• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2018 Griz Football Recruiting 22 Signed/Transfers, 7 Walk-ons & 4 Offers

VimSince03 said:
Not to brighten the day but Garrett Graves won the Class B wrestling title in the 182 lb. class for a second straight year. Didn't lose a match in two years. Stud. I know he is coming in as a QB but I hope to see him on the defensive side of the ball someday.

Yes. Exactly. Kid looks like a great safety at this level.

MTGRZ said:
VimSince03 said:
Not to brighten the day but Garrett Graves won the Class B wrestling title in the 182 lb. class for a second straight year. Didn't lose a match in two years. Stud. I know he is coming in as a QB but I hope to see him on the defensive side of the ball someday.

Sadly, I think BH sees him as heir apparent in 3 years (as a RS Junior) once Gresch is done.

AZGrizFan said:
MTGRZ said:
VimSince03 said:

Sadly, I think BH sees him as heir apparent in 3 years (as a RS Junior) once Gresch is done.

I trust Bobby. But I just see his athleticism put to good use as a safety. Maybe he has the intangibles to be a leader at QB. A good MT kid as a QB can go a long ways (Dave, John Edwards, Selle, Gufstafson), maybe BH wants a MT kid at QB. Time will tell I guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if he turns to defense if he doesn't get the playing time he would like at QB.

Doesn't BH like the best athletes on the field regardless of position? We shall see.

MTGRZ said:
AZGrizFan said:
MTGRZ said:
VimSince03 said:

I trust Bobby. But I just see his athleticism put to good use as a safety. Maybe he has the intangibles to be a leader at QB. A good MT kid as a QB can go a long ways (Dave, John Edwards, Selle, Gufstafson), maybe BH wants a MT kid at QB. Time will tell I guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if he turns to defense if he doesn't get the playing time he would like at QB.

Doesn't BH like the best athletes on the field regardless of position? We shall see.
I think I remember Bobby once saying that he always wants a Montana QB on the roster

MTGRZ said:
AZGrizFan said:
MTGRZ said:
VimSince03 said:

I just hope he (BH) sees the light and gets him on the field as a safety. :thumb:

Someone enlighten me on the last time a safety lead a team to the national title game? & was that really the most important of the missing pieces in recent years? I don’t think so. The reality is if the kid has the talent to play QB @ the highest level, that’s where he should be. Now more than ever, it’s a QB driven game.

AZGrizFan said:
MTGRZ said:
AZGrizFan said:
MTGRZ said:

I just hope he (BH) sees the light and gets him on the field as a safety. :thumb:

Well, you will be in great position to advise BH and his staff on where Graves should play, being that you will be in daily contact with him in workouts and practice. :roll:

If no new recruiting info happens by Wednesday, it will be time to cut this one loose...

Thanks to all that helped make this the longest recruiting thread ever (by quite a bit)

130 pages... for some context I doubt ANY FBS school forum has a recruiting thread this long. Could be wrong... but doubt it.

And if you add the 29 pages of Montana HS recruiting (Thanks Vim and Howard)

Egriz is nearly 160 pages and 350,000 views!!! Unbelievable!!!

Paytonlives said:
If no new recruiting info happens by Wednesday, it will be time to cut this one loose...

Thanks to all that helped make this the longest recruiting thread ever (by quite a bit)

130 pages... for some context I doubt ANY FBS school forum has a recruiting thread this long. Could be wrong... but doubt it.

Thanks for all your work!

Would spring transfers count in this class, enough to keep the thread open?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Paytonlives said:

Ok, but Thursday we'll expect the 2019 Recruiting Thread to be up an filled with all sorts of useful information. :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
MTGRZ said:
AZGrizFan said:
MTGRZ said:

“Sadly”? “Sees the light”?
What is your basis for these comments?

garizzalies said:
AZGrizFan said:
MTGRZ said:
AZGrizFan said:

“Sadly”? “Sees the light”?
What is your basis for these comments?

I think we'd be wasting him on the sidelines if we're saving him for QB (given that the position is filled for the next three years). I believe his skillset is better utilized on the defensive side of the ball and would get him on the field much sooner. I thought that was pretty clear...

maroonandsilver said:
AZGrizFan said:
MTGRZ said:
AZGrizFan said:

Well, you will be in great position to advise BH and his staff on where Graves should play, being that you will be in daily contact with him in workouts and practice. :roll:

I swear to God the concept of the ability for people to have a differing opinion just absolutely escapes some people.

AZGrizFan said:
maroonandsilver said:
AZGrizFan said:
MTGRZ said:

I swear to God the concept of the ability for people to have a differing opinion just absolutely escapes some people.

"Opinions" and "Informed Opinions" are quite different animals.

maroonandsilver said:
AZGrizFan said:
maroonandsilver said:
AZGrizFan said:

Graves is going to surprise the doubters. He can play! With a legit QB coach, there is telling what the limit is. He is a relentless worker who refuses to lose!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maroonandsilver said:
AZGrizFan said:
maroonandsilver said:
AZGrizFan said:

Really? So yours is so informed that you're confident and comfortable flamespraying people for theirs?

weren't the same things said about the wilson kid from polson last year, as being said about graves kid this year.....both about same size, both recruited to be future griz qbs......which one is considered the better qb and athlete ? or do we really know ?

Paytonlives said:

I am still holding out hope for 4 Star OT- Hunter Maginnes. He still hasn’t signed after his recruiting fell off and recently followed Colin Bonnicksen which usually means there’s been contact and might be visiting.

dayday said:
Paytonlives said:

I am still holding out hope for 4 Star OT- Hunter Maginnes. He still hasn’t signed after his recruiting fell off and recently followed Colin Bonnicksen which usually means there’s been contact and might be visiting.

Hope he signs. Not sure on the 4 star thing though.

Latest posts

Back