• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2015 Griz Football Recruiting- 4 Transfers/ 17 Verbals/ 4 WO's

Paytonlives said:
CB- Dashy Ware 5'10" 170 visited Missoula in May... but havent seen that he was offered.

On the recruiting front, things have start to pick up for Ware as he recently took a trip to Missoula, Montana to visit the University of Montana.

“Oh man, I loved it there. It was a great place and I really enjoyed visiting the school and meeting the coaches,” Ware said. “I’ve also been emailing and getting invites to camps — Montana State, Northern Arizona and Eastern Washington.

“Pretty much all of the schools want me to get out to their camps this summer to get a better look at me and so they can evaluate me more and if I do that and do well, I think I could start getting offers, but I’m not counting on anything. I know I have to work hard and show them what I can do.”
Make it stop, Payton!! It's June FFS! This is blowing my mind!!

Another name to keep an eye on...

Kellen Strahm, 6' 180 CB/WR brother of Griz LB Conner.

Kellen is a lock down corner and a kid that most teams didn’t even try to throw on. Offensively he caught 42 passes for 693 yards and 12 TD’s (8 receiving), averaging 16.5 yards per catch through the second round of the playoffs. He is also one of the region’s most dangerous return men taking four to the house during the season

http://www.northwesteliteindex.com/2013/12/03/one-of-oregons-best-kellen-strahm-of-sheldon-by-jordan-johnson/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And then there were 60....

TE/LB Eddie Rudinski 6'3" 215 (Oaks Christian) Thousand Oaks, CA
(Though it looks like he is very high on UW)

http://247sports.com/Player/Eddie-Rudinski-30393" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know not realistic but, could you imagine if all these kids excepted UM for their careers? How could the school pay for them?

So are the Griz operating under the theory of "if we offer enough kids they'll see the # of offers out there and panic to get their verbal in before someone else does"?

I think the theory is, the more we offer the better chance we have to get them. Can't get them if you don't offer. A lot of these kids are waiting for FBS to offer them. Once they realize they aren't getting FBS offers or the FBS school they want withdraws their offer because they already filled the position, then the kid needs a backup plan. That is where UM comes in. Or we tell a kid he can play the position he wants to play while another school wants him to switch. There are a lot of reasons the kid chooses to play at UM.

reinell30 said:
I know not realistic but, could you imagine if all these kids excepted UM for their careers? How could the school pay for them?
"accepted" ... "excepted" would mean they opted out of accepting the UM offers.

BDizzle said:
I think the theory is, the more we offer the better chance we have to get them. Can't get them if you don't offer. A lot of these kids are waiting for FBS to offer them. Once they realize they aren't getting FBS offers or the FBS school they want withdraws their offer because they already filled the position, then the kid needs a backup plan. That is where UM comes in. Or we tell a kid he can play the position he wants to play while another school wants him to switch. There are a lot of reasons the kid chooses to play at UM.

I get and understand all that....it just seems that THIS year, in particular, we've put a TON of offers out there....way more than usual, it seems.

AZGrizFan said:
BDizzle said:

I get and understand all that....it just seems that THIS year, in particular, we've put a TON of offers out there....way more than usual, it seems.

Hard to tell. Maybe in this age of social media, we know more about what offers we are putting out there.

'68griz said:
reinell30 said:
"accepted" ... "excepted" would mean they opted out of accepting the UM offers.

tomato or tomatoe...who cares? you know what was meant'!

grizatwork said:
AZGrizFan said:
Hard to tell. Maybe in this age of social media, we know more about what offers we are putting out there.

This.
The world is a far smaller place today with the constant flow of instant media. :ugeek:

Grizzlies1982 said:
grizatwork said:
AZGrizFan said:

This.
The world is a far smaller place today with the constant flow of instant media. :ugeek:

Has the world of social media dramatically changed in the past 18 months? Because unless it has, that doesn't explain the explosion of offers THIS year as opposed to last year or the year before.

AZGrizFan said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
grizatwork said:
AZGrizFan said:

This.

Has the world of social media dramatically changed in the past 18 months? Because unless it has, that doesn't explain the explosion of offers THIS year as opposed to last year or the year before.

I believe it has. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr. I think where it has changed is that it is not just kids using it. Coaches, Family, and especially the media is in that realm now and with following, friending, and linking we are getting more info. It is like 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon, it just happens faster.

grizatwork said:
AZGrizFan said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
grizatwork said:

This.

I believe it has. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr. I think where it has changed is that it is not just kids using it. Coaches, Family, and especially the media is in that realm now and with following, friending, and linking we are getting more info. It is like 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon, it just happens faster.

Facebook was invented in 2003. Twitter was launched in 2006. Instagram was launched in 2010, Tumblr in 2007.

