• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2016 Poster

UMGriz75 said:
get'em_griz said:
This poster was made by Willie, and it was a hell of a lot better than what the University put out.
They should ask him to take a crack at this year's poster.
They and I don't have the greatest of relationships. They were awfully butthurt when I made that one, and made it very clear they were threatened by me.

And for the post about Mark Bryant. His photography skills are amazing. His graphic design theory and execution, not so much.

I saw the poster in person for the first time this week. I think it is one of the best ones they have done in years. That being said, it is just a poster with the schedule on it. I think we are taking it a bit too seriously.

grizatwork said:
I think we are taking it a bit too seriously.

Youmustbenewhere.jpg~c200

Willie said:
UMGriz75 said:
get'em_griz said:
This poster was made by Willie, and it was a hell of a lot better than what the University put out.
They should ask him to take a crack at this year's poster.
They and I don't have the greatest of relationships. They were awfully butthurt when I made that one, and made it very clear they were threatened by me.
I don't understand the mindset. This is another one of those areas related to the University where they could generate some excitement, but can't seem to "imagine" doing things any other way. Let talented people step forward and have a design contest, complete with promotions and an "unveiling" of the winning poster design. Give the winner $5,000. There's plenty of talent around. Use it. These things could be collector's items.

I like this poster, with this message:

Ryan Johnson ‏@ryanjohnson -- What an honor to make the 2016 poster with my roomies!!"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cg1qbJ6UYAA1wiQ.jpg

UMGriz75 said:
I don't understand the mindset. This is another one of those areas related to the University where they could generate some excitement, but can't seem to "imagine" doing things any other way. Let talented people step forward and have a design contest, complete with promotions and an "unveiling" of the winning poster design. Give the winner $5,000. There's plenty of talent around. Use it. These things could be collector's items.
They'd never even consider doing something like that. They supposedly have a design team at the University that is in charge of these things. Which is funny because apparently it's one guy and someone telling him what to do. I just had a phone interview today at the U of Akron for an athletics graphic design position. I'd be one of five people coordinating together to come up with advertising, promotions, etc. And I personally know the lead designer at Ohio State, and he's in charge of ten other people. Obviously Montana isn't even in the same ballpark as OSU, but they could have a small team assembled to do these sorts of things.

Like MrTitleist said in an earlier post, I've stepped forward and offered services for them several times, and they basically tell me to piss off. That's why now I only do stuff related to them to show what could have been. I used to have the ambition to try a new poster every year, for people to use as desktop wallpapers or what have you. But not any more. Not when one I did one for the Buckeyes a few years ago that received national attention, and can still to this day be found at the top of Google searches for Ohio State football posters.

signedbewildered said:
A poster is a poster. A uniform is a uniform. A win is a win. I don't get too worked up about the first two.

IDK, man. Some of the posters on here aren't as good as others.

CDAGRIZ said:
signedbewildered said:
A poster is a poster. A uniform is a uniform. A win is a win. I don't get too worked up about the first two.

IDK, man. Some of the posters on here aren't as good as others.

Not gonna lie. I would complain if we had some of the uniforms Oregon has.....or a field other than the color green. I'm just that kind of poster.

Latest posts

Back