• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Will Vaccine Passports Creep into Stadiums and Sports?

griznative24 said:
ilovethecats said:
I assume those immunizations are FDA approved correct? And will you be fine showing proof of those to attend Griz games going forward? And any other vaccines they evidently can just make people get and people are ok with?

Will I be fine? Yes. Will you be fine not attending since you're scared of a vaccine?

Who said I was scared of the vaccine? Think it was on this very thread, maybe even this very page that I said I couldn't care less. Give me 5 of them if it means we can get on with life and not being so afraid of everything. Go ahead and read it if you'd like. Posted it just today. :thumb:

Still doesn't seem like a good precedent to set to just throw out emergency vaccines, not approved yet by the FDA, and then force people to show proof of the vaccine to watch football on Saturdays. That makes perfect sense to you and that's cool! I just don't share that line of thinking is all.

But hey, if the vaccine will bump us up from 98.7% survival to 99.1% survival, and it means we stop living in fear I'm all for it. Stab me today! :thumb:

ilovethecats said:
griznative24 said:
Will I be fine? Yes. Will you be fine not attending since you're scared of a vaccine?

Who said I was scared of the vaccine? Think it was on this very thread, maybe even this very page that I said I couldn't care less. Give me 5 of them if it means we can get on with life and not being so afraid of everything. Go ahead and read it if you'd like. Posted it just today. :thumb:

Still doesn't seem like a good precedent to set to just throw out emergency vaccines, not approved yet by the FDA, and then force people to show proof of the vaccine to watch football on Saturdays. That makes perfect sense to you and that's cool! I just don't share that line of thinking is all.

But hey, if the vaccine will bump us up from 98.7% survival to 99.1% survival, and it means we stop living in fear I'm all for it. Stab me today! :thumb:

Then we agree, go get vaccinated :)

griznative24 said:
ilovethecats said:

When it's my turn and I feel it necessary I have no problem getting it.

The discussion is whether or not people should be FORCED to get it. And if they don't, are we comfortable heading down the path that proof of it will necessary for travel, attending sports, or anything else. I think that's over the top personally.

If they required me to cut off one of my toes with a rusty hacksaw and eat a bag of charcoal briquettes to attend live sporting events again, I'd probably end up doing it.

I got the shot. No issues.

I also don't care if others get it. Just like I don't care if others wear a mask.

How are mask mandatory states having infection rates go up while those with no mandate are not?

This whole thing is a cluster. I'm to the point where I don't trust anything Politicians say...Fauci is a national disgrace.

CDAGRIZ said:
If they required me to cut off one of my toes with a rusty hacksaw and eat a bag of charcoal briquettes to attend live sporting events again, I'd probably end up doing it.

Same.

Honestly, getting the vaccine for me has nothing to do with "safety". I just want people to stop losing their minds and let the rest of us get back to living. If I need to get a shot or two to make that a reality than whatever. The idea of it is asinine to me however.

ilovethecats said:
griznative24 said:

The discussion is whether or not people should be FORCED to get it. And if they don't, are we comfortable heading down the path that proof of it will necessary for travel, attending sports, or anything else. I think that's over the top personally.
Damn it! I have to agree with a Cat fan! :lol:

SoldierGriz said:

I also don't care if others get it. Just like I don't care if others wear a mask.

How are mask mandatory states having infection rates go up while those with no mandate are not?

This whole thing is a cluster. I'm to the point where I don't trust anything Politicians say...Fauci is a national disgrace.
:thumb:

SoldierGriz said:

Ding. Ding. Ding :clap:

ChesterGriz said:
ilovethecats said:

Damn it! I have to agree with a Cat fan! :lol:

Feels good don't it?! :thumb:

ChesterGriz said:
griznative24 said:
You know that the UofM requires immunization to enroll, right? And you know that your boy trump wanted to get the vaccine out as fast as possible? Or are these just inconvenient truths for you.
Do they require those same vaccines to attend sporting events? I don't remember them checking to see if I had a polio vaccine recently. Nor TB nor flu nor MMR.

But it could set precedent to attend an university function. It all falls under the same umbrella.

HelenaHandBasket said:
SoldierGriz said:

You mean like Florida and Texas?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9410481/Texas-COVID-numbers-fall-17th-consecutive-day-following-reopening.html

ChesterGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
You mean like Florida and Texas?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9410481/Texas-COVID-numbers-fall-17th-consecutive-day-following-reopening.html

That is hospitalizations, not reported cases. Soldier specifically stated infection rates, which is false.

HelenaHandBasket said:
ChesterGriz said:

That is hospitalizations, not reported cases. Soldier specifically stated infection rates, which is false.

Did you read the article?
"On Saturday, Texas' seven-day COVID positivity rate reached an all-time low of 5.27 per cent, while hospitalizations fell to their lowest level since October, according to the latest state data.

The state recorded 2,292 new coronavirus cases, about 500 fewer on average from last week, and 107 new deaths."

HelenaHandBasket said:
ChesterGriz said:

I've been under the impression that hospitalizations and deaths are the reason for all of the restrictions and business closures. If hospitalizations aren't climbing, and deaths aren't climbing, then what on earth are we doing?

Seems if cases go up sometimes, and hospitalizations and deaths don't; isn't that just lowering the death rates even more from it's already tiny number?

Latest posts

Back