• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2013 Griz Football Class Signed (24)

loyalgriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
With Brekke (the states most "athletic" player considered by many) signing EARLY (the summer before his senior year), GRIZ recruiting is in fantastic shape.

Brekke said, "It just seems right in Missoula." And "I think the coaches think a lot of me, and I hope they do." "there are 4 positions I could play, we don't know which one yet, I just want to be on the field."

Brekke said, "I am just very thankful and very happy."

Brekke seemed like an incredibly nice and humble young player. Should be a very good one! :clap:

GREAT ADDITION :D :clap:
Gunnar is a STUD. Looks very fast (and little) on the field with pads. Watched him play twice last year against West. He was unreal in the State Championship game. He has a swagger to him on the field too. Don't mistake having swagger (confidence) for having a poor attitude. Brekke is an outstanding get for the Griz. Might have been the best player in the state last year not named Caleb Kidder or Brady Gustafson. I really hope Delaney and Co. play him at RB he has such great vision and burst and can make tacklers look stupid.

WaGriz4life said:
loyalgriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
With Brekke (the states most "athletic" player considered by many) signing EARLY (the summer before his senior year), GRIZ recruiting is in fantastic shape.

Brekke said, "It just seems right in Missoula." And "I think the coaches think a lot of me, and I hope they do." "there are 4 positions I could play, we don't know which one yet, I just want to be on the field."

Brekke seemed like an incredibly nice and humble young player. Should be a very good one! :clap:

Gunnar is a STUD. Looks very fast (and little) on the field with pads. Watched him play twice last year against West. He was unreal in the State Championship game. He has a swagger to him on the field too. Don't mistake having swagger (confidence) for having a poor attitude. Brekke is an outstanding get for the Griz. Might have been the best player in the state last year not named Caleb Kidder or Brady Gustafson. I really hope Delaney and Co. play him at RB he has such great vision and burst and can make tacklers look stupid.

At his current weight and strength, I'd love to see him as a slot WR for the Griz...catching the ball in space and doing a lot of damage.

After the 2012 HS season, he will most likely be a two-time Class AA 1st Team All-State RB though, so playing RB for the Griz is certainly a good possibility as well.

Either way, I'd like to see him on O.

Just my thought, he reminds me (looks like, sounds like, plays like) Carrols standout slot WR Matt Ritter (from Butte Central).

IntuitiveGriz said:
WaGriz4life said:
loyalgriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

At his current weight and strength, I'd love to see him as a slot WR for the Griz...catching the ball in space and doing a lot of damage.

After the 2012 HS season, he will most likely be a two-time Class AA 1st Team All-State RB though, so playing RB for the Griz is certainly a good possibility as well.

Either way, I'd like to see him on O.

Just my thought, he reminds me (looks like, sounds like, plays like) Carrols standout slot WR Matt Ritter (from Butte Central).

Cant say anything bad about Matt Ritter he was a great all around player and could do it all. Would have liked to see him in a griz uniform rather than that purple up in Helena though!

Gunnar Brekke may be the best prospect in the state. This is a good thing for the Griz. I hope he has a long, strong, and healthy career. Welcome to the Griz, Gunnar!

Thanks Payton.

We seem to be doing quite well at this point. I love these local kids. So far, best in state are coming!

Thanks for the info infiltrator. I wonder if he is getting a full schollie? that would be interesting since there aren't going to be many available this year....

If it is a Tucker Schye < http://www.malta.k12.mt.us/hs/football/varsityroster.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; he did place in the 100m and on the 400 relay in last Class B State Track: http://m.dailyinterlake.com/sports/local_montana/article_9b0f2740-a7bd-11e1-ad91-0019bb2963f4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ...so he might have some speed for a OL/LB.

WaGriz4life said:
Thanks for the info infiltrator. I wonder if he is getting a full schollie? that would be interesting since there aren't going to be many available this year....

He didn't recieve a full scholarship heard it was a books and a lil on tution.

infiltrator said:
WaGriz4life said:

That makes sense. Again, I've never seen the kid play, but I don't think he was even an All-State player in Class B. With limited scholarships I would have been suprised if he got one.

After watching Josh Jannsen's highlights I would be suprised if he got a full-ride. Any info on his offer?

WaGriz4life said:
infiltrator said:
WaGriz4life said:

That makes sense. Again, I've never seen the kid play, but I don't think he was even an All-State player in Class B. With limited scholarships I would have been suprised if he got one.

After watching Josh Jannsen's highlights I would be suprised if he got a full-ride. Any info on his offer?

Tucker was All-State. Very good all around athlete that is still growing. He has very good speed for a kid his size and a frame to add weight. I could see him at TE or DE. He's a very good pickup and is worthy of some scholarship money.

BWahlberg said:
Add another we have a drop down QB coming

Is it the kid that was mentioned earlier today?

If so I guess MD wasn't kidding about recruiting kids with "high character".

HighLineGRIZ said:
WaGriz4life said:
infiltrator said:
WaGriz4life said:

Tucker was All-State. Very good all around athlete that is still growing. He has very good speed for a kid his size and a frame to add weight. I could see him at TE or DE. He's a very good pickup and is worthy of some scholarship money.
Not trying to be argumentative or call you out, as I know close to nothing about class B football, but can you post the All-State lists on here? I found a list the other night but did not see him on it, must have been the wrong list.

Thanks!

Old news about the drop-down QB coming. I announced it two weeks ago on maroon-blood. There are two QBs that the coaches are talking to. Interesting to see which one they take.

Growler1 said:
Old news about the drop-down QB coming. I announced it two weeks ago on maroon-blood. There are two QBs that the coaches are talking to. Interesting to see which one they take.

Aren't you special! You want a cookie?

WaGriz4life said:
HighLineGRIZ said:
WaGriz4life said:
infiltrator said:

Not trying to be argumentative or call you out, as I know close to nothing about class B football, but can you post the All-State lists on here? I found a list the other night but did not see him on it, must have been the wrong list.

Thanks!

I know the family and remember hearing he was all-state along with a few other Malta players. Not sure where you can find the list, but I do know that he did recieve that honor.

HighLineGRIZ said:
WaGriz4life said:
HighLineGRIZ said:
WaGriz4life said:

Thanks!

I know the family and remember hearing he was all-state along with a few other Malta players. Not sure where you can find the list, but I do know that he did recieve that honor.

Malta Mustangs team page has him as
1st Team All-State OL & LB (2011)

http://malta.k12.mt.us/hs/football/footballmain.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back