• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2016 Recruiting Thread 23 Offers

mtgrizrule said:
WaGriz4life said:
WaGriz4life said:
NEW OFFER: Tamarick Pierce 5'11" 195 ATH Berkeley, CA (Saint Mary's HS)

Also has offers from Eastern Washington, North Dakota State, and Sacramento State
This kid is the real fricken deal, by the way. Just watched his tape on hudl. They run a weird tiple option offense out of the shotgun so he's more of a RB in HS, gets tons of carries out of the backfield on sweeps and counters. Hope we can get him. Great feet and plays with attitude

Being an athlete, do you feel he could play CB or S ?
I honestly don't even know if he plays defense on his HS team.

NEW OFFER: Kevin Howell 5'10" 175 ATH Thousand Oaks, CA (Thousand Oaks HS)

Plays CB and WR. Montana is his first offer

Was just on Twitter and saw something about picking up another player. Pretty vague though, anybody know more about that?

brewskis said:
Was just on Twitter and saw something about picking up another player. Pretty vague though, anybody know more about that?

That was confirmation that safety Keenan Curran from Federal Way, WA is NOT going to the Air Force Academy and instead will be a Griz this fall. Another great addition to the 2015 class. Way to go coaches and welcome Keenan!!

Go Griz!

KoolMoeDee said:
brewskis said:

Keenan Curran

Coach Semore tweeted it is Keenan Curran. https://twitter.com/CoachJSemore" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I was disappointed we lost him originally to AF. Welcome to GRIZNATION Keenan and family. :thumb:

In case you forgot how good Keenan is here are his highlights.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/929743/highlights/69477401/v2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WR/QB is listed on his profile. Weren't we looking at him as a safety before? I am impressed with his athleticism at QB. Could it be that Stitt will give him a shot to compete with Pflug for QB in a few years, if his mechanics have improved and in the meantime play safety and/or WR?

mtgrizrule said:
WR/QB is listed on his profile. Weren't we looking at him as a safety before? I am impressed with his athleticism at QB. Could it be that Stitt will give him a shot to compete with Pflug for QB in a few years, if his mechanics have improved and in the meantime play safety and/or WR?

Considering Coach Semore is tweeting the information and he is the secondary coach my bet is that Curran will play safety. This is an excellent pickup that really bolsters are secondary!

go96griz said:
mtgrizrule said:

Considering Coach Semore is tweeting the information and he is the secondary coach my bet is that Curran will play safety. This is an excellent pickup that really bolsters are secondary!

I bet you are right. :thumb: I hope his HUDL profile lists his 40 time wrong. It has him at a 4.9 40. That kind of time would not be very encouraging for Safety.

mtgrizrule said:
go96griz said:
mtgrizrule said:

I bet you are right. :thumb: I hope his HUDL profile lists his 40 time wrong. It has him at a 4.9 40. That kind of time would not be very encouraging for Safety.
General rule of thumb is never, under any circumstance, take 40 times posted on any recruiting site seriously, good or bad.

Is Keenan Curran the additional rumored transfer a few were referencing the last few weeks, or is there still another XFR to be coming in?

Keenan was recruited to play WR....he is the guy who was rumored for weeks. I first reported on it in early March when he was exploring transfers. The process to get discharged from a military academy is a very long and tedious one so this has been in the works for awhile.

Thanks to Kyle Sample for the information.
And Sir Stitt will continue having his way with plenty of receivers on hand to make my days beginning next season! Days! Can't wait for the offensive display we all know is coming.

http://missoulian.com/sports/colleg...cle_402d8157-4226-58f8-9bf2-2a2e13342f6f.html

Props to Kyle Sample for the scoop and excellent information provided in his Missoulian article linked above. Curran is an athlete that will make an impact on the Griz. Interesting to read that Legi had a former relationship with Curran since he coached his older brother at Eastern Oregon and also that Caleb Lyons, current Griz receiver, has a relationship with him. Too bad that Curran passed on an offer from MSU.

mtgrizrule said:
go96griz said:
mtgrizrule said:

4.9 is what I think I remember the time being for Matt Hermanson on his Montana Pro Day. (on the tv news) I was pretty suprised...

I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

IntuitiveGriz said:
mtgrizrule said:
go96griz said:
mtgrizrule said:

4.9 is what I think I remember the time being for Matt Hermanson on his Montana Pro Day. (on the tv news) I was pretty suprised...

That time is way off. He ran a 4.47 at a camp at Arizona State last year

kyle_sample said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
mtgrizrule said:
go96griz said:

That time is way off. He ran a 4.47 at a camp at Arizona State last year

Your phantom time is way off! :roll:

At his Montana Pro Day, on 3/9/15, he ran 4.99 :!:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=97336&draftyear=2015&genpos=FS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back