• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2018 Griz Football Recruiting 22 Signed/Transfers, 7 Walk-ons & 4 Offers

AZGrizFan said:
Is it just me, or does this whole process seem to be going a LOT slower than normal?

Texas Tech (where my kids go) literally has 99 offers out right now. ASU has 126 offers out. Oklahoma has a whopping 170 offers out.

So, two days ago I post that I'm concerned this is going slower than normal and suddenly SEVEN offers announced in the last two days???

Coincidence? I think not.... :lol: :cool:

AZGrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
Is it just me, or does this whole process seem to be going a LOT slower than normal?

Texas Tech (where my kids go) literally has 99 offers out right now. ASU has 126 offers out. Oklahoma has a whopping 170 offers out.

So, two days ago I post that I'm concerned this is going slower than normal and suddenly SEVEN offers announced in the last two days???

Coincidence? I think not.... :lol: :cool:
They are just taking their time to offer the right guys, does seem like this year has been slower though. Starting to pick up now that the coaches are out evaluating players in Washington, Arizona, Cali, Oregon etc.

Wanna take bets on how many of the latest offers sign? These seem like the type of one's where you hope to luck out but in reality the FBS offers they have will on most occasions win out. I think some of the "unknown" offers are of kids who are more likely to sign. Glad the new signing period rule will weed out the guys who are stringing us along so coaches can offer others who will sign

Ursus1 said:
Glad the new signing period rule will weed out the guys who are stringing us along so coaches can offer others who will sign

I don't see the early period making a huge difference with these type of players. The borderline FBS/FCS guys will still hold out as long as possible waiting for that FBS offer.

Ursus1 said:
Wanna take bets on how many of the latest offers sign? These seem like the type of one's where you hope to luck out but in reality the FBS offers they have will on most occasions win out. I think some of the "unknown" offers are of kids who are more likely to sign. Glad the new signing period rule will weed out the guys who are stringing us along so coaches can offer others who will sign

F*cking Stitt can't do anything right! Thanks a lot Bob. :roll:

HelenaHandBasket said:
Ursus1 said:
Glad the new signing period rule will weed out the guys who are stringing us along so coaches can offer others who will sign

I don't see the early period making a huge difference with these type of players. The borderline FBS/FCS guys will still hold out as long as possible waiting for that FBS offer.

The ones I am talking about already have FBS offers not just waiting. Seems that Stoner was one this year that committed early while having a FBS offer on the table.....others strung along and went FBS leaving areas of need (DB RB) in a pickle.

Ursus1 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Ursus1 said:

The ones I am talking about already have FBS offers not just waiting. Seems that Stoner was one this year that committed early while having a FBS offer on the table.....others strung along and went FBS leaving areas of need (DB RB) in a pickle.

I think you have to over offer all of these Borderline FBS guys then get them out for a visit in the fall during a game. I think that helps a lot.

Also Stoner is a great example. San Jose State had a coaching change which helped us immensely. These kids commit then the coach gets fired gives us a shot. The most frustrating head to head battles we've had so far are with Hawaii and Air Force. If a coaching change happens there like Calhoun gets a different job then that may open up even more recruits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dayday said:
Ursus1 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Ursus1 said:

I think you have to over offer all of these Borderline FBS guys then get them out for a visit in the fall during a game. I think that helps a lot.

Also Stoner is a great example. San Jose State had a coaching change which helped us immensely. These kids commit then the coach gets fired gives us a shot. The most frustrating head to head battles we've had so far are with Hawaii and Air Force. If a coaching change happens there like Calhoun gets a different job then that may open up even more recruits.

Jesse Sims is a starting DL here because of a coaching change at Oregon State.

AZGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:
TE/DE- James Stagg 6'4" 240 (Dersert Vista HS) Pheonix, AZ (3-Star) (T-5/11/17)

Holds offers from AFA, Louisville, Nevada, NAU, NMSU & Hawaii

And just got back from a Washington visit.....likely come to Montana since we offered.....ya right. Semore going to start offering 5 star guys now too?

Ursus1 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:

And just got back from a Washington visit.....likely come to Montana since we offered.....ya right. Semore going to start offering 5 star guys now too?

Do you remember how the Griz got Rey Green Ursus1?

Ursus1 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:

You misread my intentions, ursus. Unlike you, I'm not a "sky is falling, ship is sinking" guy. I have ZERO problem offering these kids--just pointing out who we're up against. There are countless examples of guys coming here instead of an FBS program, for any number of reasons. Might be a long shot, but sometimes those pay off. Not sure why you're suddenly so down on a process that has been employed by hundreds of lower level coaches for years and years. Maybe it's your stitt hatred.... :roll: :roll:

AZGrizFan said:
Ursus1 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:

You misread my intentions, ursus. Unlike you, I'm not a "sky is falling, ship is sinking" guy. I have ZERO problem offering these kids--just pointing out who we're up against. There are countless examples of guys coming here instead of an FBS program, for any number of reasons. Might be a long shot, but sometimes those pay off. Not sure why you're suddenly so down on a process that has been employed by hundreds of lower level coaches for years and years. Maybe it's your stitt hatred.... :roll: :roll:

Haha it's sort of comical these over reactions. Stitt's strategy is in wait and see mode. I like the talent he's brought in and vision so far so we'll see if it works out. Recruiting will work if we win, it'll work at this level with our facilities. I'm going to coin the Philly phrase and trust the process. We need to offer these kids whether we get them or not initially it opens doors in the future. Do we get burned? Yes sometimes we do but that's the recruiting game. Rather offer than don't.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Michael Jordan & Michael Scott

Paytonlives said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ZRitner/status/863152500215398400[/tweet]

This one's got Hawaii, CSU, UNLV and Army offers...

I swear, every kid we've offered has also been offered by Hawaii! :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ZRitner/status/863152500215398400[/tweet]

This one's got Hawaii, CSU, UNLV and Army offers...

I swear, every kid we've offered has also been offered by Hawaii! :lol:

Yeah lots of head to head battles with Legi. Good news is that Hawaii has done a Bozeman and has like hundreds and hundreds of offers out.

Griz til I die said:
dayday said:
https://twitter.com/alijahlee5/status/863421375809150976

I think we just got our RB we were all hoping for.

I wouldn't say this is who I was hoping for...

5' 6" 190 lbs. walk on to Washington state

I was hoping for a 6' 215 lb drop down from USC that was a 4* stuck in the depth chart! Hahaha

Back