• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2018 Griz Football Recruiting 22 Signed/Transfers, 7 Walk-ons & 4 Offers

Just to get both together
QB- Seamus Hennessy
Put him as a walk-on until we know different

[tweet]https://twitter.com/seamus_henny/status/961426905487441920[/tweet]

[hudl]https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5388671/59c9d9df19a5ec26b8fc0f6d[/hudl]

Listed as a walk on and ATH, Because cannot see a dude 5'8 playing DL or LB for the Griz

ATH- Jace Schneider 5'8" 170 (Bellevue HS) Belleview, WA

grizghost said:
Hauck..holes in the team depth chart..to many WR..going to make some of them CB..going to
take a couple of years to get the machine working again... everybody is going to have to work to get
their position...going to have fun but winning is the goal! @Kalispell signing day

Well he doesn’t get a couple of years to get the machine going. He’s got to win next year at least get to the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IntuitiveGriz said:
Awesome job by former Griz Greats:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizFB/status/961320881669603328[/tweet]

Cory Proctor is INTENSE, I love it. :cool:

Not gonna lie. I just became a D Critts fan.

Paytonlives said:
Just to get both together
QB- Seamus Hennessy
Put him as a walk-on until we know different

[tweet]https://twitter.com/seamus_henny/status/961426905487441920[/tweet]

[hudl]https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5388671/59c9d9df19a5ec26b8fc0f6d[/hudl]

I see Seamus was ranked just a bit behind Ganoung
DTXmgS1U8AAwGXJ

dayday said:
grizghost said:
Hauck..holes in the team depth chart..to many WR..going to make some of them CB..going to
take a couple of years to get the machine working again... everybody is going to have to work to get
their position...going to have fun but winning is the goal! @Kalispell signing day

Well he doesn’t get a couple of years to get the machine going. He’s got to win next year at least get to the playoffs.

Or what?

Allezchat said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Hell I'm fired up for life after watching Derek's speech.

VimSince03 said:
Allezchat said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Right! And I never want to make Proctor mad...ever. That dude seems just a little intense.

HookedonGriz said:
VimSince03 said:
Allezchat said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Right! And I never want to make Proctor mad...ever. That dude seems just a little intense.

He's the um version of the Macho Man

Allezchat said:
HookedonGriz said:
VimSince03 said:
Allezchat said:

He's the um version of the Macho Man

That's it! I was trying to figure out what it reminded me of. It is professional wrestling.

HelenaHandBasket said:
dayday said:

WTF is this?

A very well thought out post. :?: :!:

:lol:

Hauck believes in Mamula's NFL potential like most of us:

"In terms of Milt, we're always worried right up until the letter of intent comes through. He's a guy that I, he had some injury problems, coupled with the fact he's kind of a late bloomer. I was concerned, he's less than an hour from Maryland and Rutgers and all those places. Boston College is right there. That's his dad's alma mater. So, we were really worried about that but he hung in there with us and he's a special guy. He reminds me a lot of Kroy Biermann. Which, I don't mean to put that on the kids. He's going to be Milt Mamula, so he reminds me of his dad as well. He was a teammate of my brother's at the Eagles. That was the connection. So hopefully what we think will happen with him comes to fruition because he can be a big time player."

behappp said:
Paytonlives said:
I see Seamus was ranked just a bit behind Ganoung
DTXmgS1U8AAwGXJ

I’m wondering if there are coaches who scour lists like these to see who might not have signed to see if they can gen some interest on their parts, in their schools, if they think that kid could help them?

From the Missoulian:

What Brown had to say when he signed: "I feel great. I don't plan on taking things easy or half-doing things when I get there. I plan on being the hardest working person I can be on and off the field and when I do get my chance, they're (going to) feel me." :shock: :D :thumb:

Bring it buddy!!! Go Griz

HelenaHandBasket said:
grizfan1984 said:
Somebody better ask why we didn't recruit any CBs we had one in our lap in Alex Johnson but never ended up signing any. Thats 2 years in a row with no CB recruits transfers are always a swing and miss so I guess we will see, I just hope this doesn't come back to haunt us.

This did come up, and Hauck's response was receivers moving to CB.

Correct, Hauck did say he is looking to move a few of the WRs to CB, because you can't have good athletes watching good athletes.

However he does not know who those will be at this time. He said he will evaluate this situation on the field this spring and then make decisions.

Also Schillinger said the Jackson Pepe (the recruited Saftey) can play any position in the secondary. So maybe we did actually recruit a HS CB.

HookedonGriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Can't wait to see these new guys in this:

images

Side note, I am somewhat surprised by how quiet it's been (the whole recruiting season) over our QB signee from Eureka (Graves). Man, watch his tape, the kid is an athlete! Good size, arm, speed, toughness (champion wrestler). Like our OC said, Graves is a gunslinger. :clap: Bright future.

Agree he's the #2 player in the state IMO.
:thumb:
Coachs' love him:
Hauck: "Garrett will play quarterback for us. He's a terrific athlete. He can run it. He can throw it. He's a great competitor. He's a winner. I can't wait to see him under center."
Rosenbach: Garrett's got tremendous athletic ability. He's won state championships in two sports and we're excited to have him here with Griz Nation.
Graves is going into state ranked No. 1. He is the defending champion in the Class B/C's 182-pound weight class, and hasn't lost a match since he was a sophomore.

SOUNDS LIKE we maybe seeing big-play-Gabe on the field in 2018...

Hauck: "Gabe is a special guy. He was the Gatorade Player of the Year in the state of Montana this year. He chose UM over many other options. He's a true Griz. Both his mom and dad were great Grizzlies in their own right and his sister's on our track team. We think Gabe can provide explosive plays; big play ability to our offense."

Green: "We're very excited to have the best receiver in the state in a long time. This young man was the Gatorade Player of the Year and we expect big things out of him."

Sulser: "I'm super happy to finally be a Griz. It's a dream come true. I love everything about the university and the football program. I look forward to making an impact on the team and win lots of games. I'm also very excited to build relationships with new teammates and friends."

What Sulser's been up to: "I've been spending a lot of offseason training. Spending time in the weight room to be as fast and as strong as possible to be ready for next year. I'm also looking forward to running track this spring."

Latest posts

Back