• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2016 Recruiting Thread 23 Offers

NikeGrizz said:
Heard the griz are close to offering a (5'5") running back! Not a typo! Bryce coleman out of Tucson Arizona
NikeGrizz said:
For next year's class (2017) the griz have offered Kameron McFarland 5'7" 225 MLB Neport News, VA

WTF? Are we being punked?

grizophile said:
Jed Nagler Whitefish,MT. Monster of the midway!
Junior football and track and field phenom. 6'4"
230lbs won the 100 M and high jump at the Missoula Invitational last
Weekend against the best from AA......CMR, GFH,
Sentinel, Hellgate, Big Sky, etc. best high jump in the state this year at 6'6"
Hell of a wide receiver in football.....Griz want him.....also 3rd in 200M

The Missoula Invitational had 6 of the 14 class AA schools (Flathead, Glacier, CMR, Big Sky, Sentinel, Hellgate). According to MontanaTrack.com, Nagler finished 4th in the 200 meters.

Nagler is a really good athlete. I saw him this past football season in Whitefish. He had a touchdown. But fellow Junior class A sprinter Kyle Harrington had the better game that day, he ran for 238 yards and three touchdowns to lead Butte Central past Whitefish 37-13 in the Class A semifinals.

But I do like Nagler a lot, he is bigger and has faster 100 meter times than Holden Ryan. :shock: :D He's going to be a great one! :clap:

:egriz:

kyle_sample said:
Just a quick update on the above post, there was a miscommunication Joe Paolina will be joining the Griz in the fall so he is part of the 2015 class. I'm talking with him tomorrow afternoon to get more details. I know that he'll be on academic scholarship, but that's about my extent. In the meantime, I tweeted his video so watch that and check with the grizsports.com blog or the Missoulian for more.

I love this kid! After reading this, if you have pulse, you'll want to run through a wall like I do. I'm pumped for this excitable kid.
=============================================================================
PERSONAL STATEMENT

Joe Louis Christian Paolina
Position: Offensive Line / Tight End
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 295
GPA: 3.63
ACT: 33
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/662799/highlights/199747375" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

My name is Joseph Paolina.

Traditionally, I have always prided myself as someone who makes every effort to exceed all expectations. I believe that I can contribute a lot, both academically and athletically to any football program I am apart of. I believe that a person's drive and desire to succeed determines the type of player they are.

Academically, I have done well in school. I scored a 33 overall, on the December 13, 2014 - ACT EXAM. My Scores were comprised of a 36/36 in Science, 35/36 in English, 32 in Reading, and 30 in Math. Currently, my GPA is a 3.7. I am also a member of the National Honor Society.

Out of the classroom I make my number one priority football. I spend most of my free time either studying football, playing football, or training for football. I study film for at least an hour a day, not on just myself, but on other O-lineman also; I look for anyway to improve my technique. When me and my friends have some free time we go down to the high school and put work in on the turf. We can go anywhere from just one hour, or the entire day, sometimes we go till the stadium lights shut off.

My training is what I really take pride in. I train 5+ days a week at an NFL quality training facility. It has it all: tires, ropes, turf, platforms, kettle bells, squat racks, benches, etc. I work my a** off to help pay for this training. I do it because I know how important it is. I do Olympic lifts for the most part but I also spend a lot of time working on speed and agility. I am constantly training it's like my second home. I'm passionate in the weight room because I know how important strength, speed, and endurance is in football.

I was introduced to football later than most; my junior year was when one of my head coaches asked me to come out in the spring and play for the team. I was hesitant at first, but as soon as I put on the pads and smacked helmets, I knew it was for me! One year later, I found myself addicted. Football is everything to me. I can't even begin to think about my life before I played football. It's part of who I am, now. I'm HUNGRY! Now I just need a college football program to keep feeding me!

I made myself a promise, when I started football. I will get better every day. I will make my best effort to separate myself from the pack, and to make up for starting football so late. I also promised myself that I wouldn't let this go. I will stick this out, and I do whatever it takes to win. Finally, I promised myself that I will never settle or plateau. I plan on keeping that promise in whatever football program, that I'm fortunate enough to be a part of in the future.

Thank you and God Bless

Joseph Paolina #75

IntuitiveGriz said:
kyle_sample said:
Just a quick update on the above post, there was a miscommunication Joe Paolina will be joining the Griz in the fall so he is part of the 2015 class. I'm talking with him tomorrow afternoon to get more details. I know that he'll be on academic scholarship, but that's about my extent. In the meantime, I tweeted his video so watch that and check with the grizsports.com blog or the Missoulian for more.