Unless you're somehow implying that coaches, family and media have only taken to these sources en masse in the past 18 months....which seems highly suspect, especially with FB and Twitter (which seem to be the two most commonly referenced social media sites for recruit info....

AZGrizFan said:
grizatwork said:
AZGrizFan said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
This.

Facebook was invented in 2003. Twitter was launched in 2006. Instagram was launched in 2010, Tumblr in 2007.

Unless you're somehow implying that coaches, family and media have only taken to these sources en masse in the past 18 months....which seems highly suspect, especially with FB and Twitter (which seem to be the two most commonly referenced social media sites for recruit info....

I do believe that over the past 2 years you have seen more and more use of the social media, especially twitter by sports media. As each month goes by, you see more interconnections between each area of social media. I am just going by my gut feeling, but if you look at most of what we see on this recruiting page, it is twitter posts by player, coach, friends, and even media that shows we are recruiting these players. (thanks NikeGrizz).

grizatwork said:
AZGrizFan said:

I do believe that over the past 2 years you have seen more and more use of the social media, especially twitter by sports media. As each month goes by, you see more interconnections between each area of social media. I am just going by my gut feeling, but if you look at most of what we see on this recruiting page, it is twitter posts by player, coach, friends, and even media that shows we are recruiting these players. (thanks NikeGrizz).

I hear ya....I just can't help but think there's a wholly different approach going on this year. Here's LAST year's final list--and keep in mind this was less than 6 months ago......lots of guys signed on signing day we'd never heard about, and only 34 offers to out-of-state kids that ultimately signed with other schools. This year, we are barely out of JUNE and we've already got 60 offers to OOS kids on the ground? I don't believe THAT kind of seismic shift in less than 6 months can be explained by just a change in the way social media is/isn't being used...even though I agree that its use is constantly growing and expanding...

Would love to hear a coach's thoughts on this...

**QB- Will Weyer 6'5" 228 (Bozeman HS) Bozeman, MT
**OL- David Reese 6'7" 250 (Clackamas HS) Clackamas, OR
**WR- Reese Carlson 6'4 215 (Gig Harbor HS) Gig Harbor, WA

**DE- Alex Thomas 6'2" 215 (CMR) Great Falls, MT
**DE- Kole Swartz 6'5" 235 (Hellgate HS) Missoula, MT
**DL- Evan Defer 6'2" 230 (Damonte Ranch) Reno, NV
**LB- Josh Buss 6'3" 185 (Mountain View HS) Meridian ID
**LB- Shayne Cochran 6'2" (Culbertson HS) Culbertson, MT
**S/WR Evan Epperly 5'10 180 (Glacier HS) Kalispell, MT
**S Manulani Hudson-Rasmussen 5'11" 180 (Tigard HS) Tigard, OR

FORMALLY ACCEPTED ADMISSION TO UM (15)
**RB-Carl Johnson 6'0" 190 (Hardin HS) Hardin, MT
**FB-Riley Kack 6'2" 240 (Bozeman HS) Bozeman, MT
**FB- Austin Chadderdon 6'2" 200 (Coeur d'Alene HS) Coeur d' Alene, ID
**TE-Reggie Tilleman 6'4" 195 (Genesee HS) Gensesee, ID
**WR-Tristen Clark 6'1" 175 (Powell County HS) Deer Lodge, MT
**WR- Sean Foley 5'10" 165 (Whitefish HS) Whitefish, MT
**WR- Caleb Lyons 5'9" 175 (Lakes HS) Lakewood, WA

**DL-Ben D'Alton 6'3" 233 (Billings Central HS) Billings, MT
**DT-Kyle Davis 6'1" 245 (Cathedral Central HS) San Diego, CA
**DE- Evan Miksch 6'3" 250 (Lake Stevens HS) Lake Stevens, WA
**DE-Nick Mertes 6'3" 230 (Edina HS) Edina, MN
**LB-Dylan Stenseth 6'2" 230 (Fergus HS) Lewistown, MT
**LB-Tyler Richtmyer 6'2" 215 (Sentinel HS) Missoula, MT
**LB- Milan Marrero 5'11" 205 (Francis Parker HS) San Diego, CA
**S-Jake Mann 6'1" 180 (La Costa Canyon HS) Encinitas, CA
LB- Carson King 6'3" 225 (Beaverhead HS) Dillon, MT (2016)

UNKNOWN(1)
LB- Peter Brewer 6'3" 225 (Los Alamos HS) Los Alamos, NM (Partial)

Future Classes with UM offers (3)
QB- Ryan Brand 5'10" 185 (Jesuit HS) Detroit, MI (Class of 2015)
TE- Jesse Sims 6'4" 230 (Corvalis HS) Corvalis, MT (Class of 2015)
LB- Joel Dublanko 6-3 215 (Abderdeen HS) Abderdeen, WA. (Class of 2016)

