, dies not stop the non-vaccinated from flying to the Bahamas and taking the cruise from there. Political BS and economic stupidity.

ilovethecats said:
Science says you have a MUCH better chance of NOT getting covid than getting it.
Chemistry-Cat.jpg

tourist said:
DeSantis made a good point. Having to have the vaccine to board a cruise ship in Miami, bound for the Bahamas, dies not stop the non-vaccinated from flying to the Bahamas and taking the cruise from there. Political BS and economic stupidity.

Where does it say that non-vaccinated people can get on cruises in the Bahamas? I think the cruise companies had created the policies for their ships, not for US ports.

Are you mixing the CDC policy of currently not allowing cruise ships to depart from the US, but people could fly to Bahamas and board a cruise ship?

Of, feel free to explain your point and give us some links.

PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:

Almost nobody is being forced to take a vaccine. Some are just not going to be allowed to take a cruise, etc. without the vaccine. That's different.

The vaccines are effectively approved by the FDA because the FDA is allowing them to be used on a so-called emergency basis. The FDA wouldn't allowed emergency use without being damn sure the vaccines are safe. In addition, these vaccines are almost shockingly effective.

Totally. This was all hypothetical talk on how far it could go. I’ll get the vax if I need to get the vax. But I see why people don’t like the idea of having to have a non approved vaccine to go to a football game or concert. Again, all hypothetical right now.

Right now....

ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:

Totally. This was all hypothetical talk on how far it could go. I’ll get the vax if I need to get the vax. But I see why people don’t like the idea of having to have a non approved vaccine to go to a football game or concert. Again, all hypothetical right now.

Right now....

It is misleading for you to say it's non-approved. It has been approved by the FDA for emergency use at this time.

Back