I love this kid! After reading this, if you have pulse, you'll want to run through a wall like I do. I'm pumped for this excitable kid.
PERSONAL STATEMENT

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/662799/highlights/199747375" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Traditionally, I have always prided myself as someone who makes every effort to exceed all expectations. I believe that I can contribute a lot, both academically and athletically to any football program I am apart of. I believe that a person's drive and desire to succeed determines the type of player they are.

Academically, I have done well in school. I scored a 33 overall, on the December 13, 2014 - ACT EXAM. My Scores were comprised of a 36/36 in Science, 35/36 in English, 32 in Reading, and 30 in Math. Currently, my GPA is a 3.7. I am also a member of the National Honor Society.

Out of the classroom I make my number one priority football. I spend most of my free time either studying football, playing football, or training for football. I study film for at least an hour a day, not on just myself, but on other O-lineman also; I look for anyway to improve my technique. When me and my friends have some free time we go down to the high school and put work in on the turf. We can go anywhere from just one hour, or the entire day, sometimes we go till the stadium lights shut off.

My training is what I really take pride in. I train 5+ days a week at an NFL quality training facility. It has it all: tires, ropes, turf, platforms, kettle bells, squat racks, benches, etc. I work my a** off to help pay for this training. I do it because I know how important it is. I do Olympic lifts for the most part but I also spend a lot of time working on speed and agility. I am constantly training it's like my second home. I'm passionate in the weight room because I know how important strength, speed, and endurance is in football.

I was introduced to football later than most; my junior year was when one of my head coaches asked me to come out in the spring and play for the team. I was hesitant at first, but as soon as I put on the pads and smacked helmets, I knew it was for me! One year later, I found myself addicted. Football is everything to me. I can't even begin to think about my life before I played football. It's part of who I am, now. I'm HUNGRY! Now I just need a college football program to keep feeding me!

I made myself a promise, when I started football. I will get better every day. I will make my best effort to separate myself from the pack, and to make up for starting football so late. I also promised myself that I wouldn't let this go. I will stick this out, and I do whatever it takes to win. Finally, I promised myself that I will never settle or plateau. I plan on keeping that promise in whatever football program, that I'm fortunate enough to be a part of in the future.

Thank you and God Bless

Joseph Paolina #75

Thanks for sharing IG. That is a great insight into the kid and player. That gives us an idea of what the GRIZ coaches are seeing in this kid and what he is about. How can anyone not pull for someone with this kind of attitude and commitment? :thumb:

IntuitiveGriz said:
kyle_sample said:

PERSONAL STATEMENT

Thank you and God Bless

Joseph Paolina #75
Wow.....sounds like an awesome kid

IntuitiveGriz said:
grizindabox said:

One sportswriter:

"There is no denying that Edina's LeCorre is the top returning kicker in the state (Minnesota). Last year he had done something that I hadn't seen in more than 40 years of covering high school football. He put two kickoffs through the uprights in one game."

LeCorre also finished top 4 out of 100 in a Vegas kicking camp competition...

IntuitiveGriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
grizindabox said:

One sportswriter:

"There is no denying that Edina's LeCorre is the top returning kicker in the state (Minnesota). Last year he had done something that I hadn't seen in more than 40 years of covering high school football. He put two kickoffs through the uprights in one game."

LeCorre also finished top 4 out of 100 in a Vegas kicking camp competition...

So how did the GRIZ land him? How was he not signed with a BCS school? Sounds like a great get. Whatever the reasons are, I am glad he fell through the cracks. :thumb:

IntuitiveGriz said:
kyle_sample said:

PERSONAL STATEMENT

Thank you and God Bless

Joseph Paolina #75

Damn 33 on the ACT is impressive.

NEW OFFER: Kayode Awosika 6'5" 255 OL Plymouth, MN (Maple Grove HS)

Also has offers from Illinois St, Northern Iowa, and Wyoming.

NEW OFFER: Tamarick Pierce 5'11" 195 ATH Berkeley, CA (Saint Mary's HS)

Also has offers from Eastern Washington, North Dakota State, and Sacramento State

WaGriz4life said:

Also has offers from Eastern Washington, North Dakota State, and Sacramento State
This kid is the real fricken deal, by the way. Just watched his tape on hudl. They run a weird tiple option offense out of the shotgun so he's more of a RB in HS, gets tons of carries out of the backfield on sweeps and counters. Hope we can get him. Great feet and plays with attitude

WaGriz4life said:
WaGriz4life said:

This kid is the real fricken deal, by the way. Just watched his tape on hudl. They run a weird tiple option offense out of the shotgun so he's more of a RB in HS, gets tons of carries out of the backfield on sweeps and counters. Hope we can get him. Great feet and plays with attitude

Being an athlete, do you feel he could play CB or S ?

Back