• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2018 Griz Football Recruiting 22 Signed/Transfers, 7 Walk-ons & 4 Offers

IntuitiveGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
grizfan1984 said:
Somebody better ask why we didn't recruit any CBs we had one in our lap in Alex Johnson but never ended up signing any. Thats 2 years in a row with no CB recruits transfers are always a swing and miss so I guess we will see, I just hope this doesn't come back to haunt us.

This did come up, and Hauck's response was receivers moving to CB.

Correct, Hauck did say he is looking to move a few of the WRs to CB, because you can't have good athletes watching good athletes.

However he does not know who those will be at this time. He said he will evaluate this situation on the field this spring and then make decisions.

Also Schillinger said the Jackson Pepe (the recruited Saftey) can play any position in the secondary. So maybe we did actually recruit a HS CB.

He also said they didn’t offer kids that didn’t fit the three graded criteria which may explain the issue with the CB from Cali.

HookedonGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
Khalil Oliver to Missouri....think we saw that one coming

Is that the Oregon Duck transfer?

Yes sir

Well I think with getting the Arizona transfer is not as huge of a loss. Some were saying he could play corner which I don’t think is true. He’s a safety has been in high school and at Oregon. His last year of eligibility he was going somewhere to be a FS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dayday said:
HookedonGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
Khalil Oliver to Missouri....think we saw that one coming

Is that the Oregon Duck transfer?

Yes sir

Well I think with getting the Arizona transfer is not as huge of a loss. Some were saying he could play corner which I don’t think is true. He’s a safety has been in high school and at Oregon. His last year of eligibility he was going somewhere to be a FS.

Agreed...never believe we were on his radar (or vice versa).

Still intrigued by the recruiting loss of Alex Johnson (CB). Reasons he didn't sign will probably never come to light, but seemed he was really interested in playing for the Griz.

GrizLogger said:
grizband said:
Still intrigued by the recruiting loss of Alex Johnson (CB). Reasons he didn't sign will probably never come to light, but seemed he was really interested in playing for the Griz.

Can only guess, but maybe something in his past came up, whether it be school related or trouble with Johnny Law. Either way, wish the kid the best of luck with his future.
Jesus dude. I can only guess here, but you've probably molested someone. How was that? Classy, right?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Not to brighten the day but Garrett Graves won the Class B wrestling title in the 182 lb. class for a second straight year. Didn't lose a match in two years. Stud. I know he is coming in as a QB but I hope to see him on the defensive side of the ball someday.

GrizLogger said:
grizband said:

Can only guess, but maybe something in his past came up, whether it be school related or trouble with Johnny Law. Either way, wish the kid the best of luck with his future.

What a tool. You’ve now let everyone know exactly where you stand.

Hello Guys,

My name is Michael Clemons. I am the father of Alex Johnson from Loyola High the CB from Los Angeles. I have been following the board since Alex took his official visit to Montana. I want to set the record straight in regards to his recruiting. Alex LOVED HIS VISIT AND TIME THERE. He came home and said Montana was the school for him and he wanted to commit right away. Two weeks later the coach is fired. When Mr. Hauck called he told Alex to DO WHAT WAS BEST FOR HIM. He never made an attempt to see if he was a good fit. Alex is a great kid. Never any problem at home or school. He is a 3 sport athlete that gets good grades. I repeat he stopped all other visits and said he was set with Montana.

Best regards,
Michael Clemons

michaelclemons said:
Hello Guys,

My name is Michael Clemons. I am the father of Alex Johnson from Loyola High the CB from Los Angeles. I have been following the board since Alex took his official visit to Montana. I want to set the record straight in regards to his recruiting. Alex LOVED HIS VISIT AND TIME THERE. He came home and said Montana was the school for him and he wanted to commit right away. Two weeks later the coach is fired. When Mr. Hauck called he told Alex to DO WHAT WAS BEST FOR HIM. He never made an attempt to see if he was a good fit. Alex is a great kid. Never any problem at home or school. He is a 3 sport athlete that gets good grades. I repeat he stopped all other visits and said he was set with Montana.

Best regards,
Michael Clemons

So what is your son’s plans now?

michaelclemons said:
Hello Guys,

Best regards,
Michael Clemons

Thanks for the info and glad you posted. I feel bad for your son as our coaching change put him in a tough spot. We definitely need good corners so I wish they would have still given him an opportunity. Best of luck to Alex and I'm sure he will find a good fit.

..my guess would be Bobby thinks there is to many WR so he's going to get CB's out of this group...
come spring ball they will revaluate and fill-in with transfers..it's probably why he pulled back on
Alex Johnson..

I think Coach Hauck's plan is to play 6 or 7 defensive line men at once and set up such a fierce pass rush that we don't even need to play corner backs.

michaelclemons said:
Hello Guys,

Best regards,
Michael Clemons

Thanks for stopping by, Michael. Sorry to hear that you and your son were put in a tough spot with the coaching change, and sorry for the few a**hole posters that we have on here. I assure you that most Griz fans are good people, and I know there are many of us pulling for Alex to have more great opportunities and a great career. Best of luck and prayers for Alex.

SaskGriz said:
I think Coach Hauck's plan is to play 6 or 7 defensive line men at once and set up such a fierce pass rush that we don't even need to play corner backs.
Utilize those cover tackles

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

michaelclemons said:
Hello Guys,

Best regards,
Michael Clemons

I was disappointed that Hauck did not pursue your son...he looked like a good one!

Hello Guys,

Thank you for your well wishes for Alex Johnson. I wished it would have worked out. He was very disappointed in how things turned out. This kid will not turn 18 until Oct. He is a PWO at UCLA. I am hooked on this site. I will continue to follow and watch the games.

Best Regards,
Michael Clemons

GO GRIZZS

Latest posts

Back