• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2013 Griz Football Class Signed (24)

grizfan1984 said:
2 New Offers Per Rivals.

Dylan Hanser LB Billings,MT (he also has offers from Washington St and Colorado St so must be a good Montana player.)
Akeem Roller OG St. Paul, MN

Interesting...I worked at Hanser's automotive for a summer while I was in college. Wonder if he's a son?

LB- Chris Wipson 6'2" 210 (Wayzata HS) Wayzata, MN (Minnesota)

http://minnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=176&p=2&c=1200919&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fminnesota.scout.com%2f2%2f1200919.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Paytonlives said:
LB- Chris Wipson 6'2" 210 (Wayzata HS) Wayzata, MN (Minnesota)

http://minnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=176&p=2&c=1200919&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fminnesota.scout.com%2f2%2f1200919.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Damn....was hoping we'd get lucky with this one... :twisted: :twisted:

Josh Janssen is going to be a great signing for the Griz. He probably of the best local athletes Missoula has and could play WR or possibly Safety with his athleticism. I would say hes more of a WR because he has great hands and makes plays whenever the ball is in his hands. Gotta love local recruits that gives the Griz 2 from Loyola (Kevin Berland #84 WR) and could be 3 with Bo Hughes(QB) who is another great athlete and playmaker at Loyola.

Gunnar Brekke, the Senior-to-Be all-state running back/defensive back verbally committed to the Montana Grizzlies this week.

Brekke, a three sport star (Basketball/Track) is following the footsteps of teammate Caleb Kidder, who also committed early to the Griz, and will join the team this fall.

Brekke had a handful of offers, and also received letters from several Pac-12 schools. He says the Griz coaching staff hasn't decided what position he'll play for them yet, and it may depend on how he performs in the fall.

http://www.kfbb.com/sports/local/Capital-Highs-Gunnar-Brekke-Commits-to-Griz-Football-162442866.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Question: Anybody know how many schollies we're expected to have to offer?

Also, I respect the fact that they're going after a very high calibre of athlete (as evidenced by who the ones we're losing are verballing to), but does it concern anyone that only ONE out of state kid has verballed at this point?

azgrizfan has a point that i also have been wondering about....i wonder if the turmoil is a much larger factor in recruitung than anyone is aware of... if there is an upside to all this, i guess it would free up a few scholorships...some of the kids we offered were never going to come, ie wipson? sp.,,he had big ten (u of minn) written all over him if you looked at his tape, we may want to get serious and get the best kid for our program, the way things are shaking out in missoula, imo....

With Brekke (the states most "athletic" player considered by many) signing EARLY (the summer before his senior year), GRIZ recruiting is in fantastic shape.

Brekke said, "It just seems right in Missoula." And "I think the coaches think a lot of me, and I hope they do." "there are 4 positions I could play, we don't know which one yet, I just want to be on the field."

Brekke said, "I am just very thankful and very happy."

Brekke seemed like an incredibly nice and humble young player. Should be a very good one! :clap:

A couple of things:

I think it has been harder to recruit with the turmoil going on...
I LOVE the fact that UM is going after better prospects, all they can say is "no"
Usually this time of year the Griz have ZERO verbals... so this is actually ahead of schedule.

The last roster I saw only had 12 Seniors listed for 2012... So that would make this upcoming class a very small one unless guys depart.

Paytonlives said:
A couple of things:

I think it has been harder to recruit with the turmoil going on...
I LOVE the fact that UM is going after better prospects, all they can say is "no"
Usually this time of year the Griz have ZERO verbals... so this is actually ahead of schedule.

The last roster I saw only had 12 Seniors listed for 2012... So that would make this upcoming class a very small one unless guys depart.

Thanks for the info, Payton. :thumb:

IntuitiveGriz said:
With Brekke (the states most "athletic" player considered by many) signing EARLY (the summer before his senior year), GRIZ recruiting is in fantastic shape.

Brekke said, "It just seems right in Missoula." And "I think the coaches think a lot of me, and I hope they do." "there are 4 positions I could play, we don't know which one yet, I just want to be on the field."

Brekke said, "I am just very thankful and very happy."

Brekke seemed like an incredibly nice and humble young player. Should be a very good one! :clap:

GREAT ADDITION :D :clap:

I think where the turmoil has hurt is in the transfer/drop-down area. Those players are not going to come to UM during this mess.... why would they?

From my out of state perspective, Mahoney (MSU) and Brekke (UM) seem to be a couple of the biggest name prospects from Montana -- are there any other high profile Montana kids who are being heavily recruited by both schools?

Edit -- Timmer comes to mind, any others?

OldtiredGRiz said:
From my out of state perspective, Mahoney (MSU) and Brekke (UM) seem to be a couple of the biggest name prospects from Montana -- are there any other high profile Montana kids who are being heavily recruited by both schools?

Edit -- Timmer comes to mind, any others?
Dylan Hanser from Billings Central is a stud DE prospect. He has been offered by Colorado State (McElwain!!), Washington State (Breske!!!!), Wyoming (Dad played there) and the Griz. Rivals lists that he's down to Colorado State and Washington State but who knows how true that is considering they don't list Montana or Wyoming as offers.

Just so you all know I'm not 100% sure on the Wyoming offer but heard it from the same source who told me he was offered by CSU and Wazzu before it was posted on rivals.

Back