Had UM offer- verballed to another School (34)
ATH- Keyon Dilosa 6'3" 195 (Round Rock HS) Round Rock, TX (Missouri)
ATH- Kia Ross 6'2" 190 (Huntington Beach HS) Huntington Beach, CA (Cal-Poly)
ATH- Jay McIntyre 5' 10" 180 (Monarch HS) Louisville, CO (CU Walk-on)
RB- Max Richmond (Bellevue HS) Bellevue, WA (UW Walk-on)
RB/LB- Anthony Hines 6'1" 195 (Episcopal HS) Dallas, TX (Class of 2017) (Miss. St.)
QB- Travon Hearns 6'4" 210 (Kennedy HS) Bloomington, MN (Unknown)
QB- Dallas Cook 6'4" 210 (Butte HS) Butte, MT (JC)
QB- Anders Hill 6'4" 210 (Fairview HS) Boulder, CO (Columbia)
QB- CJ Spencer 6'1" 188 (Inderkum HS) Sacremento, CA (2 star - UC Davis)
QB/DB- Keenan Curran 6'2" 170 (Federal Way HS) Federal Way, WA (San Jose St.)
OL- Morgan Richey 6'5" 280 (Bellevue HS) Bellevue, WA (UW Walk-on)
OL- Alex Anderson 6'5" 295 (Saguaro HS) Scottsdale, AZ (2 Star-San Diego St.)
OL- Natrell Curtis 6'2' 300 (Mountain Pointe HS) Phoenix, AZ (4 star- Oklahoma)
OL- Sam Jones 6'5" 275 (Thunderridge HS) Highlands Ranch, CO (3 Star- ASU)
OL- Kamryn Bennett 6'3" 275 (Centenial HS) Peoria, Arizona (Cal)
WR/ATH- Dionte Sykes 6'2" 190 (Chandler HS) Chandler, AZ (San Deigo St.)
WR- Xaiver Crawford 6'0" 166 (Pittsburg HS) Pittsburg, CA (2-Star - San Diego St.)
WR- Kaelen Deboskie 5'9" 165 (Salpointe HS) Tucson, AZ (3 Star- Arizona)
WR Jordan Morgan 6'2" 196 (Southridge HS) Beaverton, OR (Arizona)
TE- Drew Sample 6'5" 235 (Newport HS) Bellevue, WA (2 Star- Washington)

DE/TE- Brody Haehlen 6'5" 245 (Clackamas HS) Clackamas, OR (UNKNOWN)
DE- Terran Hasselbach 6'2" 235 (Regis Jesuit HS) Aurora, CO (Colorado)
DE/TE- Will Dissly (Bozeman HS) Bozeman, MT (UW)
DE- David Moa 6'4" 230 (Kearny Senior HS) San Diego, CA (3 Star- Boise)
DE/TE- Lane Veach 6'6" 215 (Perry HS) Gilbert, AZ (Stanford)
DE- Connor Cain 6'4" 250 (Heritage HS) Littleton, CO (Wyoming)
DE/LB- Hawkins Mann 6'3" 225 (Borah HS) Boise, ID (Nevada)
DE- Shane Bowman 6'4" 243 (Bellevue HS) Bellvue, WA (Oregon State)
DE- Greg Menard 6'3" 218 (Lakeville North HS) Lakeville, MN (N D State)
LB/FB- Ryan Nall 6'3" 220 (Central Catholic) Portland, OR (Oregon State)
LB- J.R. Hunt 6'3" 180 (Chandler HS) Chandler, AZ (Arizona)
LB- Jacob Martin 6'3" 220 (Cherokee Trail HS) Aurora, CO (Temple)
DB- Jordan Thomas 6'0" 185 (Stellar Prep) Hayward, CA (2 Star) (ASU)
DB- Kevin Griffin 6'1" 180 (De La Salle HS) Concord, CA (2 Star) (WSU)
DB- Juwan Jones 6'4" 195 (Hamilton HS) Chandler, Arizona (3 Star- New Mexico)
S- Drew Lewis 6'3" 194 (Encampment HS) Sammamish, WA (UW)

I think the number of offers is pretty normal. I agree with grizatwork. I just think posters on here have been more on the look out for social media info.

It isn't unusual for schools to make 60+ offers at this point. FCS schools offer a lot of FBS level guys being aware that the odds of landing that player are slim, but you can't just offer the guy at the top of your list and wait for him to give you a "yes" or "no" before you offer the next guy on your list.

It also isn't unusual for coaches to stop recruiting players or take offers off the table.

Back