• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2018 Griz Football Recruiting 22 Signed/Transfers, 7 Walk-ons & 4 Offers

AZGrizFan said:
New offer: Devonte Lee, RB out of Oklahoma
5'10", 215 lbs

[tweet]https://twitter.com/tae751/status/857268428142497792[/tweet]

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4342310/devonte-lee

Watch the first two plays. You'll be hooked. :lol: :lol:

Runs like Deonte Foreman, late of University of Texas.... :shock: :shock:

:eek:

I actually think the 3rd play is better. That stiff arm he gave that DB along the sidelines damn near rung the guy up!!

And yeah, it'd be an awesome get. But I can't see it.

Man! You know those kids he played against weren't nearly as weak as he made them look. Total brute. Poor defenders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jaysus, he was pushed out of bounds three times and tackled twice in 5:36 of video. I'd love to see him as a Griz but I can't believe he doesn't get a major FBS offer.

Apparently the Griz coaches are just out recruiting this next week.... I'm sure they have been recruiting but I haven't seen them be as visible in Montana as they could be. Additionally if weren't out recruiting last week when they could that's just plain incompetent. That tweet bothered me.

https://twitter.com/umgrizzlies_fb/status/858084682482700292

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dayday said:
Apparently the Griz coaches are just out recruiting this next week.... I'm sure they have been recruiting but I haven't seen them be as visible in Montana as they could be. Additionally if weren't out recruiting last week when they could that's just plain incompetent. That tweet bothered me.

Damn.....solid GIF. Impressive shit.

brewskis said:
dayday said:

Damn.....solid GIF. Impressive shit.

Agreed the gif was well put together.

Remember that Tyree Range rumor and it seemed like a sure thing...

dayday said:

Looks like he just attended the Nevada spring game on his twitter

dayday said:

And those of us who said won't happen.....meanwhile Green following a WSU RB who is dropping down with his highlight reel full.of scrimmage/practice clips seems more likely the level they might get

Ursus1 said:
dayday said:

And those of us who said won't happen.....meanwhile Green following a WSU RB who is dropping down with his highlight reel full.of scrimmage/practice clips seems more likely the level they might get

Ironic that we're contemplating getting a WSU drop down and Range is talking to WSU? :lol:

Is it just me, or does this whole process seem to be going a LOT slower than normal?

Texas Tech (where my kids go) literally has 99 offers out right now. ASU has 126 offers out. Oklahoma has a whopping 170 offers out.

AZGrizFan said:
Is it just me, or does this whole process seem to be going a LOT slower than normal?

Texas Tech (where my kids go) literally has 99 offers out right now. ASU has 126 offers out. Oklahoma has a whopping 170 offers out.

PJ Fleck of the University of Minnesota has offered over 200 kids so far since taking over in January. Stitt doesn't offer many kids early as he takes a more detailed approach to get the right kids. Griz fans will likely see more offers going out after summer camps in the next few months.

I believe it is about level, and secondarily a game plan that each college can employ.

I think the offering doesn't require much. You can pretty much assume the top 200 hundred kids could get in excess of 100 offers, unless they have been clear, very clear, as to what their interests are. It is a carpet bombing strategy, and I strategy that doesn't pay off as much for FCS schools as it does for FBS schools.

By blanket offering, especially mass numbers at a particular position, you have to make a choice eventually as to what of those offers has preference over the others. I have been apart of recruiting processes where coaches from colleges will say all he right things, do the right things, in the process will force players to reduce their college choices from many but to a very limited few but then will pull offers for a myriad of reasons.

Stitt's strategy is more of a laser guided strike on recruits than carpet bombing. The Missoulian, Kyle Sample and others have a ton of literature about the change in philosophy under Stitt. Of course it has its draw backs by under offering 2 star or even 3 star kids, that those kids can choose to go else where.

The point is that you can offer a kid, expend a lot of time on a kid that won't return the favor. For FBS schools, again I think it matters where in the food chain you are, but for FCS kids you can offer (for the sake of offering) but knowing you might not get a sniff on a kid until his options for better places are slowly eroded. THat is a difficult strategy to employ consistently at the FCS level because you are going to be holding the bag more often than not at the end of the recruiting season.

I wouldn't be alarmed by the lack of offers, because there are likely more (because there are more) offers standing for kids. There will be a smaller target group, with solid offers, and then a bit larger group they move to as the process starts to clarify in the fall.

Grizfan-24 said:
I believe it is about level, and secondarily a game plan that each college can employ.

I think the offering doesn't require much. You can pretty much assume the top 200 hundred kids could get in excess of 100 offers, unless they have been clear, very clear, as to what their interests are. It is a carpet bombing strategy, and I strategy that doesn't pay off as much for FCS schools as it does for FBS schools.

By blanket offering, especially mass numbers at a particular position, you have to make a choice eventually as to what of those offers has preference over the others. I have been apart of recruiting processes where coaches from colleges will say all he right things, do the right things, in the process will force players to reduce their college choices from many but to a very limited few but then will pull offers for a myriad of reasons.

Stitt's strategy is more of a laser guided strike on recruits than carpet bombing. The Missoulian, Kyle Sample and others have a ton of literature about the change in philosophy under Stitt. Of course it has its draw backs by under offering 2 star or even 3 star kids, that those kids can choose to go else where.

The point is that you can offer a kid, expend a lot of time on a kid that won't return the favor. For FBS schools, again I think it matters where in the food chain you are, but for FCS kids you can offer (for the sake of offering) but knowing you might not get a sniff on a kid until his options for better places are slowly eroded. THat is a difficult strategy to employ consistently at the FCS level because you are going to be holding the bag more often than not at the end of the recruiting season.

I wouldn't be alarmed by the lack of offers, because there are likely more (because there are more) offers standing for kids. There will be a smaller target group, with solid offers, and then a bit larger group they move to as the process starts to clarify in the fall.

Yeah, I wouldn't say I'm "alarmed"....just very interested that the process seems SO different this year...even than last year or the year before. One thing we've seen a lot of is early offering of the 2-3 star kids, that way when these blanket offerings by the P5 schools go away and their slots are filled, they remember who offered early/first....we won't have that luxury this year, so we'd better hope the offers that ARE put out there are the RIGHT offers and are accepted. :|

AZGrizFan said:
Grizfan-24 said:

Yeah, I wouldn't say I'm "alarmed"....just very interested that the process seems SO different this year...even than last year or the year before. One thing we've seen a lot of is early offering of the 2-3 star kids, that way when these blanket offerings by the P5 schools go away and their slots are filled, they remember who offered early/first....we won't have that luxury this year, so we'd better hope the offers that ARE put out there are the RIGHT offers and are accepted. :|
Yeah this has been my issue. However, Stitt's first full class seemed impressive and last years has some talent so might be a method to the madness. Time will tell. I think winning is the most important thing that will help with recruiting.

Not to mention that with the newly minted early signing period, it's about time to start worrying about 2018 signees, believe it or not.

AZGrizFan said:
Not to mention that with the newly minted early signing period, it's about time to start worrying about 2018 signees, believe it or not.
I foresee a lot of politics going into this early signing period deal.

I'm guessing that some of the 2-3 star guys might verbal to an FCS school early on, keep their recruitment open, but they WONT sign at the early signing option - deferring till February, and hope that one of the FBS schools will see their available status and pull the trigger. I see Stitt as using the early signing period as a way to weed out the guys who aren't jumping in with two feet, so to speak.

Back