• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2016 Recruiting Thread 23 Offers

Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) -

Students who are residents of WICHE states are eligible to request a reduced tuition rate of 150% of resident tuition at participating two- and four-year college programs outside of their home state.

http://www.wiche.edu/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WICHE REGION (15 states and a Commonwealth)

Alaska
Arizona
California
Colorado
Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI)
Hawai'i
Idaho
Montana
Nevada
New Mexico
North Dakota
Oregon
South Dakota
Utah
Washington
Wyoming

IntuitiveGriz said:
WWAMI is a medical school program, not a premedical program. Students who enter the program are enrolled in the University of Washington School of Medicine, and complete their first year of medical school in their home states. This includes basic science courses and clinical experiences, both on campus and in the community. First year programs exist at Washington State University in Pullman, Washington State University in Spokane, the University of Wyoming in Laramie, the University of Alaska in Anchorage, Montana State University in Bozeman, and the University of Idaho in Moscow. At all these sites first year medical students participate in a curriculum similar to and compatible with that of the University of Washington School of Medicine’ s first year. For their second year, WWAMI student join their classmates on the Seattle Campus.
UM not included.

IntuitiveGriz said:
PhxGriz said:
Wiche and wami used to be programs that allowed Montana kids to attend Med school and get close to in state tuition as we know there isn't an in state choice for Montana kids. I did not know it was being used for football as well . very cool

A hs football teammate in Butte of mine was in the WWAMI program... UWash School of Med 1997, UMich residency completed in 2001.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.montana.edu/wwami/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WWAMI Medical Education Program
A Regional Partner of the University of Washington School of Medicine

A partnership with the University of Washington School of Medicine and the states of Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, and Idaho. Forty years of collaboration and innovation, all in the service of educating physician health-care professionals.

WWAMI is a cooperative program of the University of Washington School of Medicine and the states of Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, and Idaho. (The first letter of each state is where WWAMI gets its name.) It gives students residing in the Northwestern United States access to high-quality, cost-effective medical education by decentralizing the educational process and sharing existing facilities and personnel in universities and communities in the WWAMI states. Support of WWAMI by the State of Montana allows 30 qualified Montana residents to be admitted to the program each year.

WWAMI is a medical school program, not a premedical program. Students who enter the program are enrolled in the University of Washington School of Medicine, and complete their first year of medical school in their home states. This includes basic science courses and clinical experiences, both on campus and in the community. First year programs exist at Washington State University in Pullman, Washington State University in Spokane, the University of Wyoming in Laramie, the University of Alaska in Anchorage, Montana State University in Bozeman, and the University of Idaho in Moscow. At all these sites first year medical students participate in a curriculum similar to and compatible with that of the University of Washington School of Medicine’ s first year. For their second year, WWAMI student join their classmates on the Seattle Campus.

The WWAMI Medical Education Program strives to attain two main goals. The first is to make public medical education accessible to Montana residents. The second is to encourage graduates to choose careers in primary care medicine and to locate their practices in the non-metropolitan areas of the northwestern U.S. Many of these areas lack an adequate number of primary care physicians and access to healthcare in general. Additionally, the program encourages talented students, especially minority students, in the WWAMI states to enter the field of medicine.

Yea, but he was a slacker......

putter said:
Yea, but he was a slacker......

:lol: :thumb: :agree:

I forgot, putter, there was actually two of them that did the same thing from our class (WWAMI program... UWash School of Med 1997, UMich residency completed in 2001.) I remembered a couple hours later after posting, but I slacked on re-posting. HA. JB a starting WR, and JD a backup safety.

He has many options if he signs with us. Play receiver. Play defensive end. Hell he might even try QB-ing. Serious stuff: we will be needing receivers big and small, tall for sure. Defensive ends are needed as four will play in each game with four more on standby. I doubt if he comes but if we get him...he will play.

Umista said:
He has many options if he signs with us. Play receiver. Play defensive end. Hell he might even try QB-ing. Serious stuff: we will be needing receivers big and small, tall for sure. Defensive ends are needed as four will play in each game with four more on standby. I doubt if he comes but if we get him...he will play.
There are advantages to going here over PAC 12, as far as playing time he has a much greater chance of being a multi-year starter here. But almost all will choose going to school at Washington or Oregon State over Montana. I wasn't trying to be negative saying he is a longshot, I'm glad we are offering the top players in the Northwest regardless of their other offers. Who knows if Oregon State and Washington were even to take him right now if he tried to commit. They could be waiting for bigger fish.

Looks like we have our first commit of 2016, an OL Joe Paolina from CA. Confirmed by Kyle Sample and the kid's instagram page.

EDIT: Apparently he's actually a late addition to the class of 2015.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Kyle_Missoulian/status/588215122868445184[/tweet]

Just a quick update on the above post, there was a miscommunication Joe Paolina will be joining the Griz in the fall so he is part of the 2015 class. I'm talking with him tomorrow afternoon to get more details. I know that he'll be on academic scholarship, but that's about my extent. In the meantime, I tweeted his video so watch that and check with the grizsports.com blog or the Missoulian for more.

Hightlights!! http://www.hudl.com/athlete/662799/joe-paolina" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :clap: :thumb:

Jed Nagler Whitefish,MT. Monster of the midway!
Junior football and track and field phenom. 6'4"
230lbs won the 100 M and high jump at the Missoula Invitational last
Weekend against the best from AA......CMR, GFH,
Sentinel, Hellgate, Big Sky, etc. best high jump in the state this year at 6'6"
Hell of a wide receiver in football.....Griz want him.....also 3rd in 200M

That Coleman kid out of AZ is bad ass, just watched some YouTube vids on him... Looks like a great receiver too... This kid would fit well into Stitts offence, would be a great get if they can pull it off.... Let's go Justin do your thing.

Back